The Break 3

The Notorious Playboy?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“He can’t be….” Kris muttered.

“Oh crap,” Suho added.

 

Minho was now standing in front of them.  He looked grimed and exhausted.

“What are you doing here?” Luhan stepped out from his hideout now facing Minho with his gun in hand not sure whether he is an ally or enemy.

“Are you going to shoot an unarm person?” Minho asked sarcastically.

“Depends whether that unarm person came with a back up team or not?” Kai shouted from his hideout.

“So you’re all here…hiding out?” Minho asked again sarcastically.

“If I were you, I’d be more careful on how you want to approach this subject of matter – it’s twelve against one,” Suho warned him.

 

“Where are the girls?” Minho asked while glancing around.

“What girls?” Luhan asked sarcastically.

“You know who I am asking about.  And really I am concern about them, so where are they?” Minho asked again.

“Somewhere safe,” Kris replied coolly.

“When they are with you, they are not safe.  And both you and I know that – right?” Minho clarified.

“What do you want?” Suho demanded.

“So you’re the pushy one,” Minho snickered.

“What do you want Minho?” Kris asked this time.

“I need to know where the girls are,” Minho answered him.

“Why?” Kris asked again.

“From where I just left I need to know that they don’t have them cooped up somewhere,” Minho answered him earnestly.

“Then I can tell you, they are safe,” Kris informed him.

“They’re here?” Minho asked cautiously.

 

“Where did you come from?” Suho asked out of curiosity.

“Busan.  The resort that we stayed at the last time we came,” Minho answered slowly.

“What’s going on over there?” Luhan asked.

“Something tells me you guys knew it was going to happen – right?” Minho quickly caught on.

“Whether we knew it was going to happen or not, we learn to cover our tracks a long time ago,” Suho stated.

“Now I don’t know why they were looking for them but I do know that Luna is somewhat connected to your past,” Minho explained.

Kris froze in place.

“But if I am not mistaken, that track was supposed to be erased however it wasn’t and now they are looking for her to locate something that went missing years ago,” Minho continued to explain.

Kris remained speechless.  The rest of the boys slowly came out from their hideout and formed a circle around Minho.

“So what are you saying?” Luhan asked.

“What I am saying – if Kris would have left Luna alone and buried away, no one would be coming after her,” Minho stated.

“But that’s not your problem,” Suho tossed back at him.

“It’s not mine?  Luna is a friend of mine and Onew’s, how is that not my problem?” Minho asked.

 

“I only got one question for you buddy – how did you find us?” Lay asked him.

“Easy.  I am your tracker,” Minho answered.

They all froze.

“Tracker!  How in the world did you become our tracker?” Suho asked.

“Did you not know?  My uncle worked with all your fathers before your business started booming and then he passed away.  Who do you think runs that secret tracking business?” Minho tossed back at them.

“What!” They all shouted in unison.

“You mean – you knew who we were all along?” Kai asked.

“I knew you guys all along but it wasn’t for me to reveal myself to you guys unless it was necessary,” Minho replied.

“And now it is necessary?  In what way?” Luhan asked.

 

“Does your friends know about your sideline career?” Kris asked.

“Onew – no.  Luna and Krystal – no.  No one knows but now you guys do,” Minho answered.

“And why are you telling us?” Kris asked.

“Because my friends are in danger and I hate to tell you this but you have a traitor on your team.  And if you are not careful, they’ll catch her before you can react,” Minho warned Kris.

“Who is that traitor?” Kris asked.

“If I knew, do you think I be telling you myself?  No, I would have taken care of it by now but whoever it is, that person is leaking your whereabouts to them,” Minho pointed out.

“If you are the tracker – how are you tracking us?” Suho asked with much curiosity since only the twelve of them along with one person knew why they needed a tracker.

“You all have a ring with your initials.  It was created for your safety because of all the kidnapping situations you were all involved in due to your family background and/or enemies your fathers’ made on the way,” Minho stated.

They all sighed.

 

“It’s time to take the conversation inside,” Suho suggested.

Kris nodded.

In the house, they situated themselves in the sitting room while Luhan and Kai went downstairs to let out the girls.

 

In the basement, the girls were chit-chatting away while Krystal continued to flip through a series of articles related to Suho.

“What are you still reading?” Amber asked.

“Just old stuff,” Krystal vaguely replied.

“If it’s none of our business, just say so Krystal – don’t beat around the bushes,” Victoria stated calmly.

“Okay, it’s none of your business,” she replied with a warm smile.

“Got it,” Amber muttered.

They heard someone coming down the stairs.  It was fast and hard.

“Oh no….do you think…?” Sulli whispered.

“I don’t know.  But they shouldn’t be able to get in here if something did happen up there,” Krystal whispers back.

 

Someone was punching a code but it didn’t work.

“I don’t think it’s them…” Sulli whispers.

“Everyone grabs something to hit them with,” Victoria suggested.

They heard some shouting that did not come across clear and again someone punching another code.  Still the door didn’t barge open.

A few minutes went by and they heard some more fast and hard steps – maybe another person or two running down the stairs again.

And again, another code was being punched into the keypad – this time the door barged open.  Sulli was the closest to the door and she swung at the first person who appeared when the door opened.

 

Chanyeol.

 

All the other girls froze.  Chanyeol was standing there gripping the side of his head with a small gush of blood seeping down the side of his face.

“So this is what I get for running down stairs with the correct pass code – I should have stayed where I was…” Chanyeol muttered.

“I…….am……..so…………sorry,” Sulli stuttered.

Both Luhan and Kai were shocked but at the end they managed to released a chuckle. 

“This is not funny,” Chanyeol muttered and turned around heading back up the stairs followed by Sulli who felt really awful for hitting him with a wooden baseball bat.

“Is everything okay?” Krystal asked the two.

“Yes.  It was just Minho,” Luhan answered.

“Minho oppa!  What is he doing here?” Krystal asked.

“Um……………….well….” Kai started to explain but Krystal dashed away.

 

 

Meanwhile in the sitting room, Suho and Minho were disputing over the area coverage and safety net – they didn’t notice the group appearing from downstairs.

“Look, I trust your word on this safety net but from my perspective – this will fail in the long run,” Minho tried to reason with Suho.  The two were standing at the kitchen bar looking over the map. 

From Krystal’s view, it looked like Minho was going to attack Suho – and she cannot let that happen just because she was dragged here unintentionally.

 

She runs over and pushed Minho away and stood in front of Suho trying to defend him against Minho.

“Um hello Krystal….how are you?” Minho asked.

“What are you doing here?” Krystal demanded hastily.

“Um that would be my question to you – what are you doing here?” Minho turned it around.

Before Krystal could respond someone else in the sitting room asked what happened to Chanyeol’s head.

“Um…it was an accident,” Sulli replied somberly.

Both Luhan and Kai began laughing.

“What is so funny?” Suho asked.

“We thought it was someone trying to get into the safe room to harm us,” Krystal answered embarrassingly.

Suho took one glance at Luhan and Kai – then shook his head.

“Let me guess, you two forgot the code - again,” he guessed correctly.

“It was too long to remember,” Kai whined.

 

“Since Sulli botched him up, I say she could fix him up,” Xiumin commented while holding in his smile.

Chanyeol muttered something stomping toward the bathroom with Sulli treading behind him.

Krystal now turned her attention back to Minho.

“Oppa, why are you here?” Krystal asked again.

“I’m here for business,” Minho answered vaguely.

“Business?  What kinds of business do have out here?” Krystal asked.

“A personal one,” Minho again answered vaguely.

“Look, if you’re angry about me being with them again – then take it out on me and not them,” Krystal stated. 

“Who said I was angry?” Minho asked curiously.

“Well if you aren’t angry, why were you all in Suho’s face?” Krystal asked.

“I wasn’t in his face….” Minho tried to explain.

“Well what were you two discussing then – you looked angry,” Krystal interrupted.

“Krystal, it’s okay.  I’m fine.  And Minho is right, were discussing about something intently and it may have seem like he was upset but he had his reasons,” Suho spoke up.

 

Minho shook his head.

“Krystal, I thought I was your friend.  You should know me better than that,” Minho added.

“I’m sorry.  It just looks like you were having another go at him again,” Krystal apologized.

Minho nodded.  He now knew where she stands and like Onew, he also had no choice but to let her go.  Now, he will just return to do what he is good at – protecting others from the sideline until they are 100% safe and then he can close the door to his uncle’s past for good.

“Like I said, I am here for personal businesses so don’t worry, I won’t interfere with your break,” Minho stated cautiously.

“Why don’t you girls go enjoy the beach?  We’ll have a barbeque later tonight and we’ll talk some more,” Suho suggested.

“I get it.  Time to mind our own business,” Krystal muttered and walked away with Victoria and Amber following her.

 <

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter