Finally, the culprit is . . . .

The Apple of my eyes.

 

The sun was shining brightly and the birds were singing a very melodious tune which made her lips curl to form a smile. Hyeri was happy. Not that it was weird to see her happy but it is a bit strange considering what she's been through a few days ago.

Hyeri was definitely in high spirits. She herself has no clue why she was that joyful.

The day went by peacefully then she would have thought with ChanMi who seemed ready to pounce on her anytime. Yet, she kept her distance well from her. Hyeri didn't mind that at all because it meant less trouble for everyone.

During break time, she continued her history lesson with Songjung at the rooftop. She didn't realized it but her heart had opened up for the popular boy. She no longer detests him. Instead she was smiling in his company. She finds him really down-to-earth and sometimes funny. If anyone were to see them at the rooftop, people would think that they were having a study date. (More emphasis on the date part). They match each other quite well.

The day passed by just like that. Nothing major happened, just the usual.

 

The next morning, as Hyeri was getting ready for school her eyes caught sight of the calendar. It read 26th January 2012, Thursday'. She stopped before sighing. She just remembered that today is the day. Her luck depends solely on the real thief. She grabbed her lunch box, bid her parents goodbye and set off for school.

Everything went pretty normal at school until . . .

'Attention to Han Hyeri, please report to the discipline office. I repeat, Han Hyeri to the discipline office. Thank you,' a voice sounded through the school's sound system.

Class 1-A was silent. A screeching sound was heard and Hyeri left for the discipline office. All eyes were watching here every movement before she disappeared out of the class.

Hyeri walked steadily towards her destination. She tried to control her anxiousness. Her stomach was suddenly invaded by thousands of imaginary butterflies. She lifted her head and saw the sign 'Discipline Office'. She knocked on the door before entering the room slowly.

She saw the discipline teacher siting at his desk.

'Come, take a sit,' he gestured towards the chair in front of his desk. Slowly, Hyeri went and sat down. She was quite afraid even though she was completely innocent.

'Hyeri, do you know why you're here?' he questioned the girl. Hyeri took a few seconds before answering.

'Because I was accused of stealing the rabbit?'

Just as he was about to answer a knock was heard.

'Come in'

The door slide opened. Yuri was seen standing in front of the now-opened door. She seemed to be in some sort of problem.

'Yes, what is it Yuri?'

Yuri looked at the teacher and took a deep breath.

'Actually I think I stole the rabbit?'

The teacher's eyes widen upon hearing the confession.

'What do you mean you think?' he asked her in a serious tone. Hyeri was quite stunned herself. She never would have expected Yuri, of all people to be the culprit.

'To tell you the truth, I stayed back awhile after science class that day. I wanted to take a closer look at the rabbit. When I was about to head back to class my elbow kinda of knocked down some flasks beside the cage. Some of the shards of glass entered the cage and I thought it'd be safer to take the rabbit out of the cage to avoid it from getting harmed by the sharp glass. So, I took the bunny out and cleaned the cage from any small glass pieces. But, after I was done, I couldn't find the rabbit. I think it have escaped' she explained without leaving a single detail out. Her eyes were starting to moisten.

'So, is that really the truth?'

Yuri nodded.

'Are you sure you're not just making up some stories to cover up for your friend here?' he gestured towards Hyeri. Hyeri was outraged. 'What? Yuri bluffing for me? Did he hit a lorry on the way to school or something?' 'We're not even considered as friends' Hyeri screamed in her head.

'No, sir. It’s the truth. As for the late confession, I actually had no idea that she was being blame for all this. I was absent from school ever since that incident due to family matters. So, I really didn't know that the rabbit was 'stolen'. I thought they must have found it somewhere in the garden.. But I guess not,' she stated honestly.

There was a long silence in the room before the teacher spoke.

'Okay. Since we now know who 'stole' the rabbit. I guess the case is closed.' he looked at both of them before resuming.

'Hyeri, you can return to class and Yuri, what are you going to do?'

'I think I'll buy another rabbit to replace the one that was lost, sir'

'Very good. Now, Any questions? No? You're dismissed,' he left the room leaving Hyeri and Yuri alone.

Hyeri was boiling inside. 'What?  Just return to class? No apologies whatsoever? That teacher is definitely a rotten goose of some sort. Not to mention stuck-up and rude beyond words,' she was completely insulted by the way the teacher treated her. There was a huge and clear difference between her and Yuri.

'Arghh..!!' she screamed.

'Hyeri-ah. I'm so sorry for all this,'

'Nah, its okay,' she was in no mood to indulge herself in a conversation.

They both then started to head back to class. While they were walking Yuri kept apologizing.

'Hyeri-ah, Are you sure you're not mad? I'd do anything to compensate for your miseries. I heard from my friends what you've been through the whole week and I feel really awful about it,'

Hyeri pause her steps for a few seconds and finally spoke.

'Yuri, If you really want to,  then how about you confess to everyone about this incident. I'm sure if the news of you being the culprit were to come out of my mouth, it wouldn't look good,' she suggested. Yuri considered the idea before agreeing. It was a win-win situation.

As soon as their figures were spotted by their classmates, they could hear a ruckus going on in the class. Just like they agreed, Yuri confessed while Hyeri remained silent.

Even after confession, she could sense the difference in the way people treat her and Yuri. The guys were listening to her story attentively and some even tear up at the end and praised her how brave she was to admit her mistakes. Hyeri rolled her eyes at the guy’s air-headedness. She sat at her sit while waiting for recess.

She didn't realized that she was being observed the whole time. She figured that everyone's attention was probably on Yuri, the goddess of the class. Hyeri sighed.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

author's note: Yay triple update! I wanted to post this chapter later but might as well do it now. I hope its good.. Yeah~ i know, it was kinda of dissapointing how no one really stole the rabbit.. Let's just assume that the bunny is happily eating some grass somewhere in a park . . okay.. this is getting wierder. Anyway~ hope you enjoyed this chapter and i have no idea when this story will end.. though i've got it all planned just waiting for it to convert into words.. Anyway~ happy reading. n_n