Hormones

Krisyeol's Cutiepie. (HIATUS)

chapter ten; hormones.

Chanyeol was virtually floating around the apartment today. His baby glow surrounded him like a halo and Kris just sat back enjoying it all. It was obvious that Chanyeol was in good mood today, and you could definitely tell he was still riding on the coattails of being engaged. Kris smiled seeing Chanyeol slowly waddling back and forth on the phone with Luhan in his peripheral vision. Then he leaned on his hand and nodded off.

"​Really? He said that?!"

"Yeah, I was so touched. I couldn't even breathe, Rennie was going crazy. Ugh, it was so perfect."

"​Well congratulations~" Luhan sang.

"Thank you. I'm so happy!"

"​As you should be. So, when's the wedding?"

Chanyeol's face blanked. He hadn't even thought about the wedding; he was so happy with just being engaged. Chanyeol was worried. He slowly plopped down on the couch, now realizing how swollen his feet were again.

"I didn't even think about that." He said honestly; with slight panic in his voice. Ren squirmed around inside him, and he just rubbed his stomach absentmindedly. Kris had woken up slightly when Chanyeol plopped on the couch and he slowly slid his hand over to lace his fingers with Chanyeol's. Pretty soon, he was back to sleep again. Luhan noticed Chanyeol's silence and got worried.

"Don't worry, Channie~ You have to at least wait until Ren is born to have a wedding. You have plenty of time. Don't worry, please~" 

He nodded, but Luhan couldn't see him.

"Channie? You there?"

"Oh, ne. I was just... thinking. But hey, Luhan, I'll talk to you later okay? I gotta get some food for Rennie~" He looked down at his stomach and at his hand still holding Kris's hand.

"Oh okay then. Well, Channie?"

"Yeah?"

"Don't worry, okay?"

"I understand. Bye bye." 

They hung up, and Chanyeol sighed. He lifted his shirt and looked at Ren. Ren was pushing her arms around as if she was trying to escape. 

"Aigoo~ Rennie, why are you moving so much? Are you trying to escape?" He smiled, "Please stay in there Ren; you've only got one more month to go." Chanyeol stood up and walked to cook something in the kitchen, "You must've heard me mention food huh, Rennie? What would you like to eat?" Chanyeol went to the cabinets and searched for something to eat. He didn't really feel like cooking but he saw a ramen bowl. He decided he would let Ren decide. 

"Hey Rennie~ umma's gonna get some food for you. Would you like some ramen?" Chanyeol held the ramen bowl to his stomach, "Or would you like some Pocky?" Ren started moving around a lot, but Chanyeol couldn't tell which of the choices she wanted.

"POCKY IT IS!" He smiled to himself in the kitchen. 

Chanyeol strolled out the kitchen eating Pocky, but still feeling hungry. He saw Kris sleeping on the couch and snuggled up to him. 

"Kris, I'm hungry~" Chanyeol pouted. Kris just brushed him off.

"Go make something to eat then." He said half-sleep. Chanyeol hit his shoulder snapping him out of his slumber. "Mwoya~What was that for?" Kris yelled.  

"Why are you always sleeping? Get up and do something for once!" Chanyeol shouted. Kris rubbed his eyes cutely and scooted away from Chanyeol. He didn't know what had gotten into Chanyeol, but he sure was intimidating. Then, Chanyeol struck him again. 

"Get up, Yifan! Stop being so lazy! This is our baby, you know. Not just mine. I'm tired of watching you sit around everyday. What is so hard for you? What is so tiring, huh?" Chanyeol tried to stand up, while holding his humongus tummy. Ren was overly anxious and doing flips in his stomach. "Don't worry, Ren, I'll get you more Pocky since I'm the only one who does anything in this house." Chanyeol marched to the kitchen and left Kris sitting there dumbfounded. Just a hour ago Chanyeol was a giddy, bubbly mess of happiness, now he had met the dark side. Kris rubbed his arm and walked to the kitchen to peek in on Chanyeol.

"It's okay, Rennie~ Calm down. Umma's here. With Pocky!" He smiled and pat his stomach. Ren still wasn't calm, and Kris could see it on Chanyeol's face. He twitched a little, and often winced in pain. Kris wanted to walk in and talk to his daughter ; but he also didn't want to get hit by Chanyeol again. Chanyeol was getting too big and becoming a major force to deal with. Kris would be lying if he said he didn't feel uncomfortable. He sighed leaning against the wall and thought about what he did to make Chanyeol so mad, then he heard sniffling. Chanyeol was crying.

"Why am I like this?" Chanyeol asked more to himself than to Ren. He put his hands to his face and his shoulders started to shake. He reached for Ren's sonogram that they had hung up on the refrigerator. Then he started crying again. "Rennie~ you look just like your umma. You are so beautiful and you will be even more beautiful when you arrive but," Chanyeol sniffled loudly and then sighed, "Please don't end up with your umma's attitude." His shoulders started shaking again and he hugged his stomach, sobbing. "Please don't be moody like your umma Rennie~ It's not good for you." He looked back at the sonogram, "I want what's best for you, I hope I haven't created a monster."

Kris was still watching from the door debating on whether he should enter or not. It pained him to see Chanyeol in such a state but, he didn't want to make matters worse by interrupting his mother-daughter moment. He felt bad himself. He stepped into the kitchen and Chanyeol looked up with puffy eyes. 

"Yifannie, please don't leave me." He sobbed, "I'm sorry." Kris rushed over and wrapped his arms around Chanyeol patting his back soothingly.

"There there, Channie. You know I won't ever do that." He gently grabbed Chanyeol's chin and tilted his head to face his own,"Just look at your hand." Chanyeol looked down at the ring on his finger then back up at Kris. "That means, I'm not going anywhere. Please don't forget that." Then he gently kissed lips and wiped the tears away with his thumbs. "It's gonna be alright, okay?" Chanyeol nodded and leaned more into Kris's arms.

Once Chanyeol had calmed down Kris helped him to the bathroom telling him to wash is face, while he made a call to Sehun.

"Yeoboseyo?"

"Ne, Sehun-ah, I have quick question..." Kris ruffled his hair.

"About what?" Sehun asked, Kris could hear his kids playing in the background.

"About Chanyeol and mood swings."

"Ah, you're at that point again?" Chanyeol had finished washing his face and peeked his head out the bathroom door listening to Kris's conversation.

"Yes! And it's driving me crazy. I don't know what to. This time it's major. I feel like... like I gotta get away." Kris sighed. 

"You can't get away. You just gotta deal with it." Sehun laughed.

"Give me a break please. Chanyeol's borderline insane today. I need you, man. Help me out." Kris pleaded. Chanyeol shut the bathroom door feeling a mild rage arise. "You need him? Aren't I enough!" Chanyeol harshly whispered behind the closed door. 

"Well, just keep calm and... ummm... try a foot massage."

"A foot massage, Sehun are you sure that'll wor--" Kris was cut off by a slam of the bathroom door and Chanyeol came out with him arms folded. His eyes were less puffy but they were dark. He wasn't happy.

"If you need him so much, why don't you go stay with him." Chanyeol said smugly.

"Uh oh~" Sehun gasped.

"I'll call you back Sehun." Kris ended the call. 

"Oh no, don't stop on my account," Chanyeol held up his hands, "Please continue."

Kris approached Chanyeol and tried to meet his eyes. Chanyeol kept looking away and then winced. "Just go be with your precious Sehun. Since he's obviously more fun to be around than me."

"Channie~ Stop this." Kris whined. He felt that he had been put through a lot today and wanted Chanyeol to get back to his happier side.

"I guess since I'm pregnant it's a burden to be around me, huh?" Chanyeol snapped.

"Channie, I love you. Don't be like this."

"Hmph!" Chanyeol turned his back to Kris. Ren had started throwing a tantrum in Chanyeol's stomach but he was doing everything to try and pretend it didn't hurt. Kris didn't fall for it. He grabbed Chanyeol's stomach and shushed Ren, "Easy, baby girl~ It's okay. Calm down for appa. You're hurting umma."

"I'm fine." Chanyeol said through gritted teeth, then he let out an ear shattering scream. Kris was genuinely shocked and grabbed Chanyeol around his waist. 

"We should get you too the doctor, this is too much."

"I'm fine," Chanyeol panted, "Just leave me alone." His breathing hitched. Kris could seen the pain all on his face. Chanyeol pat his stomach while panting hard,"Calm down baby, please. Please be still for a moment. It's okay, Rennie~ Please calm down." He couldn't let Chanyeol's stubbornness eventually harm the baby. He practically picked Chanyeol up and rushed him to the hospital.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chanyeol was screaming in pain every couple of minutes on the way to the hospital and it finally died down when they actually arrived on the scene. Kris demanded that they meet with Dr. Paek immediately, with his intimidating features. He was terrified that something was wrong with his baby and Chanyeol was breathing rather hard and pretty red in the face. Kris had to make sure both of his babies where okay and he was soon ushered by a team of terrified nurses to a room to wait for Dr. Paek in. 

"Well, besides an increase in hormones, you are perfectly fine, Park Chanyeol." Chanyeol was sitting on a bed calmer and breathing normally. 

"You should probably get used to calling me Wu Chanyeol now, Dr. Paek." Chanyeol said, holding up his left hand. Kris smiled and kissed Chanyeol's tummy.

"Ah~ I see. Well congratulations." They nodded, then he continued talking, "You are fine and so is your baby, Chanyeol. She was probably just a bit, over excited. Labor pains, you know. They come and go. Especially around this time in the pregnancy." Kris breathed a sigh of relief. He had thought Chanyeol was about to go into labor early.

"Well, what about the way he was acting earlier?" Kris whispered, not wanting to bring on anymore mood swings from Chanyeol.

"That's perfectly normal as well. Everything is completely fine. Your daughter is healthy and so if your wife." Kris's eyebrows were still furrowed. He was still worried. Chanyeol just grasped his hand and smiled. "Thanks for worrying about us."

"I always worry about you. Even before you were pregnant. I love both of you. I'll always worry. It's a given." Kris scratched the back of his head with his free hand. Chanyeol squeezed his hand again.

"Well, thanks for putting up with me." He smiled.

"Whatever it takes, baby. I love you" He quickly kissed Chanyeol then leaned down and kissed his stomach, "and I love you too Ren."