I like you.

JACKASS BOYFRIEND

 


The ice cream dripped onto your fingers and you it straight away.

“What should we talk about?” Jae Hyun started.

“Well, isn’t this awkward…” You chuckled lightly.

“It’s not awkward if you don’t say it is.” He pushed your swing forth and back slightly.

“True, true. How about talking about high school Should be fun.”

“Okay. You start.”

“First day of high school. Hmmm…anything memorable?”

“Well, we found out who our classmates were.”

“Obviously.”

You could still sense that little hitch of awkwardness between you. Suddenly, Jae Hyun changed the topic to valentine’s day.

“Remember that very first Valentine’s day of High School? I remember that was when you first talked to me.

--

You were sitting in your classroom to avoid all the chaos of valentine’s day. You had actually wanted to give your chocolates to Jae Hyun, but knowing how popular he was, you didn’t.

*Maybe I should put it on his seat.* You rummaged through your bag to find the chocolates that you had hand-made.

Jae Hyun was running through the halls. He was not used to this popularity because he had gone to an all-boys school. He saw his homeroom and ran in with no hesitation, locked the door and sat down on the floor breathing. He heard a faint gasp and saw a girl putting a box on his table.

“Annyonghasaeyo..o.” You bowed at him.

Jae Hyun stood up and headed over to his desk.

“For me?”

“Uhmm…yes. You don’t have to eat it. Just a…hmmmmm…what’s the word…” You scratched your head to find a word in order to finished off your sentence.

“Token?”

“Yes. That’s the word. Token of admiration.” Your eyes turn into cute smiles.

Jae Hyun laughed at the girl in front of him.

--

“Yah. I wasn’t that stupid to not know what word to use you know.” You glared at Jae Hyun.

“Alright alright.” You both burst out in laughter.

The atmosphere became mellow. It was suddenly silent.

“Have you thought about giving someone else a chance?” Jae Hyun spoke too softly.

You knew what he meant. It occurred to you now that Jae Hyun likes you.

“Jae Hyun…”

“It’s okay. You don’t have to answer. I didn’t expect anything.” Jae Hyun patted your back.

You felt a sock in your stomach. You didn’t want to hurt him, just like how Kris was hurt you, but you had no choice.

“Jae Hyun. I love you I really do. But not in that kind of way. You are my closest friend and that’s why we can’t be. I may sound like I’m repeating something from a drama, but we can only be friend, well, at least for now.”

“Don’t worry about it. I’ll be fine. How about I get you home? Kris is probably worried.” Jae Hyun joked.

You were relieved that Jae Hyun was not the emotional type. “Don’t even talk about him.”

Jae Hyun drove you home without any awkwardness. When you arrived, you thanked him and bid him good bye. You took off your high heels and walked to your room bare-footed. Kri heard you coming and opened his door. You stopped, looked at him and walked off. You swiftly grabbed your hand and held you back.

“Let go Kris. I’m tired.”

“Not until you listen to me.”

“Listen to what, Kris? Listen to you explaining? Because I don’t need to hear.”

“Why not? Just Listen please.” Kris pleaded for the first time.

Your heart felt guilty but you couldn’t give up.

“We have nothing to do with each other.”

“Yes we do. To me, you mean so much.”

Hot tears sprung out of your eyes.

“Why are you doing this to me?” You sobbed.

“I want to ask you the same thing.” Kris sighed. “Give me a chance to explain.”

*Listen to him. You’re probably thinking about it too much.* Your heart told you, but your mind was saying different. “No Kris. You don’t need to explain anything. After all, we never meant anything to each other.”

“That’s not true. You mean a lot to me.” Kris said desperately.

“Well, that’s you.” *You mean so much to me too.* “You mean nothing to me. Just that guy that I live with for the time being.”

With that you slammed the door of your room. That night was the longest night, and you counted the tears that fell until the next morning.

 

--

 

DW GUYS! there will be more happy chapters to come! I'm sorry for being so melodramatic with the relationship between Kris and YOU ><

 

COMMENT AND SUBSCRIBE!~