Regrets

It's Complicated
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

6 years ago

“Seunghyun is an embarrassment to our family! He’s a disgrace and can never ever be a hunter! Siwon…you on the other hand will be the next hunter in our family. You will make your daddy proud unlike the pathetic Seunghyun.” Seunghyun’s father voice thundered inside Seughyun’s room.

This eventually woke Seunghyun up from his peaceful nap. Seunghyun’s head was throbbing. Seunghyun could feel the air down his throat was dying to escape but a lump cemented itself and is not willing to move out of his throat. His bedroom appeared pixelated and fuzzy according to Seunghyun’s eyes. His eyes blinded his perfect vision of his dull room. Seunghyun’s red lips were shaped into a smile but he was not smiling. Seunghyun’s perfect eyesight returned as he gently rubbed his eyes. Seunghyun titled his head to see his father standing besides his bedroom door having a rather loud conversation with his brother, Siwon. Seunghyun buried his head inside his blankets hoping no one can realise that he was actually awake.

“But father Seunghyun doesn’t like being trapped inside his room all the time! Please let him join us in our trip to London!” Siwon begged his father.

“No, remember our trip to London isn’t like a holiday. It’s a vampire hunter camp and if I bring that moron along, it will bring our family to shame. Why do we need to bring a worthless child to the important trip?” Seunghyun’s father scolded Siwon.

“But he’ll be alone in the house for a week! Father, Seunghyun is a weak child he needs special attention and you are not giving him any!”

“Don’t you ever raise your voice again! Seunghyun is not alone , he has the maids in the house. You don’t understand how much a perfect family means to me. Having that Seunghyun is disgrace to our generations! It’s better to pretend that he never existed in the family!” Seunghyun’s father stormed off. Siwon stood by the door and was speechless. Seunghyun clutched onto his blankets close to his chest.

“Siwon am I a burden in the family?” Seunghyun muffled under the thick layers of the blankets.

“What? Seunghyun you heard everything?” Siwon asked while walked towards Seunghyun’s bed.

“Siwon, why can’t I be like you? You’re strong, popular, brave and everything I’m not. That’s why father favours you more…he never considered me to be a vampire hunter even though I’m the eldest.” Seunghyun sadly whispered.

“No father loves us equally.”

“That’s a lie! I’ve been stuck inside this house since forever…he never lets me go out or go to school with other kids. He never wanted a son like me….” Seunghyun quietly whispered.

“Seunghyun! No father is just stressed out with his hunter’s tasks! Seunghyun please don’t think negatively, it hurts to see my older brother sick but it hurts even more to see you sad.”

“Siwon...leave me alone.”

“Seunghyun… I’ll promise to buy you gifts when I go to London tomorrow.” Siwon whispered.

“I don’t care anymore Siwon. Go have fun in London while I’m stuck in Korea...for the rest of my life.” Seunghyun grumbled.

“Seunghyun…I’m sorry for being a horrible brother.” Siwon bowed even though Seunghyun was still trapped inside his bed sheets.

“Are you stupid Siwon? You have been the best brother who has always been by my side and helping me. Please leave me alone for now. I just want peace and quiet. “ Seunghyun mumbled.

Siwon sighed and walked away respecting his older brother’s command.

-----

“Bye Seunghyun!” Siwon waved to Seunghyun as Siwon placed his luggage onto the car.

Seunghyun looked out from his window and gave a small wave. He watched the car drove forward. Seunghyun sat on his bed and started to cough again. It was finally the time for freedom. Seunghyun has always been hidden from society and he felt that this is his opportunity to venture out. Seunghyun sneakily walked to Siwon room, in contrast to Seunghyun room, Siwon’s room was was nicely decorated and bright. Seunghyun snuck inside to steal his brother’s coat. Seunghyun immediately wore the coat with ease, since Seunghyun was only one year older than Siwon the size of the coat wasn’t a major issue. Seunghyun quickly dressed himself in Siwon’s expensive outdoor wear. Seunghyun tip toed down the stairs and his eyes widen to see the wooden door in front of him ready for to be opened.

Seunghyun stepped outside to see the sun glowing in the sky. To see the long grass that lightly brushed against Seunghyun’s jeans. The cold breeze tickled Seunghyun’s neck. It felt wonderful. Seunghyun tasted freedom. Seunghyun enjoyed the soft crunches of dead leaves as he walked. Seunghyun just ran like there was no tomorrow, he didn’t know where he was going but he didn’t care. However Seunghyun was a feeble child and running was not a good option to do. Suddenly Seunghyun’s body collapsed against the cold hard concrete floor. Seunghyun’s eyes were completely shut but he still plastered a wide grin across his pale face. Muffled voices interrupted Seunghyun’s rest on the ground. Seunghyun tasted something metallic on his lips. It was blood. Blood trickled down from his mouth.

“AHA! I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter