The Chase

The Notorious Playboy?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The crowd was thickening and it was getting harder for the twelve of them to pass through together. Everyone was up and moving trying to get to the activity tents.

“Bro, we might lose them in this crowd,” Suho said.

“We may lose Krystal but not Luna – remember she is attached to me,” Kris muttered.

“Is she wearing it?” Suho asked.

“It was too far for me to tell, all I could see was her beautiful face – then she lost that smile,” he muttered again.

“Bro, they are entering the Blue Hall,” Chanyeol pointed out and the twelve went toward that direction.

“Unnie, let’s go through this building so we have more room to run, it’s too crowded outside,” Krystal suggested as the two entered the building.

“But wouldn’t a crowd be better for us so they can’t catch us – if there is more space, there is more room to run for them,” Luna added.

“Oh crap! It’s too late to turn back – how do we get out?” Krystal asked.

“How would I know?” Luna exasperated.

Down the hall the two turned a corner looking for a way out and suddenly they hear voices. They could hear Kris and
Suho telling the others to split up and someone said the building was designed as a maze, so there is no way they can find their way out in the dark building.

Luna and Krystal froze. The two stared at each other – dead meat. Good thing they were wearing tennis shoes otherwise they be in trouble.

“Where now? Krystal whispered as they reached a dead end, all that was left for them to do was go upstairs.

“Up,” Luna whispered.

“Can you trace her?” Suho voice echoed down the hallway. Both Krystal and Luna froze halfway up the stairs as they heard the two voices nearer.

“It’s not picking her up,” Kris said in a frustrated tone.

“Trace you?” Krystal whispered.

Luna shook her head having no idea what they meant.

“Let’s keep going, we need to find a map or something to get us out of here,” Luna whispered.

“I can’t believe we’re running from them,” Krystal finally said.

“It was your idea and why are we running from them?” Luna finally asked.

“Well, did you want to hear an excuse from him tonight?” Krystal asked bluntly.

“No,” Luna answered.

“Then let’s keep moving, I wished Vic was here, ah she would know what to do,” Krystal whined.

At the top of the staircase, the two stuck their heads out scanning the hallway to make sure it was clear before stepping onto the floor.

“Look, exit sign is over there by that door, let’s head over there,” Luna suggested.

“Good eyes, let’s go,” Krystal agreed.

They were no more than 20-feet from reaching that door until they heard running footsteps headed their direction, the two quickly ducked down behind the desk on that floor hoping they would just run through without checking anywhere.

“Bro, the fourth and fifth floors are clear, Lay and the others are scanning the third floor as we speak,” Luhan spoke into his speaker.

“What about the second floor?” Kris asked over the speaker.

“We’re doing a run through – how is the first floor?” he asked.

“First floor is clear, if the rest of the floors are cleared then they got to be stuck on the second floor somewhere,” Suho claimed.

“And be weary of all the exit doors on the second floor, they’ll aim for those, especially Luna,” Kris stated.

Both Luna and Krystal who were still behind the desk glared at each other – oh we’re dead meat alright! The two tried to calm their breathing down since Luhan was nearby. They heard more footsteps running the same direction.

“Clear,” they all said.

“Bro, the second floor is clear,” Luhan announced.

“What about the third floor?” Kris asked.

“Third floor is more complicated, Lay and the rest are still scanning – we’ll head up since our floor is clear,” he replied.

“Sounds good,” Suho added.

As the footstep disappears, the floor became silent again and both Krystal and Luna could breathe again.

“That was close,” Krystal whispers.

Luna nods. The two uses the desk as their hiding tool as they peek out from both sides making sure the hallway is clear before making another move. The hallway was clear and the two began moving toward the door with the EXIT
sign.

Luna pushed open the door and both Suho and Kris were standing outside that door with their back to them.

The two gasped. But Suho and Kris heard a sound and turned around to find themselves facing the two girls they were running after. Krystal quickly pulled the door shut and grabbed Luna running the same direction they came from before. The two were fast runners – by the time Kris and Suho got the door opened, since it’s harder to open from the outside, the girls were already halfway down the stairs.

“Same direction, unnie come on faster,” Krystal ushered the two down the same path that they’d entered from.

“Luna!” Kris shouted from behind them. They didn’t dare to look back but could hear tons of footsteps coming from the same direction – or so they thought.

“Luna stop!” Kris shouted again.

They were almost at the door that they entered from but suddenly Luhan, Lay, and Tao appeared in front of them like magicians.

“Move!” Krystal shouted while running toward their direction. They shook their heads.

“Right door,” Luna whispered.

“Got it!” Krystal whispered back.

The two ran like they were to run through them but at the last second, the two diverted and ran to the right door that was not blocked and out they went but the boys were not far behind them.

“We can lose them through the meditation forest, they won’t know the route,” Luna suggested.

“Let’s go!” Krystal agreed. And the two ran in the direction of the forest with twelve boys in pursuit.

“Luna stop!” Kris shouted again.

Luna continued to run with all her might.

“Krystal, stop!” Suho shouted from behind. And suddenly the two were alone, they diverted through the trees and limbs crossing over the rocks that were used on a daily routine for meditation. This was their campus now – their territory.

After awhile the two notices that they no longer heard voices or anyone running after them and it was very dark.

“Unnie, I think they gave up,” Krystal gasped.

“I hope you’re right,” Luna agreed.

“They probably got called back to assist with those girls that came with them,” Krystal thought.

“Why is Suho yelling for you?” Luna asked out of the blue.

“What do you mean?” Krystal asked.

“Suho was yelling for you, did something happen and you’re not telling us?” Luna asked.

“No, nothing. I don’t even know him and plus I’m more worried about you – I just don’t think we should trust them,” Krystal finally said.

“Krystal, if something is bothering you, you can tell me, and if you don’t want me to tell Vic or the others, I won’t for now,” Luna said.

Krystal hesitated.

“It happened that day when we came over to check on you,” Krystal started to explain.

“Uh huh,” Luna urged her to go on.

“He said something that really bothered me,” she continued.

Luna nods.

“He said once you’ve run into us, you won’t be able to run away

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter