Birthday Surprise.

Krisyeol's Cutiepie. (HIATUS)

chapter twenty; birthday surprise.

 

Kris rushed Ren into her carseat before he even hung up the phone; he just shoved it in his pocket. He doubled checked to make sure that his daughter was secure then he quickly hopped in the driver's seat and drove the quickest way to the hospital.

"Appa, what's wrong?" Ren asked from the backseat. She was scared because her father literally picked her up and ran to the car.

Kris plastered a smile on his face and looked at Ren through the rearview mirror, "Oh nothing Ren," he had a false cheery voice because Ren looked like she was about to cry, "Umma's just about to have a baby."

Kris heard Ren scream in the background as he focused on the road. Ren was so excited no longer on the verge of tears but Kris was frantic on the inside. He kept his composure like he always did but he really wanted to cry. Something was wrong with his son. After seven months of anticipation something was wrong with his son. His first son. Kris heart was on the verge of crumbling as he parked and took Ren into his arms. 

Kris was met at the door by Xiumin. Xiumin's face looked solemn.

"Did he--" Kris asked.

"No, he's still in labor it's just been induced. They say if the contractions don't speed up they might have to do a Cesarean."

"Seesaw we in?" Ren questioned. Kris looked down on her and smiled weakly. 

"Rennie~ I gotta go check on umma. I need you to play with Xiumin ahjussi 'til I get back because he loves games." 

Kris handed Ren to Xiumin and rushed off to the room Xiumin mentioned when he took Ren. Kris burst into the door and met a panic-striken Chanyeol and a nearly hysterical Chen doing breathing exercises. A nurse rushed over to Kris, "I'm sorry sir you can't be in here."

"Kris help me please!" Chanyeol cried.

"You know him?" The nurse asked Chanyeol.

"Yes, he's my husband you fool now get him over here right now before I kill you!"

The nurse let Kris pass and placed a hairnet on his head while he and Chanyeol joined hands. Chen stepped back trying to exit but Chanyeol caught him.

"Chen you better not leave or I will break all of your fingers!" 

Chen froze and scooted back against the wall to let the doctors do their job. Chanyeol turned back to Kris.

"Kris they said," Chanyeol panted, his contractions were now five minutes apart and were getting closer together with every minute, "They said… they said he might not make it." Chanyeol broke down again and this time Kris almost followed suit. 

"No babe, that's not gonna happen. He's a strong boy. He'll make it."

"I should have paid more attention to him."

"Babe, you paid him the most attention."

"I'm such a bad mom. I was being selfish and was glad he wasn't moving as much. And now… n-now…"

Chanyeol screamed the contractions were back to back now. Kris's fingers were turning blue now because of Chanyeol's tight grip. Dr. Han came in and told Chanyeol that he could start pushing now. Chanyeol nodded but Kris overheard her whisper to her colleagues. She said that they've got ten minutes left or else Minki will be born as a vegetable. A tear fell from Kris's eyes. How could this happen? They had done all the things that they were supposed to do as parents but something still was going wrong.

Dr. Han saw the baby's legs and told Chanyeol that he was doing great. Chanyeol kept pushing while Kris held his hand staring at the clock silently wishing for the well-being of his son. Dr. Han held onto the baby's feet as Chanyeol pushed. She didn't want to pull the baby because it might suffocate him further but she knew they had to speed up this process somehow. 

"Chanyeol I need you to push for me." Dr. Han said.

"Ok. Ok. okokokokok." Chanyeol replied. He was running low on energy because of all the panicking he did earlier but he still pushed with all his might and then just like that. Minki was out.

There was no noise.

The doctor's had all hushed.

Minki was not crying.

Chanyeol was holding his breath himself.

Just silence.

A nurse rushed over and tried to clean Minki up. Minki had come out feet first, hold the umbilical cord that was wrapped around his neck. His face was scrunched up and he was blue. The nurse open his mouth and began clearing out his throat but still no cry. Chanyeol felt his heart crumbling. Kris looked at the clock. They still had three minutes left. This should not be happening. Dr. Han looked at the nurse sadly. 

"I'm sorry Chanyeol I did all that I could."

Chanyeol began to whimper, "No. no no no no. Bring me my baby."

"Chanyeol please don't make this--"

"BRING ME MY BABY!"

The nurse walked over quickly and handed Minki to Chanyeol. Huge tears fell from Chanyeol's eyes. 

"Minki~ "Everyone in the room teared up just like Chanyeol. It was unbearable to watch. Chen shielded his face. It heart him to see his friends hurting.

"Minki~ please wake up." Chanyeol tried again. Chanyeol pat Minki on his back as if he was just sleeping and didn't want to wake up.

"Minkitty~ please don't do this to me." Chanyeol cried with his head down. Kris turned away and punched a wall in frustration. To hear Chanyeol begging just tore his heart to shambles. Kris was going insane. 

It was over.

Just like that as soon as it began.

Seven months gone for this outcome.

Nobody wanted to interrupt. Chanyeol just brought Minki up to his face and sobbed into the baby's stomach. 

"Minki… please." 

Then Chanyeol heard a whimper. 

He looked down to see Minki beginning to cry. Minki coughed two times then his little voice pierced the air with a shrill scream. Chanyeol smiled.

"That's it baby. Show them!" Tears of joy now rolled down Chanyeol's cheeks. Minki was alive. He was breathing, he was crying, he was living. Kris turned around wiping tears from his own eyes as he saw a miracle happening right before his eyes. Everybody in the room took a deep breathe. The nurses rushed over to check Minki's vitals but everything was going to be okay. He was alive.

Chanyeol snuggled Minki to his face, "Don't ever scare me like that again." He whispered to Minki.

Dr. Han looked around, "All right people give them some space to be a family." She looked at Kris, "Call if you need us. We will be back momentarily to get you all a room." She bowed and left. 

Kris stared down at his newly born son. There was not a fiber in his being that didn't love the sight he was seeing right now. He had nearly lost him but now there was his first son, looking just like his mother. Minki's crying died down and then he decided to open his eyes. Chen yelped and rushed out the room saying, "I'm going to get Xiumin!"

Minki blinked as lazily stared up at his mom. His deep dark chocolate eyes taking in every feature silently. Minki had long dark hair and he definitely took after Chanyeol in the looks department. Chanyeol brushed a hand through Minki's soft dark hair.  Minki smiled and his eyes crinkled as he made the most adorable baby noises. As soon as he saw Chanyeol he knew that was his umma. He kept making small squeaky sounds as he looked up at Chanyeol. There was another EXOtic in the family for sure. Chanyeol had on his Happy Virus smile and was crying at the same time.

"Good afternoon Minki. I'm your umma," Chanyeol said in his deep voice. He pointed to Kris, "And this is your appa." 

Minki tilted his head to get a better glimpse at Kris and then started laughing.

"Awww~" said Xiumin, Chen and Ren from the door. Minki was startled by their arrival and jumped when he heard them.

"Haha, look at his eyes, now he looks like Kyungsoo." Chen said. Everyone laughed but Ren tried to wiggle out of Xiumin's arms to get on the bed. 

"It's okay Minki, Umma's here." Chanyeol cooed. Ren climbed over the side of Chanyeol and grabbed his cheek. For some odd reason Ren loved Chanyeol's cheeks. She gasped when she saw Minki and smiled her Happy Virus smile. She clapped her hands together.

"He so pwetty!" She cooed touching his hair the same way that Chanyeol did earlier. Minki looked at her weirdly and Ren just laughed, "Minki I am Ren noona." Minki just blinked slowly and looked back up at Kris smiling. Kris hadn't said anything since Minki was born. He was too astounded to speak. When Minki cried Kris felt all the pieces of his crumbling heart floating back together. Kris smiled down at his family in silence. Ren reached for Minki cheek trying to kiss his but he just whined. 

"Oh there there," Chanyeol said patting his back, "You've gotta be more gentle Tokki~"

Ren looked confused. Chanyeol looked at Kris and rolled his eyes, "Be gentur." Chanyeol repeated in engrish. Kris tried to cover his laugh. Chanyeol glared at him and then held Minki out to him. "you want to hold your son, appa?"

Kris quickly nodded holding out his arms. Chanyeol placed Minki and Kris's outstretched arms and Kris pulled his son to his chest. Kris felt Minki's heartbeat against his chest. Minki smiled at Kris the way he did when he first saw his appa. Kris stared in his eyes took a deep breath and then broke down. All the tears he was holding in came out.  He pulled Minki to his face whispering without pausing in between. 

"I was so worried son. So worried. I thought the worst and I couldn't help it and I'm sorry but I love you I love you so so so much. I don't know what I would've done if you… if you…" Kris couldn't finish because he was crying. His family had received another member and now was complete once again. The love that Kris had for his family could only be explained in tears so he sobbed with out end into Minki's blanket and then kissed his forehead. Minki just let it happen. He didn't cry, squirm nor judge his father. 

"Easy there tough guy," Chanyeol said trying to lighten the mood while rubbing Kris on his back. Kris looked up wiping his tears with the back of his hand that wasn't holding Minki.

"I love you guys. So so much. I don't know what I would do if anything were to happen to you." Kris looked towards Xiumin and Chen, "I love and appreciate all of you. Thank you for taking care of Chanyeol until I got here."

Xiumin and Chen bowed.

"Kris, we love you too."

"Yeah, with your sensitive ." Xiumin chimed, attempting to lighten the mood. 

It worked and everyone laughed including Kris. Ren just sat on the edge of the bed staring at Minki in Kris's arms until he fell asleep. Chanyeol yawned and smiled at Kris. Chanyeol was tired and mouthed, "I love you," as he closed his eyes. Kris grabbed Chanyeol's free hand. 

"I love you too."

-

looks like minki is a miracle baby, isn't he? well, we hope you enjoyed the chapter! miracles happen, just like you guys, our miracles. thanks for reading, and god bless.