From Book to Reality

The Runaway Fiancée

 

 

 

 

 

I turned to the last page of the book.

“And that’s how she ran away from love,” I mumbled. I shut the book and slightly tilted my head. “Wow that was an interesting book,” I said to myself. “A bride running away from her own husband…On their wedding day…”

I looked up to find the sky blue, kids playing on the playground, the water spurting out the fountain, and a big fluff of white moving.

“What the hell is that?”

I squinted my eyes to spot what it is. My eyes widen when I realized it was a girl running. She was in a wedding dress! With a freaking veil in her head! I looked back down at my book and quickly looked back up. 

“Wow,” I said in amazement. I got up and held my book to my side. ‘Today is just a really weird day. I really don’t want to get caught up in whatever that bride has going on around this park.’ My mind was starting to in what I was seeing as I walked to the parking lot.

I got into my Acura LX and started the engine. I drove out the park’s parking spot and out into the streets. The stop light went red. I rolled my eyes, ‘just when I drive out into the streets it turns red.’

I looked outside the car window and looked for the bride. I couldn’t spot her anyway, “I guess she ran off somewhere else.” I looked forward and waited for the lights to go green. “Wow the streets are really empty today. My car is the only on this street.” Suddenly there was loud knocks on the right passenger side. I looked over and found the bride knocking on the window.

My eyes widen and stared at her as if she was insane. No she is insane! She opened my car door and got in. ‘What the heck! Didn’t I lock my doors!’ I looked over at my lock button to find that I didn’t lock my doors.

“What are you doing in my car?!” I screamed. “Please I know I am a stranger but just help me this once!” The bride asked.

“No! Get out of my car!” I yelled. “Please –“The bride said before she got interrupted by the honk. I looked at the green light that was blinking.

“Get out!” I argued. “NO!” The bride stubbornly said. The car behind me started to honk even more. I stepped on the gas petal, “WHO ARE YOU?!”

“No need to yell!” The bride argued. “No need to yell?! THERE A FREAKING BRIDE IN MY CAR!” I yelled even louder.

“Please just drop me off somewhere else, just not in this area,” The bride asked. I stared at her crazily. ‘Is she ill? Mental? Didn’t I just tell her to get out of my car?’

“GET OUT!”

“NO!”

“GET OUT NOOWWW!!”

“NO!”

“I’LL CALL THE COPS!”

“I’LL TELL THEM YOU KIDNAPP ME!”

“GET OUT YOU HOBO!”

“HOBO?!” The bride looked at me with bewildered eyes. She slapped me on my arm. “YAH! THAT HURTS!” I yelled. “YOU DERSERVED IT!” The bride yelled back.

“GET OUT!”

“NO!”

“GET OUT NOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!”

“I SAID NO. DO YOU UNDERSTAND THE WORD NO!”

“NO I DON’T UNDERSTAND. BUT I DO UNDERSTAND THE TWO WORDS GET OUT!”

“NO!”

“I will drive this car into this ocean so you can die,” I threatened. “You’re in the car also you ,” The bride said.

I face palmed my face, ‘how could I forget that…’

“You know what…GET OUT!” I yelled. “NO!” The bride yelled.

I scoffed, “this girl is mentally crazy.” The bride took off her heel and started hitting me.  She started to pull on my ears which started to hurt like a . “OW THAT REALLY HURTS!”

She continued to hit me and slap me. “OK OK OK! I’LL TAKE YOU WHEREVER YOU LIKE! JUST STOP HITTING ME!” I yelled.

The bride went quiet and stared at her fumbling fingers. I looked at her curiously, “Uhh where do you need to go?” She stayed quiet and stared at her fumbling fingers again.

I scoffed, “you come into my car like it’s a taxi and don’t have a clue where you want to go?” Sooner or later I realized that I reached my apartment complex. “You know what…I’ll be nice today and let you come inside my apartment,” I offered. “In till you figure out where you are going and tell me your story.”

The bride nodded and got out the car. She followed behind me as I went into the elevators. She stood on the other side while I stood on the other side. I don’t know how but we ended up glaring at each other like we were ready to kill each other.

I pressed the number twenty causing the doors to close. I can feel the elevator to go up like my aggravation that was going up.

Ding!

We both tried getting out the door but her dress ended up blocking my way. “Let me go first you hobo,” I said.

“YAH! WOULD A HOBO AFFORD A VERA WANG DRESS?!” She argued. I mocked her by talking like her. “Aishh!” The bride bucked at me.

I took a step back from her,’ she’s scary dude.’

I walked towards my apartment and entered the code. I opened the door so she could get in first. She walked in and swished her head making the veil hit me in the face.

“Wow you have a very nice place, “she complimented. “Hobos can give compliments?” I asked. She stared at me with some devil eyes making me hush. “Go sit down while I get something to drink,” I said. She nodded and walked into the living room.

I ran to the kitchen and panicked. ‘What should I do?! SHE COULD KILL ME!” I thought of a plan and hid and small knife in my jacket pocket. I grabbed two water bottles and cooly walked into the living room. I sat on the couch across from her and handed her a water bottle.

She stared at me weirdly and laughed, “I’m not going to kill you. Put that knife away.” My eyes became bewildered, “how did you know?!”

“It’s sticking out you ,” The bride said. She opened the bottle and drank the water. “Tell me what your name is,” She asked.

“Tell me yours first,” I said.

“Sunny,” she said. “Sunny…” I repeated.

“My name is Jonghun,” I said. “Well Jonghun, Thank you for inviting me into your house, but I think it’s time for me to go,” she said as she got up.

“Ok…” I said walking her to the door. She left without saying goodbye. I shook my head in amazement, “wow…this day is more interesting than getting laid.”