Another Side

Identical

Click "Play All" so you can enjoy some music while reading

 

 

❈                                           ❈                                   ❉                                             ❉                                                                                                                       ❈                 ❈                  ❈           ❈

Chapter 9 Another Side
 Kwangmin P.O.V.



“You should have said sorry to avoid the pain.” Jieun scold as we walk to school. I lean on the brick wall for supports, because my legs are numb from the pain.

“No. I haven’t done anything wrong.” I protested.

She chuckled after my words, “That is actually what Youngmin will say.” Then she follow it with a real smile. She reached into her bag, and search for something.

It some kind of medicine. “Put them on your leg, so you can at less join club activities.” She hand it to me then walk ahead without me.

I takes the white round shaped bottle. It feels warm not the bottle, but my heart. She is a nice girl, can’t blame that Youngmin is so protective.

“Is this some kind of evil prank?” I , while try to follow up.
She laughed cheerfully knowing that is a joke, “Yes. Use it and you will cry like a girl.”

“Do you miss Youngmin?” I ask.

She nodded as an answer and the smile disappears. “You treat me nicely because I look like him.” I didn’t ask that, because I already know the answer.

“Yes.” She reply with a simple word.
*
Class start like normally. I pretend to listen, because a full scholarship student can’t daze off. I am still not use to sticking to Jieun like Youngmin yet, so during the club activity I snuck up to the rooftop.
Minwoo jump down from the fence he is sitting on as I walk up the stairs. “Kwangmin. Annyong.”

“Sorry... but I am Youngmin.” I act innocent try to fool him, but he is not gullible.

Minwoo burst into laughter, “Stop it. I saw everything. You come out the car and ran to help the commoner. You know lies don’t work on me.”

“Yah..” I change my tone to command him. “Don’t tell anyone.”

“I won’t. So why are you doing this?” I almost forgot that he has to know everything. “For fun again?”

“No. I want to try another life.” I lean on the fence, so he can’t tell that I am in pain.

“Ke....” He makes the sound with his throat. “Rich prince want to buy a life now, but I don’t think switching life is easy.”

“‘They treat you nicely, is because you are rich. I am same as those liar......’”  

“Damn it! Don’t talk about it! You are going lose your mind again.” He cuts me off with an angry tone. The mood suddenly change. Minwoo’s brow furrowed and then follow with deep sigh.

“He is the reason. Why I want to escape this life... ” My voice turn out a bit shaky.

Minwoo didn’t reply, because he knows what I am thinking. We stay on the roof till school end, but we didn’t exchanging a word.

 

Jieun P.O.V.
 

Kwangmin is nowhere to be found. He must have drank some invisible poison again to escape class. I sat by the bench near the garden, where we played hide and seek last time. The only difference is Youngmin is not here. I almost fell into sleep while enjoying the nature. Until, someone call my name.

“Jieun.” It must be Tia. She is running towards me with a bright smile. “I see. Sleeping beauty is trying to take a nap. Huh?”

“I am not sleeping beauty.” I laughed.

“Oh. ” She stop me with excitement. “I am going to join the track for next week. You want a join?”

“Sure.”
“Ok. I will go sign you up.” Then she is about to change to another topic.
“Wait. Tia. I have a question.”
“Sure.” She placed herself next to me and listen with full concentration.

“Could you tell me more about Kwangmin?” She look surprised when the question came out. I didn’t mean to dig up his past. I just want to make sure that Kwangmin is the only child.

“Well.” Tia browse her brain for information. “All I know is Kwangmin is a single child and he only have Mrs. Jo in his family. His family is weird.”

She is like an encyclopedia, had all the information. “His suddenly had a dad on his twelfth birthday, but unfortunately his dad pass away after a few month.”

“Are you sure he is the only child? Because he is too similar to …” I stop myself to prevent exposing the secret.

“Uh?”
“Nothing. Continue.” I quickly reply.

“Oh. Also Kwangmin’s best friend is Minwoo, who is a big flirt.” She commented. “Ah..I remember now.  I heard that there is a rumor. During six grade, Kwangmin almost jump off the building because of someone. I don’t know for sure though.”

My eyes grew round in disbelief. I am overwhelmed with the shocking information. “But It’s just a rumor it can’t be true with his stubborn attitude and cold personality.” She added after seeing my shocking face.

“ Why are you asking about him anyway? ” She look at me with suspicious eyes. “Uh! You like him?” Her jaw drop and quickly turn into a evil smile.

“No. I am just curious.”

She sighs, “Well too bad. Event if you do like him, he is in the hospital right now. Poor Kwangmin.”
I almost forgot that Youngmin is Kwangmin now.  

*
Kwangmin finally uncover himself when the bell rings. I run after him as he walk out the school, “Where are you all this time?”

“With Minwoo.” He walk with his head down as I follow. It seems like something is bothering him.  He didn’t complaint today or ask me anything. Most oddly, he didn’t have any prince attitude today.

“Why do you want to switch with Youngmin?” I started with a question.

“To find a new life.” He sounds robotic. I run up to him, so we are walking side by side.
Kwangmin lower his head so his bangs cover his eyes. “Why Youngmin though? You can always run out and start one yourself.”

“Because....” He paused, there is something stopping him. Then he turn away from me, so I can’t see his expression.“I am jealous of him. Even since I found out...” A long pause followed. He stop walking and turn to the other direction, so his back is facing me. Why is he being like this? He had a fight with Minwoo?


I grab onto his arm and turn him around. “Yah. Kwangmin. Finish talk....ing.” His eyes are red and watery. There are tear trail on his silky white face. He turn his head to the right to avoid my stares.

Suddenly, I feel a little closer to him that before. The cold and arrogant personality is just the act of his mask...

✲                            ✲                                     ✲                                            ✲                                            ✲                                                                             ✲                                               ✲

From LovebeingaELF

Thank you for reading Chapter 9 ^ ^

                                              I am sorry. I haven't update in like weeks.

                                                                                             School is about to start so I am getting more busy T^T

Comment or Subscribe :) They make my day. Have a nice day Readers :)

"School... School o.o"