Sacrifice

It's Complicated
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“I ran out of bullets.” One of the hunters screamed.

Other hunters also found themselves in a dangerous situation, their guns were not enough to defeat the shadowy creatures.  Siwon noticed the unarmed hunters and raced his way towards them.

“Here take my guns guys,” Siwon insisted.

“No, Siwon! You’ll be defenceless then!” The hunters replied.

“There’s no time for talking! People are dying right now. Take these guns NOW. “ Siwon handed over his guns.

“Siwon look out!” A hunter screeched.

Siwon pulled out his daggers from his coat, from the corner of his eyes he could see vampires from behind and within seconds he sliced the vampire’s necks and the next miunte the heads of those vampires were gone.

“Amazing. Siwon can still kill vampires without using guns.” Daesung praised Siwon. Bom had her hands covering her face, she couldn’t watch everything properly.

“Where the hell is Seunghyun? Has he been being hiding all this time?” Siwon growled.

“Siwon! Help!” A hunter screamed. Siwon followed the cry and tracked down the helpless hunter. Right before Siwon was a mob of vampires swarming around a vampire hunter. Siwon kicked the vampires from behind, making the vampires fall on one another like dominos.

“RUN! I’ll deal with these vampires.” Siwon urged the hunter. The hunter nodded as he placed his trust on his leader and ran off.  The group of vampires circled around Siwon. Siwon had blood smeared across his face, making the vampires more eager to eat him alive. Siwon observed the faces surrounding him. He was definitely outnumbered. He had no idea what to do.

Siwon threw his first dagger at one of the vampire’s eyes, the sharp blade landed on his eyeball and pierced the iris. Siwon then threw his other dagger and threw it at another’s vampire. Siwon’s hands fumbled inside his coat, to reach for a short sword as he started to fight amongst the mob of vampires on his own.

“SIWON!” Bom screamed at the screen. Daesung and Bom watched their friend battle with hundreds of vampires on his own, they could tell he wasn’t able to withhold so many vampires.

“…..it’s over.” Daesung whispered. Bom held her tears before she stormed outside.

“Bom! Where are you going?!” Daesung yelled at Bom.

Daesung started to panic as soon as he heard the car engine roaring outside.

“BOM! COME BACK! DON’T GO THERE!” Daesung at Bom. Bom saw Daesung hammering the window pane but she didn’t care. She needed to see Siwon and drove off.

 

“Earth to Siwon. Bom’s coming. Bom’s coming to the forest.” Daesung yelled at the microphone.

Vampires everywhere were scratching Siwon’s skin. Pulling his limbs, Siwon couldn’t attack the vampires and what made him even more depressed was hearing Daesung’s voice.

Bom….

“Bom…’ Siwon whispered. The vampires stabbed his arms with their sharp claws, Siwon’s arm couldn’t bear the pain anymore as he let of the sword as the metal fell onto the ground. The vampires bite into his arms, blood oozed from his body. Everything started to seem hazy .His mind started to play tricks on him.  He saw his father standing behind the vampires that were biting him.

“I’m so sorry father….I’m so sorry I couldn’t protect the human race….I’m so sorry for not being as strong as you….I’m so sorry ….” Siwon started to cry.

Siwon noticed his father disappearing, he noticed the bright green colours of the trees fading away to a dull grey colour.

“I’m sorry Bom… for not able to keep my promise.” Siwon manage to say.

Daesung wiped the tears away from his eyes, as he was about to turn off his laptop. He couldn’t watch it anymore. He knew the vampires had won if the most powerful hunter was in danger.

Suddenly the whole screen turned black on its own. Daesung furiously attacked the keyboard, trying to find the signal and fix the connection. But it wasn’t a connection problem. Somebody destroyed all the hidden cameras in the forest.

“…..How did someone notice my cameras?” Daesung cried.

“Siwon! Can you still speak to me?” Daesung yelled.

But there were no reply.

 

 

 

Bom pushed the limit and sped her way to the forest. The car screeched as she slammed the brakes. She shoved the first aid kit inside her backpack before she entered the forest.  She was very cautious, she ran very fast but made sure she would run on the path that made the least noise.  Bom fired her gun whenever she saw a vampire, she once was afraid of the blood and gore, but not anymore. She’s a different person now.

She tried to avoid the staring at the dead corpses on the ground. Most of the hunters died and it scared her. What if Siwon didn’t survive? She shook those thoughts away and continued to go deeper into the forest.

Suddenly she felt an icy hand gripped on her neck. It’s nails dug into her milk skin.

“Oh my, a girl hunter? That’s  odd.” A vampire chuckled from behind.

Bom stepped on the vampire’s feet and spun around so she could shoot the vampire directly at his chest. The vampire gave her a confused look before he started to fall, crashing down to the ground.

Bom kicked the dead vampire body once more before she ran away. Her inner hunting instincts began to appear. Somehow her chest was hurting and now she was well aware that the strong smell of vampires were near.

“SIWON!” Bom yelled inside the forest.

“Don’t be dead. Don’t be dead. Don’t be dead.” Bom whimpered as she searched the forest.

“Bom…?”  Siwon croaked.

Bom cried when she saw Siwon on the ground.  What surprised her was that the vampires that mobbed him were all gone.

“Siwon I’m here. Don’t worry, I’ll fix your wounds,” Bom crie

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter