The Unexpected Trip Home

The Notorious Playboy?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Yes, it’s true oppa,” Krystal answered softly.


“Why him?” Minho asked. He was angry but at the same time he was trying to calm himself down.

“Minho, just leave it. She made her choice, now it’s the time to just let her go,” Onew advise gently.


“But hyung…….how am I supposed to let someone go that I’ve wanted for a long time?” Minho asked sadly.


“You just have to and it wasn’t meant to be,” Onew told him gently to ease the pain.

“Onew is right Minho, the only way to move forward is to let go,” Victoria agreed.


Minho sat back down and turned his attention away from the group and gazed out the window staring at the endless group of clouds they have descended upon. Luna felt a pool of pain and sorrow – was that how Onew felt when she left him for Kris? She didn’t do it intentionally however Onew didn’t pursue as much as Minho to Krystal.


What a trip!

The rest of trip home was very quiet. Everyone was minding their own business. Krystal couldn’t help but glance over now and then checking on Minho who has not change his expression from earlier. He was not the type to take on pity but she felt really bad. She used to like him a lot but as time went on, she lost that mutual feeling that she had for him.


Suho grasp onto her hand and gave her a gentle smile assuring her everything will be fine. She trusted him even though she does not know enough about him, she trust him like Luna to Kris. The only thing she wants is happiness and to not regret anything in life.


As soon as the plane touched was parked, the doors flew opened, Minho charged out of the plane not saying a word to anyone. Onew and Key thanked them for the ride and went after him followed by Victoria, Amber, and Sulli. Suho dropped off Krystal at home while Kris drove Luna back to his place. The rest of the others went back to the condo to research the unknown attack.

“I’m going to look over my assignments in my room, I’m sure you have plenty to catch up on too,” Luna told Kris.


“I do. I see you later,” he agreed and walked toward his study.

 

In her room, instead of studying, she called Krystal who immediately answered.


“Unnie, what do I do?” Krystal asked in distress.


“I don’t know. What do you want to do?” Luna asked in return.


“I don’t know what to say to him. I’m sure he’s really upset and probably will ignore me for the rest of my life,” Krystal whined.


“Krystal, you’ve already made your choice, now you have to live with the consequences and I’m sure Suho will live up to his expectation,” Luna tried to explain.


“I know. But I can’t help but wonder sometime,” Krystal mumbles.


“Me too but I accepted my choice and both Onew and I came to an understanding, I’m sure Minho will too someday,” Luna responded positively.


“I hope you’re right,” Krystal finally sighed.


“You’ll be fine, now time to study,” Luna ushered.

 

The two hung up and turned their focus to their school work. Luna just finished skimming two chapters of her Art History textbook and her cell phone was buzzing. Caller ID: Daddy.

“Hi dad,” Luna answered happily.

“Luna, honey…….can you come home early this week?” Her dad asked softly.

“What’s wrong dad?” She asked in concern.

“Your mother had a fall and right now she is in the hospital, you’re sister can stay a couple of days to help with the restaurant but can you come home early on Wednesday and stay till Sunday night – I hate to ask you but if I don’t you’ll get mad later,” her father explained.

“Is mom alright? Is she badly hurt?” She asked quickly.


“Mom is fine. She sprained her ankle and wrist so she’ll be out for two weeks - do you think you can come?” He told her.

“I should be able to but let me go ask Kris to make sure nothing is going this weekend, hold on,” she told him and carried her phone with her as she heads toward Kris’s study.


She appeared so suddenly that Kris stood up in shock.

“What’s wrong Luna?” He asked in alarm.


“My mother had a fall and dad wants me to go home early this week,” Luna started to say.

“Is that him on the phone?” He asked urgently.


Luna nods. He signaled her to hand over the phone.


“Father, what’s wrong with mother?” He asked in a worried tone.

“Mother sprained her ankle and wrist. She’ll be fine in a couple weeks but I wanted Luna to come home early this week to help out with the restaurant if she can,” Luna’s father explained.

“Of course she can. Is there anything I can help with?” Kris asked genuinely.

“Right now, no but you’re welcome to come down and help if you can my son,” he told him happily.


“Well be down Wednesday afternoon and where is mother at right now?” Kris asked.


“She’s at the local hospital here in Daegu, Daegu University Hospital,” her father answered.


“We’ll check in with her and come down as soon as we can father,” he told him.

“Thank you Kris and thank you for understanding,” her father thanked him.

“No need to thank me father, I’m glad we can help,” he replied.


As soon as he hung up, he made a call to the hospital asking to speak with the insurance office but they were closed for the night. He left a message to call him back regarding the medical bills for Luna’s mother.

Luna was unsure why he was asking for her medical bills.

“Why do you need her medical bills?” Luna asked.

“So I can pay for it,” Kris told her.

“What. You can’t do that, my mother would be embarrassed,” Luna explained.

“Fine, I’ll pay for it in your name,” he suggested.

Luna frowned.


“Luna, this is not up for discussion. I highly respect your parents and if I can help out in any way I can, I will,” he stated firmly.


Luna continues to frown at him.


“Now go study, I’ll see you in bed later tonight,” he ushered her out.


“Bossy,” she mumbles.


“I heard that,” he said from the doorway as she walked back to her room.

 

The first couple days of the week flew back quickly and the girls did not see Onew or Minho hanging around campus. They agreed to give them at least a week to calm down before approaching them. By Wednesday, the two were on another plane flying to Daegu. Kris rented a car for the stay and the two stopped by a florist shop picking up flowers and then the local markets for fresh fruit trays before heading to the hospital.

 

Her mother was surprised by their unexpected visit since no one knew about the fall except for her husband and Lulu.

“Luna, don’t tell me your father called and got you all worried now too?” Her mother asked.

“Yes mom. Dad called me and I’m surprised you kept it from me,” Luna whined.

“I’m sorry honey. Hello Kris, how are you doing?” She asked.

“I’m doing well mother, how are you?” He asked with a soft smile that captured Luna’s attention from the beginning.


“I’m fine, you two did not have to come all this way, my injuries were not that major,” she pointed out.

Both Luna and Kris frowned.

“We brought flowers and fruits to cheer you up,” Luna said happily.

Her mother smiled at their thoughtfulness. While Luna was opening up the trays to arrange a plate for her mother, Kris pulled out another bag. It contains several books and magazine for leisure reading. Luna’s mother was speechless.

“I got a variety for you and since you’re probably so use to being in the kitchen, I found chef related materials that won’t bore you too much,” Kris he told happily.

“Thank you, that is so thoughtful of you,” she thanked him accepting the books.

Luna smiled at him.

“I’ll leave you two alone to catch up, I need to make some calls, I’ll be back for Luna in a bit since we’ll be staying to help out at the restaurant,” he told them and left the two alone.

“Honey, I think you found yourself a winner,” her mother brightly quoted.

“I hope so. I really like him and to be honest, I find it hard to believe that he would choose me out of all the girls he could have chosen from,” Luna exasperated.

“Oh honey……sometimes you w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter