the study date?

The Apple of my eyes.

 

Songjung Focus:

It was dinner time and Songjung was having dinner with his parents and elder brother Songkyu. They were enjoying a simple Korean dish prepared by Mrs Lee. While they were eating, they shared with each other about their day. It has always been the family's bonding time. As they were talking, the subject of the theft at school came about.

'Honey, have the culprit for the theft been caught yet?' Mr Lee asked his wife.

'Nope, not yet. I hope it will be soon because it has caused such a ruckus at school,'

'It’s true dad. One of my classmate was accused of stealing the rabbit' Songjung interrupt.

'Well, did he really steal the rabbit?'

'Actually, . . . it’s a she,' he said shyly before continuing.

'But it doesn't matter because I was with her when it happened so there's no way she could've stolen it,'

'Oh~ looks like Songjung has a girlfriend~' Songkyu tease his little brother. He flinched at his brother teasing.

'What? I do not! What does me having a girlfriend got anything to do with this?!' he tried to defend himself.

'You just said that you were with her and if I'm not mistaken it happened during break time. So, . . . . what were you two doing?' he continued to tease.

Unconsciously, Songjung's face began to redden as recalled what happened the other day.

 

'Ahah! Gotcha! You obviously did something because its written all over your blushing face,' Songkyu said in a provoking manner while pointing his finger across his little brother's face.

Songjung was bewildered and outraged. Shortly after,

'Excuse me, I think I'm done eating,' he had stood up and with that, he left the dining room.

 

He dashed towards his room and threw himself on his bed. He can feel his face burning due to embarrassment. He dug his head onto his pillow and screamed. He then sighed.

'I didn't really do anything,' he mumbled. 'How the heck did Hyung know?' he began to ponder on whether he had been obvious somehow but that thought just didn't seem likely.

 

'Nobody knows about my crush yet, .... hyung . . .  . .ugh!,' he lay on his bed frustrated.

His mind was suddenly filled with Hyeri, how she had been accused of the theft and all.

A knock on the door snapped him out of his day-dream.

'Who is it? If it’s you, Hyung I'm not letting you in,' he said with a bitter voice.

The door opened and Mrs Lee walked in. Songjung sat up straight as his mother approached him. She went and sat on his bed beside him.

'Songjung-ah, don't mind your brother. He was just joking, you know that.' she began. Songjung just listened.

'By the way, I heard your science is slowly improving. Is it because of Ms Hana's new teaching method?' she tried to put aside the previous conversation as she knew he did not like it.

Songjung's face immediately lighten up.

'Yup that's true. My partner is Hyeri. She's really smart, mom. She helps me a lot every now and then,' he said while beaming. Mrs Lee was glad to see his son's smile. Suddenly, an idea came to her mind.

'It’s good that she's helping you with your science. Why don't you do the same for her?'

Songjung gave a puzzled look.

'Since I so happen to be your homeroom teacher, don't you think that I would have a record of my student’s academic achievements?' she asked while lifting an eyebrow.

'What do you mean mom? Are you proposing that I should help her in her weak subjects?' Mrs Lee grin as his son understood her.

'But mom, she's like super smart. Does she even have a subject that she's weak at?' he asked dis-heartily.

'Oh really? Well I'll just let you know that she's very much normal because her history marks is pretty much average . . . . . or lower,' Songjung gape at the statement.

'You mean, she's bad at History? . . . . . Mom, are you pulling my leg?' he asked for confirmation.

'Well, if you don't believe me what can I do?'

'No wait, mom! Okay, let's just assume that she is bad in this particular subject. But how am I supposed to just teach her?'

'I think you're forgetting a very important fact. In case you've forgotten your mom here is also your History teacher,' she stated clearly. Songjung almost leap in excitement.

'So you're gonna use the same teaching method as Ms Hana and get me paired up with Hyeri?' he asked excitingly. He couldn't hide his joy. Mrs Lee only smiled at his son's peculiar behavior.

'Thank you, thank you very much mom. You have no idea what this means to me,' he said while pecking on his mom's cheeks.

'Oh? I thought you were only gonna repay her by teaching her. You seem a bit too happy for just helping someone,' she asked in a teasing manner. Songjung was startled by his mother's sudden statement.

'Eh? O-Of course I am. I just think that . .uh . .this is a great way to thank her,' he was so nervous all of a sudden. Mrs Lee sense his sudden change in behavior.

'Okay, now get to bed. I'll inform the class tomorrow about this,.' she said and kissed Songjung's forehead.

As Mrs Lee was walking out of the room ,

'Thank you, mom. Goodnight.' she just grin at the thought of how happy her son now is. Mrs Lee was about to head to her room when Songkyu approached her.

'How was it? Is he still mad?,'

'No he's fine now. By the way, you were right. He currently has a girl in his mind.'

'What? Seriously? Oh man, I was right. No wonder he was burning up.'

'But Songkyu-ah, don't ever like that again. Since this is the first time, he has mentioned a particular girl to me, I don't want you to ruin it,' she continued.

'Whoa wait, he mentioned the girl to you? Wow~ he must really be into this girl, huh mom? Do you know her? I've always wanted to know what kind of girl he would fall for. I mean, since he has so many fan girls around him and all,'

'Actually I do know this girl. But that will just remain a mystery for now. It’s getting late. You should also get to bed,' she then went into her room leaving Songkyu all alone.

The next morning , Songjung woke up with a smile. He knew that today's the day. He'll finally be able to make his move on the girl that he's been crushing on and his mother is credited.

It was finally History lesson. He sat still and waited until his mom had finalized that he will be Hyeri's partner. As soon as his mom finished giving the instructions he turned to Hyeri. He was feeling quite nervous and anxious as Hyeri seemed to be in a daze. He finally mustered enough courage and spoke.

'So, have you got Chapter 2 covered?'

Hyeri turned and gave him blank expression. His heart was beating extremely fast and loud.

'Oh my gosh! why does she look so cute with such a blank face,' he thought to himself.

'No! Lee Songjung! get a grip. This is only the beginning. Don't blow it yet!'

He took a deep breath and continued. He somehow managed to control his feelings and make a decent conversation. Though his heart kept skipping some beats upon seeing his angel's cute response.

 

It was break time. He had heard that Hoon is being held ‘captive’ throughout the week by Ms Hana and that Hyeri will spend break time alone.

'Yes, this is my chance. The stars are all well aligned. Thank you universe,' he muttered to himself.

Without a second thought, he quickly pick up some history books and went towards Hyeri. After much thought about the venue of their 'study date', they both finally went to the rooftop.

Upon reaching there, Songjung was captivated by the scenery. It was like the perfect place to have a date.(a one-sided date?) He was so thrilled that he had forgotten about eating. He only stood beside the then-sitting Hyeri while admiring her beauty secretly.

'What's wrong? Why aren't you sitting?' He was snapped out by Hyeri's question.

He quickly sat down next to her to avoid suspicion and watched her enjoy her homemade sandwich. Suddenly, his stomach began to growl. He was very much surprised because he didn't felt hungry at all due to the excitement and all.

Unexpectedly, Hyeri turned to him and offered him a sandwich. He was shocked by her sudden action but accepted the sandwich as his stomach was about to growl even louder.

He didn't realize how hungry he was as he kept on munching onto the sandwich after every bite not pausing to swallow properly. As he was enjoying the delicious food, his eyes caught sight of Hyeri leaning towards him. He was extremely startled but since his mouth was really stuffed, not a single word escaped from his mouth. He was almost choking. After he had swallowed the remaining food in his mouth, he was about to speak when . . .

'Stop moving will you?' He went numb. He had no idea what was going on but he can't seem to dare himself to push her hands away. Her soft slender hands which kept inching closer and closer to his face. He held his breath and closed his eyes. He felt her hands brush slightly against his cheeks and nothing else. He opened his eyes and saw a perfectly normal Hyeri eating her sandwich.

'What was that? What just happened?' he mused. He stared at the perfectly fine-looking girl with disbelief. Suddenly a strong lighting bolt was shot on his heart as Hyeri's eyes matched his gaze.

He was totally surprised. Luckily, he managed to look away. 'I think I'm gonna die soon if this keeps up. My poor heart,' he thought to himself

'Songjung-ah,. …' he flinched. 'Relax, Songjung. Don't be nervous. Take a deep breath,' he tried to calm himself.

'We still have time to you know, . . . ' Songjung's heart was about to go crazy at those words.

'What is she talking about? Had she seen through me?' he mused.

'study,'

. . . . . 

Songjung's mind went blank.

'What? Did she say study?' he tried to take her words into consideration and figure out what she had meant. . . . .

It then dawned upon him that he's purpose with her is to teach her about History. He face-palmed himself at his ridiculous thoughts. He sighed and finally began their lesson.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey, double-update! Yay~ baksu~ * applause..

Okay, I really think that i'm gonna keep on posting chapters on Songjung Focus.. It seems so much fun that way. Well, to me it is.. I really hope that this chapter has no less grammartical errors. Eh, Athirah? Do tell me if you spot any because i spent quite some time scanning through this one.. n_n ..

Enjoy reading...