Umma's Girl

Krisyeol's Cutiepie. (HIATUS)

chapter thirteen; umma's girl.

Ren had just entered the world a week ago, and her parents couldn't get enough of her.  Kris and Chanyeol were sitting on the bed with Ren propped up on the pillows in front of them. Ren was just hugging the arm of the Rilakkuma bear that Chen had bought her. She had little pink booties on her feet and a little pink hat on her head. Chanyeol and Kris were just laying on their hands staring at her as she tried to fit her small fist into .

"She looks so much like you, it's amazing~"

"Yeah, she so pretty," Chanyeol reached out his finger, and Ren grabbed it with her hand. Chanyeol squealed then quickly, but gently picked Ren up. "Wow~ You're so strong Rennie~" He spun her around and then put his face to her face, noses touching. 

"Don't spin her around too much; she might get sick." Kris warned.

"She'll be okay! Isn't that right,Ren?" Chanyeol rubbed his nose to hers, and she cutely sneezed.

"Aww~" Kris and Chanyeol said in unison. Kris grabbed her from Chanyeol's arms and hugged her. She just silently stared at him with huge eyes, blinking and still trying to get her fist into . He just stared right back at her. Kris was at a loss for words. His first child was here finally and he enjoyed every minute of it. He was a bit disappointed that she looked ​nothing​ like him but that just meant she was as pretty as his mother. He could live with that. Ren's eyes were exactly like her mother's; and Kris started laughing startling Ren a bit.

"Yifan, what are you doing? You've scared Ren." Chanyeol took her back from him, and put her to his chest; where she snuggled up and closed her eyes.

"I didn't mean to, she was just... it was just, that she has your everything. Down to your wide-eye confused face." He continued laughing. 

Chanyeol looked confused.

"You see," Kris said in between laughs, "That face right there."

"Please just shut up." Chanyeol said as he walked out the bedroom into Ren's nursery. 

Ren had closed her eyes, so Chanyeol only assumed she was sleeping. He kissed her forehead and then placed her in her crib, then he tiptoed out the door.

Kris wrapped his arms around Chanyeol's waist as he came out the nursery. Chanyeol smiled and turned around, being pulled in closer by Kris.

"What?" He asked. Kris was just staring at him smiling with the look he typically gave to Ren.  A look of pure love.

"You're doing a good job." Kris leaned in to kiss Chanyeol.

"Thank you."  Kris tried to get a little more from the kiss but Chanyeol pulled back. "Krees~"

Kris didn't stop.

"Yifan, cut it out. I have to clean the house."

"Do it later."

"I'd rather do it now."

Kris still didn't stop and Chanyeol was losing the power to resist him, so he pushed him away completely.

"It's been a week, I have to clean the house. We have to keep Ren healthy. A dirty house is not good for a baby." Chanyeol said as he walked backwards into the kitchen. Kris shoved his hands into his pockets and strolled into the kitchen after Chanyeol just to be bombarded with garbage bags. 

"Take out the trash. I'll start in the kitchen." 

Kris walked away with a garbage bag in each hand while Chanyeol swept the kitchen.

"And don't forget to sort the recyclables." Chanyeol reminded.

When Kris got back into the house, Chanyeol was walking back and forth with Ren bouncing in his arms. He was singing the Three Bears Song as Ren's tiny mouth twitched into a smiled. She loved it. Ren made noise at the end of every line as if she was trying to sing with him. Chanyeol's deep voice singing such a cute song made him almost laugh out loud. Kris put his hand to his face to stiffle his laugh.

Gom semari ga

han jiba isseo

appa gom, umma gom, aegi gom.

Appa~ gomeun ttung ttung hae~

Umma~ gomeun nalshin hae~

Aegi~ gomeun neomu kiyeowo.

Eusseuk, eusseuk jal han da.

Ren grabbed Chanyeol's nose at the end of the song and smiled. Kris giggled and Chanyeol quickly walked over to him.

"What are you laughing at?"

"It's so cute. You're so cute."

"Whatever, what took you so long? I have to finish cleaning. Here," He handed Ren to Kris, "Play with her until I finish." Then he started doing the laundry.

"Okay~ Rennie, what do you want to do 'til umma is done?" Ren watched Chanyeol walk away, then turned her huge brown orbs to Kris and started crying. This wasn't the first time she was crying, but Kris still wasn't sure what to do. He didn't want to bother Chanyeol, so he started bouncing her around and walking back and forth in the living room. Ren started to fidget around in his grasp.

"Ren, please calm down," He patted her back, "It's okay, it's okay~ What's wrong?" Kris asked with concern. She was just fine a second ago, and as soon as Chanyeol left; she started bawling. Ren threw her head back and screamed so loud that her face turned red. Tears were coming from her eyes and Kris began to really get worried.

"Ren, are you hungry?" He went to the nursery and searched for a pacifier. When he found one, he gave it to Ren; but she just spit it back out on the floor and kept screaming. 

"Are you hurt? Do you have gas?" He laid her down in her crib and rubbed her stomach, but Ren just kept kicking and screaming. He picked her up, "Ren what's wrong, baby girl?"

Chanyeol rushed into the room. 

"I leave alone for two seconds, and then... CHAOS." He reached for Ren and rubbed the back of her head. "It's okay Ren-tokki~ Umma's here." Ren quickly calmed down and leaned closer to Chanyeol's chest. Shock was apparent on Kris's face. He had just tried everything to calm Ren down, and now Chanyeol just picks her up once and silence. He was annoyed.

"What are you doing to her?"

"Me," Kris pointed at himself, "I'm not doing anything!"

"Exactly. I'm trying to clean the house. The least you can do is keep Ren company. Is that so hard?" Chanyeol raised an eyebrow and Kris looked at Ren who was contently biting her hand again.

"I'm trying to but--"

"Yifan, it's not that hard." Chanyeol handed Ren back to Kris and started talking to her. "It's not that hard huh, Ren-tokki~ You just want to play with appa, huh? Is appa being mean? He doesn't know how to play games; Ren-tokki, I'm sorry."

Chanyeol started playing Peek-A-Boo with Ren while Kris held her.

"Where's Ren-tokki~" He asked with his hands over his eyes. Ren's tiny hand touched the back of Chanyeol's.

"OH THERE YOU ARE~" He smiled and Ren giggled. "Wow, you are so smart."

Kris was just watching this happen. Maybe she was just bored. He would try to be more fun around her. 

"Ok, I think I got it now, Channie." Chanyeol looked at him unsurely.

"You sure?"

"I think so. Go ahead. I'll try harder." 

"Ok..." Chanyeol said as he walked away unconvinced. "And stop making her cry." He scolded as he disappeared into the kitchen yet again to do the dishes.

Kris walked with Ren silently to the couch where he sat her and then he sat on the floor in front of her. She strained her neck trying to see where Chanyeol had gone. Seeing that Chanyeol was not there she looked the other way, still searching the room for her umma but all she found was Kris. She made a face and burst out crying again. Ren's face turned red instantly and now Kris really didn't know what to do because he didn't cause this to happen in the first place. He put his hands over his face like Chanyeol did.

"Where's Rennie~?" Ren looked at him curiously with her big brown orbs.

"Oh~ There you are~" Kris removed his hands and Ren started yelling even louder this time, if that was even possible. Kris put his hands to his ears, this girl had some strong vocals. Ren did not like Kris at all; and she was surely letting him know. Kris uncovered his ears and tried to shush Ren before Chanyeol thought he was torturing his daughter again.

"Rennie, what did I do? Why are you mad?" Ren didn't even look at him she just kept screaming until Chanyeol came back again, with his hands on his hips.

"What's going on?" He picked up Ren, "I thought you said you could handle this."

"I thought I could but.. she just doesn't like me." Kris stood up and pouted.

"How can she not like you, you're her father?" Chanyeol cradled Ren in his arms and she snuggled up to him silently. Kris looked at Ren then put his fingers to the bridge of his nose.

"This is unbelievable." He shook his head. "I didn't do anything this time. She doesn't want me, she only wants you."

Chanyeol glanced down at Ren who was now perfectly quiet. "Mini Yeol doesn't like appa?" He pouted to Ren. Ren reached for his lips. Chanyeol held her out towards Kris and she cried almost instantaneously. "Wow, Mini Yeol~"

"You see, I told you." Kris folded his arms over his chest. 

"What did you do to make her not like you?" Chanyeol kept poking Ren's tummy gently while Ren kept trying to catch Chanyeol's finger.

"Channie~ I didn't do anything!" He threw his hands up in defeat as Ren started yawning.

Chanyeol hugged Ren tighter to his chest and pretty soon she was sleeping. Kris raised his eyebrow and came to peek at Ren from over Chanyeol's shoulder.

"How'd you do that?"

"It's just a mother's touch I guess." He smiled, "I did it while she was inside of me, and I guess it still works out here too." Kris looked amazed. Everything was so easy with Chanyeol but when he was by himself, Ren always threw a fit. Kris sighed.

"What?" Chanyeol asked.

"I did everything I could today and she wouldn't be quiet for me. I just thought she was going to be appa's girl." Kris pouted and Chanyeol laughed. 

"Mini Yeol loves her umma~" Chanyeol kissed her soft little cheek and took her too her room.

When Chanyeol came back, he was holding a baby monitor. He sat it on the table in front of he and Kris.

"I think you and Mini Yeol just need some bonding time. I've spent plenty of time with her. I carried her for like 9 months. She's just not used to you yet. Maybe some quality time will help that." Chanyeol smiled his Happy Virus smile and pat Kris on his shoulder. Kris sighed.

"I don't even know where to begin though, Channie. She cries everytime she looks at me."

"We'll figure it out, okay?" Chanyeol kissed Kris on his cheek. "You can do this, Yifannie. I know you can."