Chapter 31::

Of A Dancer's Romance...

>>2 YEARS AND SIX MONTHS LATER>>

I stepped out onto the stage at my cue. “And please welcome, S.M Entertainments newest rookie, Sammy!”

I walked to the chair opposite the interviewer and bowed to him and the audience. They applauded loudly; I was shocked at the huge reception I was getting. I sat down in the stylish curved seat and relaxed myself, smoothing out my dress and thinking to myself. I smiled to the camera again and did a little wave before turning to the MC as he calmed the audience down.

“Sammy-ssi, welcome to your very first interview! Ooh, it’s such an honour to interview you, I heard you came from the United States when you were seventeen! Did you mean for all of this to happen?” he asked.

“I actually didn’t, no. I was scouted at a school competition by an S.M representative and I passed the auditions a few months before all of the other trainees.” I shyly admitted.

“Aigoo~ isn’t she cute?” he asked the audience. They erupted in cheers again. He turned to me again. “We’re going to have you perform your debut song, ‘Breaking My Misery’ at the end of your interview. Tell us, what is the song about?”

I looked down. “What this song is about… it can relate to what a lot of people, especially teenagers go through. Ah..” I hesitated for a little bit, but refocused. “The song is based on the feelings I had when I was severely bullied through my childhood by a single person. When that happens, you feel misery, helplessness and sadness. Often, you just want it all to stop, but it doesn’t, so you just keep on living like that.” I took in a breath, reminiscing the bad memories which were slowly overtaken by the happier ones. “Then it somehow all gets better. One person doing things for you and helping you to stand up for yourself can make your life a whole lot brighter and it really does get better. That person and many others become a light.”

The MC nods. “That was very touching, I can see some of the audience crying!” I turned towards the audience to see a girl who was wiping her face. I mouthed something to her. “It’s okay.” Her eyes widened before she nodded, and more tears came out. She’s going through what I used to go through.

“Time for some gossip!” the MC laughed. I laughed along with him, amused at the way he can easily make a nervous trainee so much more comfortable. “Do you have a special someone, or are you still single, hmm? With a pretty face like yours, I don’t think I’d believe you if you said you didn’t have a boyfriend.”

I giggled. “I do have a special someone.” I said. The male members in the audience groaned. “It seems like many people were chasing for your heart, Sammy!”

I laughed. “This person, he was the one who made me happier again. The last few lyrics of the song… I wrote them with him in mind.”

“You wrote the songs yourself?!” the MC is shocked. I nodded shyly, I didn’t want to make it seem like I was showing off. “We seem to have a very talented girl on our hands here. Tell me, do you have any variety talents you can show us?”

I thought for a moment, the audience waiting for me. “I don’t have any… mianhae.” I said.

He waved it off. “It’s okay, but just remember to develop some next time, Sammy-ssi.” He stood up and I did as well, straightening out my dress again. “Even though this interview was short, I think everyone is pleased and very, very excited to hear your song! Everybody, here is our already beloved Sammy’s debut single, ‘Breaking My Misery’! The audience clapped and cheered again and the cameras turned off. I shook hands with the MC before being ushered backstage for my makeup to be touched up and to change into my stage costume. It was a black and red dress that reached halfway down my thigh with a black lace train trailing behind me. My hair was let down into loose waves like it always was, and I wore flame-printed converses. It would help me dance better. Finally, a microphone was taped onto my cheek and secured to the back of my dress.

I walked out onto the stage again, getting into my position with my back up dancers. I was off to the side for the first few lines and crossed to the middle for the first verse.

It was all your fault,

You left me stranded in a dark place I just can’t remember,

Those bad memories

They’re not going anytime soon

You’ve left this scar on me forever

I stood with both hands on my hips and stared down into the camera, looking at it as though Minji was cowering under my gaze.

I never told anyone

I didn’t want to get unwanted attention

But another person came in

And just like a light

They made everything okay again

So for the last time

I’m saying goodbye

I’m breaking my misery

Next was my dance break. I tore of my train and threw it to the ground. The dance was full of grand and strong movements, making the impact of the song even greater than the confrontational lyrics did. One by one the backup dancers joined me. I enjoyed this dance break so much.

Far too soon, it was my last line.

And to the person who made it better

Stay by my side forever

And help me

To break down my misery.

I ended with my back to the audience looking down in a dramatic pose to the final chords of the electric guitar. The cheers were even louder than last time. I looked all around and saw the faces of the people smiling and clapping as though I had just saved the world. I bowed and felt myself getting teary and wiped a tear that had escaped.

The MC ran out to me and managed to calm down the audience a little. “Omo! You’ve made her cry! Sammy, why are you crying?”

He held the microphone to my mouth. “It’s because there are so many people smiling at me because of what I’ve just done. I feel so touched and proud and it’s a little overwhelming.” I wiped another tear. The MC laid an arm across my shoulders and said something for my ears only. “They love you. You can’t ask for much more.” He smiled and returned backstage. I bowed a few more times for the audience and went backstage as well.

The thought of debuting was scary enough… but it was wonderful. Even better than the school competition. The bad thing though… Sehun isn’t here. Why do you have to be in China with everyone else right now? I miss you so much.

I sighed as I handed the microphone back to the tech assistants and the quick-change stylists took off my costume. I changed back into my singlet and shorts with a checkered long sleeve shirt along with my own pair of white converses. I stepped out of the changing room where my manager (who insists that I call her ‘Miyoung unnie’) envelopes me in a hug. “Sammy-ah, you were wonderful up there! I’m so proud of you, we all are!”

I looked at her, puzzled. “We?”

She quickly covered with her hand. “You’ll see.” I followed her out to the car. This was the only thing on my schedule today, so I was free to go home. We pulled up at the S.M building and entered into the foyer. It was weirdly empty. Usually I’d see idols come through there to go to their schedules or to and from practice rooms in the afternoon.

“Miyoung unnie, why is it so quiet today?” she turned to look back at me. “I actually have no idea. But you have an extra training hour, you’re free to do what you want though.” She said, in her usual cheery voice.

We made our way up to my training room, number three. Suddenly, a blindfold was put over my eyes and tied tightly. “Don’t worry, I’ve got you.” Miyoung whispered. She pushed me through the doorway and guided me to some point in the room. “Three…two…one!” she took the blindfold off.

“CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR DEBUT!” my closest sunbaes from the S.M family were standing there in front of me. I searched for his face. Sehun..

He wasn’t there, neither was EXO, but I smiled nonetheless. “Thank you…”

They were confused. “Yah! Isn’t she meant to be happy? The crowd loved my little Sammy!” Eunhyuk shouted.

I burst out laughing, and he had a smug satisfied grin on his face.

“I know why she wasn’t excited.” Taeyeon giggled from the back. “And Eunhyuk oppa, since when was she yours?”

“It’s just a bit obvious, isn’t it?” Seohyun stated.

“Exo isn’t here~” they chorused. I blushed in embarrassment. It’s more one person than all twelve of them…

The door swung open. “You called?”

We all looked to the door and I gasped. All twelve of them were standing in the doorway, fighting to get in with Kai already inside, smirking at his hyungs. He looked over at me, I was about to burst into tears. He ran over to me and swung me around in a hug. “Congratulations, Sammy-ah! I knew you could do it, we were watching a live stream in the car…somehow.” He said scratching his head. I laughed again.

Each of the members came in a congratulated me, and I waited for the last member, but no one came. I looked down in disappointment. “Yah. Where’s that dumb maknae, aish, seriously. He has problems getting into places on time.” Baekhyun groaned.

Luhan went to look for him and came back when most of the family had left. He was pulling someone in by the ear. “Who prepares presents at the last minute? You should have better sense of timing, you weird maknae.” We could hear Luhan lecturing him from the other end of the hall. Finally he came through the door.

“Sehun…” I breathed.

“Hi.” He rubbed the back of his neck. “Sorry for being late.”

“I think we should leave these two together for the rest of the night.” Tiffany said, smiling at me and winking.

“Tiffany… that sounded kinda wrong.” Kyuhyun said.

“At least Sehun’s not an evil maknae.” She retorted.

“What’s that meant to mean?!” he exclaimed.

They continued arguing until everyone was out the door.

Sehun and I looked each other and he smiled. “Sammy-ah. Congratulations on your debut, you were beautiful.”

Unable to take it anymore, I ran to him and he scooped me up into his arms and held me incredibly tightly. “It was hard without you in China, you know that? It’s the fourth time since debut we’ve been there- it only gets harder. And lonelier.”

“I wanted you to be the first person I saw when I got out of my changing room, you know?” I said sadly.

He my cheek. “Really? I’m so sorry.”

I snuggled into his chest. “It’s fine. Your schedule wouldn’t allow it. It’ll happen again sometime soon, it can’t be helped.”

He nodded. “I missed you so much.” Sehun murmured.

“I missed you as well.” I whispered back.

We stayed like that before he pulled away and struggled to get something out of his pocket. “Sehun, it’s only my debut, nothing big. You didn’t have to get me any presents!” I said.

He held out a powder blue box that looked like it only just fitted into his pocket. “This is the first of many.”

“What do mean?”

He inclined his head towards the box. I untied the ribbon and took off the top. “…A bracelet with a microphone on it?” I looked at it and then looked at him.

“It’s a charm bracelet. I got it in China  to commemorate your debut. I thought the microphone was fitting.” He nodded proudly, obviously congratulating himself. “Next is our two-and-a-half-year anniversary.”

“Sehun…”

“Ah! Don’t! Half-years are important too, you know.” He said, wiggling his finger at me.

“It’s so sweet of you.”  I raised myself up and kissed his cheek, smiling. “Thank you.”

He tilted my chin up with a finger and proceeded to ghost his lips across my own. “I’ve wanted to do this for so long.”

He pressed his lips flushing against mine and in that moment, I was only capable of wanting more as my knees went week. It had been so long since were together. I pressed back and smiled, breaking the kiss to just look into his eyes.

He chuckled.

“It’s good to be back, beautiful.”


 

It's good to be back, my lovelies~!! I have motivation yayayayyayayayay~

And i have almost 60 subbies, thank you everyone, if you would let me just

/hugs

look forward to the next update?

xo sammyBee

brb dying because fab sehun omg