Go out with me.

My Online Boyfriend (Fixing chapters)

Key's POV

 

And today is Saturday. A beautiful day filled with stormy clouds, pouring rain, and cuddle weather. Which I do not have a person to share this amazing romantic time together at the moment. Jonghyun could though; lucky bastard. He has Shin Se Kyung-

Oh wait, I forgot she dumped him like two weeks ago. Sigh, it to be single.

I sighed depressingly as I gazed out the window while laying comfortably in bed with my blanket tightly wrapped around me. I watched the little water droplets slide down like glistening tear drops as I listened to the rain sprinkle on top of the roof. It's pretty cold right now which is oddly strange because yesterday it was all sunny and the perfect temperature. The weather just decided to match my mood I guess.

"Hey brah, I made you hot chocolate," I heard Jonghyun say as he closed the door behind him with his foot. He placed the two steamy mugs filled with hot chocolate by the bedside table then jumped onto my bed as we gazed out the window together.

"Today ," I said bluntly as I slowly sat up in bed, reaching over Jonghyun's body to get my mug of hot chocolate," We have school again on Monday which I seriously doubt will be something to look forward to."

Jonghyun took a sip of his drink and exhaled afterwards satisfied," Well we can't do anything about it. Ever since that day as being guests on that one TV show, and how the host gave us all math problems from sixth grade to do and I totally blanked out, we were kind of forced to attend school- my fault."

I took a last sip of my hot coco and placed it on the other bed stand beside me,"Freakin' failure in life Jonghyun! How could you not solve that simple Quadratic equation? Remember our little song? X equals negative B plus or minus square ro-"

"SHUT UP I HATE ALGEBRA! It's so stupid- how do negative numbers set our goals in life? And I'm still confused to why school skipped the letter 'E' in our grading scale. Is 'E' not good enough? Just because it looks like bucked teeth they think it's stupid? 'F' looks like fangs-"

"Dude, calm down," I hushed him up as I the TV. He ignored me and mumbled nonsense under his breath as I placed my mind on something more positive. Butterflies. 

Yeah, I'm pretty sure butterflies are my favorite insect now. They're so beautiful and kind and gentle. They flutter around without a care and is loved by everyone. They're so unique and have such a beautiful sense of fashion with their wings and I myself think fashion is quite important. It rests on flowers and it's so graceful. I mean it's ugly at first with it's negativity and low standards but when it blossoms it blooms into such a delicate light of love it warms everyone's heart.

I sighed and looked at Jonghyun to see what he was up to. I jumped a little as I saw his shocked face staring right at me. 

"Dude.. that was deep."

I blinked at him and sipped more coco from my mug,"Huh? What?"

"Those words, about butterflies. I didn't think you had that side of you."

I scoffed,"What side? A side of grace and femininity for love and passion?"

Jonghyun was silent for a bit and turned his sight towards the television,"Oh no, I was thinking of something.. uh.. far more different on the lines of being feminine. Like being you know."

I kept a straight face as I continued to stare at the brainless man in bed with me. "Like what?"

"Huh?" He spoke a little too sudden,"Oh, nothing."

"Calling me gay?" I rose a brow at him and listened intently for his next set of words. I'm pretty sure he's just going to either skip the subject, say 'Oh.. uhh..uhmm..I.. didn't..', or both.

His eyebrows furrowed a bit in thought as he cleared his throat and remained fixed with the TV,"Oh.. uhh..uhmm..I.. didn't.. HEY, HOW'S BUTTERFLY?"

Oh, I like this topic! Nevermind, I'll let him pass. 

"Doing well actually, I mean webcamming with her isn't weird at all and it's like I'm actually being myself around her. She's so weird like me and yet care free about life like me and she's just so.. cool."

He chuckled from my amazement of her and sighed," Sounds like you really like her huh? You think of moving on to the next level?"

I was about to reply with a yes of course type of way but then my tongue held me back and I remained silent. Well, I really don't know. Butterfly is cool, looks pretty, seems like my type of friend to just kick back with on a sidewalk and just stare up at the night sky with but I don't really know her. I just see her side through the internet. I want to know more personal things like what she does on a daily basis, how is she like at school? Who are her friends? And every detail like that.

"I don't know," I replied staring mindlessly at the TV screen,"I want to meet her in person that's for sure. Do I want to date her? Yes and no."

Jonghyun sat silently and just nodded as I let out all of my thoughts.

"What if it turns out to be those internet flings where two strangers talk online, they both seem like they like each other but in reality they both have totally different personalities?"

He shrugged at first but prepared himself to talk as he sat up in a more comfortable position,"Well it depends. How far are you two willing to go with this? Yeah you met online and you're right about the fact of having two different personalities. But if you're willing to risk your career for her and she's willing to except being exploited to the public then that's definite fairytale love. You think you guys will end up doing that?"

I switched my position in bed and laid on my side because my arm started to feel numb,"I don't know. I kind of just met her Jonghyun how am I supposed to know what she wants and if she's up to it?"

"I'm just saying. Lets say you guys been together for about two years. Your ex girlfriend-"

"Whoa," I interrupted him as I sat up in bed and faced him,"Why are you bringing Ri In into this? This topic is supposed to be only about butterfly and I."

He laughed and rolled his eyes,"Let me continue! I'm trying to spice up our talk. It's weird how we're both laying in bed together snuggling under the same blanket and talking about girls. Sheesh."

Oh yeah he's right.. what are we doing anyways? Yeah, it's a Saturday, a free day, but we could all be practicing our dances for our Japanese single releases. I don't feel manly opening up emotionally to Jonghyun as we're both laying in the same bed..

"Okay, whatever. Everything Ri In related is a bore to me," I stated, crossing my arms and looking out the window. I heard him mumble the word Diva but I didn't feel like making a big deal out of it at the moment.

"So anyways," he continued with his bore story,"Imagine you and butterfly dating for the past two years. During that time you guys have been through a hard relationship, lets say struggles with Ri In because she's jealous of you guys and still likes you. What if she like ends up attending butterfly's school and pretends to be her friend and as they get close she makes up lies about you two and Hanna gets depressed and moves away and you'll never see her again until we release this new song that's all about her or something-"

A nervous feeling formed within me as Jonghyun continued on with his little future prediction. Why does all of this seem so accurate? What if this does happen.. I really do end up dating butterfly and Ri In tries to intrude in our relationship. Ri In's been trying to interfere right now actually.. but once me and butterfly really get together, who knows what will happen to us.

"-and like, Taemin could be chatting with butterfly on Meebo with a hidden username messing with her mind or something. That seems realistic since Taemin was up to his 'secret plan that will destroy us all' haha. Remember that during our meeting with the Chairman? Oh man, some good times-"

"Jonghyun," I abruptly interrupted him," Lets skip that future subject. I'm a little bothered by the topic."

"Oooh, mysterious. Wouldn't that be crazy if what I'm saying came true! I'd be like a freakin' psychic."

"SKIPPING the subject!" I slammed my finished mug down on the table and and exhaled loudly. I felt Jonghyun stiffen beside me but I could care less. Right now I'm just going to focus on the baby steps of me and butterfly finally being able to webcam comfortably and being good friends with her. All that relationship stuff is put aside at the moment. Damn I don't even know if I want to date right now. Plus I'm gonna be a laughing stock of the internet.

'Shinee's Key is known to be online dating with a fan.'

Just all over the tabloids, about me dating some random girl. It'd be such a hassle over at the SM company.. they'd probably have me lie about us being cousins or me having to dump her or something. Sigh. I just realized how difficult my life is.

"But yeah, you should try and date her. Who cares if she's some girl you met online. If you really like her then things might just go swell."

I paused a bit and then chuckled after I heard the last word,"Swell, no one ever uses that word how abnormal."

He chuckled in response,"Abnormal? No one ever uses that word either."

It was awkward silence between the two of us as we both sat up straight and just continued to concentrate on whatever was on TV. Apparently, it didn't work.

"Can we do something else, I feel uncomfortable still lying next to you."

I nodded and reached over to get my laptop that was on top of the TV. I lifted the top and pressed the power button as I waited for it to load. I'm so glad the company gave my laptop back.

"Oh, and just a reminder, when you start to have that jealousy feeling within you when she's with someone else, then it's for sure that you like her."

Jealousy? Tsk, who gets jealous easily nowadays? If you're in a relationship with someone then that means you two are serious and can trust one another with other people. She's has a life, I have a life, why intrude in other peoples personal things? I can keep positive with the fact that if I'm dating butterfly; I wont get jealous easily.

"Wait, how'd you even get in here? I forgot this is my house not the dorm," I cautiously looked at Jonghyun as he shrugged and looked the other way.

"Dunno, I come here often."

"That's creepy you know that, right? This is my house."

"So."

"....."

The sound of Meebo popping up distracted my thoughts of sending Jonghyun to rehab. I shifted my gaze towards the screen and there it was.. the connection between me and butterfly. The only place where I can open up comfortably to a girl who understands me. I still can't believe I can skip the 'sending her a message' part and just click the 'video call' button. 

So I clicked the video call button and it showed an icon of a green phone ringing with the loading circles surrounding it. It then disappeared and showed the pixely face of butterfly laying her cute, chubby cheeks on her bedsheet. 

"What..." she groaned into the camera and closed her eyes again. Oh, she must've been sleeping and I woke her up... oh well.

"Hi!" I cheered and waved at her. She let out a puff of air and rubbed her eyes. 

"Oh this is weird," she said pulling her laptop with her as she sat up in bed. 

I laughed and smiled,"What? That you're talking to a famous K-pop star without a care?"

"Yep," she replied casually as she adjusted her camera settings. Her screen got brighter and clearer and I was able to see her in perfect high quality.

"Whoa, that's butterfly?" Jonghyun said in amazement, leaning over my shoulder. 

I nudged him in the stomach causing him to yelp in pain,"I saw her first."

"Hey, so when's our hangout date?" Butterfly suddenly brought up," I want to meet the rest like Jonghyun and them." She smiled.

"See, she likes me better," Jonghyun whispered with a smirk. I turned to him and smacked his arm.

"No she doesn't, get away."

"Jealous~"

I ignored him and replied back to butterfly," Next weekend! Before we all have to move to Japan for a bit because our debut there."

She nodded and smiled happily," Alright chainman, I just want to warn you about my friend though.. she's a little.. Shinee obsessed, her bias is Jonghyun, but I'll calm her down so she won't attack him or anything."

To the sound of hearing that warning, Jonghyun immediately tossed my blanket over me and ran out of my room and out the door. Strange little floop he is.

"Did I freak him out?" butterfly asked. 

I shrugged my shoulders and breathlessly laughed,"Whatever. As long as I can see you first an- you know you look oddly familiar?"

"Well, yeah it's because we me-"

"No, nope, nevermind. I'm thinking of some other girl," I shook my head and smiled.

"You-.. uhh, okay then," she replied hesitantly. 

I laughed, she laughed, it was all just a normal fun day for us. When I'd feel down I'd call butterfly and annoy her. I'm proud of myself for getting over the fact of her being a fangirl when she clearly isn't. She's normal; is all I can say and that's what I really admire about her. There's no one in the way now to interrupt me and butterfly. Ri In's gone and everything's just going perfect in my life as well.

 

 

Hanna's POV

 

Normal boring chainman talking to me like the usual and no tingly feeling is exploding inside of me right now. I'm just bored. Is it okay to announce that my best guy friend is a korean pop star? Pretty legit to me. 

"HEY Hanna," I heard Minhee scream of excitement as she burst through my door. 

"Your names Hanna?" I heard Key gasp behind me.

I jumped from my seat and stood up, leaning against my rolling chair to face her. "What? Can't you see I'm private chatting with Key right now?" 

"Hey Minhee!" I heard Key's voice from behind. She smiled at the screen then started to jump around in front of me. 

"Hanna! Guess who's here at your house right now?" She squealed. 

I chuckled and crossed my arms,"Who? Kikwang?"

"YAH!" the scream of Key made me cringe. I turned around and saw him glaring at me. 

"What?" I bluntly replied.

"Do you like Kikwang?" He suddenly asked. I slowly nodded my head in a hesitant way.

"Yeah, I love B2ST. They're like my favorite group right now. Them and MBLAQ. Well- also infinite. But maybe Bigbang more. Nah I still like U-kiss.. OH no I LOVE B.A.P! and Exo-"

"And you're forgetting a group! The best group out of all of those people," Key scoffed at me through the screen. I looked down for a moment, just sighing and thinking. 

"Who can possibly be better than Bigbang?" I rose a brow.

Key shook his head in disappointment and sighed,"Well obviously I'm in a group. Shinee?"

Oh yeeeah, I've gotten so used to Key I forgot all about my love for Shinee. I also have to remember not to let this news spread anywhere. The only people that are allowed to know that I'm close with the guys are Minhee and that's it. 

"Hanna! Will you listen to me it's important!" Minhee kept warning behind me as she clung onto the door.

I looked back up and nodded at her,"Yeah, what's up?"

"Jiwook's downstairs!"

Jiwook? Jiwook... wait why? We already got the mail together this morning. Unless he forgot his mail in the box again for the billionth time, seriously I think he has ten second memory because when we get to my house he's like 'Crap, I forgot my mail again' and it's ridiculous. But anyways, what's the reason for coming over now?

I turned around and faced Key,"Hey, I'll call you later. I have to meet with a friend right now. Bye!"

"No wait!" He shouted preventing me from clicking the exit tab. 

"What is it?" I asked.

"W-Who are you going with? Minhee and some other girl?" He chuckled.

I tilted my head to one side and shook my head,"Nope, Jiwook. My other guy best friend." 

It's not illegal to have two guy bestfriends so why is he so curious? Well, I'm off to see Jiwook. I wonder what he wants now. He better not make me come with him to go pick up his mail like yesterday.. and the day before that.

 

Key's POV

 

"Nope, Jiwook. My other guy best friend." 

I gripped onto my mouse clicked and carefully listened to the conversation between butterfly and Minhee in the background.

"Did Jiwook tell you why he came over?" asked butterfly.

Minhee shook her head,"No, he just told me to get you quickly so he can take you somewhere."

"Where? The mailbox?"

"No! Not this time, he said it's.. well personal. Plus I'm not allowed to come."

Damn! If Minhee's not allowed to go along with them he must be asking her out. I forbid butterfly to hangout with other guys! Though I don't know her much I forbid her. I, Kim Kibum, can and will only be butterfly's only guy friend. Not that.. I like her or anything. Why would I like her? I'm just protecting her because I sort of kind of almost like her. Sheesh.

"Wait Minhee, did he ask you where we're going?"

"Nope- wait actually he said something about the Ham River."

"What the hell is that? That sounds like a restaurant for animals."

"Well I don't know! You'll find out when you come downstairs, let's go!"

"Bye Key!"
 

Ham River, why would that Jiwook guy take butterfly to a place like that. It's like a mockery of the Han River which I'd totally take butterfly out to. I've been there a couple times when I had to spy on Jonghyun and Shin Se Kyung on their date to make sure Jonghyun doesn't act too nervous around her or anything. 

And did she say bye?

I averted my eyes towards the screen and saw my desktop wallpaper. Eh? She hung up on me! Well- no wait! I have to stop her! 

Then an idea came to my head. 

"Key! Do you know what butterfly's friend looks like? Was her name Minhee or something?"

I looked up and saw Jonghyun leaning against the door frame just munching on an apple. I ignored him as I ran to my closet and pulled out my jacket then fast walked out the door.

"Yah! Where do you think you're going?" Jonghyun followed after until I walked out my front door to shut him up. 

 

Hanna's POV

 

I shut down my laptop then proceeded to the door. Minhee was already waiting by the front with Jiwook until I was ready to leave.

I was putting on my coat as I was slowly walking step-by-step down the stairs. A nervous feeling formed in my stomach and my breathing started to become uneven.

Inhale and exhale.

Why is your heart racing so fast again Hanna? I thought you got over him. You don't like Jiwook. Jiwook doesn't like you either. He- .. he.. 

Before I walked down the last step of the stairs I stopped myself and just stood in place thinking of that one day. Do I need to come up with an answer right now?

 

(flashback)

 

 

As we reached my front door he asked me this question.

"If you never came out of your house in that toast costume, and listened to what I had to say first, would you say yes?" 

"Huh?" I cocked my head to the right. I'm a very slow person so people always had to break down what they say in order for me to get it.

He laughed glancing off into another direction then looked back at me.

"I'm saying if I asked you to be my girlfriend would you say yes?" 

I blinked once, then twice at him. I began rocking my feet back and forth as he just curiously stared at me.

"Does that mean you still like me?" I asked. He stayed quiet for a couple seconds then began laughing. What's so funny? Why is he laughing so much today? So, is he now saying he doesn't like me?

"Yes, I like you," He chuckled and patted my head.

 

(End of flashback)

 

I kept my gaze onto the ground and gulped down a wad of nervousness. I forgot about that day.. when he asked me out the second time. I told him to give me time so I can think about being his girlfriend. 

My fluttering eyes look up at the door and I took one step down from the stairs then the other and soon enough I was standing flat onto the hard wood floor. Why is it so hard to choose right now? The only person I like at the moment is Jiwook and I want to be with him but then again I don't. I bet once I walk out the door and see the sight of Jiwook he's going to want to hear an answer from me. What do I do.. what should I say?

Suddenly the door opened and Minhee and Jiwook walked inside. I widened my eyes and I unintentionally took a step back. 

"Hey Hanna," Jiwook lifted up his hand and smiled. 

I gulped and waved back,"Hello."

I sensed that Minhee knew I felt awkward so she asked,"Jiwook, you sure I can't go? You know it's our last day before going back to school and me and Hanna still have a lot to do so~."

Jiwook cleared his throat and slowly shook his head left to right,"I-uh.. sorry Minhee, I want to privately talk to Hanna. It's kind of important."

Someone kill me now. How private is this personal talk? I mean if it's just a simple ask out it isn't weird at all for Minhee to come along. Why can't guys figure out girls moods! I obviously don't want to go alone with him and yet he keeps saying no, Minhee can't come. 

Gah, he's so rude. Just because he's a guy he thinks he can control everyone like that? Girls can be just as powerful and this is the time I should show some manliness and tough it up! Unless I should call it girliness? But if I call it girliness than that just sounds too feminine and I sound weak. But if I call it manliness I sound so guy-ish. I should create a new word like ganli- okay, I've gone crazy.

"Aish, I hate how annoying I get," I sighed and slumped down in my seat. Why's it so stuffy in here? Time to roll down the windows.

I pressed the button on the arm rest then closed my eyes as I took in a deep breath of the wind blowing in my face. Ahh, refreshing. 

"Are you relaxed now?"

I snapped my eyes open and looked in the direction of where I heard that voice. Jiwook's smiling face greeted me as I turned my head and looked at him. What the- how in the world? I examined left, right, up, and down as my heart rate increased and I began to panic.

Walls? Black walls.. and leather underneath me.. windows.. radio..I'm in a car?

I quickly turned to my left again and noticed Jiwook in the drivers seat singing along to the radio. 

"Yah! Stop singing along to wondergirls and explain how ninja you just got!" 

He laughed and playfully poked my forehead,"You need to learn to pay attention. You know, anyone could just pick you up and throw you in their car if you space out this easily."

I chuckled and rolled my eyes,"Tsk, I don't space out that easily. It's only when I'm lost in deep thought and thinking about something important."

"Important? Like what?" He curiously asked.

I shrugged my shoulders and rested my head on my palm with my elbow propped against the window,"Stuff. Problems. Boys. The typical first-world problems of a woman."

He breathlessly laughed then spoke,"Boys? Hm, have you been thinking about me?"

"Well yeah," I responded unconsciously. It's his fault that I've been stressing out so much. I didn't want to go downstairs and meet up with him and now I have to think of an answer to tell him if I should be with him and all and now I'm stuck in this car with him and I can't ditch because if I leave him now I'll be stepping out of a moving vehicle driving on a freeway and I could die and holy crap I just told him I was thinking of him.

"No," I abruptly replied.

He scoffed clicking the right signal of his car so we could exit out of the freeway, "You just said yeah and now you're saying that you're not thinking of me?"

"Yes."

He chuckled and mumbled words underneath his breath which he did purposely so that I couldn't hear him. What a jerk guy friend he is.

Then I looked up and somehow we were already parked in a parking lot. I gazed out the window and saw the beautiful Han River and it's beautiful bridge calmly giving peace and quietness to it's people. 

I unbuckled my seatbelt and got out of the car and so did Jiwook. We both silently walked side by side as we headed towards the river. Oh darn, I wish I brought my ipod with me, that way it would lighten of the tension between us two. Seriously, I feel so uncomfortable right now just walking with him. Why's he being so serious again?

I swiftly took a quick glance at him then looked forward. Well he's definitely thinking about something. His eyebrows are almost connected, his eyes are still and locked straight ahead, he's quietly breathing, and his lips are tightly closed. 

I ignored his seriousness and lightly skipped over to a bench. I let out a sigh of relaxation as I sat down and happily glanced over the sparkling river. Ah, it's so beautiful and calmin-

"No sitting, follow me," Jiwook commanded as he grabbed a hold of my hand and pulled me with him. Aigo! I thought we came here for relaxation and peace? Why can't we sit!

"What the- why? I want to sit! If we came here to clear our minds and just let it be a chill day then I suggest we take a breather over on that comfortable bench I was just sitting at earlier." 

I crossed my arms and turned away from him trying to stay lost in my own thoughts. Well fine then, drag me all the way to this place without my permission and make me stand when I'm really tired. Oh yeah, that's the perfect example of a gentleman right there.

I was about to walk away from him until his words stopped me from taking another step.

"Once you sit you'll start to feel comfortable and your mind is going to want you to think about things."

I slowly turned around and looked up at him.

"I don't want you to think about anything right now."

My lips slightly parted but no words came out.

"Didn't I give you enough time to think?"

I kept silent and didn't want to reply. Here we are at the Han River, one of Korea's most romantic and calming places to go to, which I now know why he chose this place to talk privately. We were standing by the edge of the river in perfect view of where the waterfall flows out from the bridge. I looked around me and the area was a little empty besides all the cars passing by. It was just me, Jiwook, and a little kid and his mom playing around the grass field. 

I knew I had no way out of this so the only thing to do was talk to him.

"You did- well at least I think.. you did."

My body began to tremble and I played around with my fingers within the pocket of my jacket. I glanced up at him and he was gazing towards the river again with his own thoughts. 

What's wrong with me today? I'm not usually like this; being uncomfortable around people. I'm the one who usually brings up something randomly when there's an awkward silence like right now. I'm the outgoing girl of the group and standing in front of Jiwook nervously without any words to speak is so unlike me that I'm scaring myself. 

I watched carefully to see what Jiwook was doing. His hands were in his pant pockets and he was calmly looking over the water. The wind gracefully kept blowing on our hair giving a dramatic affect on his as he intenly gazed away from me. Look at him Hanna, he's perfect; the perfect guy. He's tall, slim, humble, friendly, intelligent, caring, honest, handsome. You like him- of course you like him. But how come when he asks you the question you've been day dreaming of since middle school, you just blank out and don't want to reply?

Without a warning Jiwook unawarely took a hold of my hands and pulled me closer to his chest.

"Go out with me."

I parted my lips and inhaled quietly,"Jiwook.."

"Butterfly!"

My heart began to pound harder and I suddenly let go of Jiwook's hands and turned around. My eyes enlarged and I literally couldn't believe what I was seeing right now. 

Both my arms dropped to my sides and I took a step forward. I blinked a couple times to make sure I wasn't dreaming and strangely enough I was still living in reality.

I saw chainman, Key, standing a couple feet away from me right now with a happy smile as he lifted his hand up and waved a hello.

 

 


 

This took me a week and a half to finish for some reason lol. So woooo~ my birthday was on Saturday and it was fun. ^^ Then I'm freakin' full from all the Thanksgiving food. Then todays' Black Friday! Yeeeeeah!

Hope you guys are having a wonderful relaxing Thanksgiving break! I hope your tummies are full! and enjoy Black Friday today! :D <3

-Jayleee