Chapter ::8

Of A Dancer's Romance...

 

Today is our first morning lesson for the couple dance competition. Sehun was late by at least ten minutes.  I chuckled to myself. That’s so like him.

I was warming up when he walked in with Miss Park. She gave us a kind smile and said, “I hope you two know what you’re in for.”

Sehun and I exchanged confused glances. “Okay. On the day, we will be travelling in a group of seven- two pairs from the upper grades, you two, and myself. There will be at least fifty other couples, but only 13 from your age group.” We both nodded and walked to the middle of the floor, ready to practice.”

Yeah, turns out that the coupled dance isn’t ballroom. It’s actually just something like we did yesterday, except instead of having a one-minute long performance, we had to do a whole song. The song we chose was ‘Wings’ by Infinite. It was a very dramatic song, and the dance was equally impressive. Miss Park let us make up parts throughout the song so there would be a bit of freestyle. Again, there were lifts and a few dips, but it was fun. Every time we failed something, Sehun and I would have a laughing fit on the floor.

We had only made the first minute of a four-minute song, and we were already exhausted. We went through the finished choreo, and Miss Park let us off saying, “Good work you two. I was good to pick you. Go and hit the showers and freshen up.”

As we walked out of the classroom together, I pretended to sniff Sehun and exclaimed, “Whoa! Sehun you stink!!” I gave him a devious smile. He gave me dirty look and said, “I’m going to get you for that. On the count of three, if you don’t run, you’re in massive trouble.” He chuckled. “One…Two…”

My eyes widened and I started to sprint for the girl’s shower which was on the opposite side of where I was. That was indeed a long distance. Suddenly I heard Sehun’s footsteps behind me. How fast can he run?!

I started to put more power into my legs, feeling glad that I had breakfast that morning. (Breakfast is important, my lovelies~)

--SEHUN’S POV--

Sammy started to run faster. How cute. Too bad I have longer legs then her. I caught her waist and pulled her tightly towards me, with my chest touching her back. My heart was beating so fast! Was it because of the running or because like Baekhyun hyung said, that I have a crush on her?! Sammy started to squirm in my arms and started whining. “Sehuuuunnnn~! Let me gooooo!! You stink!”

I pretended to sniff her. “And you totally smell like roses.” She turned around, still in my embrace and pouted. “Oppa~ I will go take a shower now, and I will come back smelling like roses.” Then she did aegyo. Where did she learn how to do aegyo so well? She does it better than Tao! I had no chance but to let her go. I didn’t want to though. I didn’t care at all where we were or how many people were watching. SEHUN! Get your mind off it. Now.

I sighed and said, “Alright. But come back quickly. I bet I can take a quicker shower than you.”

She pulled a face and poked her tongue out at me. “Mehrong!” Then Sammy ran off towards the girl’s showers. I shook my head and walked into the boys. Lucky they have spare towels and stuff. I forgot to bring mine.

--SAMMY'S POV--

I was breathing heavily by the time I got into my shower cubicle. I was so close to Sehun just then! I calmed myself down as I the hot water tap. The water was soothing and I let it just run down my body and through my hair. I did all of those shower- related things and stepped out to start drying my hair. I put on my uniform first, wouldn’t want to be stepped in on by some random with just a towel on. I towel dried my hair first and then started blow drying it. Everything in this school is plush. The bathroom/shower rooms have these expensive brands of hair products and body stuff, and then you have hair accessories and a blow dryer! Hehehe, lucky~

I was fixing my hair into a plait on my right side with my bags out and a cute bow head band, and I started to think about Sehun again. He didn’t really stink. I just said that to . But did I really stink? I’ll ask him about it when I finish up.

--PROBABLY ABOUT 20 MINUTES LATER--

I walked out of the shower block, still fussing with my hair and then felt a hand holding my wrist. “Your hair looks fine.” I looked up to see Sehun smiling down at me. “And you really do smell like roses. I like it.” He grinned but stopped as he realised I wasn’t smiling back, but looking at the ground. “Sammy. What’s up?”

“Sehun, I didn’t really smell bad before, right?” I looked into his eyes with a hopeful expression.

He let out a warm laugh that could make anybody smile. “Of course you didn’t, Sammy. I was just teasing you!” I gave him a grateful smile. “Okay then, you didn’t really stink before.” I admitted while looking at my shoes, which were slightly scuffed. “I figured.” He let out his laugh again and said, “Come on, we both have to get to our classes.”

I nodded and we walked towards the school buildings.

==A/N==

Annyeong~ I feel like this is a long chappie for some reason. meh :D Anyway, hope you enjoyed this chapter and look forward to the future! <3

BTW: Tao now has an aegyo competitor! Hehehe~