The Changes

The Notorious Playboy?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Luna, can you hear me?” Someone asked.

“She’s coming around.  Please be patient,” someone else said.

Slowly she sees light.  Blinking once.  Blinking twice.  Squinting to get a clearer view – the first person she sees is the doctor and his nurse.

“Miss Luna.  Can you hear me?” He asked.

Luna nods.

“Can you see me?” He asked.

Luna nods again.

“Are you having any head pain?” He asks again.

She thought about it for a moment and then shook her head.

“Very good.  Now do you remember what happened?” He asks.

Luna finally taking the time to look around the room and sees her parents, her sister Lulu, her friends: Victoria, Sulli, Krystal, Amber, Onew, and Minho.  Then she also sees twelve good looking princes standing evenly in one straight line.  One person stood out the most to her.

 

“Kris…..” she whispers softly.

“Uh.  Yes.  That’s Kris but do you remember anything before today?” The doctor asked again.

 

Luna closes her eyes and tried to remember as much as she could.

~ The beginning:  Met Kris and his friends.

~ The middle:  Found out about Kris’s secret background and that there are many other girls that all loves him.

~ The present:  She found out that she was pregnant.  Kris had an evil uncle.  She had an evil aunt.  And the last place she was at – the factory where she along with her friends and parents were held as hostages.

 

Snapping up into a sitting position, she then felt an immediate pain shot from her shoulder region as well as her abdominal area.

“Not too fast Luna,” the doctor helped her lie back down onto the bed.

“My shoulder……….my baby?” she gasps.

The doctor took a deep breath and shook his head.

“Your injury had a minor effect on your baby however it did contribute to a fall that cause you to lose your baby prematurely.  Unfortunately with cases like these, it would have been difficult to save your baby, and for that I’m sorry for your loss,” he explained slowly.

“My baby is gone?  I had a fall…?” Luna repeated not believing a word of it.

“You took a shot for someone.  That shot was at close range causing you to fall down hard hitting something that knocked you out completely,” he nods.

 

“Someone was aiming at Kris, I ran to tell him but after that everything went black,” Luna tried to remember the small details.

“It will take some time.  I’ll let your friends fill in the holes,” the doctor told her before leaving the room to attend to another patient.

“What happened?” Luna asked again.

“We were on our way out but you fought off your guard and ran toward danger.  We didn’t see what you were looking at but it was already too late.  A gun shot went off and you collapsed in front of Kris,” her mother started to explain.

“The sniper…” Luna whispers.

“The sniper was meant for your aunt and her goons.  It was your aunt that shot you,” her father corrected.

Luna was astonished.

“But she’s in a better place now but it will never equal to what you have lost,” her mother continues to comfort her.

“And before you ask, mom and dad already grilled Kris for the ‘baby’ issue.  It is a great loss to you both but I hope you won’t be too disappointed either,” Lulu comforted her.

“But I really wanted this baby,” Luna started to shed tears.

“I understand honey but you should not have a baby until you are settle down,” her father tried to comfort her.

“We could have gotten married,” Luna cried.

“You could but how happy would you be if you two came together just for the purpose of raising a baby together?” Her father asks.

“Hon, they’re both grown adults now – drop the subject,” her mother interrupt the unstable yet awkward conversation.

“I’ll take mom and dad out so you can visit with your friends and we’ll come back later to check on you,” Lulu suggested pushing their parents out the door.

Luna could only nod.

 

After her parents left with her sister, her friends surround her smiling and looking stress free.

“I know what you’re already going to say – you don’t have to tell me,” Luna waved off Victoria’s lecture.

“I was going to say – you look better today than five days ago,” Victoria told her gently.

“Five days ago?” Luna repeated.

“You’ve been out for five days and even if you woke up, you were still out of it,” Victoria explains.

Luna became confused.

“Meaning these guys have been in the hospital and out before you were even stabilized,” Amber rephrased the answer.

“Why were they hospitalized?” Luna abruptly asked.

“In the process of rescuing you, Krystal, Onew, along with all your parents – someone was bound to get hurt,” Sulli answers in place of everyone.

“And before you ask, our injuries were only minor but hospitalization was only necessary because of our mothers – remember they’re all doctors here,” Chanyeol quickly spoke up.

“But we’re all okay now,” Tao added happily.

“My memory must be really bad if I cannot even remember how that happened,” Luna was shaking her head back and forth.

“It happened after you went down but I guess you need to speak with Kris privately so we’ll all step out for a moment,” Victoria inserted and pushed everyone out one by one.

 

After everyone left the room, she only had Kris to look at and this time the room even feels smaller than when it was packed from before.  Taking the time to look at him, she noticed how exhausted and drained he looked.

“How are you?” She asked.

“I’m fine.  How are you feeling today?” He asked.

“I don’t know.  I want to cry but I don’t have the energy.  I’m upset that I’m missing out on something again,” she spilled out with much frustration.

“What can I do?” He asked.

“I only want you to hold me and tell me everything will be fine again,” she whispers gently.

 

Climbing onto the bed, he pulls her into his embrace.

“Why do I have a feeling something is very wrong?” She asks.

“Everything will be fine Luna. In the end, everything will be fine,” he assures her.

“But…” she started to say but was silence when he covered using his bare hand.

He took a deep breath.

“Listen to me closely Luna.  I’m going to be away for the rest of this semester.  My condo is still your home and I want you to remain there for as long as you want to or even until I return,” he starts to say.

“You are safe from anymore danger.  Bo will remain as your driver until I come back,” he continues to say.

She attempted to say something but it made no sense since was still covered.

“I don’t want you to ask why because I, myself do not have an answer.  Everyone will be gone until next semester so you now have the chance to be normal again,” he adds.

Then he takes another deep breath.

“You’ll be free to date whomever you want and by the time I come back, you can give me your final answer,” he said without looking at her in the eyes.

Now she was struggling for a release.  He finally released her after the nurse came in carrying her routine injections for pain.

 

“Time for your medication,” she announces.

While the nurse was administering her shots, he shook his head indicating her to remain quiet and compliant until she left the room.  As soon as the door closes after her, Luna was already raging with discontent.

“What are you trying to say?” She literally shouted at him.

“I’m asking for a break and I thought you could use one too,” he finally said it.

“You want a break after this – why?  Is it because I’m no longer needed?  No more danger?  Not carrying your child?” She asked all at once.

“Luna, please don’t try to misunderstand me,” Kris pleaded gently.

“Misunderstand you?” Luna repeated.

“Yes. You’re misunderstanding all of this.  Just remember I will always love you but you’re right, we do need some air between us to recuperate. If I had only listened from the beginning, you wouldn’t be here lying in this bed,” he tries to explain.

“You want me to see other men while you’re gone – why?” She asks.

“To make sure you know what you really want without any influences interfering with your decision,” he slowly elaborates.

“And where are you going to disappear off to again?” Luna asks.

“We have some unfinished business to handles that it’s not related to this therefore we need time to clean it up,” he answers without giving her an exact answer.

“Unfinished…business,” her speech begins to slur.

“Yes, unfinished business that does not concern you,” he said again.

“Why am I so dizzy?” She wondered.

“It’s probably your medication.  Remember what I said Luna – I’ll be back for you,” he said one last time before she drifted off to sleep.

 

When she woke up, the only people in her room were her friends: Victoria, Sulli, Amber, and grumpy Krystal.

“Good morning,” Victoria greeted her with a warm smile.

“Where is everyone?” She asks.

“Everyone… you’re parents are eating with your sister.  Onew and Minho had something to do.  And the guys…they just disappeared,” Amber shrugged.

“They’re all gone.  If he wanted a clean break, he should have just said so,” Krystal mumbled.

“Something happened between the two of you too?” Luna asked.

“He wanted a break or at least that’s his excuse,” Krystal grumbled.

Luna slowly nods.  She felt the same disappointment in her as well.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter