The Next Step

The Notorious Playboy?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“What’s so funny about this?” Luna was not laughing.

“Nothing.  I’m just surprise Elly that took this into her own hands.  Normally she never bothers with my personal matters,” Kris eyes were filled with tears of laughter.

“You mean she never interferes with your business…before?” Luna asked for clarification.

He nods wiping away his fallen tears of happiness.

“Why is that?” Luna wonders.

“Growing up, I don’t think she thought of me as a real brother except as another family member she is associated with,” he starts to explain.

“Am I going to like this story?” Luna interrupts.

“I don’t know but anyways she always doubted herself as another family member.  Then when she got really ill, she relied more on us than anyone else and I don’t think it was until maybe five years ago she started to open up to us when the doctor told her she might not make it till her 21st,” he explains.

Luna slowly nods.

“So for her to take matters into her hands, shows me that she does consider me more than just another family member but a brother she possible see as one.  Before then, I always wanted her to take part in the family business but she always pushed it away and stated that she was too exhausted to do it and etc,” he continues to say.

Luna again taking all this in.

“So when I finally over heard her telling one of her friends that she didn’t want any parts of the family business since she was not blood related really hurt both me and my parents.  However lately she’s been asking how the finalization is on our last take over which surprises me that she may be taking a step toward the family business but then she feel sick again – leaving us all to worry again,” he explains.

“So do you think she’ll be able to fully recover from all of this?” Luna asks.

 

Kris sighs.

 

“I can only hope so.  Thankfully my bone marrow matches her and was able to give her a transplant not too long ago.  We still have a few more days left before she gets her blood counts again so we’ll have to wait and see,” he prays.

“The way she’s been acting I am hoping she is on her way to recovery,” Luna smiles.

“That’s Elly though – she likes to put on a tough front but deep inside, I know she must be in a lot of pain,” Kris shook his head.

“Does she know how much she means to you?” Luna asks.

“Maybe.  Or I guess I like to think she knows how I feel…” he shrugs.

 

Knock. Knock.

“Bro…is everything alright?” Suho asked from the other side of the door.

“Yes, what’s wrong Suho?” Kris asks.

“Um…you aren’t doing anything *dumb* are you?” He asks.

“No. What makes you think that?” Kris smirks.

“Well um okay.  We were just wondering that’s all,” he sighs.

“Don’t tell me the rest of you are lined outside of my room?” Kris asks.

“Us lined out here? Well….we’re not exactly lined up out here but we’re out here,” he mumbles.

“We’re fine guys but when I’m done in here – I’ll be coming after you boys,” Luna announces.

All you could hear was “oh boy” and a bunch of feet scrambling to get away.

 

“This should be interesting,” Kris murmured.

“It will be however I’ll deal with them my own way,” she smiles.

“That’s my Luna,” he smiles back.

“So are we good?” She asks.

“We were always good.  We were just taking a break,” he nods.

“No more break taking without my approval,” she suggest.

“As you command, my precious sweet one,” Kris smiles.

“And no more disappearing acts,” she added.

“Same goes to you,” Kris tossed back at her.

“It’s not fair though since you can trace me,” Luna pouted.

“Not after you took off that necklace,” Kris frowned.

“Do you still have the necklace?” She asks.

“Do you still want the necklace?” He asks.

“I don’t know….do I deserve the necklace back?” She wonders.

“The necklace is yours if you like however I don’t think I need to keep track of you since you value your independence,” he nods.

“But you would like to know where I am at most of the time,” she corrected him.

 

He slowly nods.

 

“That I can understand as long as you are using it for the right reason and not the other way around,” she nods.

“Let me go get it,” he smiles and walked toward the closet pulling out a small box.

 

Pulling out the small charm, he walks over and places the necklace around her neck once more.

“I miss you but I wanted it to be your choice,” he hugged her.

“I’m sure you weren’t too happy with my choice when I walked away,” Luna smiled.

“No, but it was not my right to say anything since I made the mistake of disappearing first,” Kris slightly shrug.

“Can I move back into your room or would your parents not find it appropriate?” Luna asks.

“I’ll move into yours since you have the ocean view,” he suggested.  “And it’ll be farther from all of my friends,” he coughed.

“Works for me,” she smiles.

“What about school?” He asks.

“I already emailed my professor so I’m okay here for the rest of the week,” she claps.

“After this week, I’ll send you back so you can focus on your school work but I won’t be able to rejoin you until next semester,” he told her.

“What if I wanted to study here too?” She asks.

“We’re currently completing our study through on line but we have to stay here since it will be easier to handle some business matter too,” Kris explains.

“But you’ll have more opportunities to do things for yourself without me around and plus you’ll feel better if the achievements were done by you instead of others thinking it was due to a high rank boyfriend as your backup,” he adds.

“I suppose you have a point,” she mumbles.

“But I’ll fly out to visit you and vice versa, I’ll fly you to visit me too,” he smiles.

 

“And before you say anything, yes you can trust me – I promise not to attend any events without you by my side,’ he adds.

“I wasn’t going to say anything,” she bit down on her bottom lips.

He just smiles at her.

“It’s been awhile since you’ve smiled….huh?” She wondered.

“Yes.  It’s been rough but I’m glad everything is coming together,” he nods.

“Well…I’ll leave you to do whatever you need to do.  I’m going to deal with them,” she gave him a soft kiss on his cheek before opening the door.

“Don’t hurt them too much.  They only mean well,” he reminded her before she closed the door.

 

 

As she walked through the corridor of the resort, she was looking for both Luhan and Kai.  Now where were they hiding out?

 

Heading out onto the balcony parlor looking over the ocean she sees Suho and Lay in a midst of a conversation.  The two quickly stood up and greeted her.

“Hi Luna,” they both smiled.

“Hi.  Where is Luhan or Kai?” She asks.

“Um…I’m not sure……..”Suho stuttered.

Luna paused.

“Right.  Technically it’s not their fault since you order them first,” she turned her attention back to him.

“Can I leave?” Lay asks.

“Did you take part in this?” She asks.

Lay quickly shook his head.

“Good.  You can leave,” Luna waved him off.

 

“Good luck,” Lay whispers before dashing away.

“How can I help you?” Suho literally stuttered.

“Care to explain why my call to Kris was re-routed to you?” Luna asks.

“Do I have to explain it?” Suho grumbles.

“Well Krystal likes an honest person who is loyal yet truthful – how can I vouch for that if you can’t tell me this one simple reason?” She challenges him.

“Geez.  Well……….if you really want the truth, I was tired of being a bystander who could not watch his best friend fall to a girl who clearly loves him as much as he loves her.  These two are so stubborn at teaching each other a lesson not realizing how much pain they are causing each other – so I stepped in to help,” Suho told her proudly.

“Is that why you sent Luhan and Kai?” Luna asks.

“Well they were the last two to leave and were much closer to you so I instructed them to follow up and if there was a way to bring you along then to do it,” Suho stated.

“They made it sound like someone was dying,” Luna shuddered.

“I left that part for them to handle at their own cost.  And not my fault if you fell for it,” Suho smile and shrug.


“You’re lucky I like you,” Luna smiles.

“Likewise,” Suho laughs.

“What do you think?  Will Elly be fine?” Luna asks.

“I don’t know either.  But we’ll find out soon enough,” Suho sighs.

“Are you missing her?” Luna asks.

“Yes.  But I have plentiful of pictures to look at for now,” he groaned.

“Why not ask her to come for the week?” Luna suggested.

“You think she’ll come?” He perked up.

 

“Don’t look at me, you’re the one that specialize in making up scenarios,” she answers.

He groaned again.

“It be nice to have other girls around here too so it’s not so quiet,” she added.

“Do I have to ask Victoria?  She seems scary but in a motherly way,” Suho groaned.

“No. And plus both her and Amber are very busy this semester too,” Luna points out.

“So you mean I can get her and Sulli to come without the other two even noticing?” Suho asks.

“Good luck, now I’m off to hunt down the other two,” Luna waved him off as she disappeared around the corner.

 

 

The swimming pool room.

 

Both Luhan and Kai were soaking their sore legs into the whirlpool when Luna walked into the room.  She found them at last although they spent most of the day being a busy body doing yard wor

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter