Two boys and a girl

The Apple of my eyes.

HOON’S POV

‘So, does this means I’m free? Yes! Whohoo!’ I jumped excitedly only to hushed down by some teachers in the room. I mouthed a sorry and bowed apologetically. 

‘Well, I think you’re good now. But if you dare score lower than you already have. . . .I’ll be sure that to tutor you for a month. You hear me?’ Ms. Hana warned me before letting me go.

‘Yes, ma’am. I won’t let you down,’ I saluted her before skipping out of the staff room. Finally, free! My shoulders felt a lot lighter and I can’t wait to eat and- whoaa~ .. Almost hit someone on my way out. I looked at the student who was now on the floor. Just the person I wanted to see. Before I could even help her up, she stood and brushed off some dirt off her knees and bowed to me. Unconsciously, I smiled at her cute manners.

'Hey, it’s okay. You don't have to bow to me,' I told her. She lifted her head and smiled at me.

'Hoon? Hey! Wow~ I think it’s been so long since the last time I talked to you,' she exclaimed

'Yeah me too. Hmm.. I'm finally done with my report. Wanna go together?' I gestured towards the cafeteria

'Sure. No, wait. I'm not going there. I'm going to the rooftop. Besides I brought my own food,’

'Rooftop, eh? I've never really been up there.' I honestly told her.

Before I knew it, she was already dragging me there by the wrist. I just let her. Soon, I was sort of regretting going with her pace. She was so quick. I was having a hard time keeping up with her at the stairs. Man, why can’t they install elevators at school? Finally, she paused in front of the door and I took this opportunity to steady my breathing. 

'Ta-dah! My new hangout spot!' she declared and gestured towards the large vast empty lot.

I was still out of breath to say anything.. Though I think I managed to mutter an apology in between the pantings for the lack of reaction.

As I was still puffing for air, I watched her move to a corner and eat. Finally, I took a deep breath and made my way next to her.

'Are you mad?' I asked her in case she was.

'Nope. Not really. Though I was a bit taken back by your reaction,' she replied

Phew~ I sighed in relief. Soon we began chatting and my heart was beating at a fast rate as she smiled her angel-like smile (If that is even possible). The atmosphere was so calming especially with the venue being a breezy open space. I think I should take this chance to confess to her. But how? How do I suddenly pour out my feelings for her? Should I just be frank and tell her I like her? . . NO!! .Finally I decided after pondering on how to even begin. I took a deep breath and cleared my throat.

 

'So, what do you do up here? I mean the atmosphere here is pretty good. If this were a movie, there would probably be some romantic scene here,’ I said smoothly.

'Eh? wow~ you watch romantic movies?' she asked interestedly

'Sometimes. I guess you could say I watched enough to know when and where the scenes will come. Especially cliché' scenes. For example, here at the rooftop the male lead will confess his love to the female lead. They started out as friends and then one day the guy decided to risk the friendship so that they can become more than that. So, just like how we are now, they'll eat while enjoying each other's company. While they were eating the guy will pause and lean closer towards the girl,' I leaned in on her slowly to imitate the scene.

'And then he'll grab the girl's chin and say : You have some sauce on your lips,' again I tried to reenact with the story by grabbing her chin and push it upwards slowly as to make our eyes on the same level and continued.

'The girl will look away and blush. But before she could anything, . . .the guy pulls her face towards himself and plants a kiss on her lips,' I quickly finished the story and stared into her eyes. Her beautiful doe-like eyes. My heart started pounding madly as I wait for her response. Come on, if she would just close her eyes, . . .

 

Suddenly, she giggled and said 'Yeah~ that is one of the most cliché' scenes,'

 

I felt like a tonne of bricks just fell onto my head and my heart shattered into pieces. Instantaneously, I let go of her chin and averted my gaze from her. I was hugely disappointed by her reaction. I exhaled and sighed. I was about to get up and walk away from this situation when it hit me. I just turned my back on her after telling her a cliché story. She has no idea that it was a confession, . . . . right? I realized that my sudden mood change could make her figure it out. So, I abruptly changed the subject and try to make her forget about it.

'So, what do you do up here anyway~'

'Hmm... eat, enjoy the breeze then study. That's pretty much it, every day,'

I sighed in relief before continuing our conversation. I guess she didn’t figured it out. Soon, the atmosphere became normal and I found out that she’s been hanging out with Songjung. I know that their lab partners (tsk, how could i forget? I was originally Hyeri's partner until he decided to switch..) But still, Hmm.. suspicious. But she says they’re just friends. Well, let’s just hope that they are.

 

SONGJUNG's POV


'Hyeri-ah~ here let me feed you this. Say aaahhh~' I picked up a sushi with a pair of chopsticks and move it towards her.


'No~ its too embarassing~' she whined and cupped her glowing pink face. Oh my gosh, I just want to pinch her cheeks. She is too cute to be real. 
 

'Aaahhh~' I repeated as I moved the chopsticks closer to .
 

'Hmm... fine. Aahh~' she finally agreed and in went the shrimp sushi into her small mouth. I watched patiently as she chewed it.
 

'Mmmm.. Its tasty. Now its my turn,' she quickly snatched away the chopsticks from my hands and began choosing a sushi to feed me. My heart beat fasten as I anticipate the moment. Finally she chose one and smiled sweetly at me. How I wish time would just stop at this wonderful too-good-to-be-real moment
 

'Say aahhh~' her sweet voice echoed as her delicate hands reached out to feed me.
 

'Aaahhh- OOWWW!' I felt a sudden pain on my back and immediately shot up. I looked around to find myself in the classroom and Songyeol standing beside me.
 

'Yo! Wake up! Looks like someone was having a nice dream~' he said before chugging down a carton of milk. 
I tilted my head in confusion as I recalled what just happened. . . Oh my gosh! I fell asleep! Aishh I knew it was too good to be true. 

Now, it's all coming back to me. I was daydreaming.. Darn it.. Oh wait... 


'Yah, Songyeol-ah! What time is it? How long was I asleep? Why didn't anyone woke me up?' I shot him multiple questions as I fix my hair and tie. Suddenly. my stomach growled. 


'Dude, relax will you? You only slept through Mr. Bae's boring maths lesson and you're not the only one. I just woke up myself like 10 minutes ago. Here, I bought you a sandwich and juice.' he handed me a plastic bag. 
 

'Ah~ thanks,' I dug my hands into the bag and took out the sandwich.

I unwrapped it and began munching on it immeadiately. I guess my stomach really knows when its time to eat. As I was about to finish my meal, I suddenly remembered. Hyeri! I'm supposed to teach her history by now. I jumped to my feet and was about to ran to the rooftop when I saw her at the door. I quickly rushed to her leaving my juice on the table.