Ren's Party

Krisyeol's Cutiepie. (HIATUS)

chapter twenty-one; ren's party.

 

"Yifan you can't just tape it up there you have to twist it too!" Chanyeol scolded.

 

Kris was currently hanging streamers while Chanyeol sat cradling Minki in his arms. 

 

"My wrists are getting tired. Is it even really gonna matter about the streamers babe look at everything else." Chanyeol looked around the room. There were pink balloons and pink tablecloths, pink punch bowls and pink napkins, pink paper plates. It was a pink frenzy. Everything was perfect. Which is why the streamers had to be too.

 

"Yifan, you can't halfway our daughter. It's her first birthday!" Chanyeol said. Kris began to retwist the streamers. There was a knock at the door. 

 

"Who izzit~" Ren sang. Chanyeol shot her a glance.

 

"You're growing up to fast Tokki." He shook his head and answered the door. Chen peeked out from behind a giant Korilakkuma bear. He was weighed down by bags on this arms and Suho was behind him balancing a lot of pink boxes.

 

"Chen! I told you not to overdo it!" Chanyeol scolded, smacking Chen on the arm when he set the gifts down.

 

"Stop being selfish Yeol! You and Kai are soooo stingy with your girls. Hmph." Chen pouted and Suho set the rest of the gifts down. Kris climbed down from the step ladder and greeted Suho. 

 

"Been a while huh?" Kris asked.

 

"Yeah you know… work and stuff." Suho replied. Kris nodded.

 

"Presents~" Ren screamed racing for the table. Kris scooped her little body up before she got to the table.

 

"Oh no you don't." He started tickling her.

 

"Appa~" Ren squealed. Chanyeol pulled Minki closer to his chest. With all the noise that was going on in the house, Minki would be irritated before he even got a chance to sleep which meant he would be crying all night. Minki had been doing that since he got home from the hospital 4 days ago.

 

"You guys are here to help out right?" Chanyeol asked bouncing Minki in his arms.

 

"Ne, Chen said he knew you would need help because Minki was just born and Kris wasn't good at this stuff." Suho replied.

 

"I'm think I'm doing a good job!" Kris defended putting Ren back on the floor. Ren ran straight to the giant Korilakkuma bear Chen had brought. Chen smiled.

 

"You like?" Chen asked in English. Ren nodded furiously and he handed the bear to her. Ren nearly toppled over and all you could see of her were her tiny hands, gripping each side of the bear. Chanyeol went back to his seat and started giving commands again. 

 

"WELL, enough of that spoiling Ren. Finish decorating! Everyone will be arriving soon."

Chen, Suho and Kris began moving tables around, taping streamers, and hanging a 'Happy Birthday Ren' sign. The house was also complete, and Minki was sleeping peacefully for once while Ren played with her new bear in front of the TV.

 

~~~

 

A couple of hours later everything was complete. The food was finished, the house was decorated and Minki was asleep. Ren was dressed up in a birthday outfit that Chen bought her. Chen just couldn't resist giving Ren a few presents earlier. It was a soft melon pink long sleeved dress with white leggings and pink booties. Ren loved the boots the most. Kris watched her run around the house with them on making a break for the door when she heard it chime.

 

"Who izzit~" She sang. Ren had managed to get to the door before Kris could stop her.

 

"RENNIE~ It's us!" Cried a small muffled voice behind the door.

 

"Yah Rennie it's Me and Minho. Open up!" Taemin's voice said. Kris began to unlock to door while Ren tried to open it. She was too short. I mean just because she was the spawn of KrisYeol doesn't mean she's hit her tall streak yet. She just learned how to use her legs properly.

 

Taemin and Minho rushed in hugging Ren and lifting her off the floor in the process. Luhan giggled and reached in to hug Kris with Sehun following behind with a handshake. Taemin, Minho and Ren had all ended up on the floor giggling. 

 

"Alright boys that's don't smother her." Sehun said.

 

"Where's Yeollie?" Luhan looked around smiling brightly when he caught Chanyeol coming out of the kitchen with Chen. He ran towards both of them like a little kid. Sehun rolled his eyes, Luhan was acting just like their sons. Suho laughed.

 

"I don't see how you guys do it," Suho stated, "Two kids? Honestly?"

 

"It ain't easy." Kris said rubbing the back of his neck.

 

"It gets easier, eventually." Sehun said.

 

Ren was pulling Taemin and Minho to see her new brother in his nursery. They were tiptoeing and Chanyeol wanted to stop her but Luhan and Chen wouldn't let him.

 

"Chanyeol, she just wants to share her brother with them." Luhan said.

 

"Look at how hard she is trying to be quiet." Chen observed. Ren put her finger to her lips advising Minho and Taemin to do the same. They followed her baby steps into Minki's nursery. Chanyeol was itching to say something. He glanced at Kris to see that Kris was trying hard not to ruin her fun either. Kris's eyes met with Chanyeol's and he mouthed, "It's her birthday." Chanyeol sighed and pouted at Luhan.

 

"If he wakes up, you're dealing with him Luhannie." Chanyeol said.

 

"Ok I will, if he wakes up by them. Sheesh. Worry wart."

The doorbell rang again and Chanyeol when to get the door. He wanted an excuse to not yell at Ren on her birthday. 

 

"Hey Yeollie~" Kyungsoo cooed waving a hand while holding two boxes, "How are you?"

 

"Oh I'm fine, a little exhausted but other than that, I'm great." Chanyeol replied," I'm so glad you could come."

 

"Yeah, I was excited all week and then Minki came early. I was worried you weren't gonna be up for a party. You know because--"

 

"Get the hell out of the way Kyungsoo!" Kai said impatiently behind him bouncing Aeune up on his hip. Kyungsoo was pushed aside by Kai, almost dropping the gifts for Ren. Kai pushed past Chanyeol too and went straight for the couch in the living room setting Aeune down and propping pillows beside her. Luhan giggled and Chen ran towards Aeune. 

 

"Aeune~" Chen called reaching his arms out. Kai put a hand over his face.

 

"Nope!"

 

"Jongin~" Chen whined.

 

"No, Chen. Every time you get around her she gets all riled up and fussy when she gets back to me."

 

"That's because she loves me, don't you Aeune?" Aeune smiled a fat baby smile. Kai rolled his eyes.

Kyungsoo was standing next to Sehun watching the scene.

 

"Jongin just let him, it's a party." Kyungsoo called.

 

"Ugh. I'm sick of y'all es double teaming me." Kai gave up and plopped down on the couch. Luhan got up and approached Aeune too. Luhan kicked Kai's foot saying, "Sassy ," under his breath. Kai flicked him off. 

 

"Kyungsoo… get me something to drink." Kai said without looking up. Kyungsoo sighed and rolled his eyes. Suho raised his eyebrow, wondering if Kyungsoo was really going to get the drink. When Kyungsoo did get the drink Kris made an imaginary whip with his hand and whipped it in Kyungsoo direction. Kyungsoo pouted and said, "Get a life," as he went to give Kai the drink he asked for.

 

"Thanks baby," Kai smiled, "Where's the birthday girl at anyway?" Kai asked Chanyeol.

 

"Here! Here! Here!" Ren bounced over to Kai in her new pink boots. Kai's eyes lit up when he saw Ren and so did Kyungsoo's.

 

"Rennie~" They said together. 

 

"Will you guys be quiet you're gonna wake up Minki!" Chanyeol scolded. Kris and Suho were were sitting at a table laughing about something Sehun said. 

Ren jumped into Kyungsoo's arms, "Happy birthday gorgeous!" Kyungsoo beamed. Kai pinched her cheek. 

 

"Did you miss me?" Kai asked, sweetly. His demeanor always changed when Ren was around.

Ren nodded. The doorbell rang and Kris went to get it this time.

 

"How much did you miss me?" Kai asked Ren. 

 

"I miss you lots. I miss you thisssssss much." Ren stretched her arms out as far as they could go and then made a heart. 

 

"Awww~" KaiSoo cooed. Chanyeol rolled his eyes. Taemin and Minho raced up trying to get some attention.

 

"We missed you too" Taemin said while jumping around.

 

Kris opened the door while all the kids jumped around aggravating Chanyeol, trying to get attention from Kyungsoo. When he opened the door there was Tao standing shyly rubbing his hands together with a bag in his hands. Kris looked him up and down. 

 

"Umm.. Kris, it's not nice to s-stare." Tao uttered quietly, moving his fringe from his eyes. Kris moved aside.

 

"Sorry, I didn't mean to. Let me take that for you." Kris reached for the bag in front of Tao but Tao quickly declined.

 

"Umm no no no, no thank you. I got it." Tao nervously inched past Kris. 

 

"TAO~ You're here!" Chen said rushing over holding Aeune. Tao smiled and pet his head. Tao touched Aeune's nose and she reached for his finger. 

 

"She's so cute and she's getting so big." Tao said. 

 

"I know right?" Chen said, as if Aeune was his child.

 

"Yah get your old child!" Kai said playfully while squeezing Taemin in a bear hug.

 

"If y'all wake up Minki I swear!" Chanyeol rose from his seat and Tao pulled a smaller bag out of the big bag. 

 

"This is for you and Minki and Ren. To make, new memories." Chanyeol peered into the bag and smiled. Tao had bought him a new digital camera. 

 

"Xie xie." Chanyeol said bowing. 

 

Kris laughed loudly at his accent.  Chanyeol glared at him. 

 

"Shut up, Krees~" Chanyeol said.

Tao giggled and held is stomach softly. Chanyeol raised his eyebrow and Tao quickly removed his hands, scuffling away from Chanyeol. 

 

"Umma." Ren called pointing to a picture of a donkey on the wall, "Can we play?"

Taemin and Minho both put their hands together all doing aegyo to play Pin the Tail on the Donkey.

 

"Ok ok," Chanyeol said helping pulling a blindfold from the table.

 

"I wanna play." Suho said.

 

"Seriously?" Sehun asked, "so childish."

 

"You guys might as well play, Xiumin is taking forever to get here," Kris complained, "And where's Lay?" He directed this question at Tao who was sitting quietly against the wall watching, Ponyo on the television.

 

"He'll be here soon," Tao said, "hopefully." 

Kris frowned. He disapproved of Tao's relationship with Lay because Lay was never really around. Minho bumped into Taemin blindfolded and knocked him down resulted in a wrestling match.

 

"Boys, seriously!" Sehun shouted. 

Minki began to cry and Chanyeol got up. 

 

"I'm killing all of y'all!" Chanyeol pointed at everyone before heading to Minki's room.

The doorbell rang for a fifth time. 

 

"Kai can you get the door?" Kris was trying to break up the wrestling match with Sehun pulling Taemin away and Kyungsoo was trying to get Minho's hand to let go of Taemin's hair.

 

"Do I look like your ing slave Kris?" Kai snapped.

 

"Jongin~" Chen covered Aeune's ears.

 

"Jongin! Please!" Kris said.

Kai reluctantly rose to get the door grumbling something about Luhan and Tao not doing anything but being pretty and chinese. 

 

~~~

 

Luhan stared anxiously at Tao. Tao shifted awkwardly. 

 

"Luhannie~"

 

"Yeah?"

 

 

"Why are you staring?" Tao said with his soft voice.

 

"Is it making you uncomfortable?"

 

"Yes… a little."

 

"Why?"

 

"Because I don't know why you're staring." Tao stretched his hands over his chest and stomach, trying to shield himself from Luhan's gaze.

 

"You know why I'm staring Tao." Luhan replied.

 

Tao's eyes bulged. He looked away.

"W-whatever do you mean?"

 

"Tao." Luhan didn't break eye contact. He was waiting for Tao to say it himself when Taemin was into his lap. 

 

"Babe take Taemin!" Sehun said out of breathe. Taemin was crying and his hair was a mess.

 

"Umma~" He whined, "Minho's so mean~"

 

"Oh I'm sorry baby, he takes after his father, I know I know." Luhan cooed. He shot Tao a glared and Tao smoothly snuck away into the kitchen. Tao sighed when he thought he was safe but he was wrong. 

 

"Tao," It was Kris.

 

"Oh, hey Kris."

 

"Wassup?" Kris asked.

 

"What do you mean?" 

 

"I saw you and Luhan. Are you okay?" Tao looked down. Kris tried to meet his eyes, "Is it something to do with Lay? Did he hurt you? If he I did I swear I will--" Tao put his hands up in defense before Kris got carried away, "No, it's um… it's not like that."

 

"Then why are you being so awkward?" Kris asked.

Tao took Kris's hand in his own and placed it on his stomach. Kris eyes widened to the size of Chanyeol's. 

 

"… Y-you're pregnant?"

 

~~~

 

"OH MY GOD BAEKHYUN!" Chanyeol screamed scaring Minki.

Behind the door stood a very round Baekhyun with Xiumin behind him, attached to his neck.

 

"Get a ing room." Kai stated bluntly.

 

"Mian." Baekhyun blushed. 

 

"YOU'RE PREGNANT!" Chanyeol shouted.

Everyone looked toward the door to see Baekhyun waddling in with Xiumin. Chen rushed forward with Aeune.

 

"I knew it!" Luhan said holding a bouncing Ren.

 

"Oh my god how did you hide this for so long. Me and Chen JUST saw Xiumin at the store. He was there for you?" 

Baekhyun nodded shyly and Xiumin rubbed his stomach.

 

"Well congratulations!" Minho shouted from below.

 

"Thank you Minho~" Baekhyun sang.

Suho rubbed his hair, "This is a little too much for me today." He said.

 

"Baekhyun umma~" Ren said reaching above her head to rub Baekhyun's tummy.

Xiumin moved from behind Baekhyun and walked up to greet Sehun and the other guys. Kris walked out of the kitchen blankly arguing with Tao about something. Chanyeol pulled him over and Tao followed behind.

 

"Kris can you believe Baekkie's pregnant?" He said.

 

"What?" Kris looked at the round Baekhyun standing being rubbed by seven pairs of hands. "Oh great," Kris said.

Baekhyun made a face. "Can't you be happy for me Kris?"

 

"I'm ecstatic." Kris said flatly.

 

"Please don't start," Chanyeol whispered behind Kris's back, "How many months are you, Baekkie?"

 

"7 months now." Baekhyun said proudly.

 

"Wow, that explains a lot." Kris said.

Baekhyun didn't like his tone, "And what is that supposed to mean?"

 

"Guys, please don't." Xiumin pleaded, "We're here for Ren." Xiumin pulled Baekhyun away from the scene by the back of his pants making him nearly topple backwards. 

 

"You're EXACTLY right Xiumin. Now that you guys are here we can cut the cake." Chanyeol said.

 

"Good 'cause I'm getting tired. Let's get some cake. I really don't even wanna here y'all es arguing." Kai said. Kyungsoo face palmed.

Tao's ears perked up at the sound of cake and he was the first one by the table. Ren hopped to the table holding Luhan's hand saying,

 

"Cake." Sehun stepped towards Kris he leaned in to whisper, "Kris, calm yourself."

 

"It's not me it's him--"

 

"It's not Baekhyun, Kris. Something else is bothering you. Just let it go okay."

Kris nodded and then Suho lit the candle on Ren's birthday cake. Ren sat anxiously in a chair between Taemin and Minho. Baekhyun glared at Kris from across the table and Sehun squeezed Kris arm.

 

"Okay ready?" Chanyeol asked hugging Minki. Taemin and Minho started the song and everyone joined in, "Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you. Happy Birthday dear Rennie~ Happy Birthday to you." Ren blew out her candle and everyone cheered.

 

"Presents!" Ren shouted. 

 

"You don't want to eat cake first?" Chanyeol asked. Ren shook her head.

 

"Presents!" She said again.

 

"Yeah you can open your presents now," Kris said with a smile pushing Ren toward her presents. Chen passed Aeune back to her mother, "I'll cut the cake for whoever wants some."

 

"Thanks Chen." Chanyeol said. He went to watch Ren open her gifts with the assistance of Minho and Taemin. 

 

 

Tao stood happy bouncing by the cake waiting for Chen to cut him a slice. This was the happiest Chanyeol had seen him all night. Chanyeol smiled, he was glad Tao was finally stepping a bit out of his shell. Even if it was for cake.  Baekhyun waddled and plopped down into the chair rubbing his stomach. Chanyeol was happy that Baekhyun had finally moved forward with Xiumin. How he had managed to keep a pregnancy hidden for so long was beyond him. Chanyeol glanced at Kris. Kris looked unnerved and Chanyeol thought it was for Baekhyun but his eyes kept darting over to Tao. Chanyeol stared at him until their eyes met. Kris looked away. Chanyeol nodded and Kris looked confused. 'What?" he mouthed. Chanyeol just shook his head. He didn't want to be the person to start some drama on Ren's birthday. 

Ren kept opening her presents, gasping and thanking everyone. This party was ending correctly and Chanyeol was happy of all the things that happened. Ren was laughing placing one of the headbands she got from Tao on Aeune's head. Minho was sitting, holding Minki with Luhan's supervision when Chanyeol heard a light knock on the door. He snuck away from the scene and answered the door.

 

"Uh, Happy Birthday?" Lay said holding up a rectangular box with a purple bow.

 

"Lay you're late." Chanyeol said.

 

"I know, I'm sorry. I just got off work." Lay looked truly sad. Chanyeol felt bad for scolding him.

 

"It's ok, it's just--"

 

"Lay? Finally decided to show up. What's wrong with you? Why even show up?" Kris said. The other room didn't hear the conversation.

 

"Yifan, please." Chanyeol said.

 

Lay sighed, "Where's Ren?"

 

"Lay, you let Tao come here alone? Pregnant?" Kris asked with disgust. Chanyeol was shocked, that was he assumed of Tao was true. He was glowing.

 

"Kris, please don't try to understand us. I'm not even trying to argue with you right now." Lay shifted his weight to his other foot.

 

"You could at least be there!" Kris said harshly.

 

"I'm trying okay?" Lay's anger was rising and Chanyeol couldn't do anything to control Kris.

 

"Yixing?" Tao called while walking near the front door. Lay smiled when he saw Tao. Chanyeol knew that smile. Lay had nothing but love for Tao, Kris just needed to give him a break. Tao smiled back and ran into Lay's arms, "You made it~"

 

"Yeah, just barely." Lay replied.  Chanyeol took this chance to push Kris back into the living room. It seemed like Kris was messing everything up today. This party was ending on a good note so Chanyeol let them have their moment.

 

"Thank you for coming." Tao said still hugging Lay.

 

"Anything for you, Peach." Lay kissed Tao on the cheek and they walked towards everybody else.

 

"Hey Lay, you made it!" Xiumin said.

 

"What's this?" Lay pointed at Baekhyun. Baekhyun blushed and rubbed his stomach.

 

"We're pregnant." Baekhyun said.

 

"Wow~ Well we're--" Tao quickly squeezed Lay's hand tightly and gave him a look.

 

"We're happy for you." Tao said quickly. Lay nodded, wiggling his fingers from Tao's grip.

 

"Present?" Ren asked.

 

"Ah yes, Rennie this is for you. Sorry I'm so late." Lay stooped down to her level and pouted. Ren kissed his cheek.

 

"That's okay." She said. Ren opened the box and found pink Bunny pajamas with ears and a cottontail. She squealed.

 

"Umma can I wear this now?" She asked. Chanyeol nodded and helped her go change. Ren returned from the room just as quick as she left dressed as a small pink bunny. She hopped out of the room and Chanyeol laughed behind her. 

 

"Kamsahamnida~" Ren said while hopping around Taemin.

 

"You're welcome. So Ren, what did you wish for?" Lay asked.

 

"I wished for everybody to be happy." Ren smiled.

 

"Awww~" Everyone said in unison. Except Kai who was woken up by this noise.

 

"What the hell?" Kai asked grumpily, rubbing his eyes.

Everyone started laughing. Leave it to Kai to be consistently funny no matter the scene.

 

"Happy Birthday Ren." Lay said.