This New Person, This New Feeling

I Met a Guardian Angel

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9NgXzmn53yk


You and Kai were out walking again, rather than being with the others. Suho hasn't returned from Seulki's place, but Chanyeol has.

You walked next to Kai, your hands in your pockets. Looking around, stores were closed, restaurants were opened late for family dinners, cafes, still filled with customers, families were out in streets making memories, couples visited the Namsan Tower to make confessions, some even went under the mistletoe. People, joy, happiness, everywhere. Once again, the fake Santas went to almost every child and family they saw.

Once again, a wall of silence stood in between you and Kai. Kai cleared his throat, breaking the silence once again. "So... We should probably head back... Suho's probably at your place by now," Kai said and turned around.
You grabbed his arm. He glanced at you. You pointed at a car that was just ahead of you. "Isn't that Suho's car?"

Kai trailed his glance to where you were pointing at, and indeed, he saw Suho's car. Inside, was Suho and Seulki, driving in the direction towards your house. "Yeah. With Seulki," Kai mumbled. He tugged your arm. "Come on, let's get back home."

****

Suho glanced on the sidewalk, seeing you and Kai walk together, Kai grabbing your arm. *They've gotten closer than I thought they would...* He sighed and paid attention to the road in front of him.
"So, who's this Eunbi we're going to?" Seulki asked Suho.
Suho shrugged. "A friend," he said.
Seulki raised a brow. "Can you be a bit more specific?" She let out one chuckle. "You've changed a lot since I left," she said. She looked at Suho. "So? Who is she? Do you like her?" she asked.

*So many questions.* He furrowed his eyebrows and glanced at her. "She's just my friend."
"But the way you talked to her in your last webcam chat with her, you sounded pretty concern that she was sick. Then, you didn't sleep until 4 AM and waited for her or her brother to show up on chat," Seulki said as she applied lip gloss to her lips, looking through her make-up mirror.
"Since you asked me something," Suho started. "You need to answer one question from me."
Seulki shut her make-up mirror and glanced at Suho. "And what is that?"

Suho continued to talk as he drove. "Why did you want to come back?"
"Ever since you found out about your parents had fled again, I figured that you needed someone to help you forget that or something," she said.
Suho pressed his lips into a straight line. "I don't need your help. I have others to help."
"Are you sure? Because you seemed really sad after finding out that they fled the country again."

Suho sighed and pulled over on the side of the road. He unlocked the doors. Seulki looked at him. "Leave. Leave now. Leave Korea. I don't need your help. My friends are fine enough. I don't need you back in my life," he said.
Seulki scoffed, but got out of the car. Just as she slammed the door shut, Suho sped off just as she did. She watched Suho drive away.

****

You glanced at Kai. "Can you... Tell me the story of Suho and Seulki?"
Kai looked at you. "I don't think you should hear it from me," he said. "Hear it form Suho hyung. He has the real facts," he said, obviously, he knew, but didn't want to tell you about it.

You sighed and nodded. You and Kai were just minutes away from your house. Passing by restaurants, filled with families having the time of their lives. Children ran pass you and Kai, with snowballs in their hands, chasing their siblings, as their parents chased after them. A couple of children ran towards you with snowballs. But the children didn't realize that you were in their way. Kai grabbed your wrist and pulled you closer to him, letting the children run pass you. You glanced at Kai, who glanced back at you. You then glanced at your wrist. Kai, for some reason, felt his heart beating rapidly. Touching your wrist, he felt the coldness of your hand. Moving from your wrist, he intertwined his fingers to yours.

He continued to stare at you. "Your hands are cold as ice..." he said. Still with your fingers laced to his, he stuffed his and your hand in his winter jacket pocket. "Now they'll be warm," he said. His face slowly lit up a gentle smile. You had this weird feeling, the same feeling when you were with Suho, but a bit different. With Suho, you felt secured. With Kai, it was different. Something you couldn't explain. Kai gently squeezed your hand, and the both of you began to start walking back.


Short chapter. ouo
I'm still deciding if it should be a love triangle, or a love rectangle, like you guys said. xD But for now, I'll mess with Kai and Eunbi's heart.
So, this is
Just Strangers. The next fanfic I'll finish working on. I'll add a few EXO members. After JS, I'll work on Lay's story.