The Message

The Notorious Playboy?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Suho allow her to admission the kiss but he controlled the pace since he wasn’t sure whether she was fully awake or still dreaming.
“Are you awake?” He asked in between breathes.
She nods.
“Do you know what you are doing?” He continues to ask.
She shook her head.
“Then why are you starting something you can’t finish?” He asked.
Krystal who is now more alert finally realized what she was doing – she started the kiss not even noticing that the two were still in bed. Suddenly she pushed herself away to give them some space in between.
“Are you awake now?” He asked again.
Krystal nods slowly.
“I kind of figure that out by your expression, aren’t you lucky I’m a nice guy,” he told her.
She nods slowly.

Getting up, he left the sheets on the bed for her since she wanted to cover herself up from him – he on the other hand padded over to the closet and pulled out an outfit and something for her to wear.
“Put this on and we need to have an adult talk,” he told her.
“Adult talk?” Krystal repeated.
“Yes, adult talk, I give you 10-minutes, meet me in the sitting room,” he told her again.
Krystal frowned.
Adult talk? Is he serious? Getting dressed and wrapping her hair in a high bun, she enters the sitting room waiting for him to come out of the bathroom.

“I am an adult,” she muttered to herself.
“You are but it’s time I define the line for you,” he said from behind her.
“Go ahead old man, please do since apparently I am still a kid,” she muttered.
“Technically you are still a kid, I’m 21 while you are only still 18 so that makes me a few years older than you – it’s time you understand where my lines are drawn,” Suho points out.
“And I need to know this because….” Krystal mumbles.
“Because the next time you make a move like you did today, I expect you to go through with it without me having to think twice before re-acting,” he answered.
“I didn’t do anything wrong – I only kissed you. If you’re that upset, then I won’t do it again,” Krystal points out angrily.
“You kissed me while we’re both still in bed and – what reaction did you expect me to have?” He asked.
“I don’t know. I’m not a guy,” Krystal answered gruffly.
“Some guys would push you for more, I on the other hand already know that you’re too young and naïve – I would never take advantage of you like that,” Suho answered calmly.
“If you say so – something tells me you’re very experience in this area,” Krystal points out annoyingly.
“Yes and no. But don’t change this into me – I want this to be absolutely clear to you,” Suho vaguely answered her question.
“What needs to be clear to me?” Krystal asked again.
“You start the intimacy interaction – then prepare to finish it,” Suho stated firmly.
“I’ll keep that in mind for next time or maybe after I’ve played around, I’ll get back to you,” Krystal responded sarcastically.

Without saying another word, Suho pulled her straight up to face him – she looked confused while he looked angry.
“Play around then we’re over. You want experience – then you can come to me but only if you’re going to finish what you’ve started. I don’t share partners and if you don’t like that then maybe we should end things before they become sticky,” Suho suggested.
Krystal remained silent.
“You’re very quiet. What are you thinking?” Suho asked.
She still remained quiet.
“If I scared you, I didn’t mean to,” Suho apologized.
“If I don’t sleep with you, you’ll dump me?” Krystal asked quietly.
Suho froze.

“I can sleep with you. I really can but I don’t know how to show it – it’s all new to me,” Krystal cried.
Suho frowned.
“I’m not like Victoria, I’m very quiet and keep to myself – I’m not good at expressing myself,” Krystal continue to explain.
“You want to sleep with me?” Suho asked cautiously.
“Yes. But every time I make a move, you push me away – like you don’t want me or I’m not good enough yet,” she answered softly.
Suho groaned.
“See, there you go again,” Krystal points out.
“How old are you Krystal?” Suho asked.
“18!” She answered.
“Yes, 18 – meaning too young to even be thinking about love,” Suho added.
“So you rather I be older,” Krystal thought out loud.
“Not older but wiser and mature,” Suho points out.
“Like Luna?” She asked.

“Mature like Luna – yes,” Suho responded.
“Hmph!” Krystal pouted.
“But I don’t want Luna, I like you a lot Krystal but when will you understand me the way I want you to,” Suho added sternly.
“I don’t know what you mean,” Krystal whined.
“Exactly my point,” Suho stated.

“I have some outside errands to attend to – I would bring you but I rather have you at home so you can study and focus on your studies,” he told her.
“That’s fine with me,” she muttered. She already knew that he didn’t think she was good enough to go out with him formally. She was still a child to him.
After he left she slumped down on the couch and tried to hold back the tears. Yes, she knew she’s always been the childish one out of the group but deep down she cares too. Externally, she is not very good at sharing her feelings or expressing it. Her nickname has always been – the smart mouth princess – but really she’s not like that. It’s just how she expresses herself.

Turning on the television to take her minds off of other things, Princess Diaries was playing so she decided to watch that in place of doing her homework. Maybe she could learn a few good things from the movie and the plus side, it was in English.

 

Entering the study, Kris was glued to his work, he didn’t even notice her entering the room. She quietly stood behind him as he looked at numbers. Numbers that she could never understand but someday if he fully trusts her maybe he’ll share his other half with her. Reaching over, she gave him a back hug. He stopped working and tried to look up.
“What’s wrong honey?” He asked.
“Nothing. I love you that’s all,” she murmured.
“Are you sure you still love me the same way?” He asked.
“No matter what happens, I will always be by your side – without you, I wouldn’t be here today,” she answered softly.
“Me neither, me neither,” he agreed.
“Do you need help?” She asked cautiously.
“Are you a good artist?” He asked.
“I’m decent depending on what you want me to draw,” she responded with a smile.
“Animals. Cute animals,” he told her.
“Cute animals?” She repeated.
“I’m hosting an annual party for all the cancer children at the hospital my mom works at and I need to design t-shirts and since you’re a girl, it may be easier for you to design them since most of the patients are little girls,” he explained.
“Oh. Of course. I love to help,” she responded.
“Pull up a chair and I’ll get you the stuff you need to sketch,” he pointed to the side of the desk she would be using.

She was excited, for the first time, he is letting her work with him. With a notepad and colored pencils, she sat their pondering on what types of animals to draw.
“Is there a theme?” She asked.
“Pink and white,” he said while calculating some numbers.
She immediately thought of bunnies. She begin sketching plain white bunnies, little ones, big ones, and then moved onto a new sheet to sketch a pink bunnies in flowers. The two worked away the afternoon until his phone rang.
“Hi mom,” he said happily.
“Uh huh….hmmm…I don’t know….yeah. I see. I’ll think about it,” he finally said before disconnecting from the call.
Looking at Luna who was deeply in her own little world of art – he smiled. He wanted her to take more of an active role in his life but wasn’t whether she wanted to or not until she knew the truth.
“Cute,” he said interrupting her vision.
“Is it okay?” She asked.
He nods.
“How many do you have so far?” He asked.
“This would be my 15th drawing,” she showed him.
“I like them a lot,” he told her honestly while looking through them.
Luna claps happily.
“Make sure you put your signature on each of them so when they go to print them onto t-shirts everyone will know the designer’s name and maybe someone will discover your talent,” Kris suggested.
Luna looked surprise.
“What? Don’t tell me you thought I was going to take credit for this?” He asked.
“It’s not that – I don’t think they’re that great to be given credit to,” Luna answered softly.
“Trust me. They’re perfect. I’m going to start on dinner while you sign all of those and then come join me,” he told her.
She nodded.

He was proud of her. She liked that feeling of being needed and wanted. But really she just wants to be with him at the end of the day. She quickly signed all the sheets and left the study to go help with dinner.

After the movie was done, flipping through channels was all she could do until someone caught her attention. It was prime time news and Suho was presented at the function like he stated he would be attending. He was posing with other people she didn’t recognize – must be from the company she thought. He looked so professional and handsome. She frowned again. What was a person like her doing with someone like him? Now she knows how Luna really felt since she was misplaced among them as well but everyone accepted her easily from the beginning. As for her – they tend to lecture her and make side comments – almost as if they don’t really like her.

After an hour of pondering she gathered her stuff and left a note on the fridge letting Suho know that she went home since her mom needed her help. Although it was not the truth, she hasn’t seen her parents for some time now and would like to spend some time with them and maybe it will help her discover her true self. Good thing he didn’t lock her in the house otherwise she be stuck here till he returns and who knows when that is – midnight?

At home her mother was in the kitchen making dinner and her father was in the sitting room watching the news. She sat down next to her dad who was watching the same channel she was watching

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter