The apple juice..

The Apple of my eyes.

 

After they finished eating, they continued chatting about random stuff until break time was over. As soon as they reached the classroom, Songjung ran towards them.

‘Hyeri!! I’m so so sorry! I didn’t realized that Maths was over. I fell asleep and the next thing I know its already break time. Sorry~’ he kneeled in front of the two of them.

‘It’s okay, Songjung. Please get up. I knew you were asleep. That’s why I left without you . . . because you looked really tired. Ah, by the way have you eaten?’ she asked

‘Yeah I've eaten. Songyeol bought me a sandwich and juice,’ he answered.

‘Then that’s a relief because I shared my food with Hoon today. So there’s none left.’ She showed him her lunch box.

‘It’s a good thing you have a caring best friend,’ she added.

Songjung glanced at Hoon who was smiling beside her.

‘Ah~ so you were with him?’ he gestured towards Hoon.

‘Yeah, it’s been awhile since we ta— Oooh! Where did you get that?’ she pointed towards a carton of juice placed on top of Songjung’s desk. Both Hoon and Songjung looked at her in surprised because of the sudden change of topic.

‘Huh? You mean the juice? I thought I told you Songyeol gave it to me,’ he explained casually.

‘Ah~ really?’ she replied while her eyes were still fixed onto the carton of juice. Seeing this, Songjung knew she wanted it.

‘Hyeri-ah do you want it?’ he took the juice and offered it to her.

‘Seriously, you’re giving it to me? I mean, its apple juice. You don’t want it?’ she asked for confirmation though it was written all over her face how she really wanted it.

‘Take it. I don’t mind. So what if its apple juice?’

‘WHAT?! Apple is the most delicious fruit in the whole universe. And every single edible object that is apple-flavored is too. It deserves recognition as to being the most wonderful fruit. Apple juice contains just half of the joyous delight a real apple could offer. Bottom line, anything apple related is good.’ she explained while the carton of apple juice.

 

. . . . . . .

 

Hoon cleared his throat at her long explanation of the wonderful fruit. He grinned before walking back to his seat leaving Songjung and Hyeri.

There was an awkward silence as Hyeri began opening the carton.

‘Mmmm.. Aahh~ it’s so delicious~’ she broke the silence after taking a sip of the apple juice.

‘Okay~ I never really knew you liked apple so much,’ Songjung said awkwardly.

‘Really? Okay, then now you know,’ she replied briefly before continuing to sip the sweet drink and grinning to herself from time to time.

Songjung just can’t help but just smile at her cute response upon drinking the juice.

‘Songjung-ah~ Thanks so much. Its been awhile since I drank apple juice,’ Hyeri said after finishing the drink. She flashed him a sweet smile and then went to throw away the empty carton.

‘You’re welcome~’ Songjung mumbled to himself after finding that he just made her happy. 

Songjung stood there for quite awhile staring at Hyeri before realizing his action when a guy accidently hit him by the shoulders. He quickly snapped out of it before dashing to his desk in case anyone would notice. But his actins were clearly seen by a pair of eyes.