Minki Oppa.

Krisyeol's Cutiepie. (HIATUS)

chapter thirty-one; minki oppa.

Hey guys this is CheeDragon~ I'm hoping you guys will enjoy this chapter and the ones that follow as we are nearing the end of this fic. ;A; Please continue to vote for us and we have a fan name now. You guys are Miracles~ *spins in a circle and throws confetti* So thank you to all the Miracles who voted for us already and thank you to all of you who comment also. We love you. Enjoy~

---

"You're turning too widely, Kitty." Chanyeol said softly. Minki had come back to the house because months ago Chanyeol had promised to teach Minki how to drive. It was put off many times before now and Chanyeol agreed because, to be honest he just missed spending time with his son.

 

 

Minki drove around in a complete circle through the empty parking lot and then went to turn again. This time the turn was too sharp and he came into it too fast. Chanyeol grasped his stomach. He was ready to pop any day now and seeing that Minki was a speed demon when it came to turns, he was beginning to regret it. He actually was fearing for Dasom's life, but he tried to keep a neutral face. He was here to encourage Minki, not shut him down like his father.

 

"Minki, that's… better, but you should slow down or the guy giving you the practical driving test will have a heart attack." Chanyeol smiled encouragingly.

 

Minki stopped the car and put it in park. He looked at his umma. All afternoon, Chanyeol had been gently directing him and softly encouraging him. Chanyeol was basically doing everything that he could to not raise his voice nor say something negative to Minki, and Minki noticed. It was driving him insanely really. It was like his umma was treading on eggshells around him and he didn't like it at all. He wanted things to go back to how they were… before he got pregnant with Dasom.

 

Minki looked at his mother, "Umma. You don't have to be so cautious around me. It's weird."

 

Chanyeol looked up from rubbing his stomach, "I'm not. I'm just—"

 

"Mom. Just stop it okay. I know what you're doing and it's not helping. So just act normal okay. Why are you even being like this?"

 

Chanyeol's lip quivered, he didn't want to cry but he was on the verge, "I just don't want you to run away anymore. We used to be so close and now we're so distant and I miss you. I miss my only son." Chanyeol could only keep it together for so long. He instantly broke into sobs after he finished speaking. 

 

Minki leaned over and hugged his umma. He wasn't sure of what to say exactly but he knew his umma needed a hug. It was true. They were the closest in the Wu household, but every since Chanyeol told them he was pregnant, that relationship went to shambles.

 

"I'm sorry that you're unhappy about the baby Minki, but I'm not sorry about the baby. If you were a mother, you'd understand." Chanyeol sniffled.

 

"Can we just not talk about her?" Minki sighed, removing his arms from Chanyeol and sitting back in his seat. 

 

"I just want to understand why you are so against this? I can't change anything about it."

 

"Umma, you won't understand."

 

"Try me. Please, just tell me something." 

 

Minki looked at his umma then took a deep breath, "Umma, you… I'm the youngest but me and Ren have grown up together. This new baby is like, a stranger. You expect me to just accept this stranger into my household and call her family? Family takes years to create and she not part of my family. She just showed up one day claiming my position as youngest and mixing up my family's strength and bonds. I don't like her. She just came into my family and started controlling things. Now, we're not the same and I hate that. She's ruined everything and she's not even here yet."

 

Minki was fuming mad. His face was turning red and teeth were gritted together. Chanyeol tried to take in all the information Minki had spilled to him and then he understood. Minki did have a point. Chanyeol and Kris had Ren and Minki so close together, they were only a year apart. Ren barely had any time to be an only child, not that she wanted to. Plus, Minki had been the baby of the family for 15 years. It was like his comfort home was now being ransacked by the new child in the family. 

 

Chanyeol understood now. All of Minki's whining and tantrums made sense. He was just being defensive because he was scared of the years of comfort and routine being snatched away, scrambled around and thrown back at him in shambles. Chanyeol would feel more than a little defensive if everything he loved was crumbling to pieces and being arranged into something that would never be the same.

 

He looked at Minki who was angrily using his laser vision to burn a hole in the ground outside the car. Chanyeol touched his shoulder and Minki slowly turned to face Chanyeol. Minki thought he would be met with anger but instead he was met with a smile. His face soften when Chanyeol spoke.

 

"I get it now."

 

Minki's lips retorted before he even had time to process his words, "Do you really, umma?"

 

Chanyeol just nodded, still with a smile on his face.

 

"You don't have to fight too hard, baby. This is something new for all of us. I guess we just all handle it differently. Stop fighting and help us--"

 

Chanyeol face twisted and he stifled a groan followed by heavy pants.

 

"Umma? Umma are you ok?" Minki asked in a panic.

 

Chanyeol groaned again and then looked up at Minki with watery eyes. 

 

"Minki," Chanyeol said calmly, "It's time."

 

Minki looked confused and Chanyeol laughed.

 

"You look just like your father with that face."

 

"Umma, it's time? Time for what?" Minki asked.

 

Chanyeol opened his legs to reveal the soaked denim of his black skinny jeans. His water had broken. Chanyeol groaned again followed by two harsh breaths.

 

"The baby! I-i-it's time for the baby!" Minki screamed.

 

"Yes, please. Relax and drive me to the hospital." 

 

"Mom, I can't do it. I don't know how to drive yet!" 

 

"Minki, you can do it. I know you can. You've been doing great all day. Your turns are the only thing that need some work."

 

"No, umma I need to call dad. I can't--"

 

"Stop saying that. Minki Wu. I know you can do this. Now please drive. The hospital's not that far and your dad's at Lay's house helping set up the nursery. I need you Kitty."

 

Minki was shaking a little. He didn't know what to do, but Chanyeol groaned again and he started the car. He didn't want anything bad to happen to his umma. He drove the car out of the parking and into the traffic as if he had been driving for years. Chanyeol smiled proudly at him and rubbed his stomach. 

 

"Hold on, Dasom. We'll be there in a little bit~" Chanyeol whispered.

 

Chanyeol looked to his son, whose knuckles were turning white with the death grip he had on the steering wheel. They were at a stoplight just 5 minutes away from the hospital. Minki looked tense and serious, just like his father. Chanyeol smiled and rubbed his thigh.

 

"Take it easy, Minki. You're doing great. We're almost there."

 

Minki didn't look any less tense but he gulped dryly and continued to focus on the road.

 

"Umma you should call appa."

 

Chanyeol searched for his phone. He was so proud of Minki that he forgot to tell Kris and Ren. He dialed his husband's number and rubbed Dasom. The contractions were getting closer together.

 

"Wei?"

 

"Hey babe."

 

"Hey~ Wassup. How's Minki doing with the driving?"

 

"He's doing great babe, you should see him right now! It's like he's been driving all his life. I don't even see what I have to teach him. He's a natural. How's everything going over there?"

 

"Umma~" Minki whined.

 

"Everything's good. The walls just finished drying and now we're just moving the things into the room."

 

"Umma~" Minki whined more urgently. Kris heard him over the phone.

 

"He's not giving you any trouble is he?"

 

"What Kitty?" Chanyeol asked rubbing his stomach with the phone to his ear.

 

"The baby?" Minki replied. 

 

Chanyeol perked up like he just remembered what he had called Kris for in the first place.

 

"Oh, yeah, that's right," Chanyeol said into the phone," He's not giving me any problems, he's just trying to remind me to tell you that the baby is coming."

 

"What!"

 

"The baby is coming~" Chanyeol cooed, grunting and rubbing his stomach again.

 

"Now?"

 

"Yeah, right, right now."

 

"What the hell Yeol that should've been the first thing you said! I'm on my way."

 

"Ok love you, see you soon~" Chanyeol hung up the phone and dialed Ren's number while Minki drove into the hospital's parking lot and looked for a parking space.

 

"Hello?"

 

"Rennie, what are you doing right now?" Chanyeol asked.

 

"Umma~" Minki whined again. Chanyeol was not at all panicked like he was at the moment.

 

"I'm at the mall, with Taemin and Minho oppa. They're trying to find me a boyfriend or something like that."

 

"Oooh, a boyfriend? How's that going?"

 

"Umma~ cut it out we gotta get inside." Minki said.

 

"It's not going at all really. What are you two doing? Are you and Kitty ok?"

 

Minki helped Chanyeol out of the car and walked him to the Emergency entrance. Chanyeol hissed a little and passed the phone to Minki who just put it in his pocket and went to find a nurse. 

 

"Hello, my mother's in labor right now I need your help." He said when he got to the front desk. The nurse behind the counter quickly brought out a wheelchair to set Chanyeol in.

 

"Thank you~" Chanyeol smiled when he finally sat down. 

 

"Please call Dr. Lee right now." Minki ordered. The nurses were pushing Chanyeol off to a delivery room but he started shouting.

 

"No, no, no! Get my son! I'm not going without my son! Stop pushing me! Minki! Minki! Help!" 

 

Minki ran to catch up with his umma and followed the nurses into the delivery room. They removed Chanyeol's pants and put a gown over him. The gown didn't fit though, because Chanyeol had gotten so big since the announcement of his pregnancy.

 

"I'm sorry sir, we don't have a gown to fit you." a nurse said.

 

Chanyeol waved it off, "It's okay. Just, whatever."

 

A nurse came by and handed Minki a gown to put over himself along with a hair cap. Minki quickly tossed the gown over his clothes and smoothed his hair into a ponytail before putting on the cap. Chanyeol on the other hand, didn't function that easily.

 

"I do not want that. Take it away. You're gonna ruin my hair! No, take that away. I'm having a baby. An alien is not exploding out of my freaking chest! This is not a science experiment. That is not necessary. Take it back, I refuse." Chanyeol complained to the nurse trying to put a hair cap on his head. She gave up and walked away when Dr. Lee entered.

 

"Ah~ Chanyeol. It's time for Dasom already?" Dr. Lee asked. 

 

Chanyeol nodded and rubbed his stomach, "I'm so ready to see her."

 

Minki let them continue with their pre delivery preparations and went into the hallway because his back pocket kept buzzing.

 

"Yeoboseyo?"

 

"What the Minki! Mom groans and then you two hang up on me!? I'm worried sick what's going on is he ok?"

 

"Mom's about to have the baby, noona. He's in the delivery room right now."

 

"And you're just now telling me? OH MY MINKI YOU I CAN'T EVEN RIGHT NOW. I'M ON MY WAY!" 

 

Ren hung up before Minki even got to get another word out. He was about to turn off the phone right before his appa came sprinting down the hallway.

 

"Minki," He said out of breath, "Thanks for taking care of your mom for me until I got here." He kissed his forehead, "Could you go wait for Ren to get here? You guys can come back into the room later. I got it now." 

 

Minki nodded. He was more than happy to get away from that scene. He didn't want to experience anything that was going on in that room at the moment. Plus, he was sure he would faint if he saw some blood. He shivered at the thought and walked into the hospital's lobby to wait for Ren.

 

~♥♡♥♡♥~

 

Kris ran into the room and was instantly stopped by nurses.

 

"Sir, you shouldn't—"

 

"Don't even start with me. This is not my first kid you know." Kris stated, towering over the nurses, "Now where's the uniform thingy at I have to help my wife."

 

They handed him a gown to protect his clothes and a cap to protect his hair. Then Kris went over to hold an oddly calm Chanyeol's hand.

 

"Yifannie, you made it~" Chanyeol smiled.

 

"So you thought I would miss this?" Kris asked.

 

"It's not me, but Dasom is trying to break lose. It wasn't me, blame Dasom."

 

Then a painful contraction washed over Chanyeol, but he didn't scream. He just clenched Kris's hand, took a deep breath and rubbed his stomach. 

 

"That's it Dasom. Come on out." Chanyeol said. 

 

Chanyeol's contractions were right on top of each other now. He couldn't even talk anymore. Kris did the talking for him. He just kept gritting his teeth with every contraction and smiling at Kris when each one ended.

 

"You're doing great babe. You're doing so great." Kris kissed the side of Chanyeol's head and brushed his hair off his forehead. Chanyeol nodded and smiled. Then released Kris's hand to lace his fingers into the spaces between Kris's fingers.

 

Kris kissed each one of his fingers and smiled, "Your hands are so beautiful. You must have gotten more beautiful since the last time I've seen you, Yeollie."

 

"Chanyeol, you are dilated enough," Dr. Lee said from between Chanyeol's legs, "When you next contract hits you can start pushing."

 

Dasom must of heard that because with the next contraction Chanyeol pushed until she was crowning. Kris checked on Dasom and squeezed Chanyeol's hand. He smiled widely and looked into Chanyeol's big eyes. 

 

"She's almost here Yeol. Come, you can do it just get her shoulders." Kris said.

 

Chanyeol pushed again harder this time and Dasom was halfway out. Chanyeol reached between his legs and pulled Dasom the rest of the way out and cradled her in his arms. Kris, Dr. Lee and the other nurses didn't know exactly what to make of the situation but began to clean Dasom off as her little cries broke out.

 

Chanyeol teared up and looked over her smushed red face as the nurses pat her down and Dr. Lee helped Kris cut the umbilical cord.

 

"She looks more like you right now than ever Yifan." Chanyeol said with a smirk.

 

Kris made a face, rolled his eyes then smiled, "You're very funny you know that?"

 

Chanyeol laughed as they cleaned him up and a nurse came to swaddle Dasom in a blanket. The nurse handed her back to Chanyeol and he hummed to calm, the screaming infant down.

 

"Wow~" Kris cooed, "Finally a daughter who's as pretty as me! I was beginning to think Yeollie had all the dominate traits."

 

"I do," Chanyeol replied, never taking his eyes off of Dasom who had quieted down and was whimpering, "I just gave you a chance to shine."

 

"And how'd you do that?"

 

"Magic." Chanyeol laughed.

 

"Are you Harry Potter?"

 

Chanyeol shook his head, "Nope. I'm Dumbledore."

 

Kris laughed, "I'm done with you." He snuggled closer to Chanyeol and waited for Dasom to open her eyes.

 

"Is she ever gonna open her eyes?" Kris asked.

 

"Shhh… give her some time babe, she looks like she's sleeping."

 

Dr. Lee came back and smiled, "Everything appears to be correct. Another successful delivery, and another healthy baby girl. Congratulations."

 

Kris and Chanyeol thanked her then she left them alone. 

 

"I just want to be one of the first people she sees." Kris said.

 

"And you will be babe. We'll have plenty of time. She just got here. Maybe you should go get the kids now?"

 

"I don't wanna miss it though." Kris whined.

 

"Don't worry Yifan she's sleep. I'm sure she won't wake up before you get back with the kids. Just go."

 

Kris stood up to go get the kids, "I'll be right back, Dasom, don't wake up without me."

 

 

~♥♡♥♡♥~

 

"I still don't believe you actually drove here."

 

"Well, I don't care if believe or not because I did," Minki stated indignantly. He folded his arms across his chest and looked near the ER. He knew his umma was ok but he still had never experienced something like this. Not that he remembers, and Ren was two inches from pissing him off like she usually does.

 

"You don't have to lie Minki."

 

"Stop talking to me."

 

"You mad?" Ren smiled.

 

Minki glared at her, "Do you ever shut up?"

 

"Whoa what did I walk into?" Minki turned his head to see 4 old people walk in. The tallest one peering down at a sitting Minki.

 

"Grampa Dan~" Ren screamed, she ran and jumped into his arms.

 

"Whoa take it easy slugger, these bones aren't as strong as they used to be." 

 

Minki stood up and greeted his grandparents properly. There was a slighty tall man with wide eyes and a big smile standing next to a short stout with soft curls covering her protruding ears woman. Those were Chanyeol's parents, Sungyeol and Yeonhee Park. Beside them were an average height frail looking woman with long dark hair and sharp features next to an exceptionally tall man with a great eye smile. These were Kris's parents, Danfang and Huahan Wu.

 

"Wow~ Minkitty you've grown up to be quiet a handsome young man, but your fashion choices I am not so sure of…" said Yeonhee halmeoni.

 

Minki looked confused and Ren laughed. Grandma Wu pointed to his head. Minki had removed the gown but he had forgotten to take off the hair cap also. 

 

"Halmoni~ It's a nurse thing." Minki whined.

 

"Well, has your mom had the baby yet?" Sungyeol harbuji asked.

 

"We don't know yet," Ren replied, "He was already gone when I got here."

 

"Well who was here first?" Grandma Wu asked.

 

"I was. I drove umma here and then dad came in like 10 minutes later." Minki said.

 

"You're driving now?" Sungyeol harbuji asked.

 

"You guys are looking so surprised like I don't know how to do anything." Minki pouted.

 

"Oh you big baby." Ren sighed.

 

"Guys don't doubt my little sunflower, he's talented beyond your wildest dreams!" Grandma Wu said, pulling Minki into a side hug.

 

"I'm surprised you have time to even drive around with you and the other boy's career blooming and school coming up again." said Yeonhee halmeoni.

 

"Yeah that, and your little boyfriend, what was his name again," Grampa Wu smirked slyly, "Aw, yeah, Minhyun? Tao's son?"

 

Minki tensed in Grandma Wu's arms. The last thing he wanted to do was talk about his boyfriend with his grandparents. He had enough of that with his own parents. 

 

"Are you learning how to drive because of him?" Grandma Wu asked.

 

"No~" Minki shook his head furiously. He really wasn't he just wanted to drive for himself. Before he convince them any different, Kris ran out of the ER.

 

"Oh, you guys are all together?" Kris hugged his parents and greeted his in-laws.

 

"Is the baby here yet dad?" Ren asked

 

"Is my baby ok?" Yeonhee halmeoni asked.

 

"Did the pregnancy go well?" Grandma Wu asked.

 

"When can I see my grand baby?" Grampa Wu asked.

 

"Which room is Chanyeol in?" Sungyeol harbuji asked.

 

"So many questions, just follow me," Kris said and lead the way to Chanyeol's room.

 

 

~♥♡♥♡♥~

 

"Oh my god~" 

 

Grandma Wu and Yeonhee halmeoni were hovered over Dasom. 

 

"She's so precious, look at her cheeks." 

 

Chanyeol was holding Dasom, while the baby was fussed over by her grandmothers.

 

"Congratulations son," Sungyeol harbuji said, "Congratulations to the both of you."

 

"Three kids, Yeol? You're stronger than me." Grandma Wu smile and poked her finger into Dasom's tiny pink hands.

 

Three generations of family were in the room right now and the room never felt so warm. Chanyeol didn't even feel that exhausted. He just felt the strong urge to take a shower and a strong craving for mango pocky. Other than that he couldn't be happier. Dasom still hadn't opened her eyes but Chanyeol believed she was waiting for the right moment.

 

"Look at her. She's soooo tiny." Grampa Wu said.

 

"That's weird because Yeollie was a fat little baozi during the whole pregnancy." 

 

Everyone looked around to see a slim woman with dark brown hair standing beside the bed. It was Chanyeol's noona, Hwaren.

 

"Oh my stars!" Yeonhee halmeoni says, "My daughter and my son both in the same room? How long has it been!?"

 

"Embarrassingly too long, I'll admit, " Hwaren walked up to her brother, "I can't believe you've had 3 kids before I could even have one I hate you so much you Porkie." She smiled.

 

"Cut it out," Chanyeol whined, batting her hand out of the way and laughing too.

 

The grandparents made a little room for her but Ren maintained her position.

 

"I missed you." Chanyeol said looking up at his sister. Hwaren was leaning down and rubbing her cheek against Dasom's tiny fist.

 

"I missed you too, Wilbur." She said kissing Chanyeol's nose, "Nice hair."

 

"Are you being sarcastic?" Chanyeol asked defensively. He hadn't seen a mirror and hadn't even been worried about the fact until Hwaren arrived.

 

"No numbnuts, geesh. I'm being serious. Nice hair you look fabulous even though you just finished giving birth to this precious little angel." She rubbed the side of Dasom's blanket.

 

Chanyeol smiled, "Thank you Hwaren."

 

"No problem. You're allowed at least one compliment among all the torture little brother."

 

"No, thank you for coming here. I really appreciate it."

 

Hwaren smiled and bit her lip, "Omg dad save me, he's being mushy again ewww~" She pretended to throw up and Kris laughed. 

 

Ren pressed her face against Dasom's cheeks then ran her fingers through her dark brown hair.

 

"She is soooo pretty. You know she really looks like a girl version of Minki. It's like when he had his dark hair." Ren laughed. 

 

Minki on the other hand didn't. Everybody was gathered around his umma and the baby and they were cooing and just completely forgetting that Minki was even there. He knew something like this would happen and it didn't make him mad. He was just disappointed that it was true. He leaned against the wall staring at the old people take their turns kissing the baby and congratulating his parents. Minki shrugged and pulled out his phone to text Minhyun. 

 

 

To: Minhyunnie~

Sent: 5:56 pm  

 

the baby's here.

 

 

Not long after Minki text those 3 words he got a call. Minki stepped out into the hallway and picked up.

 

"How do you feel?" Minhyun smooth voice asked.

 

"The same. It's just disappointing that it's happening just like I thought it would."

 

"How does your mom feel?"

 

"He looks so happy and peaceful. Like she's been in the family for years."

 

"How does that make you feel?"

 

"I… I kind of don't mind it. I want umma to be happy. Even if he doesn't love me anymore."

 

"Don't say that, love."

 

"Minhyunnie it's—"

 

"No seriously, don't be like. Chanyeol umma loves you. You've had to share his love all your life. With Kris appa and Ren noona and now you just have one more person to share with. Don't be stingy. You've had to share all you life, love. This is nothing new."

 

Minki took a second before he sighed realizing Minhyun was right… again.

 

"You're right." Minki said reluctantly, "God, I hate it when you're right."

 

"You must hate me all the time then." Minhyun laughed.

 

"You're right about that too!" Minki laughed.

 

"Whatever. Get back to your mom. Love me?"

 

"Love you."

 

Minki hung up the phone and inched back into the room. 

 

"Minki?" Chanyeol called as soon as he stepped back into the door. 

 

Minki looked up, wondering why everybody was staring at him at the moment.

 

"Ne?"

 

"I want you to come greet your sister. I was worried when I didn't see you." Chanyeol voiced.

 

Minki walked warily over to his umma's side. Kris's eyes were baring down on Minki. Not in an intimidating way but in a way that showed he was waiting for a reaction from Minki.

 

Once Minki was close enough, he looked at the tiny figure in Chanyeol's arms. She was very pretty and she looked like she was sleeping. Minki had no idea what all the fuss was about. She was like a doll. She barely even moved but nonetheless, he bowed and introduced himself formally to the infant.

 

"Annyeonghasseyo. Wu Minki imnida. Nan oppa."

 

Minki stood back up from the bow and heard Chanyeol gasp. He looked up to be met with two half-lidded light brown eyes. 

 

"Omg she just opened her eyes!" Chanyeol said. Dasom blinked but never took her eyes off of her blond haired brother in front of her. Minki didn't know what to so he backed up away from her bumping into a table and knocking a tray off it. They noise startled Dasom but she just flinched and smiled a toothless baby smile while keeping her eyes on Minki. He apologized to everyone then watched where he was going and made his way back to the wall. 

 

When he got out of Dasom's sight she began to whine and squirm around until her tiny voice was shrilly cutting through the air.

 

"Oh great as soon as she opens her eyes, Minki makes her cry." Ren groaned.

 

"I didn't do anything!" Minki shouted back at her.

 

Dasom quieted down and listened. Hwaren looked at Kris and then to her father.

 

"I think, Dasom, wants… Minki." She said.

 

"Minki, come back over here. See if it works. You're the one who opened her eyes come calm her down." Kris asked.

 

"Dad, I don't want to really be around her," Minki said, walking back to Chanyeol's side.

 

As soon as Minki returned into Dasom's eyesight she smiled a tiny eye smile. 

 

"Aww~" Chanyeol cooed, "she looks just like you Yifan."

 

Minki didn't want to admit it, but Dasom was weirdly becoming more interesting. He held out his hand cautiously and Dasom instantly wrapped her fingers around one of his.

 

"Well isn't this a plot twist." Ren said, "The one who dislikes Dasom the most is the one she likes to most."

 

Minki didn't want anyone to see but a small smile tucked itself in the corner of his mouth. It was oddly satisfying to see the root of all his misfortunes, smile so genuinely when he held out his hand.