Chapter 23::

Of A Dancer's Romance...

 

A few days passed after that little ‘thing’ with Sehun. He hadn’t contacted me at all. He didn’t respond to my texts, or pick up my calls. They always went to voicemail. By then, I was in a really bad place- I wasn’t as lively as I used to be. I wasn’t dancing while doing normal stuff like I usually did. I was a zombie. In a last attempt, I tried to ring him again. I heard the noise a phone makes when it picks up. But it wasn’t him.

 

I threw my phone onto the bed in frustration. Why? Sehun, what are you doing right now? I need to talk to you. I flopped down onto my bed and stared at the ceiling, waiting to cry. I couldn’t cry, no matter how hard I tried. Weird, right?

My phone started ringing right next to my ear. I picked it up without bothering to look at the caller ID. “Hello?” I asked in a hopeful voice.

“It’s Baekhyun.” My shoulders drooped. “Hi oppa. Why are you calling?”

“I wanted to talk to you. Over some coffee, maybe? It’s important and it’s been bothering me for the past few days. Heh.” I could see him shrugging on the other end.

“Sure. I’ll be at the Coffee Cat in fifteen minutes.” I hung up and prepared myself for the outing. Shower, minimal make up and clothes- a blouse, skirt and cardigan combo with gladiator sandals. I didn’t wash my hair, so I put my hair in a fishtail plait on the side. Umma was at her office, already planning new designs for her summer collection, so I walked out the door and locked it before boarding the bus to the café district.

>>TEN MINUTES LATER>>

I arrived at the entrance of the district and walked down the middle of the street to the Coffee Cat. No cars were allowed in the streets, so people just walked around on the roads freely and the smell of coffee beans was everywhere.

I arrived at the front of the Coffee Cat and entered. “Annyeonghaseyeo!” one of the waitresses greeted me. “Will you be by yourself today?” I shook my head. “Actually, there is someone waiting for me… the spastic down the back of your café.”

The waitress turned back and giggled. “Is he your boyfriend?” I held back a laugh. “Aniyo. He’s one of my boyfriend’s friends.” You’re not even sure if he’s your boyfriend anymore…

I bowed to the waitress and walked down the back. “You know, Seohyun works here some days. You should’ve brought Kai.” I smiled.

Baekhyun chuckled. “When does she work? I’ll tell him. They’ve totally got something for each other.”

“She works Wednesday afternoons and Sunday mornings. So, tomorrow morning.” I answered.

He wrote what I dictated down on a napkin. “I actually needed to talk to you about something serious.”

The waitress came over to take our orders, stopping the conversation for a minute. She walked back to the counter. “You and Sehun. That day at the park. What happened?”

“I knew this was going to come up.” I sighed. “I needed to talk about him about my moodiness lately, you know? I snapped at him at few times, so I apologised for my behaviour. He told me that I had done nothing wrong. Then I told him why I was like that. The S.M auditions in a few months, my dance exam next week and the mountain of assignments and then how I was practicing with Daehyun for the auditions. Then he just became stiff and cold and walked off.” Baekhyun sat there contemplating his thoughts. The waitress brought our drinks.

“He’s jealous of you spending time with someone other than him.” My mouth made an ‘o’. “Why would he be jealous of Daehyun? He’s just a friend, and a sunbae.”

“You see, guys tend to feel a bit… threatened when faced with another guy. You’ll have to ask him how he feels at the moment. He’s been a bit lacklustre in the dorms lately.” He scratched the side of his head.  

“How exactly am I meant to ask him if he’s not picking up my calls or answering my texts?”

“Ask him at school.” What if he doesn’t want to talk to me even then?

While we were sipping our drinks, the conversation drifted off into random things, like how counting sheep never gets anyone to sleep, Chanyeol’s hyperness and D.O’s kimchi spaghetti. When it was time to leave, we walked out together and separated. He said to expect the unexpected. Pfft. Silly Baekhyun.

I boarded the bus back to my street. When I arrived home, the smell of something frying and the sound of something sizzling came from the kitchen. Umma’s home early! How surprising! I walked towards the kitchen.

--SEHUN--

That day at the park was kind of… depressing to think about. Thank goodness for Baekhyun hyung and his counselling sessions. He gave me a push forward, saying that I should use my copy of Sammy’s house keys and cook something for her as apology. So, I took his advice. Good thing I at least knew how to cook fried rice. I was still finishing it up when I heard the door being opened. Sammy’s home. What should I say to her? Is she mad at me? She should be- I haven’t contacted her at all.

--SAMMY--

I walked in and saw the most unexpected thing. Like, ever. SEHUN was standing at the stove making food. I had no idea he knew how to cook.

He turned his head towards me, and his gaze pierced right through me somehow. I wanted to run to him and bury my face in his chest and just cling to him, but something stopped me. “…Hey.” He said. I missed this voice. Words wouldn’t even be able to explain my feelings at that moment.

“Hi. How did you get in?” I asked, puzzled.

“Your umma mailed me spare keys.”

I nodded, too lost for words. “Go and sit down in the lounge. I’ll be over there in a sec with the food.”

Wordlessly, I walked into the living room and plonked myself down on the couch. I wrung my hands together, not knowing what to say to him at all, when he came in carrying two steaming bowls of fried rice and chopsticks. I accepted one with a quiet, “Thank you.”

We sat there in a tense silence. Words were desperate to come out of my mouth. Angry words. Frustrated words. Sad words. “How have you been?” His voice cut through the silence like a knife. I exploded.

“How have I been? Sehun, do you know what it’s like to have somebody completely ignore your existence? Huh? It freaking hurts, okay?!” My voice started to break and tears threatened to roll down my cheeks. “And- and you just walked off without saying anything. I don’t know if you’re mad at me or-”

The tears came out. Why does this always happen? “I missed you. I missed you so much, Sehun. I missed you so much that it hurt.”

--SEHUN--

“I don’t know if you were mad at me or-” she started to cry. If anything, I’m mad at myself. How childish were my actions that day?

“I missed you so much that it hurt.” That was my limit. I took both our bowls and set them down on the table before attacking Sammy with a tender hug. (A/N: Yeah, I dunno either.) I didn’t care if my shirt got soaked. I just needed to stop her crying. “I’m so sorry. I was jealous of him.” I murmured into her hair. I felt her bury her face deeper into my chest and a small smile crept onto my face.

I tilted her head up. “You look beautiful even when you’re crying.” It was true. Tiny drops of water were making her brown eyes glisten, and was turned down into a cute little pout.

--SAMMY--

He was jealous all along. I smiled as I snuggled into his chest. He tilted my head up and said that, and it made me blush. He wiped away my tears.

“Can I kiss you?” he asked.

“You don’t even have to ask, you know..” With that, he pounced on me. It started to get more passionate, and he my bottom lip, asking for entrance, which I granted. Our tongues fought a little- it was a weird but nice sensation. I put my arms around his neck and pulled him closer to me, running my hands through his hair. We were kissing until we heard the doorbell. “YAH! MAKNAE AND SAMMY, OPEN THE DOOR! WE HAVE CHICKEN! IT’S CRISPY!”

I stood up and Sehun did too, his arms wrapped around my waist. I walked to the door, Sehun having his arms permanently wrapped in that position. The group rushed past me. After letting them in, Baekhyun stayed behind to talk to the both of us.

“I don’t want any more dramas, okay? I trust everything’s better now?” We both nodded. “I was right to give you that push, Sehun-ah. By the way, Sammy, you might want to fix up your hair. It’s a bit… um, yeah. I’ll just go eat with the guys now.” Baekhyun walked off.

I checked my hair in the mirror and blushed. It was totally messed up, thanks to Sehun. “Watch your hands next time, Sehun.” I hit his chest playfully. “It was not my fault!” he protested. We laughed and walked into the living room, where Chanyeol was eating MY fried rice. “YAH! CHANYEOL OPPA! STOP EATING MY FOOD! SEHUN MADE THAT FOR ME!!!” he shrugged and kept eating.

“Sammy, we can share mine.” Sehun had placed himself on the couch and gestured to his lap. “Are you sure I’m not too heavy?” he shook his head. I walked over and sat myself down. He had a spoonful of rice ready for me to eat. I chomped down on it eagerly. Park Chanyeol, I shall have my revenge. Chanyeol seemed to hear my thoughts and stared at me, wide eyed. I smirked at him.

I guess everything’s back to normal now.

I remembered I had something to do. “Oppas, you can entertain yourselves for the next hour or so. Um, T.V, DVD’s, PS3, Wii, computer.” I said as I pointed to each thing.

I hurried into my room to change into my dance practice clothes. ¾ leggings, white racer back singlet and a British print cropped t-shirt. I also grabbed my pointe shoes and contemporary shoes. I came back into the living room to check on the guys. Kai and Chanyeol were on the Playstation, Suho and D.O were in the kitchen being responsible and cleaning up the dishes and Sehun and Baekhyun were looking at leather jackets on the computer. I smiled. This could totally become their second home.

I walked down the hallway to my dance room thing. It had surround sound, and wall that was just mirror.

I stretched for a few minutes before putting on my pointe shoes. My dance was very physically and artistically demanding, so I had practiced the piece over and over in my spare time, even dancing in my head on the way to school. I turned the music off to have a break when Kai walked in. I waved at him.

“You know I’m classically trained like you? I just don’t like ballet. Too formal and technical. I like other stuff, I guess.”

“And you’re telling me this because…?” I asked.

He shrugged. “I like watching you dance. It’s calming. I guess. Sehun’s eyes go shiny when he watches you dance.”

The rest of the gang walked into the studio room and sat themselves down. “Sammy, could you show us your contemporary piece? Then we’ll have Kai and Sehun do their duet dance.” Suho said. I nodded. “Sure.”

I the music and went to my place on the floor. My contemporary dance was full of leaps and turns- I really liked it, because it was emotional too.

I finished it lying sideways on the floor, my head facing down.

Kai got up and plugged his ipod into the sound system. “I’m improvising, okay?” he said. The music started and and so did Kai.

[VIDEO]

He was so smooth when he danced. Like liquid, almost. I could imagine him in a dance video, dancing that in a puddle of water... in slow motion. “Way to make me feel better about my dancing ability, Kai.” I muttered.

He grinned. “We’re just as good as each other. Heck, I would go as far to say that we would both get into the South Korean Ballet Company.” I laughed. “Maybe.” I turned to Sehun. “It’s your turn. Go up and dance.” I squeezed his arm. “I’ll go get some snacks.”

Unknowingly, Sehun had followed me into the kitchen. “You know, I think you’re a better dancer than Kai.” I laughed. “Yeah, I think I’m better than Kai too. Come on, I really want to see you dance now.” Sehun walked ahead of me after taking a chip out of the bowl. Lay’s Original salted flavour.

The music started and Sehun and Kai began dancing. This time, my whole focus was on Sehun. He danced smoothly as well. Passionately.

[VIDEO]

I clapped and gave him my best eye smile. He laughed. And came to sit down next to me. They rest of the group was being random at the front. “Do you think we could sleep over tonight? We have a week off from trainee schedules. It’ll be fun!”

“You’ll have to ask me that, Oh Sehun.” A voice came in from the doorway.

I smiled. “Hi, umma.”

 

 


 

==A/N==

I’ve been busting to get this chapter out for soooo long!! Did you see Sehun’s dance with BoA? MY FEELS. SEHUN WHY ARE YOU SO Y AND PERFECT AND UNF!

I apologise on behalf of myself. Look forward to the next chapter, and don’t forget to comment and subscribe! Kamsahamnida to those who do!!

Goodbye my lovelies, until the next update!

sammyBee xx.