The Drive

The Notorious Playboy?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Oh. You don’t have to tell me if you don’t want to,” Luna offered.

“Have you eaten dinner?” he asked in concern.

She shook her head.

“Let’s go to dinner and I’ll try to explain,” he suggested.

She agreed.

At Han River Bay Grill, the two ordered Kimchi stew and grilled shrimp sitting at the table nearest the window overseeing the Hans River.

“So before I go into detail, can I ask questions about you?’ he asked.

“Shoot.”

“Where are you from, since you’re staying at the dorms?” he asked out of curiosity.

“Daegu,” she answered.

“What does your parent do?” he asked.

“We have a small oriented family restaurant within the shopping district of Daegu,” Luna answered happily.

“Do you have any siblings?” he asked.

“One sister.”

“Do you miss your family?” he asked.

“I do but on the weekends I go down to help if I’m not overloaded with homework and exams,” she answered.

The food arrived.

“So what is this about - kidnapping -?” Luna asked.

“When I was in middle school, my driver dropped me off in front of our house so he could go park the car, it was raining hard and he didn’t want me to get wet, so on my way up the steps, it happened so fast, the next thing I knew a bag was thrown over me and I was tossed into another vehicle,” he started explaining.

Luna nodded.

“The next thing I knew, I was rescued but that was not after three days of non-stop negotiation between my parents and whomever that took me,” he continued.

“I was found after the money was delivered properly but the person who had me kidnap was never found, till this he is still out there,” he continued on.

Luna eyes were wide opened.

“So that’s why I drive alone but whomever is with me, I make sure they enter their secure building before leaving to avoid that same mistake,” he explained.

“What happened to the driver on that day?” Luna asked.

“He was with me until I got my own driver license and then he retired,” Kris answered.

“So you don’t need any body guard now even with that person still out there?” Luna asked with a concern in her voice.

“I can drive by myself but everything I own is secured to a tracking system so my whereabouts are always available to my security team,” he answered.

“Tracking device?” she questioned.

“Cell phone, car, shoes, and my watch,” he pointed too.

Luna was alarmed. Her expression said it all.

“What about your friends?” she asked.

“Same.”

“No privacy at all but what if the tracking device is not quick enough and something bad happened, what then?” she asked.

“I have two body guards following me 24/7 but they keep a good distance,” he answered.

Luna then looked around suspiciously.

He then press a button on his watch and two men in black suits came out from nowhere. The two sat down at their table, one next to him and the other next to her.

“Lu and Bo, this is Luna, my classmate from the new school merge, Luna my two personal bodyguards,” introducing the three.

Luna bowed and brought her eyes back to Kris.

“They must have body guards too, huh?” she asked.

Kris nods.

“Do they follow you while you’re at school too?” she asked.

Kris nods.

“How come I never see them or the others?” she asked. To this point Luna is completely shock even though she knows nothing, she knows enough that he is not a normal student.

“They keep their distance and will only appear when necessary, we like to keep our identity low key,” he answered.

“Identity? What do you mean by identity?” Luna asked.

“You have to admit, I’m not your typical Onew, I’m the unordinary Kris, I’m not normal and even if I wanted to be, it’s impossible coming from my background,” he answered gruffly.

“Yet you haven’t answered my question, who are you?” Luna asked. “All I know is that you are rich and you’re father is an engineer/designer, your mother is a surgeon, oh and you work for your father,” she continued.

He sat their silently.

A beep came in on the two bodyguard’s phone, they left the table and out the door. Luna tried to look over him to see where they were heading toward.

“All done?” he asked.

Luna nods.

He laid some bills on the tables and stood up holding his hand out for hers. She placed her hand into his and the two headed out toward where he parked the car. The two bodyguard signal a sign to him (2 + 1 and two claps). Kris nods and opened the door for her. She got in and not feeling to comfortable with the situation. He got in and started the engine and stared straight into the rear window mirror.

“What’s going on?” Luna whispered.

“We got two in one car about two yards away from our car, they just wanted me to be cautious, in case they decide to follow us,” he answered.

“Aren’t they supposed to stop them before they do?” Luna asked. She was now scared for his life and hers.

“Not if they aren’t following us, we can’t just assume, we need proof first,” he replied.

Luna took a deep breath.

“I hope you don’t have a roommate that will be worried about you?” he asked.

“No, I’m alone. No roommate,” she answered with a relief.

“Good. If they start to follow us, I will need to take us to my family’s safe house, which is outside of Seoul, I can’t go home since my parents are not home, so no security to protect us there,” he stated.

Luna nodded.

Kris pulled out and just like he thought, the car followed them. Luna kept on looking in the rear mirror to see if they’ll turn somewhere but on the freeway, they were still behind them but with a good distance.

“Hold on tight Luna, I need to lose them and my bodyguards will take it from there,” he stated.

Luna nods and closed her eyes.

She could feel the exhilaration and vibration on how fast they were going but she was not going to open her eyes to see how fast. She might just get car sick. Losing track of time, suddenly the car came to a stop. She opened her eyes and they were in a garage.

Kris got out and opened the door for her and took her hand. The two entered through a security code door and he flipped the switch and it was definitely something out of a movie. He secured the door and made a call to someone and entered another room while she stood in the middle of the sitting room admiring the decoration.

“Luna, come here,” Kris said from behind her.

She followed him into a room which was a bedroom. He laid some clothes on the bed.

“These are my clothes you can change into for the night, tomorrow I’ll take us to school,” he told her.

“But what about clothes for school, I can’t go to school wearing your clothes,” she said.

“Don’t worry, I’ll take care of it, get some rest and I’ll see you in the morning,” he said.

She turned to look at the room and the surrounding and realized this was his room.

“But where are you sleeping?” she asked.

“In the next room,” he answered. “And Luna, I’m sorry, this should’ve not happened in the first place, I’m very sorry.
You’re probably scared and it’s my fault,” he continued.

“I’m fine. But do you live like this every day watching your back?” she asked.

He nods.

She shook her head feeling bad for him. How can someone live a life like this with no privacy.

“If you need anything, I’m next door. I’ll see you in the morning,” he said softly.

She nodded and after he left the room, she changed into his clothes and crawled into bed. This is definitely a change for her - how did she get herself in this mess? After thirty minutes or so, sleep over took her.

Bacon. Eggs. Bread. Yummy food mommy.

Luna eyes opened and got up immediately after realizing she was not at home. She opened the door and followed the smell to the kitchen where she sees Kris setting plates. He cooks?

“Good morning Luna, did you sleep well?” he asked.

She nodded. This was probably the best sleep she had in a while.

“Come, eat breakfast and then we’ll go to school,” he informed her.

“I’m not dressed yet,” she stood behind the pillar.

“You can shower and get ready after breakfast, you’re clothes should be here by then,” he suggested.

She entered the kitchen barefoot and sat across from him and dug in.

“You can cook?” she asks.

“I can cook a lot of things, you’ll be surprised,” he said with smile. The smile that she started to fall for and even dreamt about in her sleep. His defined features, voice, and smile - come and go in her dream. What is wrong with her? Why is she thinking like this? She does not even know him that well yet.

After finishing breakfast, she offered to clean up but he pushed her to opposite direction to go get ready or they’ll be late for class. In the bedroom she used, looks like someone already placed a toothbrush along with toothpaste, face wash, and make up accessories plus a full outfit in a designer bag that she could never a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter