Small Changes.

Krisyeol's Cutiepie. (HIATUS)

chapter twenty-six; small changes.

 

Chanyeol and Kris were sitting in the kitchen. It was May, and they were waiting for Ren and Minki to get home. Kris was resting his head on his hand, watching Chanyeol devour a pack of  mango Pocky. In Chanyeol's other hand was a Capri Sun and, in front of him sat small pack of powered donuts half eaten. Recently, Chanyeol had been eating more and more and it was beginning to show. Kris didn't say it, but Chanyeol was gaining a lot of weight and it wasn't just because he was pregnant. Kris wiped the side of his face.

"Slow down Yeollie, you're gonna get indigestion," Kris said.

"I'm just, nervous."

"Waeyo?"

"Because... I don't know if they'll like having another sibling in their house. I mean, they were born so close together. They grew up together, but now... now I'm adding a new member to the family and I'm just now telling them. I mean, I'm five months already, and they couldn't tell. They must be denying the truth."

"Babe, I think they really don't know, and I understand your problem, but I'm sure they'll be happy for you, just like I am."

Chanyeol stuffed a donut into his mouth, "You really think so?" He asked with his mouth full.

Kris smiled, "If they don't.. I'll just," Kris made his hand flat, and karate chopped the air, "them right in their throat."

"YIFAN!" Chanyeol laughed. Kris heard the front door open and click shut. Their kids were finally home.

"Come on, Yeollie. We should probably tell them now."

Chanyeol reluctantly got up with a sigh and walked out of the kitchen to see Ren skipping into her room with a couple of shopping bags and a very tired Minki slithering into his own room. 

"Yah, kids, get in here! We have something to tell you." Kris called. Ren dropped her bags off and plopped down on the couch while Minki practically walked backwards and fell onto the armchair.

Kris went behind Chanyeol and put his arms around his widening waistline. Chanyeol nervously finished off his Capri Sun and looked anxiously at his children.

"Are we moving or something?" Ren asked, while texting.

"Will you let your mom talk?" Kris said sternly.

"Ne, appa." Ren turned her full attention to her parents, while Minki just lazily opened on of his eyes and peered sideways at them.

"Well, um..." Chanyeol began, "I want to first say that I love you guys very much, and this is a very big deal to me."

"Oh my god, umma you're not sick, are you?" Ren clasped her hands to the side of her face in shock. Minki closed his eyes and sighed.

"No no no, I'm not sick." Chanyeol replied, "I'm just--"

"We're pregnant." Kris stated.

Ren's eyes widened, and Minki popped his eyes open and sat up on the armchair. Kris pulled up Chanyeol's shirt to emphasize his point. He rubbed Chanyeol's 5 month pregnant baby bump and smiled up at his children.

"Are you serious!?" Ren exclaimed; rushing over to rub her mother's stomach, "I thought you were to old to reproduce." Chanyeol smacked her on the head.

"Yah! Tokki, I am not  old!" Chanyeol replied.

"I thought you were just getting fat." Minki stated.

Chanyeol's eyes widened, "Yah! I am not fat. How dare you call me fat. I raised you! What is wrong with you? Is it because you're stick thin, you beanpole?! Everyone can't be as small as you, Minki. Don't call me fat, boy you wish you could look this good and be 5 months pregnant!"

"F-five months?" Ren asked in disbelief, "Why are we just know finding this out then?" She shook her head. Minki shook his head also

"You guys never tell us anything! " Minki shouted and turned to run into his room.

"Kitty~ I'm sorry, don't be mad." Chanyeol ran after him just to have the door slammed shut in his face. 

Ren looked at her umma and then back to her appa and then cocked a brow, "Seriously, dad. The men in this house... are beyond weird."

Kris walked over and put his arm around his daughter's shoulder.

"Maybe we should go get some take out, and let them figure this out?"

"Ooh, can we get Chinese?" Ren asked as she bounced out the door with her father's hand  in hand.

~~~

Minki was in his room staring at the ceiling while laying on his bed. It was obvious that his umma being pregnant again was a shock. He wasn't sure how to take it but it stressed him out greatly. Minki heard his umma knock on his door. 

"Ne~?" Minki answered dully.

"Can we talk?" Chanyeol called from behind the door.

Minki stayed quiet. In all honesty, there was only one person he wanted to talk to right now.

"Minki~ please can I come in?" 

"Eomeoni, not right now please."

Chanyeol sighed and went back to the kitchen to get more another Capri Sun.

Minki grabbed his phone and quickly dialed a number that he had etched into his mind.

"Yeoboseyo?" A tired voice groaned on the  other line.

"Minhyun, are you busy?"

"No, not at all, love. I was just laying down. Why? What's up? What's wrong?"

"Why does something have to be wrong? I can't call you just to hear your voice?"

Minhyun paused.

"Don't even try that, love."

Sometimes it annoyed Minki that Minhyun knew him so well, but they had been together since they were three years old. It only made sense they he could read Minki's mind by now.

"I just wanted to hear your voice." Minki replied. 

"Shut up. What's wrong?"  Minhyun asked groggily.

Minki shuffled around on his bed to get more comfortable and picked at his nails. He took a deep breath then told Minhyun was was going on.

"Umma told me he was pregnant today."

"Wow~ congratulations."

"Yeah, but... I don't know if I'm as happy..."

"And why wouldn't you be happy for your umma? If he's happy you should be too."

"But, I'm like the youngest and I thought I would be the last one born in this family but now umma tells me he's pregnant and I really don't know what to do with that Minhyun I'm shocked. I don't want another kid in the house. I'm the baby of the house."

"You're being selfish. Think about how your mom must feel. He has to tell you and Ren and everybody that after 15 years, he's having another child. Don't you think that's a lot of pressure on him?"

"It must be pressure but don't you think it's gross to think of your parents... you know do--"

"I don't want to think about that." Minhyun replied flatly, earning a laugh from Minki.

"You're saying I'm wrong?" Minki asked suddenly serious. He didn't want to hurt his umma's feelings but having another baby right now seems more than a little weird. I mean just a few months ago he was questioning his birth and now he got to see on his own how this thing worked. It was weird. Minki had his arms wrapped around his knees and the phone glued to his ear. Minki was sure that if anybody knew what to say it was Minhyun.

"I'm not saying you're wrong to feel what you're feeling, but just give Chanyeol umma a chance to explain, love."

Minki smiled. Minhyun always knew what to say to make him feel better. 

"Well, this is why I love you." Minki squinted his eyes and made kissing sounds into the receiver of the phone.

"Ew, gross." Ren said as she stared through the doorway to Minki's room. 

Minki flushed a little then faced her, "Noona get out~" He whined. Minki heard Minhyun laughing on the other line. Ren just kept laughing.

"Aigoo~ you guys are so cute," She cooed from the door, twisting her fist against her cheek.

"Why are you even here!"

"Shut up~ Big baby... It's time to eat. Hurry up. Ppali ppali~"

"Ok, I'm coming."

"Tell your cute little boyfriend you'll call him back." 

More laughing on Minhyun's line. 

"Noona~" Minki whined as Ren left and closed the door. Minki focused his attention back to the phone.

"Sorry about that."

"You guys are cute."

"Be lucky you don't have any siblings, umma's boy. It's not cute. She's annoying."

"I love my umma, don't bring him into this. He's my bestfriend."

"If Tao umma's your bestfriend then what am I?" Minki whined.

"You're the love of my life, Minki." Minhyun replied simply. Minki blushed. It was a good think Minhyun couldn't see him right now.

Ren came to bang on the door, "HURRY THE HELL UP YOU SKINNY LITTLE TROLL!"

"Aish! I said I'm coming!" Minki shouted while ruffling his hair.

"You better go."

"Yeah, they're getting impatient."

"Love me?"

"Love you." 

Minki hung up the phone and met Ren at the door. She was about to bang on for a second time. Minki nonchalantly pushed her aside and proceeded to the dinner table like nothing was bothering him. He plopped down at the table and Chanyeol passed him a bowl of noodles.

"So, I didn't get a chance to tell you what we're having." Chanyeol said anxiously. He was stirring the black bean sauce around his noodles with his chopsticks. Minki just continued to eat, while Ren was focused 100% on her umma.

"Well, what is?" Ren inquired.

"It's a girl." Chanyeol replied happily, grasping Kris's hand in his own on the table. Ren's eyes went wide. She was finally getting to have a sister of her own. Minki on the other hand completely deadpanned. 

"You hid a baby girl from me for 5 months! No fair!" Ren pouted and Kris smiled. Chanyeol rubbed his stomach but kept peeking anxiously at his son.

"I didn't think you'd react well." Chanyeol said.

"Well, I'm dealing with it fine. Hey umma what are you gonna name her?"

"Dasom.

Kris smiled, he was the one who came up with the name Dasom.

"Dasom? Wu Dasom? Awww cute. She's gonna be so cute when she gets here. I bet she's gonna look me," Ren cooed. She was personally ecstatic for Chanyeol the same couldn't be said for Minki.

Chanyeol looked at Minki who was staring blankly at the table. 

"Are you okay Minki?" Kris asked.

"I'm fine... I'm just a little... tired. Lately, NU'EST has been working hard. I just want to get some sleep. May I be excused?"

Kris didn't want to let him leave but Chanyeol answered before Kris could. So Minki got up and left for his room. Chanyeol pulled out some ultrasound images for Ren to look at. Kris grabbed Chanyeol's arm and pulled him closer to himself. They leaned in to whispered to each other while Happy Virus Ren fangirled over the ultrasound pictures.

"Babe, I think Minki's jealous."

"Gee, did you come up with that all by yourself Sherlock?" Chanyeol replied flatly. 

Kris made a face, "No need to be a smartass, I'm just saying."

"I don't know what to do with him"

"I'm sure he'll come around."

"I want to talk to him right now." Chanyeol said standing up and walking to Minki's room.

Chanyeol held up his hand and knocked on the door but the door wasn't closed all the way.

Chanyeol walked in to find Minki already laying comfortably in his bed. All the lights were off, but it was still early. There should be no way that a teenage boy should have been sleeping at this time of day, during the summer. With that said, if he was tired he was tired. Minki and the other boys had been working hard with their performances. Chanyeol leaned in to tuck Minki in and Minki pulled away from him. 

Chanyeol frowned. His son was giving him the cold shoulder, this was exactly why he had postponed telling his children he was pregnant for so long.

"Minkitty~" Chanyeol sided.

"Ne, umma?" Minki replied monotonously.

"Why are you being so distant with me?" Chanyeol sniffled. His eyes were starting to water. Chanyeol felt like the bad guy and that his son didn't want him anymore. Minki turned his head to see his umma crying. Seeing his umma cried pained him a lot because out of the whole family, he was closest to his mom. He didn't want bad blood so he sat up to face his umma.

"Please don't cry, eomeoni..." Minki wiped the tears from Chanyeol, cheeks with his thumbs.

"I don't want you to hate me, Minki. That's the last I want."

"Umma," Minki sighed, "I don't hate you. I'm just not... sure about this. I mean nothing like this has ever happened to me. I just don't know what to do right now this is new to me."

"I understand. I'll try my best to help you understand. Just please don't hate us." Chanyeol rubbed his stomach when he said us. Minki caught that and looked down and put his hand over his mom's. 

"I won't hate you guys, umma." 

Chanyeol, smiled with a small tear falling from his eye. Just then Dasom kicked, Minki's hand. Minki gasped and removed his hand holding it to his chest as if a shark had just tried to nibble off one of his fingers. Chanyeol looked just as surprised at Minki's reaction. He was still just a naive boy. He was still Chanyeol's little boy and that made him giggle. 

"What's so funny?" Minki asked.

"Oh nothing you just... your face. You look like a puppy who just got a bucket of cold water tossed on to him." Chanyeol laughed pointing at his face. Minki joined in on the laugh as he picture what exactly that wet dog would look like. 

"Umma..."

Chanyeol hummed, while rubbing his stomach where Dasom was not kicking.

"I'm sorry for how I was acting earlier. I really love you guys."

"We love you too, Kitty." Chanyeol placed a kiss to his cheek, "Now, I'll let you sleep."

Chanyeol stood up to leave but this time Minki let him tuck him in.