Nothingness

JACKASS BOYFRIEND

 

Hyo Jin was the happiest to find out you and Kris were ‘together’ no more. It was like sugar for her ears. You had definitely been miserable and Kris was even worse. Kris wanted to start conversations with you but you had always made the first action to stop him. You never made eye contact but looked at him from afar. Your friends tried to cheer you up but you said you were fine and gave then artificial smiles.

The link between you has now been completely cut. Kris wished for the time when you and him always fought would come back. But like that, you both lived on your quiet days.

“Kris, come to my birthday party.” Hyo Jin was practically rubbing herself onto Kris.

“Hyo Jin go away.” Kris was not in the mood.

“You know my name?” Hyo Jin asked.

Kris haughtily laughed. “You know, you’re the first person to act so desperate and happy when someone knows your name. Are you ing kidding me?”

“Aw, Krissy don’t be like that.”

Kris shook Hyo Jin off him and she stumbled. “Don’t call me that.”

Meanwhile, you were eating with your friends.

“~~~~~! You’re coming to Hyo Jin’s party tomorrow right?” Na Eun asked as she sat down on the cafeteria table. You thought, and knew you weren’t in the mood for partying.

“I think I’ll pass.” You said through a fine voice.

Your friends couldn’t bear to see this anymore, especially Jae Hyun. He urged Haneul to do something.

“Yah Kang ~~~~~! You can’t be like this anymore. He’s just Kris.” Haneul shook you.

*Exactly. He’s just Kris. So why am I like this? Why can’t I just accept his love? I love him too don’t I?* You questioned yourself. But you knew why. It was that hard-headedness of yours.

“WOMAN! He’s just a guy! You have to come to the party. For your coolest and most amazing friend in the whole entire world, please?” Haneul pleaded with her puppy eyes.

You gave a small chuckle. Of course, Haneul knew how to make you smile. “I’m going to drag you there if you say no!” She warned.

“Do I have a choice?” You shook your head.

--

Kris was picking up his friends for Hyo Jin party. He had seen you getting ready for it as well.

Jae Hyun was driving you and Ki Young to Hyo Jin’s party. Today, you had actually decided to forget about anything that had happened. You arrived at the club with the booming music. Hyo Jin had booked out the whole club for the night. You knew she was rich, but not this rich. Hyo Jin was standing at the front door in her sparkly silver dress. You waited a bit and met up with the other three then headed towards Hyo Jin. You bit your lips. You knew the reason why Hyo Jin did not like you, but she’ll be nice to you now right?

“Happy birthday Unnie.” Mi Eun handed Hyo Jin her’s and Na Eun’s gift.

“Thanks.” Hyo Jin put it without concern on the table next to her.

Then it was Haneul, Ki Young and you.

“Happy Birthday Hyo Jin Sunbae.” You handed Hyo Jin your gift to her. She harshly snatched it away without a thank you. Jae Hyun looked at you dismally. You didn’t care about Hyo Jin. You knew she was like that any way.

You walked into the club, where many people were already in group, either dancing or socializing.

You spotted the familiar golden hair. He was smiling with his friends while drinking a cocktail. *at least he’s smiling.* You felt lightened for some reason. You and your friends went to sit down at a vacant table near the corner of the club, which was not far from Kris’ table.

“Who’s dancing? CUZ I AM!” Na Eun dragged her sister to the dancer floor. Ki Young and Haneul followed her.

“You’re not coming?” Haneul asked you trying to convince you to dance.

“I think I’ll stay here.” You held out your phone. “Twitter.”

“Alright then. You’re obviously not gonna tweet.” Haneul sighed and walked away.

“I’ll stay with you.” Jae Hyun offered.

“No, go if you want. You still have your friends too.” You smiled at him gratefully at the offer.

“Alright. But if you feel lonely I’m always here. Call for me.” He pointed towards another table’s direction.

*Why did Hyo Jin even invite me? She hates my guts.* You shook your head and played with your phone.

Kris saw you all alone and decided to be the first one to act. He walked over steadily and plopped on a seat next to you. “Hey.”

You felt pressure. “Hey Kris.”

“So..it’s been a while.”

“Yeah.”

“Well, this is awkward.”

“It’s not awkward if you don’t say it.” You retorted. And this was when you realised that you had completely missed him. “I’m going to the bathroom.”

You hurriedly ran off to the toilet. Kris ran after you, knowing how dangerous clubs were, but Hyo Jin stopped him.

“Krissyy. It’s my birthday, do I get special treatment?” Hyo Jin winked at him.

Kris rolled his eyes at the stupid girl. Hyo Jin was too persistent and it got on his nerves. He ignored her.  But Hyo Jin got more touching.

Jae Hyun, who was not caught up with anything, saw you going somewhere, and just like Kris, he was conscious of the dangers and followed you. You entered the bathroom and looked at the mirror. You throat felt sore and decided that you were thirsty. You walked back out but Jae Hyun caught your arm.

“~~~~~-ah.” He started.

“Jae Hyun. What are you doing? In front of the girls’ bathroom?” You asked, while chuckled a bit.

“I saw you go by yourself so I thought it was safer to follow you.”

You were extremely grateful that Jae Hyun had come along. You saw Kris and Hyo Jin next to each other and your jealousy boiled. *Stop it ~~~~~. You have no feelings for him.*

“Get off me Hyo Jin. Do you know how much of a en leech you are?”

Hyo Jin scowled and sat back onto the couch. You headed to their direction to get some cash to buy a drink. Hyo Jin saw you approaching alongside Jae Hyun.

*Time to smash her heart.* Hyo Jin smirked and pulled a emotionless Kris  into a kiss.

-crack- you heard your heart shatter. *Crap.* Tears were threatening at the corners of your eyes. You ran to the table where Kris and Hyo Jin were sitting, grabbed your bag and ran off.

*Crap! ~~~~~.* Kris pushed Hyo Jin off and she fell in a heap on the ground.

“~~~~~! Come back!” He ran after you and of course, caught up. “Listen to me.”

“What Kris? I don’t need to listen. We’re not in any kind of relationship. I don’t have any emotions for you.”

“Why are you crying then?” Kris pressed.

“I’m not. It’s dark so I’m tearing up.” You shook him off you. Jae Hyun saw Kris troubling you and ran to you.

“Oh good. Jae Hyun. I’m going to go home. You can stay if you want.” You waved and ran off.

“What did you do now?” Jae Hyun shook his head at Kris then ran after you.

*What the hell does he mean? It’s not even his business.* Kris walked back to his table, grabbed his coat and left the party.

Jae Hyun swiftly grabbed your arm. “~~~~~. Stop. I’ll take you home.”

“You should stay.” You said.

“No. I’m leaving with you. I’ll tell the others so don’t worry.”

You did feel bad but appreciative that Jae Hyun offered to come along with you. “Thanks Jae.”

“No problem. So…to Kris’ house?”

“Can we go somewhere else?” You sighed.

“Sure. Park? The one near our school? I heard the smoothies there are really good.”

“Sounds good to me.”

Jae Hyun drove you to the Park and bought you both smoothies. “This is like a date huh?”

“If you say so. Never would expect to go on a ‘date’ with the notorious Jae Hyun.” You joked while taking a seat on the grass.

“Haha. What would you know? You are now.” He sat down next to you.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

COMMENT AND SUBSCRIBE!~