Chapter 30::

Of A Dancer's Romance...

 

The bright lights continued into the spacey noraebang building. Kris was at the reception counter talking to the service girl, who was blushing as she spoke. I chuckled. “Yah. What’s so funny?”
 
I turned around and Baekhyun was standing there with his hands on his hips. “Oh. Umma Baekhyun has appeared.” He whacked me on the shoulder.
 
“Seriously, Sammy-ah. What’s so funny?” He asked.
 
“Look over there.” I pointed to Kris and the service girl. “If that girl’s face isn’t a tomato, then I don’t know what is.” I whispered.
“Whoa. That is fascinating.” Kris turned around with a receipt in his hand and walked back to us. The girl behind the reception desk was chatting furiously and giggling with one of her co-workers. 
 
Baekhyun and I took one look at Kris and burst out laughing. Everyone turned to look at us having a laughing fit and leaning on each other. I was wiping tears from my eyes when we realised the group had ditched us already. We ran to catch up with them.
Kyungsoo was turning on the karaoke machine when we walked inside. I went straight to Sehun and punched his arm. “Why’d you do that for, Sammy? It hurts!” 
 
He pretended to be in great pain from his arm and collapsed onto a couch. “Come and sit with me.”
 
I sat down next to him, but keeping a small distance between the two of us. Jongin was looking at us with interest. “Yah! Are the Hunmy couple fighting?” 
 
Everyone turned to look at us.
 
I shook my head. “No, I am actually mad at all of you for ditching Baekhyun and I back there. So I’m mad at everybody except for Baekhyun oppa.”
 
"In our defence, everyone was pushing us towards the room even though we told them to wait for you." Jongdae spoke up, gesturing to himself and Minseok. 
 
"Fine. I'm mad at everybody except for Baekhyun, Jongdae and Minseok oppas." I walked over to the said group.
 
"But Sammy-" Jongin started.
 
"But nothing. Let's just start already!!" I gave them a mischievous smile.
 
The pairs were as follows: Jongin and Kyungsoo, Jongdae and Xiumin, Chanyeol and Baekhyun, Tao and Kris, Suho and Lay and Sehun and Luhan. I told them that there were elimination rounds, whoever got the smaller amount of points on the noraebang machine would lose, and the winner would go the next round and so on.
 
In time, the teams were eliminated, but not in the order that you'd think. Baekhyun and Chanyeol were eliminated first after losing to Jongin and Kyungsoo. Soon after, Suho and Lay were eliminated, followed by Tao and Kris, who were followed by (much to my amusement) Sehun and Luhan. Jongdae and Xiumin were pitted against Kai and Kyungsoo, but they won. They got one wish, and that wish was for me to sing. I sighed. "You guys were all going to say that weren't you?"
 
They avoided my eyes. I amusedly rolled my eyes and stepped up to the microphone. "Any song requests, boys?" They thought i tover for a while and discussed it amongst themselves. I began to worry that they would choose a trot song that I wouldn't know how to sing.
 
"Aish! Pick one already!" I muttered impatiently.
 
"Alone. By Sistar." Luhan voiced out. I skimmed through the songbook and found the code for 'Alone' and promptly punched it in. The backing track started, and Hyorin's high notes were already playing, which threw me off a bit, but I just went for gold. It definitely wasn't and international stage, but it did very much feel like it. I finished the song and kind of just stood behind the microphone before shuffling back to my seat. Luhan practically jumped onto me, doing a sort of... man squeal? I can't really explain it, but he seemed to be very excited. "I proclaim you the next queen of kpop!" he shouted. I looked down and my cheeks warmed up. "I-I'm sure I'm not that good, I mean, I'm still just a trainee, I might be put into a group or someth-" 
 
Someone's finger was on my lip. Sehun's finger to be exact. "Don't downgrade yourself." He glanced at his hyungs. "I think I speak for all of us when I say that you really are amazing, Sammy." I smiled at him. He returned the smile, even more warmly than he had ever before. "Aaaand... kiss!"
 
I turned towards the voice. "Park Chanyeol. Go find yourself a girlfriend, you can't expect to live the rest of your life creating your own romance scenes, you know." I dryly said. The table laughed. 
 
"Sammy, I used to think you were nice." He turned away from everyone with an overly exaggerated pout. We managed to get him back to normal and decided to order drinks, and just spent time getting to know each other better. Their 'other half' had very colorful personalities- while Lay was a gentle, quiet type of person, Xiumin would not hesitate to make as much noise as he could. Everyone's personalities made the whole experience so much more fun than expected. In due time, sadly, both groups had to go back to the dorm. 
 
They walked me to my bus stop, it was really sweet of them. As they each bid me a goodnight, they gave me hug. Lifelong friends, I think that's what they're going to be. Finally it was Sehun's turn to say goodbye to me. He grabbed my hands and just stared into each other for a moment before he pulled into a hug. "You know, the hyungs really like you. I knew you had nothing to worry about." he whispered into my hair. We held each other even tighter, if that was possible. He pulled away, and I let out a little whine. "Sehunnnnnn!"
 
Next thing I knew, Sehun had pulled me close to his body again, but then flipped me so my body was held by him on a diagonal, and he was...kissing me. I eagerly returned it. Everything was so sweet at that moment. I had made new friends, my first day of training was just... wow, and Sehun and I? I was becoming more in love with him each day.
 
>>NEXT MORNING>>
 
I woke up sore everywhere the next morning. My throat felt scratchy from the singing from training and the noraebang, and the dance training left my muscles tight and not at all comfortable. I barely managed to drag myself out of bed and into the shower. The warm water coursed over my body and I just stood there, not doing anything.
 
I left the shower only to look at my clock sitting next to my books. I was running ten minutes late. Heh, good thing my new classroom is sort of near the gate. 
 
I quickly pulled on my school uniform and ran out of the house, grabbing a piece of toast with jam on it sitting on the table. Umma and Appa didn't get a good morning when I raced out the door. I reminded myself to apologise later.
 
Making it just on the bell, I spotted Sehun and Jongin walking to the new classroom. They looked so lively, and energetic, despite having double the training placed upon them. I groaned. I knew I didn't look my best today. Sehun waved me over and I trudged towards them, resting my head on Sehun's shoulder. "Sehunnie, how in the world do you put up with the training? I feel dead."
 
"Did you want a piggyback?" he asked mischievously.
 
I rolled my eyes and started wearily walking to the classroom. Kyungsoo was holding the door open for me. I quietly thanked him and walked in. Baekhyun and Chanyeol were already being noisy in their seats. I was told that they were always like this in class and groaned even louder while walking to a desk two rows in front of them. I laid my head down on the desk's smooth surface and closed my eyes. 
 
"I see a sleepy head."
 
I opened one eye and closed it again. It was Suho. "Oppa, please...don't. Training.. ."
 
He laughed. That's right, laugh at my misfortune. Or state. Whatever! I'm too sleepy for this.
 
"Miss Park, I think you will find that nap time is not for another hour or so."
 
I looked up to see our new teacher Dongmin in front of us. "Sorry, Dongmin songsaengnim. I had training yesterday. I-
l'll stay awake until recess. Pinky swear."
 
He looked satisfied with my answer. "I'll hold you to your word."
 
The first two periods were just basic introduction of what was going to happen in the classes.
 
"Your days will be composed of half-training and half-education. Each training class is centred around your own specific skill sets, and you will be split up occasionally in your group. Sammy, since you are a particularly talented individual, you will be having solo talent lessons, but will still learn with the boys. You will have four free periods a fortnight, as we know that training in and out of school is exhausting. I wish you all the best of luck for the rest of the year. Now, onto the first lesson in this classroom! Maths."
 
We all let out a despondent sound. "It might not be important now, but what about when you have children and they need help with homework?"
 
We focused.
 

Hi everybody~ 

Just a sort of filler chapter, I don't want to make this too long, so in the next chapter, there will be:

  1. A very long time skip.
  2. More Sehun fluffy fluffs.
  3. One more new drama.

I can't promise the new drama, but I will tell you that this fic is coming to an end soon.

sammyBee xx.

P.S, sorry if this chapter was crappy, I've been having severe writer's block and procrastination issues since i announced my hiatus. Please don't hate me, everyone.