The Girlfriend

The Notorious Playboy?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

All four of them turned to face Onew, who stepped up closer to their table. Luna slumped down on her chair and Onew pulled out a chair to join them.

“What happened?” Onew asked.

“Some student thought I was not good enough to dress like this,” she answered.

“You look great, maybe they are just jealous,” Onew added sweetly.

“How long have you been there?” Victoria asked.

“I was here to pick up some textbook, then I heard some commotion from outside and came in to find this and twelve of them walking out together,” Onew replied.

“Oh,” Luna added.

“Well if it wasn’t for them, Luna would’ve been soaked from head to toe,” Krystal added in.

Onew frowned.

“The flabbergast student decided to take a pitcher water and tossed it at Luna but Kris came out from nowhere and took the hit,” Sulli added.

Onew’s mouth was now gaping opened.

“And to top it off, everyone was watching while his friend turned the situation around and tossed water at her,” Amber said happily.

“It was a piece of work,” Krystal chirped in cheerfully.

Luna started to rub her temple. A headache was now approaching - it’s only the first week and so much has happened. How is she going to survive this semester?

After lunch, she walked back to her dorm, setting her stuff down she went to lie down her bed. And her eyes closed.

She slept peacefully and suddenly started to hear a knock which turn into a pounding at the door. She got up and ran to see who it was - Kris.

She opened the door and saw a very concerned Kris staring back at her.

“You didn’t answer your phone?” Kris asked.

“I’m sorry I was sleeping, what’s wrong, the meeting go bad?” Luna asked.

“No, the meeting went fine, I was worried when you didn’t answer and then you didn’t answer your door,” he
answered.

“I’m fine, I was just tired from this morning,” she added.

Shutting the door behind him, he sat down at her desk while she sat on her bed.

“I’m sorry about lunch, that should’ve not happened,” he apologized.

“It’s not your fault. I don’t know what her problem was, you shouldn’t take blames for others attitude,” Luna offered.

“It’s because of me, you’ve been placed in a difficult situation,” Kris added.

“No, it’s not. Don’t blame yourself and I’m fine,” Luna said in a more positive tone.

“What are you doing this weekend?” he asked.

“I am heading home to help my family with the restaurant,” she answered happily.

“How?” he asked.

“By train of course,” she responded.

“I can drive you down?” he offered.

“No that is not necessary, I’ll be fine, I promise,” Luna turned down the offer.

“You’ll call me if you need anything?” he asked.

“If I do, I’ll let you know but I won’t so enjoy your weekend like every normal student,” she suggested.

“Okay, I’ll see you tomorrow?” he asked.

Luna nods and let him out.

The rest of the week flew by like that. She sees him and his friends everyday - everyone was very kind and polite to her. She still met her friends for breakfast and lunch to talk about school. No one has approached her since the café incident. Even in class, they steer cleared of her including the students she thought were her colleagues. The only ones that stood by her side were her true friends and his. Although her last class on Tuesday and Thursday - Math Tech 203, she had no one she knew in that class, she sits by herself in the front, which was fine with her. She used to being alone.

Taking the train to Daegu was roughly four hours, arriving at the station, her father was waiting for her. She grabbed her weekend bag and waved at him. Running toward him like a little girl, she hugs him tightly.

“My my, Luna you’ve changed but in a good way,” he said happily.

“More mature?” she offered.

“Yes and beautiful my dear,” he said.

“Come on, let’s go see the rest,” she said happily.

At the restaurant she ran to her mother, hugged and kissed her - same with her sister. She downed on a cup of green tea and put on an apron to begin the lunch hour craziness. In the back while she was chopping vegetables, she heard some commotion from the front of the restaurant. Both her and her sister eyed each other walked up front together - they see their aunt from their mother side making a fuss in the front. It’s not the first time. Just because she helped them purchased the building, she think she can come in request money when it fits her. Although her parents are not greedy people, they’ve already gave her money twice what she paid for at the beginning and financially it‘s starting to wear them down. They’ve asked for the contract over and over but she always say, next time, I’ll bring it but she never does.

“Mom, what’s going on?” Luna asked.

“Well, if it isn’t Luna, all grown up and helping mommy and daddy out like a good girl,” her aunt snarled at her.

“She wants more money when we don’t owe her anymore,’ her sister answered.

“Oh shush it you little tart, if it wasn’t for me, you guys wouldn’t have this place and none of you two would be educated as you are now, so you should be thanking me,” she added sarcastically.

“Look the new school term just began, we don’t have anything and we usually don’t make enough until the mid school term,” her mother stated.

“Oh stop lying, I need some spare cash and I need it now,” she spitted out.

“We can’t give you anything that we don’t have, you’ll just have to wait,” her father added sternly.

“Well if I don’t’ get it, I’ll just hang around to see how much you can collect today, then I’ll leave,” she suggested.

“If you hang around, how do you expect us to run our family business?” Luna asked.

“Not my problem is it?” she shrugged her shoulders with a snobbish snort.

All of sudden her attention to turned to the glittering stone hanging around her neck. She stepped closer and Luna took a step back.

“What a beautiful piece of work, I’ve never seen anything like that before,” she started to say.

“I wonder how much I can get for that,” she continued.

Reaching up, she protects the necklace.

“It’s probably worth millions,” she added.

“I wouldn’t know, it was a gift,’ Luna added in coldly.

“Is it now? What kind of friends do you have that would be able to afford something like that?” she asked.

Luna did not respond.

Her aunt attempts to reach for her necklace this time but being pushed back by a person in a black suit that appeared from nowhere. She stumbled in landed on her buttocks. But she quickly scrambled up and finds herself facing a tall, strongly built man.

“Who are you? And what right do you have to push me down?” she asked angrily.

He doesn’t answer her. Luna turned to look at him and he bowed to her.

“Bo?” Luna asked.

“Luna, who is this?” her father asked with a shock.

“I don’t care who he is, he does not have the right to push me off like that,” her aunt shouted angrily.

“And I’m going to report you to the authority you filthy creature,” she continued.

But before her aunt could call the cops, Bo pulled out his badge and placed it in front of her aunt’s view. She froze in place.

“Please do, so an animal like you can be lock away for good,” he suggested.

“This is not over,” she shouted and attempted to leave. But Bo grabbed her and dragged her into the back office tying her down to a chair.

Everyone followed him.

After securing her in the chair he turned to Luna.

“It’s lunch time and I already see people coming this way - continue your work as normal, the masters will be here shortly to deal with her,” he stated.

Luna frowned.

“Master?” her mother asked.

“My boss ma’am,’ he replied.

Her family looked at her bewildered. Master?

Her aunt wanted to yell again so he stuffed a scarf in to quiet her.

“I’ll keep an eye on her and if you need help with anything Luna, let me know,” he offered.

Luna nods and pushed her family out of the office to begin today’s work. They eye her with all curiosity but she couldn’t explain to them until she knew what she could tell them. Or even how to explain it to them.

After the two hours of lunch period flew back, they were cleaning up when her mother sees twelve young man entering the restaurant.

“Welcome, how many do you have?” she asked.

“Twelve but we’re here to handle a personal matter, where is Luna?”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter