Upcoming event : Sports day!

The Apple of my eyes.

It was a clear February morning. The breeze was blowing through her hair which was tied to a high pony tail. The birds were chirping harmoniously. The sun was shining so lovely and generously as to supply vitamin D to those who would take the time to get out of bed and take a walk.

Hyeri was enjoying her walk to school. She finds it quite difficult to be at peace early in the morning. Most of the days, she would get annoyed early in the morning due to her sister being too spoiled. Her sister, Hye-eun would hog the bathroom for hours only to come out before entering again to put on her contact lens. She would then get a ride from their dad to her school because 'someone' was running late.

(Explanation: Hyeri's sister, Hye-eun goes to an all-girls high school which is quite far from their home compared to the school that Hyeri attends to.)

So thats basically how her usual morning went by. She used to feel abandoned and neglected but now she doesn't really seem to care. She would just hold it all in and hope for a better day at school.

As Hyeri passed by the candy store that she would always buy an apple-flavored lollipop from, her mind suddenly recalled the apple that was placed on top of her desk weeks earlier. She had completely forgotten about it. Her stomach was filled with warmness with the thought that a person had cared for her deeply. 'It's definitely a guy. I don't think the girls like me too much,' she mused while pondering on the owner of the apple. She lips stretch out across her cheeks without her realizing. ‘I wonder if it’s the same guy that wrote my name on his paper,’

During morning assembly, Hyeri was more-less writing down the important notes or information that the teacher has to offer. It had become her habit to write those things down in case of an emergency. Who knows, the infos might prove to be useful in the future?

'As some of you might know, our school sports day will be held in a month time. So, from this week onwards the sports day practice will be held weekly as usual. I hope you haven't forgotten your house team,' the P.E teacher spoke during his turn.

Hyeri sighed. She was never that athletic to begin with. Her sister would show off all her medals to their parents after every sports day only to make her parents spoil her even more. Hyeri was really glad that they are no longer attending the same school. Or else she’ll have to come up with more excuses for her poor athletic performance.

'And one more thing, this year we are going to host the inter-school events which will only involve the track events such as , the 100m, 200m and 400m sprint, the 4by4 and others. So, since there will be other schools participating in our sports day i hope you will give your all and make sure we win gloriously. Fighting!,' he finished while throwing his fist in the air. A thunderous applause filled the hall. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was 5pm and the students were told to gather at the field for their first sports day practise. It was really crowded and noisy as the teachers were busy calling out names while the students were chatting and laughing loudly. Hyeri sat all alone under a shady tree while waiting for her name to be called. She was about to daze off somewhere when her shoulder was tapped.

She turned her head and saw Songjung smiling at her.

‘Hey, looks like someone’s bored,’

‘Just look at them. At this rate, I’ll just waste my whole evening here staring at nothing,’ she said while gesturing towards the crowd of students and teachers.

‘Oh, by the way, why aren’t you in your P.E clothes?’

‘Ah~ that’s for me to know, and for you to wonder,’ he replied and gave her a wink.

‘Yah~ that’s not fair~,’ she whined and gave a pout.

‘Okay, okay. Fine, are you that curious?,’

‘Hmm.. I’m not that curious, considering how busy I am right now I’ll just spare a moment..  So?’ Hyeri tried her best to get the answer with a very weak sarcasm. 

‘Because . . . . . I don’t have any practice today,’ he gave her a smile.

. . . . . .

‘What? That’s it? Pshh, I thought you lost your clothes or you hurt yourself or something,’ she said disappointed at his reason.

‘Why? Will you treat my wound if I got hurt?’ he asked jokingly.

‘Eh? What?,’ she was startled by his sudden question. Within seconds, Songjung was leaning closer to her face and grinned. Blood rushed to her cheeks causing it to turn slightly red. She froze as he inched closer and closer. Her heart was beating madly. She can’t seem to think nor move. She was waiting, for something to happen yet she has no idea what. It felt as though time stopped ticking or at least it was moving but in slow motion. 

‘Han Hyeri! Han Hyeri! Is she present?’ a loud high-pitched voice ruined the atmosphere and caught their attention.

Songjung quickly retracted away from her while Hyeri who was stunned got up on her feet. She was blank for a moment or two before she got back to her sense.

‘Yes, teacher. Present. I’m Hyeri,’ she exclaimed and went towards the teacher leaving Songjung alone on the grass. 

After she had settled the attendance and the event that she will be participating in, she went back to the spot. It was empty. Songjung was no longer there. She slowly moved towards the spot and sat exactly where she sat a few hours ago. A warmth sensation came to her heart and her stomach was invaded by thousands of butterflies. She would usually hate this feeling but somehow this feeling in her stomach was painful but in a good way. ‘What is this feeling?’ She cupped her face and felt that it was warm. She closed her eyes and the scene before replayed in her mind.

‘What just happened? Why do I feel so nervous?’ her heart was beating faster. She sighed. She has no clue to what just happened but she has this strong hunch that it wasn't something bad. Her heart felt so light and happy. She has never felt this sensation before in her whole life. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Songjung Focus.

‘Songjung-ah, we can’t go home yet. I have to settle some paper works. Why don’t you just hang around for a while and come back at 6pm,’ Mrs Lee explained to her son.

‘It’s okay, mom. You just do your work. I’ll be fine,’ he said and left the staff room. He was quite used to it. He was about to wander off the school compound when his eyes spotted a girl, sitting alone in the middle of the field. Well, she wasn't really alone in a vast empty field. But she seemed like it, probably due to the distance between her and the crowd. A grin formed across his face as he made his way towards her.

He stood beside her and stared at her. Its so obvious to him how she does not want to be here. He lightly tapped her shoulders to inform her of his presence.

‘Hey, Looks like someone’s bored,’ he tried to start a conversation.

‘Just look at them. At this rate, I’ll just waste my whole evening here staring at nothing,’

This is good. She is responding to me. He sighed in relief.

‘By the way, why aren’t you in your P.E clothes?’

He thought hard for a while to come up with good answers. He doesn’t want to just give straightforward replies. It might give her a sense that he doesn’t want to talk to her. Hmm..

‘Ah~ that’s for me to know, and for you to wonder,’

‘‘Yah~ that’s not fair~,’ he chuckled at the sight of the girl whining and pouting. His heart has never felt so peaceful. He looked at her with a loving gaze. I never thought I could joke around with her like this. This is so a dream come true.

I wonder what her reaction will be if I more. He was really fond of the girl and wanted to know so much more about her. Every single reaction she gave would make his heart flutter and beat even faster.

‘Why? Will you treat my wound if I got hurt?’

Oh my gosh, her flustered face looks even more adorable. Those doe-like eyes and that small lips of hers. She is just so perfect. His eyes was examining her beautiful face before stopping at her trembling lips. His heart skipped a beat before pounding crazily.

Unconsciously, he leaned towards her. His action was completely driven by his emotions. 'How I want those lips.' He inched slowly towards his target. Just moments away from planting a kiss onto those lips, a loud high-pitched voice went through his head.

He immediately retracted. He sat back and tried to calm himself. He watched at Hyeri got up and went away. He let out a deep sigh. ‘So close~’ He stood up and glanced at her one more time before heading back to the staff room.