Amusement Park

The Apple of my eyes.

I ran as fast as I could. Every few often I would almost trip on my shoe laces. I stopped at a junction to catch my breath and to also get a grip of where I'm heading. I took in deep breaths while I tied my shoelaces. Great. I'm late and lost. I stood up and squinted my eyes for any sight of beings. After a couple of minutes being lonely I fished out my phone from my pocket.

 

The continuous ringing coming from the other line as I waited for him to answer made me anxious. Finally there was a voice.

 

"Hey, whats up?"

"Hyung! Quick, tell me the way to the public library from the central junction!" I ordered.
"You're still not there? It doesn't take that long if you took the shortcut from the bakery and-"

"Songkyu hyung, I need to be there like 15 minutes ago! Might I remind you who has a recording of your first confession on tape? Hurry up and just tell me already!" I literally yelled and begged.

"Yah! You brat! You better destroy that tape before I get my hands on them,"

"Then just give me the directions," I heard a low growl followed by a sighed from the other end of the line.

"Take the left route and walk past the smoothie shop. Then take the first right and after the yellow bench you'll be there. You can't miss it. The sign is pretty small but you should know better,"

"Kay, thanks. I love you, hyung,"                

"Yah! Don't forget to get rid of the tape!" Songkyu hyung yelled through the phone before the call was disconnected.

 

Okay. Take left and turn right after smoothie shop. Got it. I held onto my bag and began heading towards the library.

I was practically jogging by the time I was approaching the yellow bench. From afar I could spot a couple on the bench. I glanced at my watch.

9:30AM.

This is so not good. I almost walked passed them if Hyeri hadn't call me out. I was surprised by the familiar voice. But I was more shocked to learn that the couple on the bench was Hyeri and Hoon.

 

"Songjung-ah, the library's closed for the weekend. They are renovating it," she explained.

"What? Seriously? So now what?" I asked in between pants.

"We were gonna ditch you for being late and-"

"Hey! Thats rude. We were waiting for you in case you came because neither of us has your number," my heart melted at her words. I caught sight of Hoon's glare and I smiled in victory.

I slowly made my way to the empty seat by Hyeri. Surprisingly the bench was very long. I bet five people could on it.

 

"Ah! right. We haven't exchange phone numbers," I quickly took out my cellphone.

"Your number?" I asked Hyeri with the brightest smile I could afford. I guess my charms are finally showing because she let out a small giggle. My heart skipped a beat with joy.

 

Guess today's gonna be my day. We exchanged numbers and just when I pressed save, Hoon let out a groan.

 

"Are we gonna leave anytime soon?" He asked and got up. I blinked in confusion.

"Leave? You guys are leaving? But I just got here,"

"Songjung-ah, we're going to the amusement park. Wanna come along?"

"Amusement park?"

"Yeah. Since it’s such a beautiful day outside, it'd be a waste to go back home,"

"Sure. Sounds fun," I was glad Hyeri invited me because I was about to stall instead of heading back home.

 

When I got up, Hyeri linked her right arm in mine before pulling Hoon and linking her other arm with his.

"Yay! Let's have the best weekend ever!" she shouted ever so cutely and walked pulling us along in her own pace.

 

-----------------

It was eleven in the morning when we entered through the main gate. There weren't many people except for a group of people in office attire. Huh? Well that’s a bit odd.

 

"Even though it opens by 10AM, some rides are only available at night," Hoon commented.

"Then we'll just have to enjoy whatever they have to offer for the day," I turned to look at a very ecstatic Hyeri. To be honest I've never really seen her this excited and full of energy before.

 

We played rock, paper, scissors to determine who gets to pick the first ride and immediately set out. By noon, we were all giggling and laughing after going on the bumper cars. It clearly showed our driving skills. I was so determined to knock away Hoon that he ended up getting hit all the time and barely moved from the spot.

"Oh, that was fun. So what's next?"

"Let's go for slow rides for now,"

"The Viking's Boat has a small queue,"

 I looked towards the ride and saw that there were only two couples and a group of children on it. The three of us headed that way. About five minutes of idling on the ride, we got bored. Before I could do anything, Hoon took the lead.

 

"You guys wait here. I'll check what's wrong," he then walked towards the person in-charge leaving the two of us.

 

I was fine for the first few seconds until I caught sight of a couple on my right. They were clearly displaying their affection towards each other and looked extremely happy. I glanced at Hyeri. She just took out her phone and seemed to be busy. I sighed. Being a couple seemed so nice.

 

My eyes roamed around the whole boat observing everyone. The kids were obviously excited and did not care how long they had to wait for the ride to move while some adults had given up and left.

 

Even the mere sight of clouds moving through the sky caught my attention and seemed amusing until something else distracted me.

Click! Click!

 

I blinked.

 

Click!

 

Ohh~ this one's nice"

 

My head turned towards the voice. It was the couple again. They were taking selcas. Their actions and poses were different after each click. I shamelessly stared at them without much thought of how rude it was. It’s like they were in their own happy land. The guy gently pinched his girl's cheeks and she snapped the memorable moment. Then he placed his arm around her shoulders. They seemed so intimate with each other. I guess that's how Songkyu is around his girlfriend. Ughhh.. I do not wanna imagine that.

 

"Ah! That was so not fair!"

 

My attention was yet again diverted to another voice. This time it was a familiar one.

Hyeri looked frustrated and glared at her own phone.

 

"What's wrong?" I asked quite puzzled really.

"Huh? Oh, it’s nothing. I lost in the game Temple Run," she said casually and suddenly moved closer to me.

 

"Songjung-ah, wanna take selcas? I'm getting bored,"

"Selca?" My heart raced as all the embarrassing poses that the earlier couple had done flashed in my head. Slowly my ears turned red from just imagining myself and Hyeri doing them.

I was still indecisive when Hyeri inched closer and leaned her head towards mine.

 

"Say Kimchi~"

Click!

 

"Hey! You weren't looking," she complained and repositioned the phone again.

In the midst of doubt and confusion, I decided to just go along with it.

The frequency of clicks after each shot increased as we soon came series of photo burst that could end up as a short film.

 

I have to admit, it was fun. In between shots I figured why not take this chance.

Hyeri was changing poses when I slowly stretched my arm behind her head.
My hand was to about to land on her shoulder followed by her countdown when,

"What are you guys doing?"