Under Those Smiles

I Met a Guardian Angel

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rY3shqtNmMQ


Suho's eyes rounded with fear. "What do you want now?" Suho asked, tried to stay calm.
"You know what I want. I want what your parents left behind. The debt," the man said with a crooked smile.
Suho shrugged the man's hand off his shoulder. "Well, I don't have it. Now if you'll excuse me I have to go," Suho said and walked away quickly.

The man glared at Suho and walked behind him. He reached for Suho's arm, but before he could come in contact with Suho's arm, a hand came in contact with the man's wrist, pulling his arm backwards. The man cried in pain. Suho turned around hearing the man's cry. He saw a girl that held the man's wrist, and in one fluid motion, she gave his wrist a good twist. The man cried in pain again. Suho used the light to see who the girl was. Her black, thin leather jacket and black jeans made it impossible for Suho to see who it was.

The girl swung her leg up, making contact with the man's back. The man was on his knees, the girl had let go of his wrist and glanced up. "Eunbi," Suho muttered. "What are you doing here?"
You looked at the man on the ground that held his wrist as he cried. "I figured something like this was going to happen to you," you said. You looked at Suho. "A weak person like you wouldn't be able to make it out of this neighborhood at this time. This may seem like a good neighborhood, but at night, everything changes."

Suho glanced at the man. "What did you do to him?" Suho asked as he watched the man rolled around, holding onto his wrist.
You shrugged, unconcerned that you could've hurt a man. "Twisted his wrist. It could be broken," you said. You looked at the man. "You should see a doctor about it," you said as you walked away.
Suho ran after you, glancing at the man one last time. "So, you heard everything?"
You sighed. "From the hellos to the debts," you admitted.

"U-uhm. It's not what you think," Suho stuttered.
"Gosh, what's with the stuttering? It's not like I'm going to use the debt things against you or anything. I don't even like you. Why should I take advantage of your business?" you said. "I'm not nosey like you."
Suho sighed of relief. "Good. Can you not tell my friends about what happened back there?"
"Why would I ever talk to them? Feel lucky that I talk to you," you mumbled.

"True," Suho said as he trudged next to you.
You looked at him. "Hm, you're not smiling as usual."
Suho pressed his lips into a straight line. "I don't smile as much at this time of day. Day, it's beautiful with the blue skies, bright sun, smiling makes the day better..."
You scoffed. "You sound like one of those hippies that want peace," you said.
Suho slightly smiled. "But when night comes, people get drunk, bad things happen, dark alleys, fights... Memories that you want to leave behind, but they keep coming back..." Suho looked up and realized that he was in front of your apartment. "What are we doing here?"

"What? Did you think we'd go to the park and take a nice walk like couples? Ew, no. Daejung said to bring you back. You can stay overnight. Just one night. No other nights," you said and walked into your apartment.
Daejung looked up. "Hyung!" he shouted.
Suho grinned and ruffled Daejung's hair. "I guess I came back," he said.
"Yeah! So can you--"

"Yah, Kim Daejung. You have school tomorrow too. We all do. Now go and take a shower and go to bed," you ordered. Daejung pouted and walked away. You walked towards a closet and pulled out a blanket and pillow. "Make yourself feel like home, I guess?" you said and threw the pillow and blanket at him. "Sleep on the couch," you said and walked away.
"Eunbi," Suho called. You paused and turned to him. "Is there a reason why your parents left you?" he asked.
You turned to him. "You're being nosey again."

"I-I know. I just wanted to... My parents left because of the debt... Actually, that's the reason I can figure out why they left... My parents are different than I am..." He looked at you. "My life is almost the same as yours. Only, under my smiling faces, I hide pain... You just express your pain."

You crossed your arms and looked at him. "I lied when I said my parents left. They actually died in an accident. The only reason I lied is because if Daejung knew, he'd be like me. He was only 6 years old when it happened. It was late at night and I got a phone call. I didn't wake Daejung up, so I went to the hospital with the ahjumma at the restaurant and found out that the passed away. My parents weren't like yours. They cared for me, and I care for us all." You hadn't realized that you were talking about it with Suho.

Suho looked at you. "Have you ever smiled before in your life?" he asked.
You glanced at him. "Nope, and I'm not planning to," you said and walked away.
Suho softly smiled. "Then I shall continue to get you to smile..." he said quietly.


A boring chapter. ._.
HEY~ Guess what? For those who read my blog post, thanks for all those things you said. You guys are truly the best people I've ever met. <3 I made up with my parents. They're very bipolar. o.e I feel really lazy to write another blog to thank you guys. xD