Chapter 14::

Of A Dancer's Romance...

 

Do I like Sehun…?

My mouth was open. “O-oppa, what do you mean?” I asked Baekhyun. “I meant ‘like’ as in ‘I have a crush’.” I stared at him for a second, thinking of how much time I’ve spent with Sehun. The day we met, the ice cream date, the angel bear, our first hug, how close we were that first time we danced together and today, when we held each other for the longest time. My heart was beating so fast.

I...like Sehun. A lot. How could I not have realised before? All of the times when my heart beat so fast when he was near, and the fact that I love his presence. Sammy, why are you so dumb, to think that it was only a simple crush that you would get over in a week?

I turned to Baekhyun and nodded. “Y-yeah. I really like Sehun.” I whispered. I realised what I had said and covered my mouth, and my cheeks turned a very rosy shade of pink. Baekhyun smiled. “I thought so. Act quickly, okay?” He gave me a wink and walked out of the room, leaving me to think about everything that just happened. Ten minutes later, Sehun walked in. “Sammy-ah, it’s time for dinner. Um, we’ll be sleeping in the same room for tonight. Suho hyung gave me his bed, so you can sleep on mine. Let’s go?” he held out his hand. I studied his face for a second. Wordlessly, I nodded and held his hand as we walked to the dining room. His hyungs stared at us when we sat down. “Hey, maknae. Why were you and Sammy holding hands?” Kai asked. I stifled a squeal and focused on my food. “Don’t tell me. You guys are a couple.” I looked up and shook my head furiously, messing up my hair. “Okay, okay! So what happened?”

“Sammy was still a bit unsteady from that thunderstorm. So, I held her hand. That’s all.” Sehun said. His voice was jittery. Huh…? Sehun, you’re not usually like this. I looked over at Baekhyun and gave him a ‘what’s going on?’ look. He shrugged and continued to eat. Sehun and I didn’t talk to each other for the remainder of the dinner. He seemed too preoccupied by something. While the rest of the table was rowdy and loud, we were quiet. After dinner, I asked if I could have shower. “Uh- we only have guy’s stuff…are you okay with that?” D.O asked uncertainly. “Hehe, this is one of the times that buying a mini shower pack when your shopping is useful.” I pulled it out of a small baby pink shopping back and showed them. “Strawberry vanilla.” Sehun walked away and came back with a towel. “Here. Take your time.” I nodded and walked towards the bathroom- they told me where it was.

I stepped into the shower and let the warmth run down my body. It was calming, so I started to think about dinner. Why was Sehun acting like that? I wonder if he’ll talk to me before bed, even though he spoke to me just now. I finished showering, and the whole bathroom smelt like my shampoo and body wash. I walked out and swung into my room, singing ‘Love Day’ by Yoseob and Eunji, students who went to the arts university that our school was joined to. “Sammy-ah, you can sing.” D.O was standing in the hallway. “Kyungsoo oppa! Ah- um, no, I’m not that good.” I looked down at my feet. He looked mesmerised. I never thought of my voice as good. He laughed. “Sammy-ah, do you think you’d like to compete in a singing competition with me?” I was gobsmacked. Me? In a singing competition? “Oppa, I’ll think about it.” He nodded and went to his room, which he shared with Kai.

--GOING BACK A BIT TO SEHUN’S POV--

While Sammy was having a shower, Baekhyun hyung walked into my room. I was reading on the bed when he suddenly said, “Sehun-ah. Do you like Sammy?” I looked up from my book, shocked. His question was so direct. “H-hyung, you already know. I really like her, and today only made my feelings for her even clearer to me!” he just nodded. “Look, I know that we’re not supposed to date and all, but I’m rooting for you guys.” Baekhyun hyung supports us! “Thank you hyung. But what if she doesn’t like me back?” He shrugged and said, “I think you should act on it. Confess to her.”

My eyes bugged out of their sockets. “Are you sure? I mean, I really want to but…” Baekhyun hyung gave me small smile and said, “Just remember that I’m rooting for you.” He made his way out of my room.

Sammy finished showering and I asked if she wanted me to leave while she got changed. She gave me an embarrassed nod, so I went and sat on the couch. Kai and Chanyeol were watching ‘Playful Kiss’. I unsuccessfully covered up a laugh and they instantly jumped onto me. “Sehun-ah, have you got a problem with guys watching dramas?” I shook my head and said, “I just thought you guys would rather watch action stuff, like City Hunter. Not Playful Kiss.” They relaxed their grip on me. “Hmph. This drama’s actually pretty interesting. Come watch with us.” Chanyeol hyung said.

I struggled against them, but finally gave up and watched. They were right, it was interesting. Soon, I got bored so I ended up reading my book again. “Hyungs, I’m going to bed. Good night!” I waved o them, but they were too engrossed in the drama.

--FAST FORWARD--

I walked into my room, and Sammy was going through her shopping bags. She looked up and exclaimed, “Oppa, how lucky am I? I actually bought some pyjamas while we were shopping too. Do you like them?” She swung in a circle, and I chuckled. “They look great on you. Very cute.” Suddenly she yawned. “You’re already tired?” I asked, amused. “Oppa, whenever I have showers before bed, it makes me a little bit sleepy. Can we stay up and talk about… stuff?” she asked. I nodded and said, “Sammy-ah, I’m going to change.” She nodded and made herself comfortable on my bed. “Oppa, hurry up. The more I wait, the less time we’ll have to talk!” she joked. I rolled my eyes jokingly and walked to the bathroom. It smelt like vanilla and strawberry. I wonder if I hugged Sammy, would she smell like this?

==A/N==

Annyeong! Well, I know this was an uneventful chapter, but just look forward to the next chapter. A big thank you to a new subscriber, CookieManiac. Hope you keep on enjoying the story!

Comments, questions, and whatever are always welcome, and you can even ask for spoilers if you would like to. Turns out I do my best thinking at night, so I plan the chapters at night. I’ve already drafted up to Chapter 19! I love you beautiful people!

sammyBee xx.