The Secret

Identical

Click "Play All" so you can enjoy some music while reading

 

 

❈                                           ❈                                   ❉                                             ❉                                                                                                                       ❈                 ❈                  ❈           ❈

Chapter 10 Difference
Kwangmin P.O.V.



I am laughing and holding my stomach with my arms, then I wipes the tears from the corner of my eyes, “Got ya. I am such a good actor.” Then I push Jieun’s hand away, however she is still in disbelief.

“You go home first. I need to go somewhere to meet Minwoo..” I quickly walk ahead of her and take a fast turn on the end of the street, so I am out of her sight. I can’t cry in front of her. "Kwangmin your actting ." I mutter to myself.

My feet lead me to a playground. The empty playground with a squeaky old swing on the side.  I throw my book bag to the ground and sat on the swing.

The sky turn into orange color as the sun start to disappear. The yellow sunset calms the playground. A perfect place to relax. The street lights are flashing in it's rhythm. I lift my head up to the sky and close my eyes.

 

~Flashback~

“This is your dad. Kwangmin.” Mother smiled. I didn’t remember how she looks like.
“Annyoung. Kwangmin.” A man kneeled down to me. He was wearing a high class suit and a pair of sunglasses.

“I am your father. Jo Kwangmin. Sorry. I didn’t come back earlier.” I remember his voice is very warm and comforting. My mother told me that he was successful man and travel around the world.  Later, I found out it was just a lie to avoid my questions.

“From now on, your father will be taking care of you. Ok? Kwangmin.” The blank face woman asked me again. I nodded and gave my brown teddy bear to the man.He laughed and picked me up.

I was seven years old, when my father came back for me. Everyday felt different than before. I treasured the days that I spend with my father. He taught me about life and more. I always thought he was the only one who care about me like a family. However when I turn eleven, everything he said turn into lies. I can’t trust those words anymore.

***********

A few days after my eleventh birthday, I got a new that my father was dying in the hospital. Minwoo, who is hanging with me rushed to the hospital too.

Tear drops splashed on father’s hand. My vision was blurry. I can’t see his face clearly. He takes my hand and held it tightly. I loved my dad. He only been here for a few year but I loved him more than anyone.

“I am sorry. I come back so late. Kwangmin.” I shook my head as I wiped away my tears. “I will tell you a secret before I go to sleep.” His eyelid looks heavy, but he try to stay awake.

“Minwoo.” I tell Minwoo to go way, but dad stop him. “Minwoo take care of Kwangmin and help him when he is in trouble.” Minwoo nodded as his tear washed his face.

Father look back at me with a light smile. “Kwangmin. Those people who are always praising you and saying they love you are not real. They treat you nicely, is because you are rich. And.....”

There is a long pause till he began to speak again. “Unfortunately, I am the same as those liar.” I just took in the words without thinking. He is a liar... My tears stopped and there was no reaction from me.

Then he pulled my ear towards him and whispered the secret. His eyes closed as he finished the sentence.

***********


I stood up from the swing as I calm down. The stars are visible and bright now. The sun was devoured by darkness. It’s time to head back. I pick up the book bag and trace back the trail that I come from.

After my dad pass away, I found out the meaning behind his words. The reason he suddenly becomes my dad again is because he beg my mother to help him. She gave him money so I can have a father again. He was not rich or successful.

Those words affect me deeply, because I always thought he is the greatest dad on earth. I went through a depression after his death. Even though, I got over it because Minwoo’s annoying rescues.

I still won’t forgive him and myself. I never will because he makes me hate my life.

“Kwangmin! “ Jieun run up to me with angry face and interrupting my thought. “Where have you been? Umma and Appa are worried and that crying prank was not funny. You scared me dude.”

“Sorry.” I reply with a pouty face.
She pauses and pulls on my cheeks, “Smile. You are bringing my mood down.”

I chuckle as she laugh at my disfigured face. “If you have any problem come tell me. I will listen. I will listen to you as Kwangmin, and not Youngmin.” Then she finally let go of my cheeks. “And... I didn’t see you as Youngmin. You are Kwangmin, the one and only Kwangmin.”
Then father’s voice enters my head, “There is another you in the world. I have own you two so much that I can’t pay off. If you see him one day, help me say that I am sorry. I am a horrible father.”  Jieun. I really want your help, but the “another you” he mentioned in his secret could be Youngmin.

Youngmin P.O.V.

A strong light shine through my eyelid. Slowly, I lift them up. The blurry object in front of me becomes more visible. I move my eyes from right to left and examine the place. This place is not familiar to me.

Who am I ?

“Kwangmin!”

✲                            ✲                                     ✲                                            ✲                                            ✲                                                                   ✲                                               ✲                                               ✲

From LovebeingaELF

Thank you for reading ^ ^. Hope you liked :>.

                                                                   Youngmin is coming back \(^o^)/ YAY....

                                                                                            Comment or subscribe they always make my day.  I apologize on my bad grammar. I will try my best :). Hwating.....└(^o^)┘

" I just woke up ;-;" "Wait. why am I sleeping? - - "