Part 16

I Need A Girl... Wait A Boy?

 

I need a girl.. wait a boy?

 

 

Part 16

 

A deep sigh of misery escaped from the young idol's lips, his shoulder deflated as he sat down on a bench in the park near around his dorm's neighborhood. He placed his palm on his forehead and puffed his heated up cheeks. After the short incident with the dance practice, Chanyeol decided to visit the park first before going home.

 

 

A hand landed on one of Chanyeol's arm, taking away the boy's attention to the owner of the hand. He tilted up his head, only to see his manager's worried face. “What happen just now?” I know you're not sick, Chanyeol-goon. Tell me what happen with you recently,” Manager Sunghwan asked, his tone sounds worried.

 

 

Chanyeol forced up a little smile and shook his head. “Nothing. Really, I just don't feel so well nowadays,”

 

 

Lacking of sleep?”

 

 

The young boy nods his head. Sunghwan muttered a little 'Aigoo', ruffling Chanyeol's head. “You little brat,” he playfully hissed. Chanyeol chuckled at his manager hyung's reaction, squealing a little apology.

 

 

Then the little bonding time ended when suddenly Sunghwan received a call. He answered the call, and it came from the staff from the company. Talking to the other line, the manager then left Chanyeol alone to find a more quiet place. When Chanyeol was all alone now, the boy clasped his cold hands together, feeling the cold atmosphere of the breezy park. His eyes wandered around his surroundings, in hope to find something interesting to look at.

 

 

Then something caught his interest. Chanyeol watched as a little kindergartener kid, wearing a blue t-shirt with this long dark raven hair that passed its shoulder (obviously a girl), skipped her ways to a place, where there was a group of another kindergarten boys gathered. Judging from the look of it, the boys were about to play soccer since there was one boy holding onto a ball. The little girl went towards them, but then Chanyeol was taken aback when suddenly the boy with the soccer ball pushed the kid away, making her fell down.

 

 

And instead of helping the poor kid out, the boys laughed at the girl before leaving the place. Chanyeol scoffed in irritation. How irresponsible they were.

 

 

Without any second to lose, the idol immediately went towards the kid. “Hey, you're alright?” He asked in a tone of concern, helping the kid stood up. When the little girl lifted up her gaze to Chanyeol, that was when Chanyeol knew it very clearly. That girl was definitely boy. “Hyung-nim,” The little boy sobbed, his eyes became teary.

 

 

Omo, did they hurt you?” Chanyeol asked, hoping to able to prevent the boy from crying. He patted his head on the kid's head, soothing him. “Hey don't cry. Why did they push you?”

 

 

The little boy sobbed. “Because they said I'm too girly to play with them,” and after that, he cried, tears streamed down to his cheeks.

 

 

Chanyeol became speechless. He didn't know what to say. And he had to agree this, that indeed the little boy really looks like a girl. The long black hair and skinny petite figure. No one wouldn't notice it's actually a boy on first glance. Then when Chanyeol stared into the boy, he couldn't help himself from reminding his own childhood. The time when he looked girly to people's eyes, being bullied either from male or female, misunderstanding and so on. Lucky enough, when he started to step into middle school, Chanyeol decided to change himself. For his own good.

 

 

You don't look girly at all. You're...” Chanyeol's voice trailed off as he tried to find a suitable word. The little boy looked at him hopefully. “Beautiful,”

 

 

But that's the same like girly!”

 

 

No it isn't,” the idol boy grins. He stood up straight, and the little boy looked up at him like he was a tower. “Beautiful and girly are not the same thing,”

 

 

You think so?”

 

 

Yeap. It's really different. Say, what's your name little boy?”

 

 

Taemin. I'm Lee Taemin,”

 

 

Alright then Lee Taemin. I'm Park Chanyeol,”

 

 

And when Chanyeol saw how hopeful Taemin's eyes were, he started to realized one thing. He was once like that.

 

 

--*--

 

Chanyeol-ah! What happen to you?!” Young thirteen year old Park Eunji gasped, bewildered to find her younger brother sitting beneath a tree in their old hometown. Little nine year old Chanyeol was covered with bits of blisters and wounds, and of course, tears that were still flowing down from his red puffy eyes.

 

 

Chanyeol sobbed and forced his hands to wipe away the tears from his eyes. “N-nothing,” he squeaked, shaking his head vigorously. However, his eyes were locked to his feet instead of looking at his sister.

 

 

Eunji noticed the tears right before he could even fully wipe it away. She smiled bitterly, placing her palms on both of her brother's cheek, lifting his face up so that the two were facing each other. And this time, Eunji definitely can see the tear stains and red eyes. It was such a pity, to Eunji's thoughts. Her younger brother was definitely beautiful. Those extremely glittery big eyes, soft milky white skin, red pouty lips that looks the best with a smile, long light brown hair that ends beneath his shoulders with a ponytail. Absolutely, he was pretty. “Tell noona what happen Chanyeollie,” She said, her voice sounds soft.

 

 

Every time Chanyeol hears that kind of tone from his sister, it was his biggest regrets. Of course, his tongue wouldn't stop saying things out that he wished to keep it for himself only. The boy opens his mouth. “The-They called me a girly ,” And that Chanyeol continued to sob.

 

 

Yah, why are you crying because of that?” Eunji spoke.

 

 

Because no one wants to play with me, noona!” Chanyeol cried, pulling himself into his older sister's embrace.

 

 

Really?” She said, caressing the younger's fine silky hair. “Too bad for them. My Chanyeol-saengie is beautiful, not girly. They'll regret for not playing with a beautiful person,” She beamed. And it was enough.

 

 

It was enough to convince Chanyeol.

 

 

--*--

 

Beautiful, is not the same as girly. When you define beauty, it means about the specialness about something that lies inside of you. Girly on the other hand is another term for girls persona. My Chanyeollie is a girl? No, right? So you're not girly. When you called a scenery is beautiful, does that means it's girly? No. When you called something beautiful, it means that you have something that people don't have,”

 

 

Taeminnie, do you want an ice cream?” Chanyeol stared at the little boy whose hand was linked protectively to his.

 

 

Yes!” The small boy beamed.

 

 

--*--

 

Wufan whistled a random melody as he took steps along the cold pavement of the autumn seasons. The wind slowly breezes through his dirty blonde hair. Fortunate enough he wore his long sleeved hoodie at that time. He fixed his cap to get his eyesight clearer. Since he was practically feeling bored stuck alone in his apartment, he thought it would be even worthwhile to take a stroll around the nearby park.

 

 

His ears were plugged by his earphone as he hears a song from his Ipod. His eyes were looking around left to right, searching something that was fun to do. But nonetheless, nothing seems attracting. The only thing he saw was the autumn trees and quiet empty pathway.

 

 

Then somehow as Wufan walks, he unconsciously found himself at a place. A quiet place which was the playground. It wasn't surprising enough to find the place a bit empty since it's like the weather was quite cold much to little kids comfort. He was about to go for the swings, but found another person beat him first. Wufan decided to leave, when he suddenly heard a familiar voice.

 

 

He turned around to the swings again, and this time he saw the person's face. That time, another person, but this time a little kid, went towards the person with two ice creams in his grip. The little kid handed an ice cream to the person, in which the older was gladly to accept and flashed a bright smile.

 

 

Chanyeol?”

 

 

In the mention of his name, Chanyeol quickly looked to the latter. “Oh, Kris hyung!”

 

--*--

 

So what are you doing here?” Wufan asked as he took another swing next to Chanyeol's. Chanyeol's eyes were focused to Taemin, who was playing with the sandbox. He held Taemin's ice cream as he took a bite of his own ice cream. “Got kick out from practice,” he nonchalantly said.

 

 

Wufan raised his brows. “Why?”

 

 

Chanyeol shrugged his shoulders. “I'm not feeling well today,”

 

 

I see.. Hope you'll be better,” The older male watched the little boy. “And whose that little kid?” He asked, pointing to Taemin. “My son,”

 

 

There was a huge deep silence around their atmosphere as Wufan tried to take in everything that the younger male had said to him. He stared at Chanyeol with a surprised face. “Son?! Yo- You're married already?!” Chanyeol laughed at the reaction he received from Wufan, feeling funny on how gullible the man can be.

 

 

Yah, is he really your son?” Wufan asked again when Chanyeol continued on laughing at him.

 

 

Muffling his laughter, Chanyeol choked. “I was just joking around, hyung!” He laughed again.

 

 

Wufan scoffed unsatisfying by the younger boy. He watched as the idol laughing that showed his perfect lined teeth and miraculously, Wufan could see hint of sparkles from the laughter. And somehow, he found the laughter a beautiful melody. Instead of giving a glare, Wufan's lips formed up a smile, and he slightly chuckled.

 

 

He then took off one of his ear plug and put it onto Chanyeol's left ear to make the boy stop laughing. He his Ipod and set a song to hear. And it worked. Chanyeol stops laughing all of a sudden. “Hey,” He squealed when he heard a familiar singing voice he recognized the most. “Isn't this one of my solo songs?” Chanyeol eyed the latter. Smirking, Wufan didn't answered him. Instead, he just let himself to hear the song.

 

 

The two males stayed in that position for the rest of their time, as both of them hear to the music they're listening together with Wufan's earphones. Chanyeol faced up to Wufan, flashing him a smile. In which Wufan sincerely smiled back to him too.

 

--*--

 

Eunji fixed her gaze to the beautiful empty blue sky above her. Her lips curved up to a small smile. She raises up her hand, and spread her palm open as if she was trying to reach the sky. She closes her hand back but remained up to the sky. “Beautiful,” she mumbled, praising the view.

 

 

Then she heard her friend's voices calling out her name. She pulls away her hand and stood up from the green grass, leaving the place.

 

 

 

TBC..

 

Now I feel like I want to make a special chapter for the lovely KaiSoo. Well, just for once, I'm focusing to another couple, right? ^^ (Cos I found this story is a little bit getting angsty all of a sudden. FML)

 

 

 

 

PS; After re-thinking it again, I had changed the amount of chapters to 25+. Might as well say that, this story has a very long way to go. Should I go for 100 chapters? LOL, that's too much XD what, you guys want?