First move

The Apple of my eyes.

Songjung POV

I really did not realize what I’ve gotten myself into until the next day. It was half an hour after Maths lesson. We were having our P.E class and I overheard their conversation.

“Hyeri-yah, why were you absent? Were you ill?”

“Yeah~ I kinda of got a cold,” he gasped and seemed alarmed. I tried not to look like wanting to gag but it did sound pretty fake.. . to me at least.

“Really? So are you okay, now?”

“Uhuh. I’m fine, except for a minor sore throat. Thanks for worrying,” Hyeri responded well in her angelic voice but I could sense the slight roughness in it too. It should have been a sore throat minus the minor part.

“Aww~ then that’s too bad. Because . . . I was thinking of treating you. You know, to make you feel better,”

“Treat me?”

“Yeah. I was gonna buy you ice-cream after school. You know, that new café that just opened?”

My ears perked up as I realized that Hoon was making a move.

“Café? I’d-“

A loud screech echoed across the room cutting off all conversations. All eyes were on me as I stood up.

I lifted my hand up shyly and waved as though nothing happened and smiled. It wasn’t long until everyone continued their conversations and so did Hyeri and Hoon.

“So, what do you say?”

My palms got sweaty as I tried to figure out something before I lose the chance. Forever. Just as Hyeri was about to answer, I called her.

“Hyeri-yah!” her head immediately snapped towards me. I could see Hoon’s disappointment.

Without even waiting for an answer, I quickly went up to them.

“Han Hyeri! Where were you yesterday?” my tone was a bit raised and my voice cracked a bit at the end. Don’t be nervous. Act cool. Judging from their blank faces, my sudden interrogation must have caught them by surprise.

“Huh? I was … under the weather?” she answered with a hint of doubt even though it was true. Great. Now I’m starting to feel bad. But I must not show it or else everything will be ruined. I took a deep breath and continued.

“Do you have any idea how much you missed out yesterday? We have covered the previous chapter on the nation’s economic history and there’ll be a quiz on it next week,” I tried to sound stern but my soft heart just couldn’t be too rough on her.

“So, what do you want me to do?” she asked completely unsure of the answer herself. A light bulb flickered in my head as an idea popped up.

“That’s why, I’m suggesting we have a study dat- I mean, study lesson. This weekend,”

“Oh? History on a weekend? Awww~ do we really have too?” she pouted and I could myself melting and giving in. I bit my lips preventing myself from letting this golden chance slip through my hands. I was getting fidgety waiting for her response when Hoon butted in.

“Yah, Hyeri-yah. That’s a great idea. We could study history in the morning and then switch to Science afterwards. I bet you’re already ahead of us. So you’ll take over for Science,”

My eyes widen by his proposal. I specifically don’t remember inviting him along.

“We could go to the public library,” he added and somehow seemed a whole lot more excited than me. I stared at him in disbelief. What is he up to?

"Okay, How about we ask her out but our date has to be the same place and time? That way she'll have to choose either one,"

"Fine. Agreed,"

"Cool,"

Ah! The challenge! I almost forgot that we’re supposed to go on a date with Hyeri at the same time and place.

“Okay. Fine. That does sounds fair. And I don’t think I’ll get anywhere with History alone, anyway,” Hyeri finally answered.

“You’ll go?”

“You’ll go?”

Hoon and I both asked at the same time. We made eye contact which clearly expressed our disbelief before breaking it when she asked us.

“So~ 9 o’clock?”

“Nine it is then,”

“Sure. Nine sounds good,”

And so the mission begins. The mission to be the guy for Han Hyeri is on. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[A/N:

I'm so so sorry for the overdue update. I really am. Just so you know, I have a really huge exam coming up this year. So I can't really be on the PC for too long. Even if I can, the life of a fangirl can be so time consuming and busy >~<" You get what I mean? hehe

Sadly to say, I've lost a couple of subscribers here and I would just wanna say " I'm sorry. I hope you guys don't hate me for updating just when you guys decided to call it quits"

And to those who've stayed loyal 

"I love you guys so much. Thanks for being my strength to keep this fic going and for staying by this fic. I really appreciate it. I'll try to bring in new chapters ASAP" ]

Oh and sorry for having it short too >~<"