Paternity Clothes.

Krisyeol's Cutiepie. (HIATUS)

chapter twenty-seven; paternity clothes.

 

"Umma what about these?"

 

Ren was holding up a pair of indigo wash denim jeans for expecting mothers. Chanyeol looked up from the shirts in his hands and peered over at Ren. She was hopping up and down and smiling. He put a thumbs up and sipped on his bubble tea. Chanyeol had come to the store to buy new maternity or well… paternity clothes because it had been so long since he was pregnant last. Ren suggested it and Chanyeol just brought Minki along because Kris wasn't home. They couldn't leave Minki alone, well, Chanyeol couldn't because… he just found out that Minki was dating Tao's son, Minhyun and he was a little iffy about it. Chanyeol had told Kris and he said he would handle it, so today was just... BONDING TIME~

 

"Umma they have gray ones too. You should get them!" Ren exclaimed.

 

"Hmm…" Chanyeol looked down at his son who was lazily leaning on the cart, "What do you think Kitty?"

 

Minki didn't even look up from his handphone before replying.

 

"They look fine."

 

"You didn't even look," Chanyeol pouted.

 

"All paternity clothes look the same after a while umma."

 

"They're starting to get more male clothing though. I thought it would help me look more masculine." Chanyeol rubbed his six month pregnant stomach because Dasom was kicking chronically. It didn't bother Chanyeol as much because… you know, Ren.

 

"Umma, just be cute ok? That's what you're best at."

 

Minki had an attitude today. Chanyeol wanted to smack him upside his head, but he partially blamed himself. He didn't know that having a new baby would have such a negative effect on his son. Ren on the other hand was all stars and stripes for the baby. She had zoomed through the entire infant girl's clothing aisle and picked up everything she dubbed cute. Currently she was bouncing over to Chanyeol with a shirt in each hand.

 

"Umma this one," She held a shirt up to Chanyeol's chest, "Or this one?" She did the same with the other shirt.

 

"I don't know Tokki I like, augh," Chanyeol cringed because of a painfully sharp kick Dasom had delivered, "I like them both."

 

"Umma are you ok?" Ren asked lowering the shirt with a concerned expression.

 

"Yeah Tokki I am fine, it's just Dasom is acting up."

 

Minki rolled his eyes. Nowadays everything was about Dasom. Dasom kicked omg, Dasom looks like appa so cute… Minki was sick of it. He blindly handed Chanyeol his tea.

 

"Here umma drink this, she probably just wants more tea."

 

Chanyeol took a sip and Dasom instantly calmed down.

 

"Wow~ Thanks Kitty you were right." Chanyeol smiled and pinched his cheeks. Ren did the same.

 

"You so smart Minkitty pooh~" She mocked.

 

Minki slapped their hands away, "Get a life Ren."

 

Ren laughed and Chanyeol frowned. Minki furrowed his brows in anger and stormed off to the bench next to the changing room, "I'll be sitting right here until you guys finish. Text me if you need me." After that he put his headphones in his ears and closed his eyes leaning against the wall.

 

Ren looked at Chanyeol and stopped laughing. 

 

"Oh, I'm sorry umma, don't cry."

 

Chanyeol touched his lower lids and realized he had began to tear up.

 

"I didn't even know I was crying. It must be the hormones." He said as he continuously wiped his eyes.

 

"Minki's just being a brat umma, don't worry about it. He'll be ok."

 

"It's like he doesn't want to be a part of this family anymore. I didn't think it would be like this."

 

"Mom. Don't. worry. about it. That's just how Minki is. You know that umma c'mon. You know."

 

Chanyeol nodded. He did know that Minki had his own little mood swings. He just couldn't shake the feeling that Minki was mad because of him.

 

"I just don't want to be the reason he's mad, Ren."

 

Ren nodded and smiled her Happy Virus smile, "He's just jealous because I get a cute little baby sister and he become the invisible middle child." Ren laughed and rubbed her umma's stomach.

 

Chanyeol thought about it. What Ren was saying did make sense. Typically the middle child gets looked over and Chanyeol didn't want to do that to his first and only son.

 

"Hey Ren why don't you go find me some more jeans while I got talk to Minki."

 

"Don't let him make you cry again umma~" Ren warned.

 

"I won't. And make sure you get a size bigger with the genes because… I'm fat."

 

Chanyeol looked into Ren's eyes and she looked right back at her umma. Then the both burst out laughing. Chanyeol's "fatness" had become a joke in the Wu household now but nonetheless Ren skipped away pushing the cart in front of her.

 

Chanyeol went to sit down next to Minki. Minki opened his eyes, blinked and turned off his music.

 

"Can we talk?" Chanyeol asked.

 

"Umma, I'm kinda sleepy and grump--"

 

"Don't." Chanyeol held up his hand. Ren had used that excuse plenty of times when she got an attitude with Kris about her shopping habits. Chanyeol was all too familiar with it when Minki decided to use it, and it wasn't going to work this time.

 

"Umma, I--"

 

"Are you, scared you'll get looked over babe?"

 

Minki looked down and sighed. He had been found out and it showed on his face.

 

"Minki~ you must understand that I have 2… well, 3 children now. I'm only one person, you're gonna get looked over some times."

 

Minki frowned, "Gee thanks mom." Chanyeol grabbed his face and tilted it up to look at him.

 

"But Minki, I'm not gonna forget about you. I'm not gonna forget about neither of you two. You guys were my first loves. Besides, how can I forget about my handsome son." Chanyeol smiled slyly.

 

Minki blushed, "Umma~" He whined. Even though it felt great to hear his mom speaking so highly of him.

 

"I only have one son, Minki! Nobody's replacing you." Chanyeol leaned in to whisper, "If anybody should be worried it should be Miss Rainbow Cakes over there because I am having a girl."

 

Minki laughed, "I tried to tell her that same thing umma."

 

"Oh you did?"

 

"Yeah."

 

"And what'd she say?"

 

"She said she has seniority because she was the first born."

 

"Do you believe that?" 

 

Minki thought for a while then answered honestly, "Nope." 

 

Chanyeol laughed, "And why not?"

 

"Because she's old, and Dasom and me will be new and cute." Minki put two V's on each side of his head using aegyo to make his mom laugh.

 

"Ahh~ I see you take after me." Chanyeol whispered in between giggles.

 

Minki nodded smiling brightly. He put his hand on Chanyeol's stomach and whispered to Dasom.

 

"Dalamjwi~ let's be best friends against Tokki noona arasso?" 

 

Chanyeol smiled and felt a tear roll down his cheek. He had let Minki make him cry again but this time it was for a different reason. It was for happiness, and pride. Even when his kids had their own attitudes, they still found a way to make him even more thankful for being blessed with them as his children. 

 

"Umma, Aeune-yah said that Kyungsoo appa would like us to come over for dinner what do you think?" Ren said bouncing back to the bench when Chanyeol and Minki were sitting. 

 

Chanyeol quickly wiped his tears before his children could see them, "That's fine with me, just let's go quick because we have to pick up your father. I say yes."

 

"Cool." Ren began texting Aeune back as they all walked to the checkout to pay for the clothing and they all walked out with a bag in each hand as a family.