Chapter 25::

Of A Dancer's Romance...

 

The day of the auditions arrived. I practiced my off for a month just singing wherever I went, and occasionally, I freaked people out as I walked behind them. Seohyun was getting a little annoyed with me, though.

Anyway, back to the auditions. I woke up with the jitters, and they stayed with me all morning. I couldn’t even eat my cereal properly, and umma was looking at me weirdly. “Sammy-ah. Why are you shaking like that? Milk’s spilling all over the table.” I looked down. Tiny little drops of the white liquid were spattered around my bowl. I set the bowl down before whispering a jittery, “Mianhe.” and walking to the kitchen to get a dishcloth. Thing is, umma didn’t know that I was even auditioning. Like I said, she didn’t even know that I could sing.

I trudged up the stairs to my room and leaned against the door, taking in deep breaths. I had finally calmed myself down when a knock on my door that made me jump. I opened it. Umma was standing there with an unreadable expression on her face. “We need to talk.”

She walked into my room and sat herself down on my bed before patting the spot beside her. “You’re auditioning for S.M today, aren’t you?”

My head whipped around to her. “How did you know?” she chuckled. “I was at your school performance. I also saw when the scout gave you the audition papers.”

My mouth made an ‘o’. “All I want to do is wish you good luck. Sehun’s picking you up with the group and taking you- he told me he would because he has a training schedule today. He’s coming here in an hour. Get ready.” she said. "I’m sorry I can’t be there today.”

Water gathered in the corners of my eyes. “Hey now, don’t cry, you baby.” We hugged each other for the longest time before she walked out of my room with what seemed like a smile full of pride on her face. That reminds me… when’s appa getting back? We haven’t heard from him in ages.

Those thoughts flew out of my mind as I busied myself getting ready. The page on what to bring said to bring a few snacks and things to entertain yourself, plus a dance outfit if you ticked the ‘dancer’ box as well as the ‘singer’ box. I packed exactly that and showered, using my special strawberry shower gel that I only used on special occasions. I got dressed into a floral print dress and wedges, and applied some BB cream, mascara and lipstick to finish off the look. I decided to put my hair in a ponytail with a braid in it. Simple but pretty, right?

I walked down the stairs with my bag in hand before running back up the stairs to grab my dance sneakers. I ticked everything off in my head mentally. Audition papers, phone, wallet, dance clothes, dance sneakers, makeup bag. Check.

I sat idly on the lounge, humming and staring into space while waiting for Sehun. I heard the purr of an engine and ran into umma’s room. “Umma, I’m going now, Sehun’s waiting outside.” She poked her head out of her inbuilt closet and said, “Go for it. Don’t hold back, okay?” I nodded and sent her a flying kiss before running back to the door.

I opened it and Sehun was already there, his hand raised to the doorbell as he was just about to ring. I flew into his arms, grinning. I felt him wrap his arms around my waist and he swayed me from side to side before kissing my hair. “Someone’s excited, aren’t they?” I giggled. “Yep.”

“YAH!! Let’s go already, you guys!!” I heard Baekhyun yell from inside the car. “The choreographer will send us to the depths of hell if we’re late. Remember the last incident?!” Sehun turned his head towards the general direction of his hyung’s voice. “Yeah, we’re coming.” Turning his head back to me, “Have you got your stuff?” I gestured to the bag in my hand.

“Alright, let’s go.” Our hands intertwined as we walked to the car.

Sehun and I climbed into the back of the van and I leaned my head against his shoulder. “Hey, you can’t sleep right now! You have to be alert!” Sehun said as the van started moving.

I rolled my eyes. “I never said that I was going to sleep.” I poked his cheek. He grabbed my hand and brought it down to his. I got my hand free and poked his cheek again. “Your cheeks are so poke-able. Seriously.” 

Kai turned around in his seat. “Mine are more poke-able.” He smirked. I rolled my eyes again. “And who are you to judge the poke-ability of your cheeks?” He poked his tongue out at me and muttered, “You’ll see.” Before turning back around.

>>25 MINUTES LATER>>

We arrived at the S.M building. Luckily, no one really new who EXO-K was as they hadn’t debuted yet, so we could just breeze right into the foyer. “Good luck, Sammy~ I know you’ll be perfect.” Sehun said as he wrapped me into a hug. He tilted my head up and our lips met.  Afterwards, I hugged him again, incredibly tightly. He pushed me into the direction of the auditorium. “Go. You’ll see me soon enough.”

What did he mean by that?

I walked into the spacious auditorium. The walls were covered in huge poster of TVXQ, SNSD, Super Junior, BoA and other Kpop idols. I stared up at them. “Annyeonghaseyeo! Are you here to audition?” A girl in a full black outfit asked me. I nodded. “I know, even though they’re posters I still get star struck too. If you could please come with me to the table over there.”

She walked towards a group of white tables and sat herself down. “Your auditions papers please?” I pulled a folder out of my bag, slid my papers out and gave them to her. “Park Sammy, 17, auditioning to be a singer and dancer.” I nodded again. “Well, I’ll just give you your audition number and you’ll be set. She stuck a large sticker onto my stomach area and gestured to the direction of the seats, which were slowly filling up.

I made my way over to the seats, and there, I saw my worst nightmare. What the hell is Minji doing here? She was sitting with a group of other girls, all dressed in quite, well… y outfits. She turned her heads towards me and I made eye contact with her before I rolled my eyes and looked back towards the stage, where a middle-aged man was standing on a podium, ready to speak. The crowd quietened down.

“Hello, I am Lee Soo Man, head of S.M Entertainment. Today, you have all gathered to share your gifts with us, and possibly, the world. Whether you are a singer or a dancer, rest assured that today, you will most definitely be going all out. Ms Song will be telling you how the auditions will run. Good luck.” He walked off the stage as everybody applauded and a slender woman walked onto the stage, her wavy black hair shining under the spotlights. She, in truth, was very pretty. “Hi everybody, and welcome to the annual auditions. I am Song Naeun and I will be the coordinator and one of the judges today. A few lucky people that are sitting here, right now might be huge idols in the near future.”

After her introduction, she explained how the auditions were to go. They would call numbers at random, and those who were called walked through a small passageway to a private room where they would showcase their talent, and after that, the dancers would be lead into the resident dance room to show our dance talents. All of us were listening intently. She also said that the five people who were scouted would be given preference. I grimaced. That’s not really fair on everyone else though…

I shook the thought out of my head, afraid that it would affect my performance. Naeun walked off the stage to the applause of the crowd. A robotic voice came over the speakers. “Auditionees, you have ten minutes to prepare for the first call. Good luck to all.” It droned. All around me, girls and guys started warming up their voices while I sat there sipping on water and eating Hello Panda cookies. Then, in the last five minutes, I warmed up my voice.

(A/N: I don’t know people warm up their voices. Seriously.)

I was listening to the song I was going to sing when the first number was called. “Number 12039, please make your way to the room.” It was the same robotic voice. I looked around the auditorium and a willow of a girl stood up. She was wearing a lilac dress that made her look like a fairy. She was ordinary in appearance. They’d better not judge based on looks.

She disappeared through the passageway. Murmurs started to fill the room. “Good luck to her!”, and “She must be so nervous, being first!”. I sighed. A few minutes passed before that same girl reappeared, a huge smile on her face. People rushed up to her. She looked surprised. She must not know these people.

“How’d it go?” a guy with dirty blonde hair asked.

She giggled. “It’s not as bad as you guys think it is. The judges are kind.”

A collective sense of relief washed over the crowd. I bit my lip to stop myself from laughing.

The numbers continued to be called. One girl had an interesting outfit on- it was a black tank top with  a polka dot rara skirt and striped orange knee-high socks. It was like a Halloween costume, but not. Her hair was also tied up in pigtails.

I started to grow restless, or, for lack of better words, bored. I was hanging upside down on my seat when my number was called. The robotic voice came over the speakers again. “Number 12267, please make your way to the room.”

The passageway was lit by strategically placed spotlights that illuminated the various posters of the S.M stars. At the end of the passageway was a door with a question mark on it. Symbolism, huh? Interesting.

I pushed the door open. There were five judges sitting at a panel. In front of them was a stage, with a microphone standing front and centre. I walked up to the stage, stood behind the microphone and cleared my throat. They all looked up, and I was instantly star struck. Freaking TAEYEON from SNSD was sitting there, along with Changmin from TVXQ and Kyuhyun from Super Junior. My mouth went dry. Lee Soo Man instructed me to introduce myself. “Annyeonghaseyeo, Park Sammy imnida. Please take care of me.” I said while smiling. Everyone smiled back. Then Naeun spoke. “Sammy-ssi, it says here that you were scouted. Can you tell us when and where?”

I nodded. “I was scouted after a solo performance of Ailee’s ‘Heaven’ at my school’s singing competition about a month and a half ago. I went backstage and he was there waiting for me.” She nodded.

“What made you audition?” she asked. I thought for a second. “The fact that if I actually debut, I can meet people all over the world and share my voice with them, and the experience of it all. I also want to be someone who can inspire another person… sorry if that sounded too mushy.” I scratched the back of my head. The judges laughed. “You’re very charming, Sammy-ssi.” I looked up and it was Changmin who was speaking to me. My mouth made an ‘o’ and I bowed and thanked him.

“I really want to hear you sing now!! I’m so excited!” Taeyeon clapped her hands. I nodded. “I’d be glad to.”

[LINK] Hyorin ‘Because It’s You’

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2TKnDTrSWCQ

I closed my eyes while I was singing, and the song kind of… flowed from me. My voice felt stronger than before, and I felt like I was singing someone’s actual lament. Every emotion made me want to go harder. So this doesn’t only happen to me while I’m dancing.

My performance ended and for some reason, I touched my face. I was shocked to find tears gathering in the corner of my eyes. I hurriedly wiped them away before looking at the judges. Taeyeon and Naeun were crying and holding tissues to their eyes while the men’s eyes looked almost glassy. Kyuhyun spoke first. “She’s already in, isn’t she Boss?” Lee Soo Man turned toward him and nodded. He stood up.

“You are an extremely talented young woman. I did not expect that kind of voice to come out of you. Expect to hear back from us in about a week. Now, I believe you have a dance audition to get to.” He gestured to the door. I bowed again and walked out, a smile making its way onto my face. I stepped out of the room and eventually arrived back at the auditorium. I walked out with a huge smile and started to walk back to my spot.

I felt someone shove my shoulder very hard. I looked to my left and saw a cake-faced Minji. “I’m pretty sure you .” She said. “Tell us how it went, loser.”

“Well, I was one of the scouted people. In case you didn’t know. And yes, it went incredibly well. I made the judges cry. Even the guys. Let’s see what you can do. Funny thing is, if you think you can get in, why didn’t you compete in the singing competition?” I smirked and walked off, leaving her fuming.

I asked for directions to any dressing rooms, and one of the assistants pointed me in the right direction. I thanked her and went to get changed. I put on my clothes; three-quarter length tights, a fitted purple tank top and a black and white aeropostale zip-up hoodie. I also put on the sneakers I used for hip hop classes. They were a present from my dad. I laced them up and walked to the dance rooms, following some signs and arrows.

I walked up three flight of stairs before I arrived. When I got to the right floor, I saw 10 other auditionees getting out of an elevator. I mentally face-palmed. Anyway, I just followed them until we got to the right room. I was the last one to walk in, and Kai and Sehun were standing there playing Kai Bai Bo. I cleared my throat and they both looked up.

I ignored the both of them and let the other auditionee speak. “A-Annyeong. We’re here for the dance auditions?” she half said, half asked.

They smiled. “I’m Jongin. This is Sehun. We’re trainees here. Have been for quite a bit. We’ll be teaching the choreo. To you girls. Oh, and guy.”

The blonde-haired boy from earlier had entered the dance room. “Am I late?” he asked. We shook our heads. “Great. Annyeonghaseyo, Donghyun imnida, please take care of me.”

“No need for formalities. Everyone, put your stuff down and make lines behind us. And get ready ot dance.”

I went to the back after nudging Kai in his ribs. “Jongin, huh?” He gave me a dirty look and went back to talking to Sehun, who winked at me.

As I was putting my stuff down and taking my hoodie off, the girl who had spoken earlier came over to me. “Don’t touch Jongin oppa. He’s mine. Stay away from him, .” She hissed.

“Or what?” I whispered back.

“You-- You’ll regret it.”

“Coming from someone who’s shorter than me. You’re not even average height.” She visibly blushed. “Shut up. You’ll see.”

I rolled my eyes then mentally face palmed again. My y side was really coming out today. I sighed and made my way to the front, right in the middle of Kai and Sehun and more importantly, the mirror. I noticed the girl who had warned me had moved to the back, in the area right near my bag. I tapped Sehun on the shoulder. “Excuse me, I just need to bring my bag to the front.” He nodded.

I went to the back and grabbed my bag. “Perks of being near the front. You always see what’s behind you.” I whispered to the girl. She visibly fumed. I skipped down to the front and placed my bag to the side.

“Let’s do this.”

 


 

Hey girlies~ I'm back!! I hope you liked this chapter... Cause definitely had fun typing it. Don't forget to comment and subscribe! EXO WON THEIR FIRST AWARD ON 17TH SPETMEBR 2012. We must remember this date~ I'm so proud of our oppas!

Today's question is ::

 

If you could meet and go on a date with your ultimate bias, what would you do with them? Don't forget to give me your bias' name!

 

Remember, the owner of the owner of the most interesting, funny or creative answer will choose the next chapter's question! Also, there will be no new chapters if no one answers. Sorry. >.<

 

My answer would be: "Sehun and I would go on a picnic where we can play and just be free with each other. Then, at night we'll snuggle under a blanket and share kisses and stuff... *daydreams*

Until then, stay fab.

sammyBee xx.