Songjung's POV / FOCUS

The Apple of my eyes.

 

‘ . . .Hyeri-ah your partner is Hoon and lastly Songjung you’re with ChanMi’.

His heart sank. ‘What?! Hyeri is with Hoon? And moreover I’m with ChanMi? Oh my gosh, can this day possibly get worse?’ He refuse to be partnered with his own fan girl. He already knew about ChanMi all too well. She was the manipulative pig tailed girl. She would always whine whenever she doesn’t get what she wants which is why Songjung find it difficult to handle her.

‘Please, calm down. Now I want you to take 5 and get to know your partners better. After this we’re gonna continue with our lesson for Chapter 2’ Ms Hana’s instruction snapped him out from the daze.

He sat there furiously cursing at his luck.

‘Songjung-ah, I’m so glad we’re partners’ ChanMi began with a soft smile imprinted on her face. Songjung remained silent. He had no interest in engaging in a conversation with her.

‘Let’s work hard! Fighting!’ she tried again while stretching out her hand to shake his. Songjung merely glanced at it. ‘Why is this girl talking to me? Can’t she tell that I’m not interested’ he cursed at her angrily in his thought.

‘Are you mad?’ she asked in a caring tone with sympathy.

‘No, I’m just having a rough day,’ Songjung quickly replied to avoid any more pointless conversation. He then gave her his radiant smile. (It was a fake smile of course)

He tries to ignore the girl and focus on something  no,  someone. His eyes where lock onto someone. A girl to be precise.

‘if you’re done staring we should get ready for the lesson’ Hoon’s statement towards Hyeri was caught by his sharp ears. He extended his neck forward as to eaves drop their conversation.

‘I wasn’t staring… I was just spacing out.’ He sighed in relief. ‘I knew it. There’s no way she could fall for an ordinary guy like Hoon and resist me’ he tried to comfort himself. Every now and then he would glance over at Hyeri and it irritates him whenever she asks whether he’s fine or not. ‘I should be there. Not him!’ He was completely annoyed by the fact that the girl that he likes is siting and chatting with another guy. The lesson dragged on as if it was a year long. ‘I can’t believe my luck’ he sighed as he got out of class.

‘Songjung-ah, are you okay?’ his best friend suddenly approached him

‘Yeah~ I’m fine except for the fact that I was stuck with a bothersome fan girl for who knows how long..’ he replied irritably.

‘Dude, relax. Was it that bad?’ Songjung glared at him.

‘Its easy for you Songyeol-ah. You got partnered with Yuri. The girl of your dreams’

‘Not to mention the most popular girl’ Songyeol added with a wide grin on his face.

‘Are you trying to put salt on my wound or are you boasting? Because either way you're not helping’ he raised his voice a bit.

‘Okay, looks like someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed. You wanna grab something before we head to the café?’ Songyeol asked his friend as they reached their classroom.

‘Yeah, I’m gonna grab some fruits my mom packed me,’ he then walked into the class. To his surprise Hyeri was sleeping at her desk. He went closer to make sure it was the girl that he had secretly admired. But before that, he told Songyeol to go without him. He doesn’t want anyone to know of his secret crush on the ordinary but beautiful girl.

He slowly approached the sleeping beauty and stared at her. He gently brushed aside some stray hairs that was blocking her face. ‘Oh, how I wish you could be mine’. His eyes were fixed on her as he examine her exquisite facial features. Her long black hair that would always be pulled back and tied. Those check bones and nose compliments her face amazingly. His eyes then moved to her lips. Her small pink lips which always had lip balm on it making it look so appealing. His heart was beating faster. He leaned towards her. Slowly closing in. *Glass breaking sounds

He flinched and took a step back. He was startled. ‘What was I doing?’ he suddenly realized that he was inches away from stealing a kiss from the innocent sleeping girl. ‘Songjung-ah, get yourself together. I could’ve been caught’. He looked at his crush and sighed.

It then dawned upon him that she must not feel well. He immediately remembered the apples that his mom had packed for him and took one out. He went to his desk and reached out for a sticky note pad. He wrote down a message and pasted it on the apple. It was quite difficult to do so but somehow he managed. He neatly placed it in front of her face so that it would be the first thing that she would see when she opens her dark brown eyes. He then swiftly left the room as he heard footsteps along the corridor.