Meeting Mr.Song

The Runaway Fiancée

 

 

Sunny made herself comfortable on the long white couch as she stared out the balcony clear door. The white clouds moved along with the birds as they soar in the blue sky. Sunny picked up the new papers and glanced at the first page.

“Wow I made it to the first page,” Sunny said, drinking her orange juice. “How long are you going to hide from your dad?” Jay asked.

Sunny placed her cup back down and stared at Jay, “Jay Park are you trying to kick me out?”

Jay waver his hands, “No! I was just wondering.”

“Just when things settle down…then I’ll head back,” Sunny sulked. “Anyways where did you go a couple days ago? You know on the day of your wedding.” Sunny started laughing, “you wouldn’t believe me if I told you.”

Jay raised an eye brow, “tell me.” “Well I jumped into some guy car and stayed at his apartment in till you came back from California.”

Jay busted out laughing, “You never fail to surprise me.” “I’m surprise he didn’t kick me out the car,” Sunny said. “SEE. If it was me, I would have got out the car, go to the passenger side, open the doors, then pull you right out then leave,” Jay said.

Sunny placed on a straight face and picked up the pillow from the couch. “YO YO YO! YO HOMIE! Put that down! Last time I earned a bruise was from your pillow beating,” Jay surrendered.

“What was his name?” Jay asked. Sunny titled her head and thought for a long second, “I think he said. Jonghun?”

“You know just because you ran away from the day of your wedding doesn’t mean this is over,” Jay said with a straight face. Sunny groaned loudly, “I know, I know.”

“Anyway I have to go meet up with a friend, stay here,” Jay said getting up. “OPPPAAA DON’T LEAAAVVVVVVEEEEEEE MEEEE!” Sunny whinned. “Yah Lee Soonkyu, you’re not a little kid no more stop whinning,” Jay joked. Sunny gave him the puppy eyes and the pout.

“OPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!” Sunny screamed on the top of her lungs.  Jay covered his ears with his hands, “OH MY BUDDHA STOP PLEASE!”

“Donnnttt leavveee ~” Sunny whinned before Jay stuffed a piece of cookie into . “Come on then retard,” Jay said. Sunny looked at her outfit. She was currently wearing Jay’s basketball shorts and a t- shirt. “In this?” Sunny asked as she looked at him crazy.

“Then stay your at home,” Jay said bluntly. Sunny whacked on the side of his arm, “USE YOUR LANUAGE!” “Then what do you want me to do?!” Jay threw his hands up in the air.

“Wait – Some of your old clothes are here,” Jay said.  “It is? Where?” Sunny asked. “In my room somewhere in the closet,” Jay said as he threw on his varsity jacket. “Hurry up!”

Sunny sprinted into Jay’s room and the first thing she noticed was the white wedding dress hanging on the closet door. Sunny ignored the dress and searched for her dress. She ended finding coral skinnies and a white loose blouse. Sunny slipped on her sliver heels and headed out the door.

They both of them entered Jay’s car and drove to their destination. “Where are we going?” Sunny asked. “To meet a friend,” Jay replied.

After driving for a moment they drove to a small café. “We’ll were here,” Jay said opening the car door. Sunny got out and embrace the sight around her, “good I am starving.”

Jay opened the door, “ladies first.” Sunny smiled and entered.  The first thing she noticed was a guy sitting down fumbling with his fingers.

 

 

“Joongki!” Jay hollered. Joongki looked up and waved, “Jay! Man it’s nice to see you again!” Joongki looked at Sunny for a while then looked at Jay, “why is the runaway bride with you?”

Sunny face grew irritated as she poked her inside cheek with her tongue, ‘this guy speaks as if he knows about me.’  Jay smiled and slung his arm around Sunny’s shoulder, “this is my bestie Sunny.”

“It’s nice to meet you, I’m Song Joongki,” Joongki said, cheerfully. “Yeah, nice to meet you too,” Sunny said, annoyed. Joongki looked at Sunny weirdly and cautious, “are you ok?” “Oh she is fine. She just hates being called the runaway bride,” Jay said.

“F Y I. I am not a runaway bride I am a RUNAWAY FIANCEE. We haven’t officially get married yet,” Sunny said aggravated.

“It’s ok I’m pretty sure my cousin was happy to get away from you too,” Joongki joked. Sunny and Jay looked at Joongki at the same time, “cousin?”

“Yeah, that man you was going to marry was my cousin,” Joongki said. Sunny eyes widened, she spun around on her heels, and then faced Jay. “Oppa let’s go, he’s a spy!” Sunny said while running towards the door. “HOLD UP! YOU IS NOT GOING ANY WHERE!” Jay said grabbing Sunny wrist.

“You is very bad grammar, it’s you are,” Sunny corrected. “Who the hell you think you are now? My english teacher?” Jay said.

“Don’t worry. I won’t tell him I seen you. I don’t like him as much as you do either,” Joongki said. “Now can we sit down?”

Joongki sat down at the table followed by Jay and Sunny. “Wait, you don’t like your cousin?” Sunny asked. Joongki nodded his head, “I hate his guts.” “Why?” Jay asked.

“He’s a conceited jerk,” Joongki said. “But he seem really nice,” Sunny said. “You only met up with him a couple of time. How would you know how he really is,” Joongki said. Joongki looked at Sunny and gave her a sincere smile, “I’m glad you didn’t marry him. You should marry me instead.”

Jay scoffed and shook his head. “She won’t fall for it,” Jay whispered to himself. Sunny gave him her brightest smile.

 

Joongki smirked, ‘she fell for it.’

“ you and off,” Sunny suddenly said, smiling from ear to ear. Joongki eyes widen in surprise. Jay looked at Joongki expression and laughed away. “Dude, Sunny won’t fall for your tactics,” Jay advised.

Sunny rolled her eyes at the both of them, “you might be the one conceited not your cousin.” “You are one special lady I say,” Joongki said, grinning.

“Do me a favor Joongki, take Sunny back to the house,” Jay asked. Sunny eyes popped out immediately after hearing what Jay just said. “WHAT?! WHAT DID YOU SAY?! Oh My…Jay you’re a spy working undercover too huh?!” Sunny said hopping out her chair. She stood in her kung fu position, “one step towards me and your balls get the heel.”

Joongki started to laugh, “She’s cute.” Jay face palmed his forehead, “Sunny you’re embarrassing me!”

“Embarrassing you?! You’re trying to send me back to the hell hole!” Sunny argued. “Just go back there and work things out. Your aunt is blowing up my phone asking where you are.”

Sunny sulked back into the chain and started to kick her legs and arm like a little kid. “Oppaaaaa~ don’t make me do this,” Sunny whined. “Don’t worry, I’ll be there,” Joongki said. “Well I have to go back to the studio,” Jay said, getting up. Sunny got up after him and gave him the puppy lips and eyes.

“Don’t worry Sunny. You’ll be fine,” Jay reassured. “Fighting!” Jay exclaimed.

 

 

Jay left leaving Sunny and Joongki alone. “Well, shall we go?” Joongki asked. Sunny nodded and followed behind Joongki.

Joongki opened the door for Sunny and kindly gesture her to go in. “Thank you, but you didn’t have to do that.”

“I kind of wanted to,” Joongki said as he closed the door. A slight tint of blush came upon Sunny’s cheeks.

Joongki got on the driver’s side and started the engine. “What are you planning to say when you get there?” Joongki asked. “I honestly don’t know…” Sunny said gloomily. 

“Well you have exactly 35 minutes to think in till we get there,” Joongki said. Sunny started to have flash back of the day of her wedding. She could clearly see the expression of her fiancé before she ran away. She can still  feel the way her heart felt twisted, the way she felt free, and the moment she felt as if she was going to die of guilt.

Then suddenly, Jonghun face popped up. Sunny suddenly smiled to herself. ‘I wonder how he’s doing.’

“We’re here,” Joongki said. Sunny looked out the window and spotted her parents mansion in front of her sight.