Nightmare

It's Complicated
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

They all stayed together in groups. Their webby black wings covered their furry bodies as their claws perched on the branches of the trees as they hide their crimson eyes. Suddenly all the bats hung upside down from the trees, blending in the with the trees’ gloomy skeletons.

Bom stood in the middle of the forest, surrounded by these mysterious black creatures. She didn’t know why she was there or how she just happened to be in a forest. Bom remained frozen. She didn’t know what to do but the sunset slowly disappeared; the shining bright rays were enclosing creating more space for the dark to overtake.

Bom could see the bright reflection of the sun slowly turning into a dark shadow. She was beyond petrified. She wanted to scream. But she couldn’t ,not when there was bats dominating. Bom slowly walked back, without any disruptions she made her way slowly out of the forest. She could see the light, but because of her excited state she accidently stepped on a stick.

CRACK

The sudden noise terrorised the forests. The bats one by one swarmed around her. With their sharp claws attacked her traumatised face, engraving scars along her cheeks and letting the blood drip down from her face.

 

Bom woke up from her bed. She blinked thrice in order to understand what happened. She stared into the tiles on her ceiling before she calmed her down. She jumped out from her pool of sweat as she rushed towards the bathroom.

Bom was panting heavily as she rubbed her distraught face inside her towel. These freakish nightmares haunted her. Why does she have these dreams? Last time she had a dream about vampires was when Seunghyun entered the school.

Bom stared at herself in the mirror.

“I’m not afraid. I’m not afraid of vampires…” She cried before she washed her face for the second time in the morning.

 

***

Bom stared at her schedule on her phone. She has nothing to do today. But she didn’t want to stay home alone, especially after the nightmare she had. Bom grab her denim jacket and wore her jeans before she visited her boyfriend.

 

“What’s wrong?” Siwon asked. Siwon poked his finger on Bom’s cheek. Bom suddenly looked up and realised she where she was. She was in Siwon’s house watching a movie him.

“Nothing.” Bom mumbled.

“Don’t lie to me. You’re not even paying attention to the movie and you love these action packed movies” Siwon responded.

“I had this scary dream…about bats.”

Siwon immediately turned off the television so he could listen to Bom attentively.

“Bats?” Siwon asked again.

“Not any ordinary bats…bats with red eyes…vampire bats…” Bom then explained her dream to Siwon.

Siwon sighed.

“Don’t worry too much about it Bom. It’s because you are born in a hunter’s family and part of the hunter’s lines. Let’s forget about your dream and continue the movie.’

Bom nodded. She trusted Siwon and decided to forget everything, she rested on Siwons couch as Siwon wrapped his arm around Bom. Bom stared at Siwon, he used to be her best friend but now they have become more. Bom tucked herself next to Siwon, her first boyfriend.

Halfway through the movie, Siwon’s phone began to interrupt their session.

“Hello, this is Siwon speaking.”

“Siwon! We’v

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter