Oh, the awkwardness

My Online Boyfriend (Fixing chapters)

 

 

Key's POV

 

A moment of silence was taken when Jonghyun died from me punching him in the face.

Yes, I am sorry to all the blingers out there but your little fragile, bling bling died from being a .

"Oh man Key," Minho said staring at the twitching Jonghyun laid out on the floor,"He didn't mean it."

So here's what happened in our time from about a couple minutes ago. After the whole incident about Taemin and Onew, I was much more curious about why he just ran off like that. I mean, the sudden stuttering and him crazily running out the door was all too suspicious for me. 

I got up and began to walk towards the door and Minho and Jonghyun both followed along. Jonghyun said he was going to check something on my laptop and I told him no and that he should use his, but he said he was too "lazy". So I followed him back to my laptop, I heard a ringing sound, he said I "accidentally" pushed him caushing his arm to move and his hand to click on the video call button that just so happened to be available for the mouse cursor to click on. I was outraged and punched him and tada, bye to Jonghyun.

I chuckled with my lips formed as a smirk,"So you're on his side now?" I raised a brow. Minho shook his head and began to back away from me towards the door, then out of the room. I glanced back down at Jonghyun and softly kicked his head with my foot.

"Ow," he groaned.

"Yah, this is why I tell you to stay away from all my belongings."

He clutched onto his stomach and guarded the side of his face as he tried rolling away from me. I heard a gasp from somewhere but I just ignored it thinking it was Minho hiding behind the door or something.

He nodded and tried to speak,"Key.." He said with a strained voice,"laptop..people.." I questioningly stared at him as he continued on with his mumbling. 

"W-Webcam," he said before passing out. 

"Yah! Speak up!" I raised my voice and kept smacking his head. 

"Is that Jonghyun on the ground?" I heard a voice of a girl speak. I swiftly turned towards my laptop and realized I was still on webcam with butterfly. Crap!

I grabbed the nearest thing close to me, which was a towel hanging on my wall, and threw it over the laptop. 

"What the-?" I heard butterfly speak.

No no, oh no, I'm on a live chat with butterfly and I'm wearing no disguise! What should I do? What should I- ugh, I'll just cover my face with my hoodie, okay.

I cleared my throat and spoke with a deep tone that sounded kind of alike to TOP's voice. 

"Hello..." I spoke rather too darkly. I heard a cute giggle and someone say "woooww."

"Chainman?" I heard a soft sounding voice that somehow reminded me of strawberries. 

Plan failed, they saw me already. Damn you Jonghyun! Right now we would've been out of this room, chasing Taemin down the hallway, asking him about his suspicious act, but nooo you called two complete strangers which just so happened to be-

Wait why am I freaking out about this? This is butterfly, the chill girl I talk to mostly everyday. Why am I so afraid to talk to the girl I tried meeting face-to-face after a couple of weeks with chatting with her? I should be going for it and be talking all out with her!

I walked up to my laptop and clutched onto the towel that was draped over the screen. As I was about to pull it off I heard the voice of the giggler from before, which I am assuming is Hanna, spoke.

"Hey chainman, be almighty and show your face," she demanded with a little teasing tone on the side. I stopped breathing for a brief moment and came to realize why I was freaking out in the first place.

Why am I feeling so dazed right now? Obviously if I show her my face it's going to bring her attention to me that my face resembles that of Key from Shinee which I am Key from Shinee and she'll be shocked and possibly faint and quickly squeal and fangirl. Aish, I don't want that to be her! I don't want her to be a squealing little, annoying fangirl! I want her to be cool and calm about this just like our normal chatting. But something inside of me is telling me to not pull off the towel and just exit out of the video call. 

But I want to see what she looks like..

I bit my lip and fought with my mind whether or not I should reveal who I am.. what if she's the person to expose this kind of stuff to the public, then I'll get in trouble with manager hyung and the whole company itself will disown me!

My hand moved slightly making the towel slide a little downward. If I tugged it a little more than the camera will show and she'll be able to see me right now without a disguise. 

I shook my head and sighed. I closed my eyes and slowly sat down in front of the laptop, my hand still gripping onto the top of the screen and the towel.

"Hellooo? Why is the screen black?"

I gulped and closed my eyes,"Here we go,"I whispered.

I shifted my hand to the right and down went the towel. A knot twisted in my stomach right when the view of two girls were staring at me through the screen. Their video was a little pixely and seemed like they were sitting in a dark room. The quality of the video started to clear up and soon I saw a bright face of clearly butterfly. The nervous feeling suddenly went away right when I looked at the girl staring right at me with long, luscious brown hair and innocent brown looking eyes. And I'm assuming that girl is butterfly. I hope.

And then some chick behind her.

My eyes stayed glued to the screen as butterfly just stared at me wide-eyed. Everything was silent and we just took this time to calm ourselves down. Oh damn she's beautiful. So familiarly beautiful.. why is she so familiar..

"Key?" Butterfly said rather a little shocked and calm.

"Uhh-HM- crap," my voice cracked. Why am I so nervous, aish I'm not Onew!

Butterfly chuckled and smiled at me. Then I realized she's not freaking out at all.. she's so calm. She's calm. Wait, she's calm?

Butterfly's calm!

Ri In's wrong!

She's not freaking out! She's not fangirling over me! Oh my god this is seriously the best moment of my life! I can be myself around someone new that isn't spazzing out on me.

"So it really is you, huh?" the corner of her lips perked up into a cute grin. My heart began to race and I swear I heard fireworks playing in the background.

"Baby you're a firework, come and let your colors burst, make em' go ah, ah-"

Oh wait no that's my cellphone ringing! Oh how embarassing! I jumped up and quickly fumbled around with the inside of my pocket. I looked back up at the screen and butterfly was covering while giggling. Aigo.. thump. thump.

I unconsciously picked up my cellphone without looking at the caller ID and placed my phone against my ear. 

"Hello," I said while staring still at the computer screen. I feel so paralyzed.. like i can't think or feel right now.. I just feel so lo-

"YAH! KEY!"

My eyes popped up when I heard the sudden scream of that . I groaned and slammed my hand on the desk.

"What do you want Ri In?!" I raised my voice into the phone. 

"Uhhm, should I go?" I heard butterfly speak up from the chat. I focused back on the screen and tensed up again. 

"I- phone call," I mumbled out and pointed at the phone. Butterfly laughed and nodded.

"It seems important, you can go I'll just.. wait?"

I nodded multiple times still feeling lost. Then I slid out of my chair and briskly ran out of the room and slammed the door behind me. I stood angrily out the door and sighed into the phone. "What."

I heard Ri In snicker into the phone and let out a high-pitched sigh,"Don't think you lost me yet Key."

What an unexpected response. I crossed my arms,"I think I did. In High School I was positively sure I lost you because of him."

"Don't be jealous now. Just because you finally saw that online girl doesn't mean you'll be with her just yet."

Her serious tone began to make my skin crawl. This is beyond creepy, I'm not sure how to reply to such nonsense. Plus, how'd she know I met with butterfly? She's not hiding in my bedroom is she?

"How did you know to call me now right when I'm webcamming with her? Stalker much," I sneered and was about to hang up on her. I pulled the phone away and realized that I was still using her phone. Oh, that makes sense to why the ringtone was Katy Perry. My ringtone's IU's song Marshmallow.

I hovered my thumb over the end call button but Ri In again began to spoke.

"Things are going great actually. You've done my job and spoke to her through webcam. All you have to do is get together and become close and I'll do the rest," she said happily. I brought her phone up to my ear again and rose a brow of curiousity. 

"What do you mean? What you're going to break us up and give her a lifetime of hell?" 

She laughed in response and clicked her tongue,"Every girl that ends up with you should suffer the pain I went through to be fair."

I furrowed my eyebrows and mouthed out random mumbles to myself. What is she talking about this makes no sense.

"Yah Ri In, if we do get together don't mess with her," I said sternly into the phone, gripping onto it. 

"You should get rid of that thing then so I wouldn't be able to track down where you are."

"Track down? Are you saying you placed a tracking device somewhere on me?" 

Then after that sentence she hung up leaving me dumbfounded and lost as I gazed at her phone. So, she's trying to get back with me by pushing me into another girl. Yeah, that makes sense. Plus, why does she always have to talk in code words I don't understand. Whatever- tracking device? Pfft. She's just saying that to scare me. And if butterfly and I ever become a couple I'll be sure to protect her from Ri In. 

I breathlessly chuckled and shoved her phone in my pocket. I need to get  my own phone soon.

 

Hanna's POV

 

"That's so HILARIOUS!" Me and Minhee laughed on the webcam.

"I know right!" Jonghyun laughed and wiped a tear from his eye,"and when Key was in the bathroom to take a bath when he was little. He went 'number 2' in the tub and told his parents 'I don't know it's cardboard!'"

Minhee died of laughter and was knocked out on the floor while I rested my forehead on the table just laughing everything off. OH my god! I can't believe I'm hearing such personal real life things about Key from Jonghyun himself! It's weird how I can just talk with him so comfortably. Maybe because his randomess makes me feel happy so it's not awkward. This is a dream I'm telling you!

Then suddenly I heard a door slam faintly behind Jonghyun and Key marched up to him. Suddenly the screen went black again and all me and Minhee heard was some yelling and things falling over in the background.

 

"Why are you chatting with butterfly on my computer?!"

"I was bored! Plus I'm being a good host while you ditch her and talk with Ri In outside."

"That doesn't give you the right to invade my personal stuff! Plus what were you talking about?"

"Your baby story of when you told your parents your poop was cardboard."

*Rustle* *Boom* *Slap* *Boom* *Slam*

"And don't you ever think about sleeping in my room ever again!"

 

Holy crap what did I just witness?

"Dang, the was some rough JongKey," said Minhee. I laughed and hit her on the head

"Shh, don't say that when we're webcamming with them!"

Out of no where Minhee began to eye  the laptop suspiciously, I was confused at first with what she was thinking then the quick thought ran rapidly in my mind.

"Don't ask," I warned her and scooted closer to the laptop.

"Why not?" she whined,"I'm pretty sure they've heard the term JongKey before. They probably say it to each other everyday."

I stayed quiet for awhile then shook my head,"That's just weird."

"Nope, that's JongKey."

We both looked back at the chat and Key's screen was still black. What are they possibly doing? Did they forget we were on the chat? What if we lost connection. Did their video freeze? Are the lights off? Did they go out somewhere? Is that why it's so quiet? Why aren't they back?

I furrowed my eyebrows and pouted. Darn. I thought today would be a miracle and I'd get to personally chat with Key all to myself, and with Minhee beside me. Things are just not fair are they? Or maybe he'll come back. Yeah, he probably turned off the lights and had to go to the bathroom. Or meet with his manager outside. Or meet with his girlfriend.

His girlfriend.. Ri In? That one girl.. noo, Key doesn't have a girlfriend. It doesn't say on the Shinee fanpage or AllKpop. Haha.. ha. But if idols really want to have a girlfriend don't they hide it from the public? What if Key's dating Ri In and he really loves her and they're really dating so that's why he's hiding it from everyone?

Sigh, why am I asking these questions in my mind I need to be more realistic. It's not like I'll be able to ever date Key. I'm not even allowed to go to any of their concerts. Well, I did meet him once with absolute luck. I saw him at the cafe I was supposed to meet almightychainman at... oh wait.. he IS chainman.. I'm just confusing myself right now! Let's clear this up shall we?

So, I've been chatting with Key ever since the first day of school which was.. a couple weeks ago? A month? Then I got a message from that Ri In girl for us to meet up around a week later. I met Key at the cafe waiting for chainman and he was waiting for me and called me a stalker girl. Then I hated Key for awhile. Then I liked him again of course. I took a picture with him.. now I'm on live webcam with him?

Whooaa, so many things happened in my life that I didn't even realize. I just realized how freakin' lucky I am! Could it be that my life will have some amazingly fun adventures on its way? Hah, YES!

"So yeah, Key's been talking about this Ri In girl more often," I skipped the unrefined topic and let my mouth speak up for itself. Minhee took a step back and looked me up and down as she folded her arms in the process. I blinked at her and slowly glanced away, feeling uncomfortable with her stare.

Suddenly she lightened her face with a sort of mockery smile,"Oh, so now you're jealous hm?"

I gawked and rolled my eyes,"Tsk, no I am not jealous. I don't get jealous at all, you know that."

She let her arms fall to the side having a lop-sided smile once she spoke,"True. I mean, you didn't freak at all when Jiwook kept talking about his ex around in class."

I cleared my throat and nodded,"Yup, speaking of school we have it in three more days."

Minhee groaned and slumped on the bed beside her,"Ugh, don't remind me. I still have to finish all my late homework. Damn dramas get me in my procrasination mode," she drastically fell to the side feeling distressed.

I laughed and rolled my chair back to face the laptop. Meebo's got me in procrastination for the past couple weeks also. I've been chatting with almightychainman and-

My eyes enlarged again once I saw the angelic face in front of me fixing his hair in the screen. No way.. I wasn't dreaming?

Key looked up a little taken aback making my stomach twist nervously. Oh no! I forgot that I'm on webcam with an idol and I didn't get ready or fix my hair or anything! 

"I really don't know what to say right now," Key said as he scratched the top of his head.

Eeek! He's talking to me! Forget the hair fixing I need to use up every second just staring at this screen. I breathed in and out then replied.

"Yeah, me either," I said naturally. Yes, good Hanna, you didn't stutter.

"I can't believe you're butterfly," he let out a chuckle.

Urm, should I be offended? He couldn't believe it was me? Was he expecting someone better? Someone cuter? 

"I can't believe you're Key," I laughed,"But then again it explains how you didn't want to use your real photo and how your name is 'almighty'." He rose his brows and smiled at me. Must not squeal. Must not squeal. 

"So," Key spoke,"You look familia-"

"HAAANNAA! DID KEY COME BACK YET?! Lets go downstairs and EAT!" 

My heart raced and I quickly turned around and threw my chair pillow at Minhee's face. She was about to yell again when she sat up but as soon as I eyed the computer, indicating for her to look at the screen, she smacked her hands against and slowly backed up farther away into my bed. Then I swiftly turned towards my computer and saw Key just staring at the computer and chuckled. 

Stupid freakin' Minhee! You just embarrased both of us in front of Key! Now he's going to think of us as two idiot fangirls and will gossip about us in front of Jonghyun and Minho and Taemin and Onew! I can imagine their thoughts on us already..

"You guys are funny," Key said after his breath-taking chuckle. My jaw unintentionally began to drop but then I closed it as I rested my chin on my palm. I leaned closer into the laptop and sighed. Why is Key so nice now but he was so rude at the cafe. Oh well, but I really really like this sort of Key at the moment. 

"T-Thanks," I forced a smile.

I stuttered! Aish, stop worrying. Just breath and act natural as if you were talking to Jiwook or- no I shouldn't compare Jiwook to Key.. umm.. pretend you're chatting with Shindong. He's a funny guy so just laugh and smile.

"I don't know why I'm so nervous right now. I've ranted and complained a lot to you before but seeing you with a face and everything is just so surprising," he laughed to himself and slightly shook his head,"You're really pretty, butterfly."

My heart rates beating so incredibly fast I can't stand it! I'm holding in my squeals and it's suffocating me! Key called me pretty! I need to run out of my room for a bit to let out my happiness; I can't squeal in front of Key! What should I do? 

Think of Shindong.. Shindong's jokes.. Shindong's dancing.. he's on Star King.. Simon and Martina just asked him to do a funny dance.. hehe, I remember how Martina asked him to do a y dance and Shindong was all up on the floor and rolling around-

"Hahha...HAHAHA! HAHA! Oh, Shindong," I cracked and just began to laugh. Man, I miss that episode of Star King! SuperJunior and F(x) were asked to do different dances but Shindong beat them all with his shaking. Hah, he's so funny. 

"Shindong? Haha, what are you thinking?" Key's voice took over my thoughts and I could clearly hear him through the speakers again. CRAP, DID I JUST LAUGH IN FRONT OF HIM?!

I covered my mouth with my hand and bowed my head down. This is so embarrasing! I'm trying to act calm and natural but it's just so hard when you're webcamming with a K-pop star. It's just so hard to breathe!

"Butterfly? You okay?" 

I nodded still looking down,"Mhmm, yeah, I'm cool." Lies no I'm not, it feels like I'm suffocating myself.

"I'm sorry if I'm making you nervous. This was all probably so unexpected to you and everything. But, you can act yourself around me. You have been on chat, right? The only difference is that we can see each others faces. I'm still the almightychainman135 you've been talking to for the past month or so and I'm still pretty weird."

Then Key's words began to whirl in my mind and I began thinking; he's right. What's so different about me talking with Key on chat and on webcam? Well obviously we finally get to see each others faces but we're both still the same person. I act weird and outgoing on chat and Key's just as weird and outgoing as well. To think, he sent me a message first. I've chatted with him in class, everyday at home, pulled an all nighter with him. Just be yourself and talk to him. That's what I should do right now. I"m butterfly and he's almightychainman. He called me weird I called him a pedo. Let's continue the craziness of our conversations.

I brought my head up and let out a big grin and I just felt so relaxed and happy. The smile on Key's face was bright as well and a wave of relief just came by and we both began our normal conversations together.

"Sup, chainman. How you been? Haven't spoken to you in awhile," I chuckled and comfortably rested my back against my chair. 

Key nodded with a much happier smile,"Great. Except a while back Taemin was acting weird and all. It's like our maknae's on drugs or something. He's acting so bipolar just like Jonghyun."

I laughed,"Maknae on Drugs. Sounds like an intense fiction or something."

"Haha, yeah," he returned the same comforting smile. 

Well I must say today's going swell. I wonder why no one ever uses that word anymore; swell. Anyways today's been so great and nothing else can make me smile as much as a Shinee member being my friend. It's an unusual coincedence isn't it? Out of all the Meebo users on the site, he landed on my chat. I would of never thought chainman would be him though. And I can't wait for the day until we meet in real life again but with a better impression. 

I glanced up at my cork board on the wall in front of me. The picture of me and Key happily smiling next to each other. Well, Key and I promised to meet each other one day and hangout like what real friends do. And oddly enough I think squealing in front of him is just strange now. Imagine squealing in front of your bestfriend randomly saying you love them and that they're just so amazing. 

So the deal is to keep our promise. On Key's next break, which is probably when him and Shinee is all finished with their debut in Japan, we'll meet up somewhere. He'll first introduce me to everyone and I'll bring along Minhee so she can meet her husband. Then when we're a little more comfortable hanging out he'll take me out to go shopping and what not and well, discussing these things with him is making me really excited.

And the great thing is that all of our ideas are only a secret between me and him.