Epilogue

Of A Dancer's Romance...

BoA- Disturbance


The Present

I walked through the door of the sunlit house, looking for him. "Oh Minhyun, get here right now, Umma's trying to find you!" I called. What if he disappeared outside, and some stranger took him?

My breathing became more difficult as I continued to search for my son. "Minhyun..?" My yells had tranformed to whispers.

There I saw my precious little boy, still only a toddler and learning how to walk. He was curled up into a larger body, one with soft, shiny brown hair and perfectly smooth skin. 

I walked over to the sleeping duo. "Hey, Minhyun... you hungry yet?" I asked as I knelt down to my child's eye level. His eyelids fluttered as he awoke. "Umma... Minhyun is hungry. Minhyun wants milk..." He whined.

"Sure, sweetie. Come with Umma?" He nodded and I wrapped my arms around his tiny frame, carrying him to the kitchen and putting him on the bench in a sitting position. I smiled when he started rubbing his eyes and emitting a silent yawn. "Why isn't Appa awake?"

I laughed. "Appa is an old man now, Minhyun. He needs naps like you."

Minhyun's eyes widened in shock. "Minhyun is old?" he exclaimed, pointing to himself.

I laughed again while shaking his bottle. "No, Hyunnie. You're still young. Only appa is old, and he needs naps because he's like a baby."

Minhyun nodded in understanding. "OH! Appa, Umma said that you're old!"

I turned around to 'Appa'. He was leaning on the door rubbing his eyes like his son. "Honey, why did you call me old? Can you see my heart shattering on the floor?" He said, grinning cheekily. I rolled my eyes and turned to Minhyun. "Here, baby. Drink up and grow big and strong like your Appa, okay?"

Minhyun got to work as soon as he had the bottle in his hands, his eyes turning into crescent moons with his happiness of having milk.

I felt arms snake around my waist. "Old habits die hard, hmm?" I turned around. "Oh Sehun, let go of me this instant, I'm busy!"  I ordered.

"You're my wife though, you're not meant to talk to me like that, honey." He smirked, leaning down slightly so that our lips were only centimetres apart. "I'll have to punish you, don't you think?"

He pressed his lips onto mine. It was the same sensation every single time, tingling and a rush of warmth spreading through my body from his touch. I pulled away. "You cheeky husband." I pulled out of his embrace and walked up the spiral stairs of our cosy house. Every two steps, there was a picture.

At the bottom, a secret picture taken by Sehun when we were in high school. My hair was still waist-length then, I cut my hair short just after I had Minhyun.

The next picture, me wearing that soft grey beanie that Sehun gave me at the mall. It's worn now, with a few holes. I still keep it as a memory. Sehun has his too.

The third picture was a picture of the boys of EXO-K. They still look the same now, I think they're ageless.

The fourth picture onwards until the seventh picture were all couple pictures of us. We were always smiling, always pulling a cute couple pose, always close.

The eighth picture was a picture of me singing my heart out at the day of the school competition. The lighting and stage effects made me look more glamourous than I was that day. I remember Sehun's little trick to get me less nervous before going up on stage.

The ninth picture, a collage of the day I debuted and the night Sehun gave me the bracelet. I was holding up my wrist while kissing Sehun, the charm glistening in the somewhat dim lights of my dance room at the S.M building. The picture was taken by a very sneaky Yixing oppa. I remember feeling my face heat up even more than normal, and everyone laughing at me, including Sehun.

The tenth picture. I arrived at it and froze. The day Sehun and I got married. It was the second largest picture on the wall, and it was beautiful. I was held close to Sehun wearing my white wedding gown- a white, flowing piece of silky cloth with a sweetheart neckline and embellished with pearl motifs. It was the most beautiful thing I had ever worn. I was holding a bouquet of both red and white roses in my hand, smiling gently to the camera. Sehun's smile might have been the most beautiful thing on that day though. The sparkle in his eyes as he saw me walk down the aisle to him with my father was the most irreplacable thing. All of EXO was at our wedding. Seohyun was there too, that day, Jongin proposed to her after dating her for three years. Their wedding will be in the spring of this year.

The eleventh and final photo... a picture of my family. Sehun, Minhyun and I, lying down in a soft white bed prepared by photographers. The day Minhyun was born, I felt like this, this was the happiness I had been waiting for all my life. This was everything I had ever wanted, not even the exhilaration and overwhelming satisfaction of singing and dancing on an international stage could beat it.

The photo was released to the public a week after. I went online with Minhyun sitting on my lap, looking at comments like the ones I used to post when I wasn't an international performer. 

Sehun oppa and Sammy unnie, you look so happy! Congratulations on having your beautiful Minhyun, live happily~

Sammy unnie, I'm so proud of you and I think you'll be a wonderful mother~ guide him well! You too, Sehun oppa, we'll be watching kekeke

Sehun! Be good to your son, Exotics everywhere are so happy for you and your beautiful wife, we wish you only the best for the future.

Minhyunnie, grow up strong and healthily like your parents~ Even though we might never meet each other in this life, I am positive that your parents will love and cherish you like they cherish each other.

I called Miyoung. "Hello, my lovely new Umma, how is little Minhyun, hm?" she asked in a baby voice, making me laugh. Minhyun also laughed.

"Do you think it would be okay for Minhyun to meet my fans and the EXOtics too?" I asked.

There was silence on the other line. "Sammy, sweetie. He's only a week old, and you're only just getting used to being a mother. It's not a good idea, and it's the reason why you took a break from activities last year."

I nodded. "Okay then. Thank you, unnie." I hung up.

We waited until Minhyun was two years old before showing him to the public. We called Miyoung and Mr Soo Man. They set up a fanmeet, open only to one hundred of my fans and one hundred Exotics. It was held in the very auditorium where I waited to be called to my audition. Fans came up onto the stage and got to see Minhyun and get autographs and photos at the same time, it was amazing. Minhyun made little sounds of happiness whenever a fan squealed or cooed at him. 

Strange thing is, the event was televised. An interviewer came to ask me when I would be coming back onto the stage. I just gave her a smile that could be interpreted as anything and said, "We'll have to wait and see."

New articles popped up all over the internet showcasing little Minhyun, and my ambiguous answer to a question everyone wanted the answer to.

Minhyun is three years old now, and about to start preschool. I've been recording an album all about mine and Sehun's journey to what we have today. Each song is based on these very pictures. It's happy.

Like us.

I sit down on the couch sighing in happiness. Soon, a heavy body joins me and embraces me tightly. "Sammy- ah~" it says.

"Sehun," I whisper, cuddling into that familiar chest. Another pair of arms appear and wrap themselves around my neck. "Umma."

"Minhyun." I breathe, smiling.

"We love you, Umma." I look up from Sehun's chest to see Minhyun attempting to make a heart the same way his uncle Jongin does, with his elbows touching and each hand shaped into a curve. I laugh. "Come here, baby." He crawls back to me.

"I love you so much."


It's OVER.

I honestly didn't think that posting the last chapter would actually hurt this much, I feel like a child is leaving me to go live on their own or something. It doesn't matter though, because what matters now is you guys, my lovely subscribers.

I would like to thank all of the beautiful people who have subscribed to this fluffy mess since the beginning when this story was created, or in the middle when I finally found my flow, or even right when this chapter was published. I really do feel like I have a lot of friends here, even if you were a silent reader and didn't comment at all- I love you, all of you. I'm very very very grateful that you all choose to stick with me through writer's block and two hiatuses, I'd like to thank you for your patience.

I'd really love for you all to comment on the final chapter, tell me what you thought of my story, tell me what you liked and didn't like, tell me everything.

For the last time in this story,

xo sammyBee

P.S: The next fanfic I'll be putting up will be more gritty ahahaha. I'm sadistic