Chapter ::19

Of A Dancer's Romance...

 

PLEASE READ THE A/N AT THE END OF THIS CHAPPIE~

 


 

Things got more exciting at school after I started dating Sehun. Now it wasn’t just me and Seohyun sitting together at lunch- it was me, Seohyun and EXO-K. Thing is, I hadn’t actually told Seohyun that they were EXO-K. All she knew was that Sehun was in our dance class, and that his five friends were incredibly attractive.

 

“Sammy-ah. Time to get to maths.” I rolled my eyes and sighed. “Can’t we just skip? I’m pretty sure our teacher hates me.”

Sehun chuckled. “Well, if you don’t want to graduate that’s fine with me…” he teased. I pouted at him, grabbed Seohyun and stomped off.

“He’s definitely thinking that you are mad at him. Look at him, Sammy. He acting all…. Upset.” Seohyun whispered.

“I’m just teasing. Knowing Sehun, he’ll probably text me or give me notes in class. Of course I’m going to forgive him!”

Seohyun giggled. “Sammy Park. Face of the talented, innocent dancer, mind of the devil’s child.” I shoved her shoulder and we both laughed while walking into class.

“Sammy and Seohyun! Please stop that racket and sit down quietly!” Mr Lee barked. Seohyun and I exchanged annoyed looks and made our way to our seats near the window. As we got our stuff out, Mr Lee started the lesson.  Sehun was sitting at the table right next to us. Like I predicted, he gave me a note.

(A/N:: Sehun’s notes are in bold. J)

Hey, I’m really sorry for what I said. I was only joking. <3

Well, it hurt that you said that. You made me sound like a delinquent. >: |

I quickly passed the note back to Sehun. He read it and a look of shock passed over his face.

I’ll do anything you want for you to forgive me. I’ll skip the next class with you. I know you hate Science. ^_^

I smiled.

I have a free period next period, idiot. You’re the only one who has Science next.

You didn’t have to call me an idiot, you know. I’ll talk to you at recess, okay?

I gave Sehun a quick nod.

Ah, yeah. I’ll be with D.O all next period. We’re getting our song together for the competition.

Don’t spend too much time with him! You’re my girlfriend…*pout*

I chuckled. “Miss Park! This is your second warning. Another one, and you’re on detention.” Mr Lee’s voice boomed from the front of the room. I saw Sehun attempt to stifle a laugh and I shot him a glare before going back to work.

I have to admit that I tingled a little bit after I read that last note. It felt good to be called his girlfriend. Unfortunately for me, I apparently had to ‘watch my back’ around school now. Aish. Also, the dance competition was cancelled in Seoul, so we were disappointed. However, the other two couples that were meant to compete are doing a showcase with us at the end of this semester.

The bell rang. I stood up and leaned over to Sehun, ruffling his hair. “I’m leaving for singing practice with your hyung. Have fun in science!” I teased. I was walking away and suddenly felt two arms snake around my waist. Sehun pulled me into a back hug and whispered, “No flirting, no nothing, because you’re my girl, okay?” His breath sent shivers down my spine. Does he not notice the effect he’s having on me?

“And you’re my guy.” I whispered back. It was only then that I realised that the class was reacting to our display of affection. The girls were giving me those deathly evil stares, and the guys were wriggling their eyebrows at Sehun. I blushed and rushed out of the classroom after waving to Sehun. As I walking through the corridor to the free music room where D.O would be waiting, I felt a sharp tap on my shoulder. I turned around, and Minji was standing there, in all her cake-faced glory.

“Hello.” I cheerily said, smiling.

“How the hell did you get in with my EXO-K oppas? Sleep your way in?” she smirked while her little cohorts snickered.

“For your information, I am still a . And if you really must ask, Sehun is in my dance class. We met each other there, and now he’s my boyfriend. Seeing as you now know, please let me go to singing practice.” I replied curtly. Keep your nose in your own business.

“This . Don’t think you can talk down to me like that. Stay away from them, or else.” She threatened.

“Please. It’s their choice. I don’t have any control over what they do. Neither do you.”

“Shut up!” Minji snarled and she slapped me. Across the face. Hard.

I held my hand up to my cheek. It was stinging. “We’ll be on our way then.”

To justify my actions against her, she started it, and she pissed me off. Regathering my thoughts I squatted down onto the floor and used my long legs to my advantage. I did that floor-sweeping kick that kung fu artists do and my foot made contact with Minji’s stilettos. She tripped and fell onto her knees, sideways. “Revenge. Now leave me alone.” I walked off, and I could feel her laser glare on my back, and I could hear her little friends cooing and making soothing noises to her.

I finally made my way to the music room. “D.O oppa! Mianhe, I’m late.” I apologised. “Don’t worry it’s fine. I was busy organising stuff for the competition. Who knew that there would be so much paperwork for some singing competition? Aish.” He ran a hand through his short hair. “Oppa, I’ll help.”

I was sorting through the piles of paper when I noticed him staring at me. “Oppa? Is there something on my face?” I reached up to touch my cheek and winced. “Sammy-ah. Have you been fighting with anyone?” I shook my head. There was no way that I was telling him what just happened. The news would blow up, and my ‘reputation’ would go down the drain, along with EXO-K’s. I’m definitely not letting that happen.

“Seohyun and I were going to high five in class, but she kind of… missed. Heh.” I shrugged. I hope he’s buying this.

--D.O’s POV--

I wasn’t buying it. If she looked in the mirror, she would see how flimsy her lie is. That red mark on her face is obviously from extremely hard contact from a hand. Instead, I nodded and said, “I’ll be back in a sec. I’m getting you an cold compress or something. Sammy smiled gratefully and went back to sorting papers. I have to tell the guys about this, especially Sehun. She’s practically family now…ah. I’m being mushy.

--SAMMY’S POV--

As D.O walked out, I put my hand to my cheek. “That was a rather flimsy lie, don’t you think, miss?” I looked up to see a boy in a uniform with brownish- blonde hair. “Was it?” I sighed.

“The mark on your face is hand-shaped and very red and obvious. That guy wasn’t buying the whole high five story.” He shrugged. I narrowed my eyes at him. “And you are?”

“Daehyun. Jung Daehyun. Pleased to make your acquaintance.” He held his hand out.

“Sammy. Park Sammy.” I smiled.

“Are you by any chance, that famous fashion designer’s daughter?” I nodded. “I came back from living in America for a few years.”

“That’s cool. So you can speak English?” he asked.

D.O came back in with an ice pack. “Sammy, who is he?” he eyed Daehyun suspiciously. “Oppa, this is Jung Daehyun. Daehyun, meet my D.O oppa.” They greeted each other the way that boys do.

“Hold on… Jung Daehyun. The genius singer of senior year?” His eyes bugged out and then he did something unexpected. He fanboyed. “It’s such an honour to meet you! Are you in the singing competition this year?”

Daehyun chuckled and shook his head. “I’m one of the judges. Are you two competing?”

I nodded, wide eyed. “We’re doing a duet.”

“Sammy, you look scared. Don’t worry, I don’t judge as harshly as the old people on the panel.” He smiled. “Good luck. And by the way, Sammy, I’m your oppa now.” He gave a brief wave before walking out of the music room.

“He seems nice.” I observed. D.O gripped my hands. “Sammy, do you how popular he is? Heaps of companies want to take him up, but he’s rejected all of them!”

“And he’s a good singer. He usually performs with his group B.A.P, but when he does solos, it’s amazing. I’ll show you a video of his most recent performance.”

D.O got his laptop out and quickly went to his files. Wow, he really respects Daehyun oppa.

He clicked on the video.

(A/N: WATCH IT HERE!! Daehyun’s part doesn’t start until the 1:06 mark.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y8s3K5bSWAM

 

He was really good. And that high note was… amazing!

“Sammy, close your mouth. A fly might come in.” he joked.

“D.O oppa, why do I feel glad that we won’t be going up against Daehyun oppa?” I asked, still in a sort of trance.

He chuckled. “Let’s get practicing.”

We planned out the performance. I would start on the stage first, singing the first verse and chorus of ‘What I Want To Do If I Have A Lover’. D.O would then walk onto the stage, and do the second verse and chorus, then we would finish off the song together. And then we started practicing.

We finished the song and at the same time said, “We need to work on the high note.” I stared at each other for a second and burst out laughing. “Well, I see we’re having a good time in here!”

We turned towards the voice. “Bacon oppa!” I exclaimed. I rushed over to him and hugged him. “Bacon oppa…?”

“You see, sometimes when I say your name, it sounds like the English word for ‘bacon’. Plus, it’s easier to say.” I explained.

“Baekhyun hyung, would you like to hear what we’ve prepared? We’ll only do up to the second chorus.” Baekhyun nodded, and we proceeded to fill up the room with music.

By the time we had finished, Bacon had his star struck face on. “Oppa. We’re not idols.”

“BUT YOU WERE SO GOOD! SAMMY, YOU SOUND EVN BETTER THAN THAT TIME IN THE DINING ROOM!” he screamed. “Hyung. There is something called silence. You should try it.” D.O calmly said. Baekhyun stopped fanboying and closed his mouth.

“D.O, do you think we could show her our song?” he asked. D.O nodded and looked for the file in his laptop. Soon enough, their voices filled the room in a harmonious duet. I felt my jaw drop. They’re so good. No wonder a huge company like S.M picked them up.

“Oppas, I was thinking… that maybe I could do the competition by myself.” They looked at me, obviously shocked. “Why?!”

“You guys sound better together than me and D.O.” I said. “You guys can compete together. I have a backup plan, don’t worry.

They looked at each other. “Are you sure, Sammy-ah?” Baekhyun asked.

“Yep. You guys don’t need to worry about me.” I walked out of the room after saying bye and looked back at them. They were already discussing their performance. Excited oppas. So silly.

The bell rang, and I heard pounding footsteps behind me. Like someone was running at me. Is this what they meant by ‘watch your back’? I turned around and ducked, covering my head.

“Sammy-ah, what are you doing?” I looked up to see a puzzled Kai and Chanyeol staring down at me. “Oh. Hi oppas. I just thought that someone was going to run me over. Are you always this loud when doing stuff?” I asked.

“Yes, yes they are. You wouldn’t believe the amount of noise they make anywhere.” I heard a voice behind me. “Hi Suho oppa.” He smiled back at me. “Where is Sehun and the two singers?” I figured he meant Bacon and D.O oppas. I was wondering where Sehun was too, seeing as the ‘two singers’ were making their way towards us.

“Meh. I’m hungry, let’s go down and eat. Knowing Sehun, he’ll probably be down there with chocolate bubble tea or chocolate pudding. Come on!” Chanyeol exclaimed, dragging me to the cafeteria. I pulled against him. “Channie oppa! There. New nickname.” I replied to his confused face. “I have to wait for Seohyun. Ah! There she is.”

I ran up to her and gave her a huge hug. “Whoa, slow down girl! It’s only been a period.” I chuckled with her and we made our way towards the group, minus Sehun. “So I heard you’d be competing at the singing competition?” I nodded. “You have to as well. You know singing is your strong point.”

“Pfft. There’s no way that I’d win against you, Sammy.” I looked at her in disbelief. “Kai’s going to be in the audience cheering for us, you know?” Her face brightened up at the mention of Kai. “Really?”

I nodded. “You do like him, don’t you?” I smirked.

“Shh! I don’t know if it’s just a passing thing, Sammy. Give it time! Being friends with him is enough for me.” Seohyun was blushing.

“SEOHYUN, YOU’RE SO CUTE!~” I shouted.

People in the hallway gave us looks while we were walking a little bit in front of the boys. The looks were mainly from their jealous fangirls, who were giving us dirties. Kai seemed to love the attention though. He was even doing fan service. Big ego Kai oppa. I giggled to myself as we made our way into the cafeteria.

--SEHUN’S POV--

I was eating my chocolate pudding when I saw Sammy and her friend Seohyun walk into the cafeteria with the rest of my group. I felt a smile creep its way onto my face. Sammy was laughing with Seohyun as they shared a joke.

The group arrived at my table. “Sammy~” I greeted her as she sat next to me. I grabbed her hand under the table. “Tell me what happened to your face. Now.” I whispered.

D.O hyung heard me. “Actually, Sehun, we were going to talk about that now. It’s better if we all know. Soon enough the whole table was looking curiously at Sammy. I felt her shrink and she tried to hide behind my shoulder, but I reassured her that everything would be okay.

==A/N==

Hey everyone~ I’m sorry for being such a moody loser towards you guys recently, so here’s a gif: (Please excuse the language >.<)

 

Anyway, there was too much stuff in this chapter, so I’ve decided to cut in in half. The other half shall be up tomorrow!

I’ve hit 15 subscribers! Yay! Thank you to chickenx, may249, dreamer_kid08 and Happy Angel for subscribing~

I wonder how EXO-K will react? Hmmm….

AND THE PLOT THICKENS. Or something like that. ^_^

sammyBee xx.