Letter from Brother

The Runaway Fiancée

 

Jay and Sunny finally went home after helping Joongki clean his house. Sunny quickly ran into the apartment and jumped onto the couch.

“Don’t get your dirty heel prints onto my floor,” Jay warned.

Jay placed the box of cake in the refrigerator and threw the bundle of Sunny gifts onto the kitchen table.

Jay noticed the yellow gift bag, “Oh Sunny. Someone put this by the door for you. I forgot to give it to you.”

Jay walked over to the couch and handed it to her before going into his room to to change and wash up.

Sunny sat up eagerly and looked inside the bad. Sunny took out the box and card and set the bag on the coffee table.

Sunny opened the box first. She moved the wrappings and threw them onto the table. It was a small square silver size box. Sunny moved the top and dropped the box.

She gasped in horror. Sunny started coughing from the lack of air she was breathing. Sunny shakily picked up the box and stared at the silver chain that had the engraving: My Little SooSun

The person that came up with that nick name was her brother, Han Jaejoon/Jaejun. He combined Sunny real name along with her nickname.  Sunny opened the card and read it carefully.

Dear SooSun,

            Is it your birthday all ready? Wow I can’t believe my little sun has turned twenty three. You have grown up beautifully without me being there for you...I shouldn’t be saying all of this…I shouldn’t have left this letter for you…I am sorry Sunny. I really am sorry. I have no rights to say that I am your older brother. I have done a pitiful job at it. I shouldn’t have run away. I know you endured a lot when I was gone. But please understand why I ran away. I know it was selfish of me to run away without you, but I was young and wasn’t thinking. Please don’t think that I don’t care for you, because I really do. When I managed to get my life back straight I looked for you constantly. I hired spies to look for you. I spent most of my years working and looking for you. Remember you found me at the hotel? HaHa you guessed the wrong guy. The guy wearing that necklace you gave to me on my birthday was just using it as an accessory. I was the one who came last and called for your name. Do you remember? Probably not… Now that I know you’re safe and sound, I don’t have to have that ery feeling in my heart. I have no position to see you…Now it’s your choice if you want to find me or not. I am in Korea for a couple of months for a business trip…If you want to find me, you can find me at Honda Corp.

                                                From,

                                                            Han Jaejoon/ Kim Jaejoong.

 

Tears slipped off Sunny cheeks and onto the hand written note. Sunny started to sob onto her hands. Her head started to spin around her. Her body started to feel weak, like it was losing energy.

Sunny cried became louder like the way her heart screamed.

Jay stopped brushing his teeth the moment he heard Sunny scream. He quickly rinses his mouth and dashed out the room shirtless.

“Sunny what’s wrong?!”

Sunny threw the gift and present across the room and dashed towards the door. “SUNNY!” Jay screamed. He grabbed her cell phone and dashed out the door behind her.

Before Sunny could step in the elevator he grabbed her wrist and yanked her back. “LET ME GO!”

“WHAT’S WRONG?!”

Sunny didn’t answer and continued to cry. “Oppa please, just let me go,” Sunny said, exhausted to answer any more question. 

“I know you’re going to go,” Jay said as he placed Sunny cell phone into the palm of her hands.

He let her go and reached into the pockets of his white slacks, “I know you don’t want to be bothered right now.”

He pulled out his wallet and handed her his credit card, “But just don’t run off without your cell phone or any money. You need those things to survive in this world.”

“Pick up when I call ok?”

“Call me if anything happens,” Jay said as he pressed the down button for Sunny. He cuffed her cheeks and made her look at him.

“I don’t know what you are going to do, but do not hesitate to call me if you get in trouble. Ok?”

Sunny nodded. The elevator doors opened and Jay let go of Sunny. He watched her as she stepped into the elevators and as the door closed.

Sunny watched as Jay’s face disappeared from her sight. Luckily, her skirt had pockets for her to store the card and phone.

When she reached the ground she started walking towards a club that was the closest.

“You ing ,” Sunny spatted.

She wiped her tears away with the back of her hand.

“You ing liar.”

Sunny started to cry even harder.

“You no dirty bastard.”

This time people started to stare.

But Sunny certainly didn’t care. She stammered many times because of her heels. People tried helping her, but she only pushed them away.

She just needed to think to herself. She wasn’t in the right of mind due to one simple letter.

Music started to become louder as Sunny reached the club. The security recognized Sunny as Jay’s friend and let her in.

The moment Sunny stepped into the club, the music pounded loudly into her ears. People were everywhere dancing and drinking.

Sunny stumbled her way to the bar and ordered a soju bottle. The bartender nodded and grabbed one from under the counter, “this one is on the house. Don’t cry. Beautiful girls shouldn’t cry.”

Sunny looked at the handsome bartender and thanked him. Sunny spun around on the high stool and began gulping down the soju.

After drinking the whole bottle she didn’t feel a thing. She hated that she had a high tolerance for alcohol. She turned back around to the bartender. “Give me ten more bottles,” Sunny asked.

The bartender looked at her stunned. “Don’t worry I’ll pay,” Sunny reassured. “I’m not worried about you paying, I’m worried for your own sakes,” the bartender said.

Sunny wavered the issue away. “Please, just give me another bottle,” Sunny said. The bartender nod and gave her another bottle.

Bottle after bottle Sunny drank away her pain. After her eighth bottle her head started to pound furiously. Her mind was spinning around insanely. But she didn’t care. That’s what she came here for, to lose her sorrows.

“Hey Junki your shift is over,” A co worker said as he came by. Junki looked at his friend, “give me a little more time. I’m trying to keep my eye on this –“

Junki stopped talking when he looked back at the spot where Sunny was sitting. Empty. The seat was empty. “Who?” Junki friend asked.

Junki didn’t reply and searched through the dancing crowd for her. “Yah Lee Junki!”

Junki looked at his coworker and took off his work apron and threw it at his coworker. Junki hopped over the bar counter and searched through the crowd.

At that same moment Junsu and Yoochun entered the club. “Wah, it’s been years since I been to this club,” Yoochun said in amazement.

“I remember when we would sneak in here with fake I.D’s,” Junsu laughed as he remembered the days him, Jaejoong, and Yoochun would come here.

“To bad Jaejoong isn’t here with us,” Yoochun said. “After writing that sad letter, I wouldn’t come here either,” Junsu said.

They walked upon the dancing crowd and looked around. Junsu was bobbing his head to the music when he noticed a familiar girl dancing with a soju bottle in her hand.

“SUNNY?!” Junsu eyes almost popped out.

“Sunny? What are you –“

Yoochun mouth gawked opened when Junsu pointed towards Sunny. She was clearly drunk and dancing around guys that were staring at her.

Junsu mouth firmed up when he seen a guy feeling up on Sunny. She was drunk and the guy decided to take advantage of her.

Junsu strode over to the guy and punched him in the face. Sunny was too drunk to even notice a fly. When the guy fell, Sunny fell along with him.

“Sunny!” Yoochun ran over and grabbed a hold of her. Her breath reeked of alcohol.  “She’s drunk.”

“What the ?!” The guy came back onto his feet. “Get your own girl!” The man yelled, angrily. Everyone stopped dancing and stared at the commotion.

“Don’t take advantage of a drunken girl!” Junsu spitted back. “She a ing find your –“

BAM!

A strong punch came to the side of the man head by Junsu. “Don’t you dare talk about her that way.”

Yoochun carried her on his back and headed towards the exit with Junsu. Junki spotted Sunny and blocked them from the exit.

“Yoochun, Junsu?” Junki asked.

“Junki?” They said in unison.

“Let’s go talk outside,” Junki said. They nodded and walked towards the car parking lot.

Junki was a good friend of Junsu, Yoochun, and Jaejoong. He knew them since they were little.

“I see why I had a little protective instant over this girl,” Junki said as they stopped in front of Yoochun expensive car.

“She Jaejoong little sister isn’t she?” Junki asked. “Yeah…We finally found her,” Junsu said. “Well took all of you long enough, what happened to the spies?” Junki asked.

“They were horrible.” Yoochun replied. Yoochun gave Junsu the keys to the car. Junsu opened the back door. Yoochun gently placed Sunny down and buckled her up. He shut the door gently and faced Junki again.

“What happened anyway?” Yoochun asked. “With her?” Junki said pointing towards Sunny. “Yeah.”

“I was working and she came upon the bar crying her eyes out,” Junki said, feeling bad.

“She must have read the letter…” Junsu said, quietly.

“Anyway, we should get going. We’ll meet up with you next time Junki,” Yoochun said.

They bid their goodbyes to each other and went their way.

Yoochun got into the driver seat while Junsu got in the passenger seat. They buckled up and started the engine. Yoochun backed out the parking lot and drove back to the home where they were currently staying at.

“What do you think he will say?” Junsu asked.

“I don’t know we’ll have to see,” Yoochun replied.

 

--

 

A/N: To the fans that don’t know. Jaejoong real name was Han Jaejun/Jaejoon before he became an adoptive child.  (I don’t know which one is correct. I looked it up multiply times, but I couldn’t find which one it is.) So in the story I am going with Han Jaejun. I am not saying there is nothing wrong, I just wanted to use it in my story. Sorry if it bothered some of you.