What's Jealousy?

My Online Boyfriend (Fixing chapters)

Key's POV

 

I really have no clue to what I am doing right now. All I know is that I'm crazily driving over the speed limit on the freeway just steering my car left and right past all the normal speeding cars. I have no idea why I'm rushing to the Han River either. My mind says to stop and slow down but it's also pressuring me screaming 'Hurry the up and catch that butterfly!'

Loud beeps and continuous honks were heard all around me and pissed off drivers were giving me the naughty sign with their fingers. It's like they think I'll have the most interest at staring at their long, boney fingers. 

I frantically drove across three lanes and rushed my way down the exit ramp. Well now that my pathway is cleared and no other drivers are cursing at me I can have peace and quiet and listen to my iPhone speak it's directions to me.

"Your destination will be on your right," I heard the monotone british like voice speak clearly.

"Thanks Shanny," I kindly replied to my phone. I was playing with Ri In's phone one day and realized the map application had this feature so I downloaded it. I was obviously bored that day okay, have a problem?

I my right blinker and smoothly drove into the right lane. Then I turned the corner and parked near a sidewalk next to some french cafe. 

After the process of turning off the engine and unbuckling my seatbelt, I hurriedly jumped out of the car, locked it, and ran towards the grass field in search of the person I was trying to stop. 

"Where would she be?" I asked myself as I brought my hands to my hips. 

I walked onto the sidewalk and followed its path near the edge of the river. It gave a sense of peace and relaxation as I watched the ripples of the water sparkle like how diamonds do, but flow carelessy just as the wind does. I breathed in its natural aura.

I took a glimpse of two people on the left side of me, noticing it was a little boy playing with his mother. Ah, I remember the times when mommy would take me to the park and we'd play who would keep the stick up the longest as we protected the sides with sand. Good times.. very goo-

"Go out with me."

I slowly stopped walking and looked straight ahead of me, watching the cute looking couple have their moment. Oh how incredible is this! An attractive looking boy is asking out his crush near the Han River. That's nice. I wish I had a significant other to walk around with by the Han River. I wonder why everyones going to the Han River today? I'm going, butterfly's going, her guy friend-

Wait..

I paused myself as I glanced up again to catch a closer look of the couple ahead of me.

Didn't butterfly's friend say something about the Ham River? Or was it supposed to be Han..

 

"Wait Minhee, did he ask you where we're going?"

"Nope- wait actually he said something about the Ham River."

"What the hell is that? That sounds like a restaurant for animals."

"Well I don't know! You'll find out when you come downstairs, let's go!"

 

Oh, my god. It was the Han river.. then.. when butterfly left to go.. who was she going to meet up with again?

 

"Hey, I'll call you later. I have to meet with a friend right now. Bye!"

"No wait!" 

"What is it?" 

"W-Who are you going with? Minhee and some other girl?" 

"Nope, Jiwook. My other guy best friend." 

 

Jiwook.. is that guy standing a couple feet away from me? And he just asked out butterfly?

I looked up to the sound of the familiar voice breathlessly replying," Jiwook.."

Without thinking I took a step forward and called out her name. "Butterfly!"

Knowingly, she swiftly turned around giving me a shiver of nervousness. The look of surprise on her face made me laugh a bit but what made me laugh more was the look on the Jiwook guys face. His eyes were large and his mouth dropped in shock. I smiled and waved, glancing back at butterfly. She's quite fashionable in real life. Long brown wavy hair, flowy flowery tank-top, gray cardigan, creme shorts, long white socks folded over her brown laced up boots. 

"K-Key?" she stuttered taking two steps forward while pointing at me. I cheerfully nodded and made my way over to the two just destroying their moment.

"Oh hey butterfly! I can't believe I'm bumping into you here. Coincidence isn't it?"

Her blank face replied with a nod. I smirked and looked up at Jiwook who was just standing there confused. Butterfly's eyes followed me as I walked past her and straight up to what she claims to be 'her other best guy friend.'

"And you are?" I looked him up and down. Good thing that I'm slightly taller than him.

He scoffed looking off to the side as he placed his hands in his pockets,"I can't believe I listen to your music," He mumbled under his breath. Oh, so he's a fan I see.

He then looked back at me with a glare,"Jiwook. Min Jiwook. Hanna's-"

He cut his sentence short looking as if he was hesitated to say something. His eyes drifted off to the side again. I sensed he was a little nervous and at a loss of words since he gulped and looked down. 

I rose my brows and moved a bit closer to him,"Hm? You were butterfly's what?"

He chuckled and crossed his arms,"Butterfly? Who are you calling butterfly?" 

I lifted my head up and gradually looked over my shoulder seeing butterfly standing there not knowing what to do. Her large eyes looked at Jiwook then looked at me then continuously kept looking back and forth. I turned my head towards Jiwook again and kept my moderate smile. 

"Oh, so she didn't tell you yet?"

It looked as if he was taken a back for a moment,"What? Tell me what?"

I shrugged my shoulders and took a couple steps backwards until I felt butterfly's hand tap mine. I looked down and firmly gripped onto her hand and lifted it up to the level of our shoulders,"I'm her boyfriend."

Taking a mental snapshot of butterfly's startled face, I eye smiled her and pulled her along as we ran to my car. 

 

Jiwook's POV

 

"I'm her boyfriend."

Nothing crushed my insides harder than hearing those three words echo within my head. I felt so confused but felt angry. How could he have such perfect timing to ruin this moment and ruin my whole day? I felt like a loser standing alone at this place watching Hanna run off with that annoyingly familiar man.

"This can't ing happen again," I yelled as I kicked the ground and curled my hands into tight fists. I heavily exhaled when I heard the sound of my ringtone chiming from my pocket. I closed my eyes and evened out my breathing before reaching down into my pocket and tapping the accept call button on the screen.

I began walking towards my car as I heard the loud whispering of one of my members. 

"Yah, Jiwook. Are you on your way home yet? Everyone's here already."

I stopped walking for a moment feeling my chest getting heavier. I bit my lip at first then cleared my throat,"Yeah, I'm on my way to the studio."

"Oh great. Well we did as you told us. People brought tons of food, Hanna's favorite desserts, and some guy brought balloons and a cake. But I'm not sure if we invited him or not.."

I chuckled and began walking again,"He could have some of the cake and food too. But about Hanna-"

"Yeah Yeah! Jiwook's on his way okay! He's coming! Just keep the lights off," I heard our maknae command everyone,"Oh? Jiwook's on the phone? Ooh! Let me talk to him!"

"Ah- wait," before I could stop anyone from passing over the phone to the maknae, it was too late and I heard the cheerful voice just giggling about. 

"Hyung! You better get here with Hanna soon, the foods getting cold!" He whined. I closed my eyes and began rubbing my neck trying to calm myself. I can't tell them what just happened about five minutes ago.. actually I don't know what to do, the party should be called off right now. 

"Y-Yeah, I'm.. going."

He laughed and I assumed kept happily nodding,"Okay! But how did the ask out with Hanna go? She'll be so shocked to find out you're an official K-pop trainee huh?" 

I stopped right in front of my parked car and gulped to hearing what our maknae said. I shook off the feeling and pulled out my keys from my pocket to unlock the driver door. I slumped down into the seat and pulled the door shut just sitting still in silence. 

"You think she'll still call you Jiwook? Or by your stage name? Hyung, you know you're going to be even more popular at school? With Hanna by your side too. Hmpf, I should've went with you guys so I can record the moment of her surprised face and everything. How was it hyung? Did she jump around? Smile a lot? I be she hugged you really tight, right? Did she kiss you-"

I couldn't handle the teasing and threw my phone against the passanger seat. I let out an exasperated scream of frustration and rested my forehead against the wheel. 

No matter how many times I exhaled and tried to calm myself, nothing worked. Ugh, god, just this one chance to change my life and start fresh is just a plan ruined. That she male who ran off with my supposed to be girlfriend. 

I need to date Hanna. She's the only girl that can clear my mind off of..

I raised my head back up and and let my body relax against the car seat. I puffed my cheeks out then let the air go as I set my mind on her. 

"What a year," I softly chuckled to myself, letting my mind trail off into the past.

Everything. Since highschool was just a load of ups and downs in my relationship. I was the punk everyone was afraid to breathe air with. The popular jerk of the school year who had the cute demanding cheerleader. Obvious stereotypes, the jock and the cheerleader, but who cares it was fate. I was in love and I think so was she. Except the only person that got in the way was that nerd who followed her around.. 

The nerd that humiliated me in front of the whole school.. the nerd that punched me in front of my own girlfriend.. 

I shook my head and turned the key which started up the engine. I kind of don't want to think of my past self at the moment. 

"But he's also the one that made me the person I am today," I smirked and put the car in drive,"I guess I can give him some credit."

He changed my whole personality completely. Because since she fell for that kind and sweet type of nerd, I'll try and change for her to get her back. And if I ever meet up with that dork again, I'll make sure to make him feel as humiliated as I was during freshman year.

 

Hanna's POV

 

"So."

"So.." I replied back awkwardly. 

We were sitting in the awkward silence suffocating us in his car. Maybe it wasn't awkward for him, but it was very awkward for me.

I took a glimpse of him and he was just staring forward. Then I turned away and looked out the window. The car was still parked and neither one of us spoke to each other. Aish, it's just like the whole webcamming for the first time thing all over again. 

I felt as if someone was staring at me so as soon as I turned my head to see Key, he was staring directly at me. We both gasped and turned away again.

Then more awkward silence..

I hate awkward silences..

Finally Key decided to speak up,"So, um, wanna go out to eat?"

"I just ate."

"Oh okay."

I began to nibble on my lip and focus my attention out the window, though nothing interesting was going on outside. I silently whimpered to myself feeling very uncomfortable. I mean, what am I supposed to do now? Okay, I'm with Key in the car and we're just sitting here. Would it be odd of me to blast on some K-pop music that's not Shinee?

"Hey, does this tape to ipod thing work?" I asked pointing at the white tape recorder popping out of the radio. It was a certain tape recorder you inject into the radio that had a wire you can connect to your ipod to listen to your music through the car speakers. 

He nodded,"Yeah, you wanna listen to your ipod?"

"Mhmm," I responded, attaching the plug into my ipod. I clicked the music app and scrolled through my music until I found Double A's song 'I'm so crazy.'

"Sigani heulleodo maeil ne saenggakppunya. Sulgime naega haetdeon heeojijan geojitmal~."

"Oh, pfft, Aoora," Key rolled his eyes and laughed. I questionably rose my brow and lowered the music. 

"What about Aoora?"

He shrugged his shoulders,"I don't know. Something about that kid makes me cringe."

I gasped and dramatically placed my hand over my heart,"Whaaat?! Aoora is y okay. His voice..Plus, isn't he older than you?"

He clicked his tongue and looked out the window again,"Is he? I don't know. Well anyways change the song."

I glared him up and down then went back to scrolling through my ipod. Tsk, jerk.

"My first kiss went a little like this~ *muah* and twist *muah* *muah* and twist~"

"OH MY GAWD PLEASE CHANGE IT!" Key begged covering his ears with his hands. I laughed and paused the song. 

"Why? Bringing back memories of when Taemin dressed as Kesha with a short pink mini dress and you guys technically kisse-"

"SKIPPING song," he interrupted and reached out for my ipod. Pfft, though it seemed like you rather enjoyed Taemin being your girlfriend on stage.

He scrolled through the song list and his face softened, which I'm guessing he found a song he really likes.

The song began with a drum beat, merging in with a cute piano melody and then an electric guitar playing afterwards. I sighed with a smile and rested comfortably in my seat. I closed my eyes and began to hum along with the song. 

"I love this song," I whispered.

"I want to give this common song for you. It's just a very ordinary and more simple song. Somehow, if I accidentally hear this song it feels like we are people who don't know each other.." Key sang along with the song naturally. I opened my eyes and looked up at him, noticing his pitiful gaze at nothing in front of him. He must be thinking of someone since he looks so lost in his thoughts right now.. this song tends to do that a lot if you miss someone.

His beautiful voice flowed peacefully within me and I just sat silently listening to the lyrics of the song. My eyes never left his as if his face wasn't captivating enough. But what really made me worry was that there was a glint in his eye seeming like he was going to cry.

"When you hear this song, you'll hear your feelings as well- and butterfly you should stop staring at me now~"

I was stunned from the fact that he saw me staring at him so I quickly turned towards the window. I heard him chuckle a bit and I sighed while nervously nibbiling on my lip. Why'd I have to be so obvious?

"You saw nothing," he lightly laughed and poked me. I nodded and shifted my seating position forward. Oh, the shame.. 

I decided to ignore my embarassment and manned up because I wanted to ask him if he was alright. I angled my body towards him and looked at him. "Are you okay?" 

He stopped singing along to the song again and he glanced up at me with a smile. "Yeah, sorry I was just.. thinking."

I nodded,"Oh it's okay, thinking's good."

We both breathlessly chuckled and sat again in silence in the car. I reached out for my ipod in the cup holders and played the song on repeat. Common Song was the name of this emotional piece we were listening to. Common Song by Broccoli You Too. I have no idea why their name is called that but oh well, I like their songs. But most particularly this one. 

I lowered the volume a bit so me and Key wouldn't have to yell over the song while trying to talk to each other.

"So your names Hanna?" He suddenly brought up.

I smiled to myself feeling a bit happy that he called me that. "Yup, Choi Hanna."

"Choi Hanna," He wondered to himself,"Are you possibly, magically related to Choi Minho?"

I laughed to his suggestive assumption and shook my head,"Oh yeah, I'm totally related to the model singer. Just look at the resemblance," I joked.

He chuckled for a awhile then turned his head towards my direction,"No, you're prettier than him."

"Haha, yeah I am not prett-.. I'm pretty?"

I blinked mencaingly at him a little taken a back from this. He turned his head towards me and nodded. 

I gulped and turned away from him to look forward. "Thanks." Yes! I didn't stutter!

"Sorry, by the way, for kidnapping you on your date."

"D-Date?" I suddenly replied, but damn I stuttered.

He nodded,"Yeah, and saying I was your boyfriend."

"B-Boyfriend?!" Aigoo...

"And eavesdropping, and stalking, and following, and being rude-"

"Aaand, you can stop with your guilt and instead explain why you did that," I interrupted feeling slightly flattered. 

He stared at me for a few seconds before turning away. I furrowed my brows and tapped him on the shoulder. He ignored me. I pouted and tapped him again. He ignored, of course. I sighed and poked his cheek but as soon as I did that he turned towards me and leaned in closely.

My eyes widened along with my heart beat. Oh my god, what is this soon-to-be miracle?

"I.." 

I think I'm staring at him cross-eyed because he's so close to my face. Re-adjusting my eyes are worse because I'll go from having centered pupils to cross-eyed. But anyways, he just said what?

He blinked and leaned closer.

Breathe, breathe, breatheee.

"You..." 

"What?" I asked, innocently blinking at him. 

He continued staring and I continued dealing with my uncomfortable neck. I was about to collapse onto the car door because it was the only remaining space I had, but before I did his lips parted making me even more surprised. Oh..my heavens.. is he going to kiss me?

I unintentionally closed my eyes and waited as I screamed in my head. Eeeek! My dream is happening! My feelings for him as a guy friend have disappeared and my old fangirl self has come back! I'm waiting and-

"Define Jealousy."

I opened my eyes and saw Key staring at me for an expected answer. What .. is this..

He leaned back into his seat and patiently waited. I was still in the same strained neck position with my lips puckered out. I swiftly leaned back in my seat too and cleared my throat.

"Uhh.. resentment? When a person feels envious and wants to kill a particular someone for having something they want?"

He opened his mouth as if he was going to say something but closed it again. I kept blinking at him feeling so confused in this situation. Then a couple seconds later he turned towards the wheel and began speaking to himself.

"Having something they want?" He mumbled and put the car in drive.

I jumped a little from the start up of the car and started to buckle myself up in the seat belt. We finally drove out of the parking spot and out onto the road heading to.. somewhere. 

"Key-"

"I am not envious! What is this-  so riciculous.."

I closed my mouth again and decided to leave Key in his rant mode. Well then, how is he going to take me home if he's not giving me a chance to tell him directions? Aish, where are we going?

"Jonghyun's wrong! Jealousy feeling inside you.. who would be jealous? Me? I AM NOT JEALOUS!" 

I jumped to the loudness of his voice and scooted as close to the car door as possible. Did I say something wrong to make him mad? 

Someone save me...

 

 

 

 


 

Nehehe, I finally updated ^^ lol. 

I've been on tumblr and watching Flower Boy Ramyun Shop- my writers block for the past month.. 

                                                        ^^^^WATCH IT!!!!^^^^

Comment/Sub if u want ^^
 

 

-Jayleee