Candy fight..

The Apple of my eyes.

 

It was a rainy day outside. On the 3rd period, the students in class 1-A was informed that their teacher was absent and that they must remain in the class and not to wander off the school compound.

Hyeri sighed. What a waste of time. She had previously finished her homework and she left her favourite book at home. She looked out the window. The sky looked so dull and grey and the cold gush of wind that would sometimes blow into the room would make her shiver.

'May i have your attention, please' Hyeri looked to see the person talking. At the front of the class stood Lee Songjung with two of his friends each holding a plastic bag full of candies. She looked at them.

'Since we don't have a class right now, how about a game?' the fair boy continued. ' I'm gonna ask some questions and whoever gets it right shall get a reward of candies. So, how about it?' he looked at his classmates which were mostly girls eagerly. Waiting for their response.

'What candies are there?'

'Oh, there's lots of sweets. chcocolates, Orange flavors and strawberry flavors .......  Be assure that each of you is bound to get one if you work hard' he said with a grin.

' what is the question gonna be about?' a long haired girl suddenly spoke up.

A smile formed on Songjung's face. 'hmm... I guess it shouldn't be too hard. I got it! The questions will all be general information about yours truly, Lee Songjung' he ended his sentence with a wink which caused all the girls to shriek and scream of joy. All except one ; Han Hyeri. She just couldn't believe what she just heard. General questions about him. Who does he think he is? Some sort of artist? She knew that this game thing is complete waste of her precious time. And besides, what lame candies. 

'there isn't even a single apple candy in there' she mumbled to herself after listening to the list of sweets in the bag. 

After a couple of minutes the game started. He started off with the simplest question. What is his full name? Suddenly the was a huge crowd of girls who yelled and scream at the top of their voices; Lee Songjung! The high pitched noise pierce through Hyeri's ears. She just couldn't believe this. 'Are they half crazy and half craving for those candies?' Hyeri asked in her mind.

She tried her best to ignore the roaring sounds produced by the girls in attempt to answer the question. She could hear him asking about his siblings, date of birth, favourite stuffs etc.

'why is the quiz not done yet? Just how many general information about himself is known by the girls?' Hyeri asked herself..

'okay that's about all of the questions for today.'

' but Songjung-ah there's still some candies left.' Songyeol who stood beside him whispered.

'I got an idea. Attention my beloved fans .. ‘ he began.

‘Since I’m all out of questions to ask, how about a bonus round.’ A playful smile was painted across his face.

‘I shall throw these precious candies randomly and whoever gets it, gets it. Shall we begin? ’ 

‘you can’t be serious!’ Hyeri remarked over his last sentence but the crowd were too loud and full of excitement that it muffled Hyeri’s words. Hyeri’s hatred towards the popular boy increase ten fold. How could he be so arrogant and full of himself!

Songjung dipped his soft, fair hands into the plastic bag containing the sugary goodness and then kissed it. Hyeri can’t even recall how many times the girls in the class roared and scream in delight. It was like being lost in a sea of fans in a huge concert. She might probably be deaf by tomorrow if this keeps up. Songjung threw the sweets in random directions as to make it fair. Hyeri somehow managed to ignore all those nonsense and tried to sketch.

Suddenly, a piece of strawberry flavored chocolate landed on her paper. She flinched and looked at it. In a matter of seconds she felt a strong force coming from all directions. All the girls threw themselves at her table causing her to drown in the sea of girls. A girl that came some behind had pushed her off her chair and causing her to hit a table. She was in  so much pain and also confused. All she could hear was the girls screaming and yelling as two of them tugged one another over the half melted chocolate. While at the front of the class Songjung and his friends were seen gasping for air after laughing too hard.

‘Oh he did not!’ hyeri screamed in her head. As she was about to get up and teach the boy a  lesson,  the recess bell rang. All of the students quickly rushed out of the class and left her there. Alone. On the floor. She was bewildered. ‘What just happened?’ she thought.

It took around five minutes to digest all that had happened. She just couldn’t believe her luck. She picked herself up and made her way to the bathroom. She was a complete mess. As she was fixing herself she heard …

‘I can’t believe how many candies I got’

‘I know right, I only got half the amount of yours. Oh by the way did you noticed during the bonus round, it looked as if Songjung was targeting his candies to someone specific?’

‘Huh? Really? I didn’t notice. I just get the feeling that he was trying to attract someone from the left side of the classroom.’

‘Yah, i think its just us. Hurry up or else recess is gonna be over soon.’

‘I think you’re right. Let’s go. ’ with that the two girls left for the cafeteria.

‘What a weird bunch of girls. Does it even matters who he throws those junk food at?’ Hyeri thought to herself as she remembered how he had laughed himself so hard watching the girls fighting each other over the chocolate that he had pressed his lips onto. It made her sick .

After recess the class seemed as if nothing had happened. The atmosphere was nothing like this before. It seemed normal. Well, Hyeri was glad.