Valentines (3)

The Apple of my eyes.

SONGJUNG's POV

I was walking down the hallway when the bell rang indicating that school hours has just ended. I let out a long sigh. Today, I didn't even get to talk to Hyeri. Well, I did but I wouldn't count that as 'talking'. Hmm... That reminds me. I wonder if Hyeri will come at 5? Should I confess to her today? . . .Well, there is always next time, right?

I decided to take my time walking because people were rushing and running throughout the school compound to get back home. Since mom is not gonna be finishing up soon, I think it’s a good way to release some stress. Today has been so tiring.

As soon as I got back to the classroom, a girl confessed to me. I felt bad for rejecting her but it’s not like I could just accept her feelings out of sympathy.

No way. The only girl that I will accept is Hyeri. Speaking of which, her bag is gone. I scanned the vast space of the classroom. She must have gone home. I guess I'll just see her tomorrow then.

Of all days, why is Science and History not in today's timetable?!

Is this a sign from the universe that we are not meant to be?!

No!! Snap out of it. Lee Songjung, get a grip! Stop demotivating yourself. I shook my head to keep the thoughts away.

"Are you okay?" a soft girly voice snapped me out of my mental scolding.

"Huh? What? Sorry, .. I was... Uh.. Spacing out," I muttered and tried to smile genuinely.

"Oh, okay. I thought you were mad at me or something. I'm sorry for using up your precious time for my confession."

"No, no. Its okay. Really,"

"Really? Thats a relief then. Umm.. Can I ask you a question? Do you... Umm... Have any girl that you like?" she asked me shyly while curling the tip of her hair with her finger.

"What? Of course, I do. Why wouldn't I?" I asked her back. Why is she asking me such an obvious question?

"Really? Phew~ .. Then, I guess rumors are false. Well, glad to know. Ah by the way, who is she?"

I was a bit taken aback by her carefree personality. She's talking to me like we've been friends for ages.

"Songjung-sshi? Hello?"

I stared at her before blinking in realization. Oh shoot! I did it again!

"Ah! I'm sorry. I don't know why this keeps happening." I stratched the back of my head in embarrassment. I have got to stop spacing out during conversations.

"It’s okay, I guess you must be tired from today."

"Yeah, uh.. Wait, I think you said something about a rumour and it not being true. What's that about?"

"Eh? -" she furrowed her brows probably trying to recalled what she had meant. "-oh that,. . .  its just some weird rumour about you not interested in girls."

My large eyes widen as huge as it can go upon hearing her words.

"What?! What's that supposed to mean?" I stared at her frantically. There's a rumour of me not liking girls?!  So what does that mean? That I like guys?! Oh gross!!   

I had no idea there was a rumour like that going on.

The girl looked a bit frightened probably due to the fact that I just raised my voice which I was too shocked to care.

"W-well .. You... See.. S-since you have always rejected all the girls’ confession. People started saying that you might not be interested in girls," she slowly backed away towards the wall probably scared that I might explode again.

My mouth fell open. What is this absurdness?

I can't believe there are rumours like this.

"Songjung-sshi. But since you have a girl that you like, that means that the rumours are false. . . So, don't worry too much." she said in a soothing voice. I think she was trying to calm me down because I was speechless.

“Are you okay? Umm… I could spread the word that you are definitely straight and get my friends to help you, if you would?” she looked at me worriedly. I just nodded and fell back onto a chair.

The girl seeing my state quickly apologized and left. I was all alone in the classroom. Thoughts flooded my mind and the world seemed to be spinning. Talk about major news. Uggh.. I closed my eyes hard and tried to clear my thoughts. Soon, I dozed off.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N 

Hey, everyone.. Thanks for being so patient to get this far. I'm sorry for the really long wait .. i hope its worth it.. Being a student and all really makes it a bit difficult to mantain the eagerness to write you know, i'm sure most of you know what i mean.. 

Anyhow, this chapter is actually REALLY long.. so i decided to split it into two.. the next chapter will be posted (if nothing is in the way) tomorrow n_n.. Please leave you supporting and encouraging comments below. BTW, please do tell me if i made any mistakes in the text or anyhow..

Thank you >.<