Bittersweet.

Krisyeol's Cutiepie. (HIATUS)

chapter eighteen; bittersweet.

 

Chanyeol awoke from his peaceful sleep. His son was sleeping in an odd position, and all he could do is giggle. He turned his head to look at his sleeping husband, who was snoring softly. He got up and walked to his daughter's joint bedroom. She was up and her thumb.

"Rennie-ah~ What are you doing up so early? Tokki, go back to sleep. It's only 6. AM!" Chanyeol giggled. Ren reached her arms out to hug her mother. Chanyeol then picked her up and put her on his shoulders. She giggled uncontrollably, and started snorting. Chanyeol laughed himself, as he walked to the kitchen. 

"Rennie~ What can we fix you for breakfast?" Chanyeol asked his daughter, as he sat her on the counter. Ren pouted, not knowing what he just said.

"Bananas and cereal?" Chanyeol asked his daughter in English. After a couple moments of Ren trying to process what her mother had just said, there was a loud laugh echoing through the room, and it wasn't Chanyeol's.

"Yifan! Don't laugh at Rennie! She's trying to understand what I just said!" Chanyeol pouted, rubbing his stomach softly. 

"Well, she's just taking too long!" Chanyeol hugged his stomach,

"SHE'S ALMOST ONE, YIFAN! She doesn't understand what I'm saying!" Kris simply laughed, and scooped up his daughter in his arms.

"Rennie, umma makes things confusing, right?" Kris poked her nose, "Now, Ren; do you want something to eat?" Kris asked in proper English.

"Ne~" Ren said loudly, making Chanyeol's jaw hang to the ground, and Kris laugh. "Very good!" Ren stuck her tongue out at her mother, giggling after she did so. Chanyeol frowned.

"Why are you being meanies?" Chanyeol pouted and sat on the stool in front of the counter. Kris laughed like he was evil.

"Oh~ Us Wu's aren't meanies~" Chanyeol crossed his arms, "I am a Wu, you understand that, right?" Kris scoffed,

"Yeah but, me and Ren have been Wu's longer than you." The Korean rapper simply shook his head, and headed to the fridge to get some whipped cream. He sprayed it in his mouth, and almost spat it out when his husband and daughter were looking at him like he was a freaking baboon or something. 

"What?" Chanyeol said with a full mouth of whipped cream. 

"Why are you eating whipped cream first thing in the morning?" Chanyeol pouted,

"I'm craving it~ It's good~"

"It's not."

"It is!"

"It's not."

"It is."

"It's not."

"Okay, I'm not going to fight with you. Anyway~ What are your plans for the day?" Chanyeol asked, placing the can on the counter.

Kris shrugged, "Maybe Ren and I will go to a park. What about you?" Chanyeol his lips, " Chen called me yesterday. He wants to go shopping for Bunny's birthday." Kris nodded, "Sounds good. How about we go bathe Rennie?" Chanyeol smiled widely.

"Sounds good."

---

The Wu family gathered in the bathroom, and little Ren was having her bath. Chanyeol carefully took out her strawberry-banana body wash, and began washing her little neck and chest. Kris washed her face, and her long hair that touched her chest was pulled back.

"Rennie," Chanyeol began. He caught his daughter's attention. She gave him her undivided attention, and smiled. "De?" She asked. 

"What's my name, darling?" Ren giggled loudly,

"Umma~" Chanyeol nodded happily, "And what's his name?" He pointed to the -faced husband of his.

"Harabeoji~" Ren cutely said. Kris's face blanked, and his mouth hung open. Chanyeol couldn't help but laugh hard,

"Ne, good girl. That's right. Harabeoji." Kris gave Chanyeol a face. And it wasn't pretty. 

"Okay, Rennie. No longer call your umma 'Umma', call him Halmeoni. Got it? Rennie, say HAL-MEO-NI." Ren looked at her father with her huge eyes.

"Halmeoni!" Ren squealed. Chanyeol then rolled his eyes, shaking his head at his husband.

"You would. Whatever. Rennie, who's umma's favorite EXOtic?" Ren giggled and pointed to herself. Chanyeol kissed her on the head,

"That's right. I love you." He said softly, attacking his daughter's neck with kisses." Chanyeol then directed his attention to his husband, who was awestruck. Ren and Chanyeol made the same pout, and Kris was even more awestruck. 

"Too cute."

"Not."

"Is."

"Not."

"Is."

"Not"

"Is."

"Not."

"Is."

"Not."

"Is."

"Not."

"Is. You two are the most beautiful people on Earth."  Kris smiled. Chanyeol's eyes softened. "Why is it you're so sweet to us?"

"Because," Kris kissed Chanyeol, then lowered himself down to kiss Ren. "I would give my last minutes on Earth to you two, why wouldn't I love you now?"

"I love you, Kris. All three of us do." Chanyeol kissed his cheek, smiling.

---

Kris held his daughter as they entered the park. There were fangirls all over the place, yelling; "Saranghae Rennie and Kris-oppa~" or, "Kris-oppa, the baby is so cute~" And Kris simply smiled and ignored. He set Ren on the ground, as she started walking to the baby swingset on the playground. Kris placed his daughter inside the small swing seat. She giggled as he pushed her carefully, and not too high. She wanted to go on the regular swings, but she wasn't big enough. Even though Ren was a KrisYeol spawn, she didn't exactly grow to be a tall toddler. 

"Appa~" Ren called out, she saw a cotton candy stand, and now wanted to get some.

"Ne, baby girl?" Ren pointed to the stand, and made a pout. Kris scooped her into his arms. 

"Sweetie, you want some?" Ren nodded, her golden wavy hair blew in the chilly wind. She shivered.

Kris made his way over to the stand, where he was greeted by a kind man. 

"Hello~ Wow, what an adorable baby~" Kris smiled and bounced Ren in his arms, "Bunny, what do you say?" Ren giggled,

"Thank you~" 

"I'll take one green apple, and one regular." Kris requested, getting out his wallet. The man nodded, and began making the cotton candy. 

"Gween apple?" Ren scrunched up her nose, as if to say;"gross".

"Ne, your umma looooooves green apple, baby." Just as he said that, the kind man took the money, and gave them their cotton candy.

Kris found a nice place to sit on the well trimmed grass. He watched as his beautiful daughter ate her cotton candy happily. The face of her's reminded him of his sweet Chanyeol, whom he missed. He sighed, watching as the playground cleared out. People were heading home, as it was rush hour.

"Rennie, we have the whole park to ourselves~" Kris said excitedly. Ren looked up at her father and smiled,

"Appa, why umma voice deeper yours?" Ren asked, really meaning to say; 'Appa, why is umma's voice deeper than yours?' Kris chuckled,

"Omo, Rennie~ I don't know~Your umma is quite feminine, so I don't even know." Kris laughed, as he placed his daughter in his lap, and they slid down the slide.

"Appa~ fun~" Ren squealed. Kris loved this. He remembered when Ren didn't accept him, and now... they were best friends forever.

"Ne, Rennie. What are we going to do ne--" Kris was interrupted by his ringtone. It was Xiumin. He picked it up,

"Hello?" Kris answered.

"Kris, I've got some bad news." Xiumin said.

He was told something that made his eyes widen.

"WHAT? NO! I'M on my way!" 

To be continued....